+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
dmitrych said:
Just found out that my DD has been cashed on 6th of June ;D
(I'm a May 6 applicant)

It's really time for CIC to start issuing PERs for May 6 applicants :)
Don't forget to update the spreadsheet and let me know if you need instructions ;) ;D ;) ;D :p

soloDBA

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
LANDED..........
May/July 2015 (hopefully)
soloDBA said:
there are just wayyyy too many messages to go through.
i needed input on 2 items:

1. sample format for letter from manager for duties, etc. i will put the actual job duties. need remainder of the format.
2. credit or DD, which to use? which is preferred? does DD leave 0% room for error?
3. i have 2 different position (junior and senior) in the same company. do i mention it as 2 separate entries in Schedule A - Economic Classes Q12? And also on Schedule 3 - Background Declaration Q8?

Thanks
posting for the 3rd time guys. need some input.

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah2014 said:
@ jsb85

I am not an IT expert, but looking at 2 apps returned for "insuffiient roles & responsibilities" i can think CIC is looking for bit more explanation, so that they dont have to interpret exact nature of your role. So just explain each role in little more detail e.e. for Pt # 1 in first letter "you should mention "requirements for what". Similar explanation for all other points.

I assume you have removed other "required item" for confidentiality sake and just presented role.

Hi Shah2014

Thanks for your Reply.

Yes, i removed the letter head details part from the letter.

I have blindly copied the roles from the CIC website and forwarded it to my employer, because these roles perfectly matched with my profile so even my employer simply pasted those in the letter.

What should i do now, getting these letter again will be a big challenge...As the employer give me a very hard time.

indresh83

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
sent medicals done for SP on 19-03-2015
dmitrych said:
(I'm a May 6 applicant)

Congratulations my friend......party hard :) :) :)

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
Oscar7 said:
It's one no criminal record summary from FBI for your entire stay in USA. Don't need it state-wise. They take 25 days to process plus additional days spent in transit. FBI dispatches it by ordinary mail, which is the worst part. Last year I did not get it in India, despite they posting it twice for me (without additional charge for the second time). This year I have ordered 2 copies, at $18 each to be on the safer side, one at a friend's address. If you have anyone in USA you can address it at friend's address and ask the friend to courier it to you if you are outside North America now. This will ensure your report is not lost!!! Good luck! :)
Oscar and other Seniors,
Any Idea on how we can get the fingerprints correctly done in India?

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
tknova said:
Don't forget to update the spreadsheet and let me know if you need instructions ;) ;D ;) ;D :p
;D

Century said:
Congratulatioin Dmitrych.
indresh83 said:
Congratulations my friend......party hard :) :) :)
tknova said:
Congrats !!!! the Spreadsheet magician !!!

How did you find out about the DD .. ??
Thank you :D
My DD was from a currency exchange / travel company, so I just made a request for them to check if it has been cashed.
By the way, it took them 6 days to check - which is a pretty common time for such requests, as I understand.

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
dmitrych said:
(I'm a May 6 applicant)

tknova said:
Congrats dmitrych!!

tknova, +1 to you for your humor.. It's joke of the day :D :D :D

Raging bull

Jun 9, 2014
Hi forum member.. Need help urgently!! I think I have messed up big time...

I sent my application yesterday and was very confident at the time that I have managed to fully complete it, but not any more...

Mistakes I made:

In the schedule A economic form, in the section where in you are supposed to mention your career history with corresponding NOC's...
A) I wrote in the empty space in between the two work period to write my NOC name as the space was less..didn't use a separate sheet.
B) in job duties i mentioned " please refer attachment" as I figured they will check the detailed company reference letter any way... I did not mention refer to what or attached any annexure.

Also, on my current company letter head i mentioned my supervisors email id but did not give any phone or fax no's. Numbers given are for the HO and not for my local office.

I didn't attach any job contracts, pay stubs and only shared the reference letter which contains all info about my employment, salary and perks. Although I have everything :-(

In the absence of my birth certificate i attached my secondary and 12 certificates a long with a cover letter. But no affidavit.

Have I made a blunder?? My packet is still in transit and maybe I can convince the UPS guys to stop and bring it back... What should i do... I am really scared now..

Pleas help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
dmitrych said:
(I'm a May 6 applicant)

Congrats ........our stories are getting sweeter now.
More to come from the admin section of FSW2014.
CONGO dmitrych!
Cheers

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@jsb85

Good that u explained and accepted the "plagiarism" before committing the crime!!!

