+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@ Shiningthistime

What makes u think that CIC/ Local VO guys are finance related and u will be subject to "racial" discrimination. Yes, ur experience letters may be subject to higher scrutiny to confirm your claim but will certainly not result in rejection. Both of ur companies are reputable, which will add lot of weight.

However, u should explain this apparent discrepancy in ur cover letter. Additionally, provide proof of any short courses, certifications, or charter (such as CFA) related to finance, if u have any. If u have applied and not provided such docs, don't worry. Provide these when VO asks for PCC/medical. Btw, such career switches are pretty common in western world (at least in US, timing of ur post tells me that probably ur in US so u know better than me). Microsoft has guys with degree in Music as software developers, which reminds me that its founder doesn't even have a degree. 8)

As far as degree mentioned in NOC is concerned, its for classification of Canadian employees for statistical data and policy making, not relevant to FSW.

P.S: Apply with confidence and continue shinning. However, u may have to expedite the process (if u have not already applied) as 1112 is second most in demand NOC.

Shiningthistime said:
Thanks a million Bro for such wonderful explanation here.. i understood the process now..? I got questions 8)
My education is Bsc lifescience but i worked with Dell computers as financial analyst for 6 yrs and now working with EA sprts into finance again. Do u think VO will get a question why lifescience degree and then work in finance? Every detail i provided is correct but wht scares me is the racial discrimination among finance and non- finance guys.. pls help me understand here Seniors..? ::)

veteran

Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi shifted to colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC RPRF 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
PER 25-3-2015
AOR Received.
18-5-2015
IELTS Request
REDO 24-12-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2015
Passport Req..
11-4-2016
LANDED..........
Anyone who have filed under NOC 0911.......
please reply....I have an query... ;D

Flyhigh

Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MK1708 said:
Hi,

I happened to be new to this forum.

I also made a mistake of not writing my name in the blank space provided in the consent and declaration section of generic application form. I believe since it is signed and dated so it should not be a major issue. My package is in transit and it will reach on monday. I can't reroute it as UPS doesn't allow it until unless it is rejected by the initial intended recipient. Can I send an addendum to CIC containing a cover letter explaining the situation and a new generic form with my name mentioned in the space.

Please advice.

Thanks
Hello Friend, welcome to the forum.
Forget about the oversight and remain positive.hope and pray!.....I wish u luck!

mr_masry

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Please could you help me understand something , if I'm applying to NOC 3215 and have 2 years of work experience in that NOC , but I also have 3 years of work experience in another skill A job not listed on the 50 NOCs of 2014 fsw ... Will this 3 years counts in my years of experience and will i get point for them ? or do they only accept and count years of work experience in the NOC I'm applying to only ?? ..

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_masry said:
Please could you help me understand something , if I'm applying to NOC 3215 and have 2 years of work experience in that NOC , but I also have 3 years of work experience in another skill A job not listed on the 50 NOCs of 2014 fsw ... Will this 3 years counts in my years of experience and will i get point for them ? or do they only accept and count years of work experience in the NOC I'm applying to only ?? ..
yes, they only accept and count years of work experience in the NOC ur applying for ??

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Re: ECA report, PLEASE HELP!!!

eazcue said:
Hello to all,

I have a problem, I sent with my application, a copy of my ECA report instead of the original, because I missunderstood the information on the Documents checklist. Is it a problem if I send my ECA report original now, a week later (my application arrived to the office on june 24) appart from my application? Do I need to send an explanation of this problem? What exactly should I do?

Thank you
That's the only option you have. It might or might not work, but no harm in trying. Send the original ASAP with a coverletter and your identifying details (and UCI number if you have one).

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
obaied said:
yes, they only accept and count years of work experience in the NOC ur applying for ??
mr_masry said:
Just to be clear, you CAN get points for work experience in NOC O,A, or B even if it is not your primary NOC or one in the list. But you have to submit proof of employment and job duties (reference letter and supporting evidence) to get points.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@mr_masry

The statement in this regard is little ambiguous and no one is 100% sure. However, it should not deter you from applying. In my opinion you should

1. Try to obtain 67 marks threshold from other sources, if possible. e.g. spouse IELTS or relative in Canada.
2. If your dont have this option (either don't have a spouse or IELTS dates are far away) or still don't meet the 67 points criteria, then fulfill all the requirements for proof of your other job as you will do for your primary NOC job such as experience letter including your roles & responsibilities, salary, etc etc paystubs, employment letter, etc etc.

