+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris011

Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
Newbie here.. hi members

NAVNSINGH

Jun 14, 2014
Feeling blessed...PER email received on 30th Sept. 2014.
Application received 30th may 2014.
NOC 2131.

Assets & liabilities box had been left blank, but proof of funds, including copies of bank statements, had been provided.

Payment mode: DD, encashed on 16th Sept. 2014.

Wish all forum members good luck...

Request admin to update the spreadsheet suitably...as I am travelling and have limited access to Internet...

Cheers...

Navneet Singh (as in spreadsheet)

Paris011

Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
Paris011 said:
Newbie here.. hi members

NOC 2171
Received: 30th May
CC charged: 16th Sept
PER: 29 th Sept

Marta

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/06/14
Doc's Request.
30/01/15
AOR Received.
PER received 30/09/14
Med's Request
30/01/15
Med's Done....
11/02/15
neel-here said:
Many Congrats Marta !!
Finally.. :)
Yehee finally after so many years they just saw my name and they had enough ;)

adrscuds

Jun 22, 2014
Curitiba - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS - 19/10/15
Doc's Request.
28/11/2016
Nomination.....
02/12/2016
IELTS Request
S 7.5 | L 8 | R 8.5 | W 6.5
Oh jeez! Caps updated.0

778 for 2174.

Starting to believe that I'm out of the race for this year.

Application was received by CIC, a 2nd time, on september 5th.

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
congratz. i guessed they care about POF only.
NAVNSINGH said:
Feeling blessed...PER email received on 30th Sept. 2014.
Application received 30th may 2014.
NOC 2131.

Assets & liabilities box had been left blank, but proof of funds, including copies of bank statements, had been provided.

Payment mode: DD, encashed on 16th Sept. 2014.

Wish all forum members good luck...

Request admin to update the spreadsheet suitably...as I am travelling and have limited access to Internet...

Cheers...

Navneet Singh (as in spreadsheet)

mramosr85

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Hi,

One question about the proof of funds. Is it required to have the money in a Canadian bank?

Some friends of mine have done this but the official information only states that one must show proof of readily transferable funds in a convertible currency, according to the number of people going to Canada.

So, having the money in my country and showing certifications from my current bank is valid?

Gego2

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2015
Dear friends,
I am completing my application to apply again, where I need your help.

I spent 4 years on studying for a master's degree, but I haven't finished it yet.

Question 1:
In Generic application (IMM0008ENU_2D), Section 2 in page 3 requires completing "No. of years education in total". Should I count the years I spent on doing this degree?

Question 2:
In Schedule A application, Section 7 asks for classifying the successfully completed years. Shall I consider my four years in the "Trade school or other post secondary school"?

Please advise.

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just sharing my experience -

App recd May 29
DD Sep 16 (cleared at overseas bank - Sep 22).
PER: Sep 30

Job letters -

Submitted 1 recent job ref letter with a 1 page bulleted list of job duties with my real experience but used keywords from the particular HRSDC job description.

Supplemented with job letters (but w/o detailed duties) for my past work exp.: Wherever applicable and wherever available, submitted offer letters+resignation letters+reference letters+last 2/3 payslips. For those, where I did not have a job duties letter, I got a self- affidavit / statutory declaration of job duties. These were ONLY used to supplement and reinforce the actual documentation. I submitted other documentation as well (for example, an extract from a company annual report that had my picture, name and title; an extract from a government document I had signed as a representative of the company that had my name and title, a letter of commendation, document showing my name and title participating in an industry conference). The key is to submit official documentation and supplement and reinforce it as much as possible. There is nothing called enough documentation and for those who have more than 5 years experience you got to be creative.

PCC: not submitted (no explanation letter attached)

Application Form:
Filled up the application forms using a lot of common sense

Spouse and I independently read the instructions (APPLICATION GUIDE) and the document checklist up and down. Noted our common understanding and went back to the guide and forum to confirm our understating. We used multiple sources to make sure what we have to do, but in the end relied on our judgement.

You have to be careful using the forum because many, especially the "newcomers" provide outright wrong information and some are downright arrogant. You should rely on the "old timers" and especially the posts from the early days - they contain a wealth of good and reliable information.

Memorised and created an excel with what is required and what we can provide and what was finally attached.

Spouse and I cross-checked independently:
a.documents required and attached and did so several times over a few days.
b. signatures
c. what finally went inside the courier package

We did not provide any explanation letters, cover letters or other prose. Just signed forms and documents.

Hope this was helpful.

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
mramosr85 said:
Hi,

One question about the proof of funds. Is it required to have the money in a Canadian bank?

Some friends of mine have done this but the official information only states that one must show proof of readily transferable funds in a convertible currency, according to the number of people going to Canada.

So, having the money in my country and showing certifications from my current bank is valid?
local bank in your country is enough.
for me, i asked the bank to show the amount in local currency as well as canadian dollar(exchange rate and its date also included).

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
congratz and thanks for sharing your experiences.

merrycan said:
Just sharing my experience -

App recd May 29
DD Sep 16 (cleared at overseas bank - Sep 22).
PER: Sep 30

Job letters -

Submitted 1 recent job ref letter with a 1 page bulleted list of job duties with my real experience but used keywords from the particular HRSDC job description.

Supplemented with job letters (but w/o detailed duties) for my past work exp.: Wherever applicable and wherever available, submitted offer letters+resignation letters+reference letters+last 2/3 payslips. For those, where I did not have a job duties letter, I got a self- affidavit / statutory declaration of job duties. These were ONLY used to supplement and reinforce the actual documentation. I submitted other documentation as well (for example, an extract from a company annual report that had my picture, name and title; an extract from a government document I had signed as a representative of the company that had my name and title, a letter of commendation, document showing my name and title participating in an industry conference). The key is to submit official documentation and supplement and reinforce it as much as possible. There is nothing called enough documentation and for those who have more than 5 years experience you got to be creative.

PCC: not submitted (no explanation letter attached)

Application Form:
Filled up the application forms using a lot of common sense

Spouse and I independently read the instructions (APPLICATION GUIDE) and the document checklist up and down. Noted our common understanding and went back to the guide and forum to confirm our understating. We used multiple sources to make sure what we have to do, but in the end relied on our judgement.

You have to be careful using the forum because many, especially the "newcomers" provide outright wrong information and some are downright arrogant. You should rely on the "old timers" and especially the posts from the early days - they contain a wealth of good and reliable information.

Memorised and created an excel with what is required and what we can provide and what was finally attached.

Spouse and I cross-checked independently:
a.documents required and attached and did so several times over a few days.
b. signatures
c. what finally went inside the courier package

We did not provide any explanation letters, cover letters or other prose. Just signed forms and documents.

Hope this was helpful.

puna76

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi,

CIC has recieved my docs on 8th Sept 14, for NOC 2171, any members or seniors who think i am out of race or probably in it? your suggestions are much appreciated..

Thanks

Iwanna44

May 12, 2014
Hi guys,

My CC got charged today! ;D

NOC: 1123
App received: June 11
CC charged: September 30

What is a next step after PER?

How do I edit the spreadsheet? I didn't save my original link...

Thanks to everyone for help, support and continuous posts. I just have to tell you guys that Canada is awesome as I'm already here on a work visa but on Sunday my very expensive bike tire got stolen of my bike when I went to McDonalds for 5 minutes. It was very upsetting and don't expect this country to be perfect. It is great but still be cautious. This news that I got today totally makes up for it though.

Good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.