+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
The myth of “no Canadian experience”

Of all the "elephant in the room" stories (or myths) immigrants to Canada face, there is one that has been persistently used to signal some type of failure on the immigrants' part: lack of Canadian experience.

The reality is that all immigrants (to any country, not just Canada) lack experience from their new home; after all, they have never lived there before! While the phrase "lack of Canadian experience" can be interpreted in this literal fashion, it is often a euphemism used by some employers, co-workers and even service providers to hide what they know they can't or shouldn't say. It can even be a form of discrimination, bullying or harassment.

For my last article in this series, I will talk about what exactly is "lack of Canadian experience," how this impacts immigrants looking for jobs and what you can do about it.

What is Canadian experience?

Canadian experience is defined differently by different people. Contrary to what many think (i.e., that it refers to "work experience") all views seem to point to this definition: Canadian experience is the ability to understand the Canadian workplace culture and adapt to it by behaving according to Canadian workplace expectation (often also called "soft skills").

It includes many sub-categories such as being aware of: local industry trends, who is who in your occupational sector, the type of services and goods, the local market, Canadian legislation, technologies and occupational jargon.

Those who acquire these soft skills seem to get that elusive "Canadian experience" quickly, while those who don't may spend years and still struggle to "fit in." While many of these newcomers turn to work in survival jobs to get Canadian experience, they are really only getting work experience. Working as a security guard, cashier in a department store or a kitchen helper will not provide you with the "Canadian experience" you really need. These jobs may widen the gap between your last professional job and what you are looking for. And the wider the gap, the more difficult it will be for you to move from "survival" to "professional."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/The-myth-of-no-Canadian-experience/articleshow/40648277.cms

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Telecom_ga said:
Hello every1

I need urgent advice.I received my PER on 16 Nov and waiting for my MR/PCC and RPRF request.
I thought of initiating my PCC process as i am on leave from my work.I took an appointment and the RPO office denied me of issuing PCC as the existing add in the passport does not match with the current address.They told me to get the address change in my passport then only they can issue me the PCC.Changes in the address will be a new process and then the passport no will also change...Pls advice what should I do,.......
Change the address as an OBSERVATION in the passport , in this case, they will not issue fresh booklet (so ur PP number will be same) , they will write an observation that ur new address is ....

then apply for PCC

:)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel22 said:
Seasson greetings everyone, we did not mention our US visa refusal (visitor visa) only our refusal to canada ( visitor) what should we do?? Can this cause in problems ?? Plz advise.
Yes, US and Canada share information relevant to visas and immigration.

insanbakulaw

Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02JUN2014
Nomination.....
PER:24SEP2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11NOV2014
Med's Done....
04DEC2014 (Medical Results Received, 3rd Line)
Passport Req..
23DEC2014(PP Received by VO-08JAN2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 22JAN2015, PP sent by VO: 29JAN2015
LANDED..........
Oct 30, 2015
Hello mate,

at which stage of the process you are in right now? if you had sent your application then you have to wait for your PER the update them later of the changes with your application and make the additional fee, they (local vo) will send you instructions. UCI is different for each individual but application number is all the same per family unit, thus, leave your wife's UCI blank.

Hope this helps.

zulfin said:
I am a silent follower of this great group. and I have few concerns related to adding spouse and wants to seek your advice
1- How can i pay processing fee CAD 550 for spouse addition ?
2- What should be dependents (spouse) UCI number in updated generic application form? Blank or principal applicant's ?

Thanks in advance :)

vingupta.ca

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014, Returned on 09-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Resubmitted on 17-11-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
FIYAZALI said:
Do u mean to say that, u got file returned in just 10 days, when did CIC actually send your pack from CANADA.
yes Fiyazali, I got it on Nov 8, CIC dispatched it on 29 Oct. I was in regular touch of my postman thts the main reason I got my file back so early.

sammanne

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
hyderabad,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with pplication
File Transfer...
06-03-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 2016
thanks for the reply and +1 to u

so flower

Jul 21, 2014
[flash=200,200]http://[flash=200,200]Dear friends,

Please help[/font
My application was delivered on 30th July, but my CC has not been charged yet Sad
This is while even applicants who sent their applications after me have been charged and many of them have received their PER.
Also, I have not received any updates or emails from CIO informing me of approval or rejection of my application.Is there any body who has the same experience or does anybody have any information about this issue?

I am almost sure that my application met all eligibility criteria as my colleagues with whom I completed the application under the same NOC and at the same time have received their PER.
Could this be because I used a friend's Credit Card details in the fee payment form?
what are the reasons for not charging a Credit card 130 days after the application is received?

your soonest reply would be appreciated.[/flash][/flash]

manishkapoor

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Sept-2014
AOR Received.
22 Sept 2014
Med's Request
22-Sept-2014
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
HI Folks!!

Finally I got my PPR Mail day before yesterday
I am 3142 , 8th May Applicant From NDVO

I would like to know from all the fellow members

> Is it mandatory to send the Passport through VFS or I can send my passport through any Courrier Service ?
Since I Stay in Delhi I can Also and deliver it Myself.

I am concerned If I send it Via any courier Service or may Be I deliver it Myself .. how will they send my passport back to me .Who will bear the cost of sending it Back to my address .

I shall be updating My Timelines in The SS shortly

Thanks Guys for all the support .
Cheers!!

thehope

Star Member
May 23, 2013
canadamylove said:
its 26 dec today already.....when u gona send ur file? after 31 dec they wont gona accept any app under fswp 2014.
@elaish,
what's your NOC?
if you complete the required paper send the fill back you still have 5 days which is enough to send your file back to CIC. in my opinion all depend on the NOC cap

so please specify which NOC

ABCD EFGH

Mar 3, 2012
vingupta.ca said:
yes Fiyazali, I got it on Nov 8, CIC dispatched it on 29 Oct. I was in regular touch of my postman thts the main reason I got my file back so early.

Sorry Bro. I did not follow . When was your application received at CIO originally?

thehope

Star Member
May 23, 2013
vingupta.ca said:
@vingupta.ca
Did they notify you by email when they send the file back to you ? or you they send it rightawy?!

so flower

Jul 21, 2014
My application was delivered on 30th July, but my CC has not been charged yet Sad
This is while even applicants who sent their applications after me have been charged and many of them have received their PER.
Also, I have not received any updates or emails from CIO informing me of approval or rejection of my application.Is there any body who has the same experience or does anybody have any information about this issue?

I am almost sure that my application met all eligibility criteria as my colleagues with whom I completed the application under the same NOC and at the same time have received their PER.
Could this be because I used a friend's Credit Card details in the fee payment form?
what are the reasons for not charging a Credit card 130 days after the application is received?

your soonest reply would be appreciated.

ABCD EFGH

Mar 3, 2012
so flower said:

your soonest reply would be appreciated.

Why don't you call them ? Why didn't you send an email a while ago ? Have you taken these steps ?

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
ABCD EFGH said:
Why don't you call them ? Why didn't you send an email a while ago ? Have you taken these steps ?
I advise u to call them soon, rather then email as response time is 50 days.
Call them on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.