In any case, you are not supposed to "blindly" copy them, before anything request your HR to REWORD the duties and then add some meat, spices, onion etc etc.

What i did was, i provided the printout (avoid soft copy as it leads to copy/paste) and soft copy of official JD to your supervisor and ask him to provide an honest description of your duties (aligned to the broad outline provided under NOC description). Then he should send it to HR. The best benefit of this exercise is that when i gets call from VO for verification, he will use similar words as written in your experience letter, which will substantially boost VO's confidence.

jsb85 said:

Hi Shah2014

Thanks for your Reply.

Yes, i removed the letter head details part from the letter.

I have blindly copied the roles from the CIC website and forwarded it to my employer, because these roles perfectly matched with my profile so even my employer simply pasted those in the letter.

What should i do now, getting these letter again will be a big challenge...As the employer give me a very hard time.

FSWDev

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Got from some other Forum

I called JK Consultancy and they are TOOOO expensive. They said if I do it in Delhi, they would charge Rs. 3500 per person. I live in Chennai and they said it would cost me Rs. 13,000.
I researched and found out the process of getting fingerprints done locally. The Govt of India does it. YES THEY DO. And it is done by the Tamil Nadu Forensic Department by Registered Fingerprint Experts who take and analyze Fingerprints for all Criminal Investigations.
And here is the kicker. It costs Rs. 50 (Yes FIFTY RUPEES ONLY).

Here is the process for people in Chennai.
The Forensic Department has an office called SCRB (State Crime Record Bureau). It is on the Marina Beach Road. If you go from Cathedral road, take a right onto the beach road. Pass the lighthouse and pass 2 more lights. You will then pass a small bridge. As soon as you pass a bridge you will see a graveyard on the left (look carefully you may miss it) and right opposite the graveyard you will see the SCRB building.
Walk in. Mention you want to get fingerprints taken for visa purposes. They will give you a form to fill and the name of the bank to go to to pay the Rs. 50. Once paid, come back to this office and they will give you the fingerprints in the form of your choice.
For US Police Certificates, you may print out the form FD-258 from fbi d.o.t gov
Alternatively, there is a xerox shop opposite Adyar Busdepot that gives you a color printout in a nice thick Fingerprint Card for a cost.

For other cities, look for the Forensic Department in your town and go talk to them. They will help. Do not get tricked by Commercial Agencies who charge an arm and a leg for something as simple as this.

Or - just take a flight to Chennai and get it done here. It's STILL cheaper.

immig_IT_guy said:
Oscar and other Seniors,
Any Idea on how we can get the fingerprints correctly done in India?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
FSWDev said:
Hi

I have applied for FBI Clearance Report and it reached to FBI exactly 2 weeks back, till now there are no charges made in my CC for any processing Fee. Do I have to wait or should I Call them? I should send it to CPC-O in another 60 days
I had also applied couple of weeks back and still my CC has not been charged. What I noticed in the website was that initially it was 20 calendar days and now, it is listed as 28 days . I guess lets wait till the end of this week to get our card charged. :eek: :eek:

incanadanow

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
Aug 2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hi Seniors,

My application reached on 14th May NOC 2174, I also have a UCI number, Today I received reference letter from one of my last company.
I am planning to send it to CIC.

Q1. What do you suggest, should I send it?
Q2. Will CIC be able to track my docs and include this reference letter with it?
Q3. Do I have sufficient time?
Q4. What details should I mention on the envelop so that it will be easy for CIC to track my?

Please help.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@ A_S
@immig_IT_guy
@Partner Oscar

That's the only reason, i never went to US.

A_S said:
I had also applied couple of weeks back and still my CC has not been charged. What I noticed in the website was that initially it was 20 calendar days and now, it is listed as 28 days . I guess lets wait till the end of this week to get our card charged. :eek: :eek:

Aminow

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2015 Updated Schedule A background declaration
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
22-08-2016
shah2014 said:
@ jsb85

Good that u explained and accepted the "plagiarism" before committing the crime!!!

In any case, you are not supposed to "blindly" copy them, before anything request your HR to REWORD the duties and then add some meat, spices, onion etc etc.

What i did was, i provided the printout (avoid soft copy as it leads to copy/paste) and soft copy of official JD to your supervisor and ask him to provide an honest description of your duties (aligned to the broad outline provided under NOC description). Then he should send it to HR. The best benefit of this exercise is that when i gets call from VO for verification, he will use similar words as written in your experience letter, which will substantially boost VO's confidence.
Does the letter has to be signed by HR or is it Ok if it is signed by my Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.