+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKV4CANADA

Jul 24, 2013
Request for advise on the 'processing center'

I am currently in USA working on L1A visa and my family is in India. My family will not join me until March 2015.

So can I Apply for whole family by keeping processing center as New Delhi ? Or do I have to keep it in USA as I am in USA ? -
Also if I apply for New Delhi, can I do the medicals for myself in US and for family in India ? Or do I have to travel to India to get it done. Also finally if it goes good, do I have to send the passports to Delhi for stamping ?

Request for your advise

airan002

Jul 26, 2013
Hi,

I am giving answer to question 12 of Economic classes form as given below. Can somebody comment if this looks ok? Last year, my application turned down due to quota. But, this time I want to make sure everything in the application is ok. Here I have confusion, lookin for your help.

12 - Your Work Experience
A, Occupation: Software Programmer NOC 2174
B,
From To Occupation NOC Year of Experience Main Duties
2011-11 NA Sr. Programmer (Assistant Consultant ) 2174 2 year but less than 3 Code, Modify and unit test the software programs. Closely interact with client to gather requirements
2010-03 2011-10 Associate Lead 2174 1 year but less than 2 Write, Modify and unit test the software codes. Identify problem in the system. Analyze system requirements. Interact with user to collect requirements.
2009-01 2010-03 Mainframe Software Developer 2174 1 year but less than 2 Develop, Test and Maintain Mainframe Application. Document and implement Mainframe COBOL application. Collect requirement from customers.
2007-10 2009-02 Computer Programmer 2174 1 year but less than 2 Assist in designing, coding and unit testing of software application. Maintain documentation. Interact with client to collect requirements.
2006-05 2007-09 Software Engineer 2173 1 year but less than 2 Design, Code and test the Mainframe application. Determine requirements and coordinate. Prepare reports on Issues and provide solution.
2004-09 2006-05 Sr. Programmer (Software Engineer) 2174 1 year but less than 2 Develop, test and maintain mainframe application, involve in program specification and coding of new mainframe components, Coordinate with the onshore development teams.
2003-07 2004-08 Computer Programmer 2174 1 year but less than 2 Code, modify and unit test the software programs and data bases. Prepare the technical specifications of the user requirements. Coordinate within the team to deliver the solution.

I have reference letter mentioning roles on company's letter head from all employers. In the above roles anything within the bracket is Role (As mentioned in the letter head) and Outside is Designation. For E.G. Sr. Programmer (Assistant Consultant ) Sr. prorammer is the Role and Assistant Consultant is the Designation.
Please advice.

amirali.mithani

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
I am preparing my application for FSWP 2014. I have a completed my schooling, Bachelors and Masters Degree in India (Univ of Mumbai) and my last degree (second masters) if from US. I have the following question.

For ECA, do I need to get all my marksheets and degree certificates verified or just the last one (from USA)

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
11th Feb 2015. Medical Received: 19th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
amirali.mithani said:
I am preparing my application for FSWP 2014. I have a completed my schooling, Bachelors and Masters Degree in India (Univ of Mumbai) and my last degree (second masters) if from US. I have the following question.

For ECA, do I need to get all my marksheets and degree certificates verified or just the last one (from USA)

Please advise.

Thanks in advance
Whatever degree you need to verify. If you want points for Bachelors and Masters then you should give marksheets and degree certi for both.

airan002

Jul 26, 2013
Hi,

I am giving answer to question 12 of Economic classes form as given below. Can somebody comment if this looks ok? Last year, my application turned down due to quota. But, this time I want to make sure everything in the application is ok. Here I have confusion, lookin for your help.