Best of luck.

mr_masry said:

kishcanada

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
28th Oct 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
2nd April 2014, received from consultant on 4th April
Med's Done....
8th April
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13th May 2015, received from consultant on 14th May
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

My application is in transit and stuck at status "Forwarded for delivery ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA" since 2 days and doesn't seem to move. I had my documents ready on 13/June but the immigration consultants in Bangalore delayed sending the application package out till 25th June saying that the docs were under review. Given that my application might reach CIC possibly by mid next week 2/3 June and that I have applied for one of the hottest NOCs 2171, could someone please tell me whether I still stand a chance?

Are candidates selected for PR on first come first served basis or will there be any weight given to number of years of experience, educational qualification, etc? Of total 11 years of work exp, I have worked for 7.8 years in 2171 (SAP consultant/Infor Movex consultant) and have worked in Netherlands, Switzerland and studied my MBA in the UK. Will these help at all?

I know no one has a crystal ball but all I want to know is a possible/likely outcome based on last year stats.
Am now repenting having taken the services of that Visa consultant who consumed most of the time.

Please advice.

Best,
Kish

CI_DREAM

May 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2014
Nomination.....
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
24-Sep-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
08-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-May-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-May-2015
LANDED..........
Insallah Soon
ashif_eee said:

ALL BRAZILIAN APPLICANTS and SUPPORTERS----CONGRATS!!!

Feeling HappY ... ;) ;):D :D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
kishcanada said:
Hi,

My application is in transit and stuck at status "Forwarded for delivery ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA" since 2 days and doesn't seem to move ( Its normal stay cool. from this point your courier service handover your documents to another courier service which will deliver it to NS, so update it when it will be delivered ). I had my documents ready on 13/June but the immigration consultants in Bangalore delayed sending the application package out till 25th June saying that the docs were under review. Given that my application might reach CIC possibly by mid next week 2/3 June and that I have applied for one of the hottest NOCs 2171, could someone please tell me whether I still stand a chance? ( Hope you will be in )

Are candidates selected for PR on first come first served basis ( [font=Verdana]Yes NOC filled first served basis , either you have 67 or 100 points doesnt make any difference while making selection[/font] ) or will there be any weight given to number of years of experience, educational qualification, etc? Of total 11 years of work exp, I have worked for 7.8 years in 2171 (SAP consultant/Infor Movex consultant) and have worked in Netherlands, Switzerland and studied my MBA in the UK. Will these help at all?

I know no one has a crystal ball but all I want to know is a possible/likely outcome based on last year stats.
Am now repenting having taken the services of that Visa consultant who consumed most of the time.

Please advice.

Best,
Kish
See my comments in RED Mark

ruknab

Aug 15, 2013
kishcanada said:
Hi,

My application is in transit and stuck at status "Forwarded for delivery ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - CANADA" since 2 days and doesn't seem to move. I had my documents ready on 13/June but the immigration consultants in Bangalore delayed sending the application package out till 25th June saying that the docs were under review. Given that my application might reach CIC possibly by mid next week 2/3 June and that I have applied for one of the hottest NOCs 2171, could someone please tell me whether I still stand a chance?

Are candidates selected for PR on first come first served basis or will there be any weight given to number of years of experience, educational qualification, etc? Of total 11 years of work exp, I have worked for 7.8 years in 2171 (SAP consultant/Infor Movex consultant) and have worked in Netherlands, Switzerland and studied my MBA in the UK. Will these help at all?

Please advice.

Best,
Kish

Dude we shd seek ur advice since you hv traveled so much, name u hv just mentioned..dutch, swiss... can't u work there again..

Surely these two countries are better than canada(no offence meant to anyone).

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
kishcanada said:
Hi,

Please advice.

Best,f
Kish

Hi ,
The applications are processed on a first come first serve basis .
If you do not fall in the cap they will just simply return .

Saying this the dates which you have mentioned , according to me you still stand a good chance of making it into the cap of 2171.
Let's pray . stop worrying .

And please make your entry in the spreadsheet .

rohit.pandhi

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No its first come first serve basis. Thats why canada is opening up a new system in 2015. It will based on points and higher u have more suitable u are to picked up..

kishcanada said:
Hi,

Please advice.

Best,
Kish

Status
Not open for further replies.