+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigsaw said:
Thank you for the welcome note. the answers help quite a bit.
The only other hiccup i face now is that the funds (collectively for both) are in my account and not my wife s (i can tranfer the relevant amount to her account right away but will that bank statement be enough for her since it ll reflect funds coming in just a month back, assuming we shoot our applications within 1 month from now?). :-X
Your settlement funds can be in either of your names, though it looks better if in the principal applicant's name. All that is required for settlement funds is that it is available for your family so help you get settled when you land, so as long as you can demonstrate sufficient funds that's fine. You don't need double the amount of funds, and you don't need to show it in one name or the other, just because you are submitting two applications.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akashsar said:
In question no 8 Background history IMM5669E Schedule A BckGrd dec there is something called
personal history.In the personal history activity coloumn can I just put service or
I need to put the designation of the service? The reason why I am asking is that my company changed
my designations many times. Some of them I even donot have track.

Seniors please advise.
Activity under personal history should be something like "Employment as XXXXX." If you can't fit in everything or don't remember everything maybe "Employment in several positions." You don't need to be super detailed about your jobs in the personal history section, just accurate without leaving gaps. However when it comes to experience letters or describing your work experience, it would be good if you could pull together as much information and be as accurate and complete as possible.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suppal said:
Hi Ashif,

I have a question. I have already applied for 2174 and my application reached on 5 May 2014.

I want to know the approximate number of months after which I can expect the AOR, CC Charged and PER.

And, my most important question. When I will be asked to give PCC? I mean after how many months. I am asking this because I have lived in US for more than 6 months and to get the US PCC through FBI, it used to take 2-4 months till last year. And, as per my knowledge, when the VO asks for PCC, I guess he gives us a specified amount of time to provide the PCC. Please reply.
Nobody knows when you can expect AOR/PER, but historically about 2 months.

They can ask for PCC at any time. Order it now so you will be on track to have it when they request it. I have already received mine from the US FBI, it only took about 6 weeks including international mailing.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Dear Bangladeshi Friends,

Help me on this one.

Affidavit by translator has be to done in the presence of a commissioner of oaths.

Who is deemed to be a commissioner of oaths in Bangladesh?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash73 said:
Hi seniors,any guesses as to when cc/dd s will get charged this yr.if anyone has a recollection of when it started happening last year ,it might bring peace to a number of anxious minds.
I doubt it! :p

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snow_ski said:
qus regarding work experience.
I am working in my current place for 3 year 8 months. Previously i have worked in a different organization in same position for 9 month. my experience goes in same noc and i want to claim point adjustin both organizations (4 years as same occupation in both firm).
What are the documents i have to provide for the first job? As i left the job long back i have appointment and release letter only.
Please help! :-(
Read the document checklist item 12. If you can, you need to obtain a reference letter from that employers containing all the indicated information. If you can't, maybe a letter from your former supervisor would do, but it's less desirable.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Sureluck said:
ielts will expire jan2015. i learned about fsw this year 1st week of may and has no plans to reapply at first but i realized why would i not try since it is still may. so now am just updating some docs like PCC, license, get updated docs from relative, got to get updated pics. sort of that.its little things and yet requires (a lot) time and effort. but let's see. God has plans for everyone..
If you are not in IT and finance.. You still have chance. It is always better to be proactive in case of immigration. My brother in law is in Canada and he said most people had their file ready the next day the program was announced. That's why you see lot of applications have reached on 1st may itself. But don't loose hope you still have chance

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yousif2010 said:
hi guys i need help urgently.
My problem is that i have a bachlore degree as computer engineer but i dont have any work experience in the same. i have 4-5 years experience as an estimation engineer NOC 2234 & i am preparing my application but two days back i met one consultant and he said that i dont have any chance because my degree is not matching with the NOC.
Now i am confused should i go further and submit my application or thats it its game over for me.
Anybody in the same situation please, advise.

Rregards
I do not see any requirement that your degree must be in the same category as the primary NOC under which you are applying. Ask your consultant what is his basis for saying so, what is his source from official CIC publications that shows this requirement?

The only exception would be, if you are in a field that requires acceptance by a professional licensing body to practice (like medicine or law), there is a specialized ECA requirement where the degree is evaluated to ensure that it is equivalent to the Canadian degree that is required to practice in that field in Canada. But engineers aren't included in that group of professions.

By the way, this is not directed at you but as a general comment, I have never seen anyone on this board say their consultant was really helpful and added value to their application or was a significant help in the process. I've read a lot of consultant stories that if I were that applicant, I'd be demanding a refund and/or reporting them to CIC as scammers. If you really want help, use an immigration lawyer. Mine was VERY helpful.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kencreech said:
seniors,

I saw some of you calculate your IELTS points in the way which is different from mine. Please refer the link below. My understanding is that you will receive CLB 8 unless each of your Listening, Reading, Writing AND Speaking are equal or over 7.5, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5. If one of the four falls under the point 6.5, then you will not receive CLB 8.
It relates to the self point then for FSW immigration, so then your language points is 5, 5, 5, 5 (25 in total). So there is no such way like Listening CLB 8, Reading CLB 9, .....
http://www.ieltsessentials.com/clb/index.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp

Am I correct?
I don't really understand what you're asking. You can get 4, 5 or 6 points for each skill tested. But you need to score the minimum in each skill to be eligible under the FSW program.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rababkazim said:
Can i send my spouse ielts at later stage ? iam qualifying without his ielts. do i get point if i send after a month of filling my app ?
No. Send it with the application if you want to get points. If you are SURE you qualify without it and are worried about the cap, send now.

Sureluck

May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged : 03-10-2014 PER: 14-10-2014 recd via snail mail 19-11-2014
AOR Received.
Request for Addtl Docs : 16-01-2015 (POF explanation)
File Transfer...
2nd line : 20-02-15 (dated 17-02-15)
Med's Request
25-02-15
Med's Done....
03-06-15 (sent 04-06-2015)
Interview........
18-03-15 (RPRF 19-03-2015)
Passport Req..
09-06-15 PPR&3rdline (recd 10-06-15)
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015 (DM 18-06-15)
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
can2174 said:
If you are not in IT and finance.. You still have chance. It is always better to be proactive in case of immigration. My brother in law is in Canada and he said most people had their file ready the next day the program was announced. That's why you see lot of applications have reached on 1st may itself. But don't loose hope you still have chance
i am a finance person. as they say no harm in trying (only heartaches ☺)just kidding.anyway, i wish you luck and God bless us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.