+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akk19884

Dec 11, 2013
Hi, I don't have a record in spreadsheet but I still want to share that my cc has just been encashed half an hour ago. My file reached on 13th May.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
bitzmil said:
newbie here...please extend patience.

I know that the skilled worker application's deadline was last July.

Do I wait for January 2015 before I can fill up the online application form or do I go ahead and fill up one?
I'm sorry but even if you are a newbie to the forum you should at least have BEGUN to research how to apply for the FSW. ..obviously you haven't cos right from the start there's no such thing as an online application for permenant resident. ..

FSW 2014 is still open of course. ..go their website. .read the instructions. ..and decide whether to apply. .

rbb8

Jun 19, 2014
Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application...
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
Canada Immigration Newsletter (For information please)...

Government of Canada Cracking Down on Citizenship Fraud

August, 2014

In order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship, prospective Canadian citizens must meet a number of requirements. One such requirement is a minimum 1,095 days spent living in Canada in the four years before the date that the individual’s citizenship application is signed.

In 2012, the Government of Canada announced a crackdown on new Canadian citizens who lied about the amount of time they had spent in Canada prior to obtaining Canadian citizenship. Since then, officials have been acting swiftly to punish offenders. Canadian police are currently targeting about 11,000 people from over 100 countries who are suspected of defrauding the government by misrepresenting their periods of residency in Canada. Additionally, nearly 2000 other people have withdrawn their applications after questioning from officials.

An example of fraudulent Canadian citizens being punished occurred earlier this month, when the Government of Canada stripped members of a Lebanese family of their Canadian citizenship and fined them $63,000 after the amount of time they had claimed to have spent in Canada before obtaining citizenship was found to be false. The family signed citizenship forms claiming they had lived in Canada for almost four years. However, government officials revisited the case, making a diplomatic request to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the family’s travel records. They concluded that the family had really spent the vast majority of their time in the UAE. The judge declared their applications contained “patently false information”.

“Determining whether you meet residency requirements is not always easy,” said Attorney David Cohen. “However, in light of the government’s recent crackdown on citizens who did not have adequate physical presence in Canada before applying for citizenship, I recommend that individuals, who seek Canadian citizenship, ensure they spend the minimum 1,095 days in Canada in the four years before sending in an application.”

Meeting the Requirements

Citizenship applicants can avoid scrutiny and maximize their chances of success by complying with the rules. There are a number of requirements that must be met in order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship as an adult. All applicants must:
■Be permanent residents;
■Be at least 18 years of age;
■Have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the four years before the date that their application is signed (time spent residing legally in Canada prior to acquiring permanent residency counts as a half day of residency);
■Have adequate knowledge of English or French;
■Have adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
■Not be under removal order (ordered to leave Canada);
■Not be considered a security risk; and
■Not be criminally prohibited.
■Attend a ceremony and take the oath of citizenship.

As mentioned above, the Government of Canada has been strict about the requirement for citizenship applicants to have spent 1,095 days Canada in the last four years before the date their application is signed. However, in the past, there have been cases where individuals have been granted citizenship without meeting this requirement. The confusion regarding such cases is due to the fact that determining one’s period of residency in Canada is not always a straightforward process.

Generally, individuals must be physically present in the country in order to earn Canadian residency days. However, this regulation has been successfully contested in Federal Court before on numerous occasions. In some cases, individuals are compelled to leave Canada (for instance, while working for a Canadian company abroad). These individuals may be eligible to apply for citizenship based on a combination of factors that assess their connection to Canada. However these cases are rare and only a citizenship judge can determine if an applicant meets the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence.

To find out if you are eligible to immigrate through any of Canada’s over 60 immigration programs, please fill out an online assessment today.

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Dear members,

I need to get my CNIC English translation. Any member from Lahore, Pakistan who has already gone through the process.

I need to know what are the requirements. Normally, notarry public attests it (sign and stamp). However, I am confused what about the translator details...normally translator details are not available

mdimran04

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
medwiz said:
I'm sorry but even if you are a newbie to the forum you should at least have BEGUN to research how to apply for the FSW. ..obviously you haven't cos right from the start there's no such thing as an online application for permenant resident. ..

FSW 2014 is still open of course. ..go their website. .read the instructions. ..and decide whether to apply. .
Hi,
Can someone advise the best payment method for filing application?

abu-obaid

May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest (Transferred From AMMAN VO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-4-2014
Nomination.....
18-06-2014
File Transfer...
04-08-2014
Med's Request
13-1-2015
Passport Req..
Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug-2015
LANDED..........
Nov-2015
got this 2 days a go ....

Dear applicant,

In the interest of better workload distribution, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has transferred your application for permanent residence to our office for further processing.

