+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
gulbadan.singh said:
Hi Gaurav
thats nt a problem, if you go to TD Bank, they will convert your money to CADs.
That is OK. But will they let me in with FD in hand. I am asking this because FD will mature next year and issued by Indian bank PNB so cannot be converted while being in Canada.

gulbadan.singh

Aug 5, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 2281
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
[img]http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/Canada_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif[/img]
gaurav jaswal said:
That is OK. But will they let me in with FD in hand. I am asking this because FD will mature next year and issued by Indian bank PNB so cannot be converted while being in Canada.
Ops I thought you are talking about DD, no FD will not be entertained here, you need to close your FD and then can bring money either in Cash or DD.

You can also bring some now and then when you will open a account, then you can remit money from India, but you better sign your remit forms before coming here..

Prabh2132

Dec 24, 2013
Dear All,

I noticed somthing which is worrying me a bit, while checking mine and my wife's COPR today. Our names on COPR are written as the family names instead of given names. On PP as well as our initial application our names were written under the Given name. is this an issue to worry or its just a simple thing, anyone came across such thing.. pleae share ur views...

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
I do not think that should be an issue. One of my friends not in this forum had stayed in Australia for 1 month. He went there to validate his Aus PR. He is now in Newfoundland, Canada. He didn't face any issues.

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
gulbadan.singh said:
Ops I thought you are talking about DD, no FD will not be entertained here, you need to close your FD and then can bring money either in Cash or DD.

You can also bring some now and then when you will open a account, then you can remit money from India, but you better sign your remit forms before coming here..
How about statement of my bank account from which funds could be readily withdrawn and used? And do we have any any mandatory lower limit on the amount of money we should carry?

Handsomeleo

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
NEW DELHI
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/10/2014
Doc's Request.
07/10/2014
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APLLICATION FORM
File Transfer...
25/02/2015
Med's Request
16/04/2015
Med's Done....
27/04/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
AUG 2015
Congrats buddy!!..Just wanted to know what is G1 exam??

gulbadan.singh said:
Hey Guys
Now I am in Canada, so thought of sharing my Landing Experience with all you guys.

New Delhi: BA Counter, Staff was sweet and helpful but don't forget that the Cabin bag should be according to the guidelines only. After 1 hour of waiting we boarded our flight to London, mind you it was a long long flight but because of the excitement, we didn't feel much tiredness.

From London we boarded our flight to the Country of Dreams and were super excited. As we landed @ Toronto Airport, we went in the queue for new comers, they checked our landing papers and Officer asked us to go to Immigration Department.

At that counter, Officer asked us about our Landing papers and where we will be staying, and then told us to be seated and in the mean while he will prepare all the documents for PR. After 10 mins he called us and stamped our COPRs. The next thing he said was the best I could hear “Welcome to Canada, you are now the permanent Residents of Canada”

Then we went to the next counter, a lady provided us with SIN Forms and other important documents regarding Canada, and told us that we have to apply for SIN Card at Service Ontario office as the Counter is closed at this time, it was 10:30 PM.

Then we went to the luggage belt, took our luggage and then went to customs, officer asked us about our papers i.e. goods to carry and goods to follow, stamped them and gave us back one copy each.

That's it, this was all done in 10 mins and we completed all the formalities which were required.
Hired a cab and went straight to our hotel, where Indian food and a warm welcome was given to us, we felt very pleased and happy.

Next Day, went to Service Ontario office for SIN Registration, then on the very same day, went to TD bank as I compared Scotia n TB, but TD is better as TD also provide you with New Comer Credit Card, so you can start making your credit score right from first day.

Next Day, went to Service Ontario, for health Cards and Photo IDs, and also cleared my Written Exam for G1.

