+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Re: NID

beximco said:
No need to provide NID as you don't know the expiry date so better notbtobgive.
Hi,

But the NID number is mentioned in the passport. Wont they ask for it?

Thanx

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
trini_ac said:
Friends please help. I can't fit my job description into any of the noc codes out of frustration I checked bookkeeping and clerk positions and still nothing. This is the job description

Assisting the manager, Finance and Operations to ensure timely and effective performance of the Finance and Operations function
.Responsibilities:
Assist in the preparation of monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, subsidiary and general ledgers
Process financial transactions on a daily basis to ensure that the company's financial records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
Maintain files and correspondence pertaining to accounts payable
Prepare bank, broker and customer correspondence
Update the company's portfolio management database

Would I be under 1114 - it said in the description it was for all other finance jobs not elsewhere or would I be in 1111? Or some other code I can't find
Email your duties to HRSDC @noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca
They will get back to you with your NOC within 2-3 days.

ankit1987

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Friends,
I am confused about relevant NOC for my job profile. I am working in India as a Credit Rating Analyst where we perform following duties:

1) Interpret, analyze and investigate company's financial risk profile, business risk profile
2) Investigate companies financial statements and interpret it to understand credit risk involved in the company by preparing a detailed credit report
3) Visit and verify the client's manufacturing facilities and production units and prepare a report on it
4) Interacting with the statutory auditors of the client to investigate and inquire about the quality of governance and internal control system of the client
5) Interact with the bankers of the client to investigate overall conduct of the client's account and investigate whether there is any delay in debt servicing or any overdrawing in the account
5) Constantly monitor the client's financial situation and review it periodically
6) Investigate and interact with the customers and suppliers of the client
6) Assign Credit ratings to the company depending on their Credit quality assessed from the above mentioned tasks
6) Analyze Industry trends and write a report/article on the effect of which on the credit quality of the clients
7) Investigating regulatory and legal requirement of the clients and compliance with them to make the assigned ratings live

I think I am falling in NOC 1114- Other financial officers. As a title called Credit Agency Inspector is there

Madi k

Feb 28, 2014
cjg1987 said:
Yes you can get 23 points for your Master's
Check the guide again

Education Points
Doctoral (PhD) level 25
University-level credential at the Master's level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree. CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, in one of the following fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine; Dentistry; Podiatry; Optometry; Law; Chiropractic Medicine and Pharmacy. 23 I have 4yrs degree in physiotherapy, which is also a entry to practice professional degree n for which licensing from a regulated body z needed. how mch points will i get?
Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials is for the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 22
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer 21
Two-year post-secondary program credential 19
One-year post-secondary program credential 15
Secondary school (also called high school) 5

ankit1987

Star Member
May 2, 2014
ankit1987 said:
Friends,
I am confused about relevant NOC for my job profile. I am working in India as a Credit Rating Analyst where we perform following duties:

1) Interpret, analyze and investigate company's financial risk profile, business risk profile
2) Investigate companies financial statements and interpret it to understand credit risk involved in the company by preparing a detailed credit report
3) Visit and verify the client's manufacturing facilities and production units and prepare a report on it
4) Interacting with the statutory auditors of the client to investigate and inquire about the quality of governance and internal control system of the client
5) Interact with the bankers of the client to investigate overall conduct of the client's account and investigate whether there is any delay in debt servicing or any overdrawing in the account
5) Constantly monitor the client's financial situation and review it periodically
6) Investigate and interact with the customers and suppliers of the client
6) Assign Credit ratings to the company depending on their Credit quality assessed from the above mentioned tasks
6) Analyze Industry trends and write a report/article on the effect of which on the credit quality of the clients
7) Investigating regulatory and legal requirement of the clients and compliance with them to make the assigned ratings live

I think I am falling in NOC 1114- Other financial officers. As a title called Credit Agency Inspector is there

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
kunalap said:
Really? I have M.S. in Computer Engineering from USA. And B.E in Computer Science from Mumbai University India.
So I get points for B.E. only?

I was planning to do WES evaluation of M.S in USA only so get 23 points.
I'm in trouble now. Because evaluation of B.E. is going to be more painful and time consuming.

you are not in trouble .. please check guide again and read carefully

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#family

Education Points
Doctoral (PhD) level 25
University-level credential at the Master’s level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree. CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, in one of the following fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine; Dentistry; Podiatry; Optometry; Law; Chiropractic Medicine and Pharmacy. 23
Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials is for the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 22
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer 21
Two-year post-secondary program credential 19
One-year post-secondary program credential 15
Secondary school (also called high school) 5

also Appendix C http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

nshivani

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
manishkapoor said:
Hi , hinaimran where did u book it from (location) ?
which delivery package u choose and what was the Expected delivery date .

I had a very nice exp with UPS , i booked it on 5th and it got delivered few hours back .
I took world express saver package with 20% discount on the price ..
Infact I checked with fedex also before booking the shipment they said if i book it on 5th the earliest i can expect the shipment to be delivered was on 12th ..
I think UPS delivering in 3 days is amazing !!
Exactly ... me too .. UPS delivered my pack in just 3 days ... I had opted for UPS World Express service ...

kb_virgo2003

May 3, 2014
Hi,

I am going to apply under fsw and while filling "General Application Form" I have below questions:

Under Application Details:

Q1) 4th field is "Immigration office requested for processing this application" - As I live in India, i believe it should be "New Delhi, India". Please confirm.

Under National Identity document:

Q2) What is National Identity document for Indians? I believe its "Adhaar Card", but i am not sure about the same. Can some one confirm if Adhaar Card will work here or is it better leave it blank as it is not mandatory?

