+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

whaledy

Jun 26, 2015
I need help want to apply for graduate visa for 2 of my sister in Canada. Master Degree in Public Health but don't get the wright link. Can someone put me through

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
Hello guys. Any idea if Wes evaluates AAT/ATS. I have been having conflicting opinions about this.
Some have reported that WES evaluates it to a one year diploma enabling them to have 2 or more certificates. But ACA on the other hand has never had a reported positive evaluation

Reactions: MKhubby

JustyEmems

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
:p.DeeBruv ,see below.Hope you are satisfied. I believe this forum has professionals on it. I'm one. I don't talk carelessly. Be more kind with your comments next time.

EVALUATION -
Date: October 11, 2014
Ref#: 2428710

Diploma (three years) and postgraduate certificate (one year)

Note: 1.The National Diploma indicates the name as XXX 2.The Higher National Diploma indicates the Name as XXX.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 Credential Authentication:Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential:National Diploma
Year:1998
Awarded by:Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
Institution Status:Recognized
Admission requirements:School Certificate
Length of program:Two years
Major/Specialization:Financial Studies
Canadian Equivalency:Diploma (two years)

2 Credential Authentication:Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential:Higher National Diploma
Year:2000
Awarded by:Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
Institution Status:Recognized
Admission requirements:National Diploma
Length of program:Two years
Major/Specialization:Accountancy
Canadian Equivalency:Diploma (three years) and postgraduate certificate (one year)
Remarks:The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see # 1, above).

Need to order an additional copy, go to http://www.wes.org/ca/apply/xcopy.asp.

WES EVALUATION TERMS

Evaluation Scope: World Education Services (WES) evaluates only formal educational credentials issued by duly recognized educational institutions. WES does not evaluate professional experience. WES evaluations are based upon the best information and resources available to professional evaluators. WES evaluations are offered as non-binding advisory opinions.

Credential Authentication: Evaluations prepared by WES specify the manner in which each document was authenticated. WES authenticates academic records by one of the following methods. The method used depends on what is appropriate for the specific country and level of education.

by requiring that official transcripts be sent to WES directly by the institutions or examination bodies that issued them;
OR
by requiring that official transcripts be authenticated by the relevant government authority (e.g. Ministry of Education) before being sent directly to WES;
OR
by verifying documents submitted by individuals by sending them back to the institutions/examination bodies that issued them and obtaining a written confirmation of their authenticity.
Detailed country-by-country document requirements can be viewed at www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp

Grades/ Quality Points: WES uses an alphabetic system to identify grades. The standard WES conversion of letter grades into a numerical scale/quality points is as follows: A = 4.00; A-=3.67; B+ = 3.33; B = 3.00; B- = 2.67; C+ = 2.33; C = 2.00; C- = 1.67; D+ = 1.33; D = 1.00; F = 0; F* = (see below)

“F*” indicates a course that was failed initially, but passed on a subsequent attempt. It is not included in the GPA calculation.
“Pass”is not included in the Cumulative Grade Point Average. For study completed at the undergraduate level, it corresponds to at least a “C” in Canada. For graduate and professional study, “Pass” corresponds to at least a “B”.
Grade Point Average (GPA) is calculated by multiplying the credits per course by the quality points for the grade for that course, repeating this procedure for each course, totaling the credit hour quality points thus obtained, and dividing by the total number of credits.

Course Level Designation: The designation “U” (upper) or “L” (lower) against a course at the undergraduate level is an indication of its level.

Credit Recognition and Transfer: The course-by-course analysis represents a breakdown of post-secondary study in terms of Canadian semester credits and grade equivalents. One semester credit is equal to one lecture hour each week of the semester. The number of credits accepted for transfer to a degree program or towards a professional license in Canada may vary from those listed in this report in accordance with the policies of the receiving educational institution or licensing body.

Evaluations for Professional Licensing/Certification:WES does not assess professional aptitude or experience. Only authorities qualified in the profession can determine whether an individual meets requirements for licensing or to practice the profession in Canada.
Hi seniors, Does this suffice to say that OND and HND is equivalent to 2 or more diplomas?? Kindly respond pls

Nelsobaba

Sep 22, 2019
Good Morning, please I need some clarity on the IELTS score, my wife is the PA and she had a 7.5 band score, while I had a 6.5 band score. What are our chances of getting into the pool?

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
As long as she has not less than Band 6 in all the modules and ECA is ready, you can create a profile but the CRS will be low. You can retake the exam and aim for a CLB 10 which translates to 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 or CLB9 8,7,7,7 in Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing, respectively.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Hi..
I need counsel.
My WES report just came out. And I don't seem to understand the report. I studied Law in Nigeria. Below is my assessment.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

My LLB was assessed as...
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

While my Law school was assessed as
Canadian Equivalency : Postgraduate diploma (1 year).

Can I claim points of a professional? Please your counsel is needed

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
Hi..
I need counsel.
My WES report just came out. And I don't seem to understand the report. I studied Law in Nigeria. Below is my assessment.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

My LLB was assessed as...
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

While my Law school was assessed as
Canadian Equivalency : Postgraduate diploma (1 year).

Can I claim points of a professional? Please your counsel is needed
No. You can only claim points for 2 or more degrees

Reactions: Niyiid

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
No. You can only claim points for 2 or more degrees
Thank you. I just entered the pool and my point is 466 because WES didnt give me my desired assessment. My hope is high

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Try re-evaluating using IQAS, heard they’ll evaluate your LLB as a masters degree
Thank you for your advise. i will explore that option too. For the people who have assessed their credentials using IQAS, do i need to submit my Law school transcript and certificate too apart from my university LLB?

gloryc60

Mar 11, 2020
Thank you for your advise. i will explore that option too. For the people who have assessed their credentials using IQAS, do i need to submit my Law school transcript and certificate too apart from my university LLB?
No you dont. Also, how long did you study your law program for, 4 or 5 years?