Make sure to always quote your file number in all correspondence with our office. Your application will be processed according to the date it was initially received. This transfer will not cause any delay. If an interview is required, your file will be returned to the Immigration Section at the Embassy of Canada in Amman where the interview will be held.

From receipt of your application in our office, we assume responsibility for the processing of your application to its conclusion. Any correspondence directed to the previous visa office will remain unacknowledged.

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below within 60 days.

PLEASE ENCLOSE A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH YOUR REPLY.

1. Police certificates from all the countries where you would have been for more than 6 months, and not already included in your application, for yourself and each family member over the age of 18 years. All police certificates must be originals. Please check information on the web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/, in order to provide the correct police certificates.

6. Birth and marriage certificates for all members of the family- certified copies or duplicates, accompanied by certified translations.

7. Family record.

8. Settlement of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your spouse if your spouse is accompanying. There are two options to pay the RPRF :

a. For bank draft/certified cheque, please see: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

b. For online payment, please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=proc&cat=perm .

(once you have completed your online payment, please retain a copy of the receipt and forward the confirmation of payment to our office. )

Documents bearing other languages must be submitted as certified copies accompanied by original certified translations into English or French.

The forms listed above can be found on the CIC website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Please complete and then print the forms. All forms must be signed. You need to update the above documents even if they have already been submitted. Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates.

Please forward by mail all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this letter. The documents must be sent to the Embassy of Canada in Bucharest at the following address:

Immigration Section

Embassy of Canada

1-3 Tuberozelor St., Sector 1

011411 Bucharest, Romania

Remember to quote your file number on all correspondence. We will update your file but not acknowledge receipt of the documents. We will contact you if the need arises.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 8 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries.

However, please do advise us if there is a change in your personal circumstances, such as the birth of a child, a marriage or divorce. You must also inform us of a:

- Change of address, including change of e-mail address;

- Change of immigration representative. You must include a completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM5476E). You can find the form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

- Request for withdrawal of your application.

For information on how to update your application, please refer to the instructions on our website at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx?lang=eng

Please note that if we do not receive these documents and/or information within 60 days your application will be examined on the basis of the material available. This could result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that if you expect longer delays to obtain certain documents, you must send what you are able to provide within 60 days along with a letter indicating which documents will be provided at a later date, why they are not available now and when you believe you will be able to provide them.

We look forward to your reply.

Binn

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amanuppal said:
I think the files have already been transfered, they have not started sending AORs........
Yes Aman...that seems to be true, because "APSK" hasn't got AOR. He called up CIO for application update, and they told him that his file has been transferred to NDVO, which means that NDVO has not updated details of AOR. So early birds, belong to NDVO, your application might have reached NDVO 8)

Binn

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akk19884 said:
Hi, I don't have a record in spreadsheet but I still want to share that my cc has just been encashed half an hour ago. My file reached on 13th May.

Wow....congrats buddy...first 13th May applicant :D

Please submit ur details in https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Wl4oS7u4P1oek09X6ZUO6hHK-9jE3TNIAwgHSWMowAA/viewform

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
bitzmil said:
newbie here...please extend patience.

I know that the skilled worker application's deadline was last July.

Do I wait for January 2015 before I can fill up the online application form or do I go ahead and fill up one?
FSW 2014 is open till april,15.. If you fall into one of the 50 eligible NOCs you can apply..
You must score 67 points to qualify...
For more info pls visit http://www.cic.gc.ca

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO NO NO Interview Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
runningrace said:
21 points, I have same report :)
People here are saying different things, now if you are saying its 21 then could you let me know on what basis have you come to that calculation?

Experts advice again please !

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
akk19884 said:

Cngrats akk19884...pls update your data in ss...it is very easy...pls dont forget to save edit your response for future updating..
You can use link in my signature penel

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
medwiz said:
I'm sorry but even if you are a newbie to the forum you should at least have BEGUN to research how to apply for the FSW. ..obviously you haven't cos right from the start there's no such thing as an online application for permenant resident. .. <-- he definitely implied the Express Entry program starting next year here, sir, where he will need to apply online

sss1

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
akk19884 said:
Great! Congrats mate.

So a positive start to the day with the news that we are on to 13th May now.

Please also update the spreadsheet with your information as it will be a good reference point for you and other users.

The link is provided in my signature below.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Just go to court or notary public office and ask for translation, normally they stamp their details also. For mine they stamped 4 or 5 stamps on one translation. This is normal.

sdy said:
Dear members,

I need to get my CNIC English translation. Any member from Lahore, Pakistan who has already gone through the process.

I need to know what are the requirements. Normally, notarry public attests it (sign and stamp). However, I am confused what about the translator details...normally translator details are not available

om999

May 27, 2014
Congrats man...could you also update the ss ?
akk19884 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.