Under Education/occupation detail:

Q3) I have confusion related to Numbers of years in education: In India, I have done:
--> KinderGarten(KG), Upper KinderGarten - 2 yrs
--> Schooling from 1st to 12th standard - 12 years
--> Then 6 years for courses. So I believe total year of education is 20 years.

But here i am not sure if KG and UKG should also be counted in studies, if we'll leave them then total number of years would be 18 yrs& including them it is 20 yrs.

Q5) For Indians, what number of years so we need to add in:
Elementary/primary School: ? (7 yrs?)
Secondary/High School: ?(5 yrs?)

Please confirm about the same.Thanks.

ziafsw

May 5, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO)
NOC Code......
1111 (Financial auditors and accountants)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app (27-08-2015 requested outing photos with spouse. 24-09-2016 requested to Complete the spousal Questionaire (IMM5490E))
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
30-09-2014 (27-08-2015 Return PP & COPR with spouse's documents to add in my app)
Med's Request
12-12-2014 (04-02-2016; Second MR after adding spouse)
Med's Done....
05-01-2015 (23-02-2016; done MR with spouse)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2014 (14-03-2016; PPR with Spouse)
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015 (Issued Again with Spouse 04-04-2016)
LANDED..........
21 November 2016
is it necessary to send work contracts and pay stubs now? cause they have mentioned in document checklists that "Additional Supporting May include:" I think they may request the contracts and pay stubs later. What is your opinion?

they used the word may. one of my friend just sent his work reference as per document checklist. will it create any problem in selection process? i am preparing my file.

ashif_eee said:
Yes brother, U can apply...Its not stated anywhere about the Educational and work exp matching ..

but in this case, u need to prove strong work letters which can be done by below...:)

Work experience requirement:

1. Job duties on Company Letter head.
2. Full time /Working hour should be mentioned.
3. Company's seal if applicable

Additional:

5. Appointment/contract letter
6. Payslip (3 months will be enough)
7. Business card of applicant and referee (reference letter's).

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
kunalap said:
guys, i was about to order WES evaluation tonight of only my MS from US University and not my BE from Indian Univ.
Now from what I hear, the MS from US doesn't qualify? Or do I get 22 points for it? This is news to me.

Can someone confirm urgently.

I need to know if I can still go ahead with getting only me US MS evaluated and not my Indian BE. Indian BE will delay the process by few weeks.

Someone had said -----------------------

U will get 22 point...
If u have the masters on specifically on these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy then u would get 23.. Smiley Smiley

Check Appendix C
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

Also check the guide again

University-level credential at the Master’s level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree. CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, in one of the following fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine; Dentistry; Podiatry; Optometry; Law; Chiropractic Medicine and Pharmacy. 23

I think you are fine... what do you think of the above?

ggulati

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Hi

By mistake I had the WES request form attested from the University which has US address (New York) at the footer and not of Canada(Ontario) , would that form suffice for FSW application?

Please confirm ..

Thanks for your reply.

hinaimran

Apr 28, 2014
nshivani said:
Exactly ... me too .. UPS delivered my pack in just 3 days ... I had opted for UPS World Express service ...
I opted for UPS World Express service too on 5/5/2014 and its still in TRANSIT :( I did it from Karachi Pakistan....

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
I'm in the same situation. MS from US and B-Tech from India.

You need to know something. CIC doesn't understand non-Canadian credentials. So, CIC entirely depends on WES (or other ECA orgs) to evaluate your foreign credentials and calculate a Canadian Equivalency.

So, what you are looking for is, send your MS transcripts to WES ASAP. I did the same. So, WES now goes through your MS degree and looks at the university website where you got the degree from. If the university website (or whatever research they do) suggests that MS from that US university can only be obtained if the candidate successfully completes a 4 years Bachelor's degree, then you are in good shape. If not you might end up sending them your Indian degree too.

To summarize, if WES determines that your US masters is equivalent to Canadian Master's (Which I believe is mostly going to be true), then the assessment will say so and you will be awarded 23 for that.

WES received my Master's documents and they are reviewing them now. I'm in a little better shape compared to you, because I have my bachelor's transcripts handy just in case they request. But start the process ASAP.

kunalap said:
guys, i was about to order WES evaluation tonight of only my MS from US University and not my BE from Indian Univ.
Now from what I hear, the MS from US doesn't qualify? Or do I get 22 points for it? This is news to me.

Can someone confirm urgently.

I need to know if I can still go ahead with getting only me US MS evaluated and not my Indian BE. Indian BE will delay the process by few weeks.

Someone had said -----------------------

U will get 22 point...
If u have the masters on specifically on these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy then u would get 23.. Smiley Smiley

missionimpossible

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
28-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
Hello All,

Can anyone provide some insights on the below:

Is it ok to send two fee payment options with the number priority being the DD. I am from India and the max validity for the DD would be 6 months. In case there are delays and CIC does not process the DD in that time frame, would it be OK if we also provide CC details. I spoke with Cit bank regarding the potential international transaction. They could not commit to me that the payment will go sucessfully. They claim the compliance team does block certain high value transaction and they call the customer to verify. With my experience with government employers, I doubt CIC will try a second attempt on the card. Please advise.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Job Description Issue

I will soon be sending in my application to CIO. And I am in a big dilemma, my company has issued me the employment certificate and I have every supporting document required by the checklist. But the company doesnt issue any official job descriptions as such. None of my supervisors are willing to sign on the job description and responsibilities either. What all I have is a system generated generic job description for my profession without any official stamp.

Will this suffice or do I need to send self-declaration or is there any other way around this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.