All you need is to be prepared with your plan and documents, rest everything is very very easy....

gulbadan.singh

Aug 5, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 2281
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
[img]http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/Canada_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif[/img]
gaurav jaswal said:
How about statement of my bank account from which funds could be readily withdrawn and used? And do we have any any mandatory lower limit on the amount of money we should carry?
You Can carry something around 10K per person, but if you dont want to carry that much then you should carry atleast your expenses for initial 3 months

gulbadan.singh

Aug 5, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 2281
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Handsomeleo said:
Congrats buddy!!..Just wanted to know what is G1 exam??
Hey bro

These are the levels which You have to undergo before getting a proper G driving License.
G1 is written test, in which they will ask you about canadian rules and signs
G2 is the road city test, after this you have to wait for 1 yr

to get G license, G is Highway road test

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
gulbadan.singh said:
Hey bro

These are the levels which You have to undergo before getting a proper G driving License.
G1 is written test, in which they will ask you about canadian rules and signs
G2 is the road city test, after this you have to wait for 1 yr

to get G license, G is Highway road test
Thanks Buddy for sharing useful info

We can start practicing for the test on http://www.g1.ca/g1-practice-test/

avk3884

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015; PP Sent - 20 - 03 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015; PP Received - 07-04-2015
gulbadan.singh said:
Hey Guys
Now I am in Canada, so thought of sharing my Landing Experience with all you guys.

New Delhi: BA Counter, Staff was sweet and helpful but don't forget that the Cabin bag should be according to the guidelines only. After 1 hour of waiting we boarded our flight to London, mind you it was a long long flight but because of the excitement, we didn't feel much tiredness.

From London we boarded our flight to the Country of Dreams and were super excited. As we landed @ Toronto Airport, we went in the queue for new comers, they checked our landing papers and Officer asked us to go to Immigration Department.

At that counter, Officer asked us about our Landing papers and where we will be staying, and then told us to be seated and in the mean while he will prepare all the documents for PR. After 10 mins he called us and stamped our COPRs. The next thing he said was the best I could hear “Welcome to Canada, you are now the permanent Residents of Canada”

Then we went to the next counter, a lady provided us with SIN Forms and other important documents regarding Canada, and told us that we have to apply for SIN Card at Service Ontario office as the Counter is closed at this time, it was 10:30 PM.

Then we went to the luggage belt, took our luggage and then went to customs, officer asked us about our papers i.e. goods to carry and goods to follow, stamped them and gave us back one copy each.

That's it, this was all done in 10 mins and we completed all the formalities which were required.
Hired a cab and went straight to our hotel, where Indian food and a warm welcome was given to us, we felt very pleased and happy.

Next Day, went to Service Ontario office for SIN Registration, then on the very same day, went to TD bank as I compared Scotia n TB, but TD is better as TD also provide you with New Comer Credit Card, so you can start making your credit score right from first day.

Next Day, went to Service Ontario, for health Cards and Photo IDs, and also cleared my Written Exam for G1.

All you need is to be prepared with your plan and documents, rest everything is very very easy....
Congrats Mate.

Just would like to know if it is OK to have accomodation for just 2 days in Canada and have return ticket after 2 days.

I will be travelling from India and have my friend collect PR card.

Do they check the return ticket and question on that during landing?

Thanks
vinodh

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
gulbadan.singh said:
You Can carry something around 10K per person, but if you dont want to carry that much then you should carry atleast your expenses for initial 3 months
Thanks for the info bro....
+1 to you

gulbadan.singh

Aug 5, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 2281
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
avk3884 said:
Congrats Mate.

Just would like to know if it is OK to have accomodation for just 2 days in Canada and have return ticket after 2 days.

I will be travelling from India and have my friend collect PR card.

Do they check the return ticket and question on that during landing?

Thanks
vinodh
Dont ever do that brother, If you say like this then they will not provide or process your PR>

toletik

Feb 3, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015 3rd line update 23rd March 2015 DD encashed on 3rd April.
Passport Req..
GOT ON 07-05-2015 SUBMITTED ON 11TH MAY 2015
kishcanada said:
Thx for your wishes :)
Don't scare me after the long and frustrating wait my friend :)

I want the probability be 100% for receiving MR/PCC and then the PR; as I have all the proof to submit whatever the scrutiny.

With the prayers and wishes of all the diamond hearted forumites and god bless, I know PR will happen sooner.

Best regards,
Kishcanada

Kishcanada, all the best with your process. Looking at your reply, I can see you will soon land in Canada.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
hello ,

My application started processing on 10 jan while I received per on 16 july.
I haven't got ppr yet Iam wondering if there is any max time.limit ?
Since PCC is valid for 6 months n its well above six months now , can
they reject app stating pcc invalid?

Status
Not open for further replies.