12 - Your Work Experience
A, Occupation: Software Programmer NOC 2174
B,
From To Occupation NOC Year of Experience Main Duties
2011-11 NA Sr. Programmer (Assistant Consultant ) 2174 2 year but less than 3 Code, Modify and unit test the software programs. Closely interact with client to gather requirements
2010-03 2011-10 Associate Lead 2174 1 year but less than 2 Write, Modify and unit test the software codes. Identify problem in the system. Analyze system requirements. Interact with user to collect requirements.
2009-01 2010-03 Mainframe Software Developer 2174 1 year but less than 2 Develop, Test and Maintain Mainframe Application. Document and implement Mainframe COBOL application. Collect requirement from customers.
2007-10 2009-02 Computer Programmer 2174 1 year but less than 2 Assist in designing, coding and unit testing of software application. Maintain documentation. Interact with client to collect requirements.
2006-05 2007-09 Software Engineer 2173 1 year but less than 2 Design, Code and test the Mainframe application. Determine requirements and coordinate. Prepare reports on Issues and provide solution.
2004-09 2006-05 Sr. Programmer (Software Engineer) 2174 1 year but less than 2 Develop, test and maintain mainframe application, involve in program specification and coding of new mainframe components, Coordinate with the onshore development teams.
2003-07 2004-08 Computer Programmer 2174 1 year but less than 2 Code, modify and unit test the software programs and data bases. Prepare the technical specifications of the user requirements. Coordinate within the team to deliver the solution.

I have reference letter mentioning roles on company's letter head from all employers. In the above roles anything within the bracket is Role (As mentioned in the letter head) and Outside is Designation. For E.G. Sr. Programmer (Assistant Consultant ) Sr. programmer is the Role and Assistant Consultant is the Designation.

Also, Attaching the separate sheet with the Economic Schedule 3 form because all experiences are not coming in the form. Is it alright?
Please advice.

airan002

Jul 26, 2013
amirali.mithani said:

Please advise.

Thanks in advance
You need ECA for both

Waqii

Apr 25, 2014
Why there is no purchasing manager option in the list provided on cic website. And i have done masters in logistics and supply chain management. Am i eligible to apply for immigration???

hussam_k

Oct 29, 2013
Amman, Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
22-05-2016
For the experience letters, should I submit the originals or would a photocopies be sufficient?
The same goes for the birth certificate, is it needed to be original or just a photocopy?

For the photos, do I need a photo for all my family members including brothers and sisters?

ADI_2009

Jan 2, 2014
Hi

I have done B.Sc in Physics from regular approved university and then did Advance diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking from Jetking institute which is private institue and my whole work experince is for Computer Networking technician . So looking mismatch in my education (degree) and work experiance, Am i eligible for the NOC 2281 (Computer Network Technician).

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
ADI_2009 said:
Hi

I have done B.Sc in Physics from regular approved university and then did Advance diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking from Jetking institute which is private institue and my whole work experince is for Computer Networking technician . So looking mismatch in my education (degree) and work experiance, Am i eligible for the NOC 2281 (Computer Network Technician).
Lot of applicants will have education and professional exp mismatch. it is ok as long as your education qualification makes you eligible to award points and your professional work experience falls under NOC mentioned in the list.

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
hussam_k said:
For the experience letters, should I submit the originals or would a photocopies be sufficient?
The same goes for the birth certificate, is it needed to be original or just a photocopy?

For the photos, do I need a photo for all my family members including brothers and sisters?
If you want to give copies of your work exp then please notarize all the exp letters.
If birth certificate is in English then notarize that as well. If its in other language then translate the certificate into English and also attach translator's affidavit.
Photos require for your family only that is - wife and kids. you can not include bro, sis, father, mother in your application hence their photos not required.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
jig nesh said:
If you want to give copies of your work exp then please notarize all the exp letters.
If birth certificate is in English then notarize that as well. If its in other language then translate the certificate into English and also attach translator's affidavit.
Photos require for your family only that is - wife and kids. you can not include bro, sis, father, mother in your application hence their photos not required.
If any documents are not in English or French has translated and notarized.
Photo's for each member means you only have to send photo for those who are included as dependent i.e. wife and children.

rb1981

Jul 28, 2013
Hey Seniors,

Its good to see so many people coming and helping each other. I also have a query regarding FSW 2014. I have five years of work experience in the category 1123 and i am eligible from all other aspects. I am an international student in Canada since Aug, 2014 pursuing my PhD in a reputed university. I was interested to know whether i can apply for FSW in the same category i mentioned above. Will it impact my student status in any way. Although i will be eligible for PhD category in 2015 but i want to take my chances with this one.

Seniors and experts your help appreciated.

Thanks

Landed applicant

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi am new here,pls what proof of fund do we need,is it account statemnt from bank or reference letter from bank attesting I operate account with them.
Then secondly I have a banking experince should I apply under other financial officers cos I studied banking and finance. Thank u guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.