Doc's Request.
sent all requested document
Nomination.....
11/03/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting
Please I have someone on the EE application and her ielts has expired is there a way she can update her new ielts to replace her old expired one.

Ebe

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Ibadan
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
sent all requested document
Nomination.....
11/03/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting
Can anyone with a knowledge of EE application help please ?
Ebe said:
Please I have someone on the EE application and her ielts has expired is there a way she can update her new ielts to replace her old expired one.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ebe said:
Can anyone with a knowledge of EE application help please ?

The person will have to write another one. Usually, the person's points will drop and will score zero under language which is likely going to render his or her online Express Entry status ineligible. He can start all over again after obtaining the expected language scores. If they are yet to close the person's online application and he or she has the new IELTS result, it can be quickly updated. Usually, within a day or days, it will become ineligible if the result has expired.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
A lot of people on the Express Entry stream have been asking me what the chances are to get a job offer and boost their application. What you need to realise is that a potential employer needs to obtain a LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessmen) becaue of you. No company will go through the LMIA process unless they're hiring you for a senior management position.

Now to move forward in getting an LMIA, it would require them to advertise the job for at least a month to prove that no Canadian could be found for the role and for this reason they are more likely to hire a Canadian or someone who is already on ground with PR or other form of leave to remain. Any employer willing to press on would have to file the LMIA application and probably wait four months for it to be processed. Considering application and advertising fees, it will likely cost them a couple of thousand dollars to go through the process. Even if they were willing to go through the process, the application would almost surely be refused since they won't be able to prove that a Canadian or a PR holder already on ground couldn't be hired for the role.

So hope this clarifies the postion and highlights the need to pursue Provincial Nomination instead. I wish you all the best in your endeavours :)
With due respect PH, this position has changed considerably in the past few weeks. You can now get as much as 200points for certain kinds of job offers, which do no require an lmia. Also I think lmia supported jobs are now worth only 200 points. Toludee can help explain better and with CIC links.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iphie28 said:
With due respect PH, this position has changed considerably in the past few weeks. You can now get as much as 200points for certain kinds of job offers, which do no require an lmia. Also I think lmia supported jobs are now worth only 200 points. Toludee can help explain better and with CIC links.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

New Comprehensive Ranking System for Express Entry

November 10, 2016

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has revamped the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for its Express Entry immigration selection system. The changes, which had been expected for some time, will have a major effect on candidates for immigration to Canada through the three federal programs managed through Express Entry, namely the Federal Skilled Worker Class, the Federal Skilled Trades Class, and the Canadian Experience Class.

The new instructions on Express Entry, which were published in the government of Canada’s official Gazette, come into force on November 19, 2016.

The significant changes to job offers are:

A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in a Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification (senior managerial level position). These occupations are:
0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services not elsewhere classified.
0016 Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities
A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, candidates with qualifying job offers will be awarded either 200 or 50 points, depending on the position. Moreover, certain work permit holders may be awarded points for their job offer even if they have not obtained a LMIA (note: LMIA holders will also continue to be awarded points for a job offer).

In addition to LMIA holders, the new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:

Individuals with a work permit issued under an international agreement, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Individuals with a work permit issued under the ‘significant benefits to Canada’ criteria, such as Intra-Company Transfers.

In both above cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit. A full list may be reviewed in the table below.

Workers currently in Canada: Is your work permit acceptable for Express Entry?

The table below shows which foreign workers in Canada may be able to obtain points for a job offer without the need to obtain a LMIA.

Yes

No
NAFTA

Post-Graduation Work Permits
Intra-Company Transfer

International Experience Canada (IEC)
Labour Market Impact Assessment-based Work Permits

Work Permits issued to Spouses/Common-Law Partners of foreign workers and international students in Canada
Canada-Provincial/Territorial issued Work Permits

All other Open Work Permits
Other Work Permits issued under the significant benefit to Canada initiative

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
iphie28 said:
Hi iphie28, but the position still stands as you will hardly find any employer willing to advance a job offer to a person who is not on ground. I'm speaking from an informed point of view since I'm currently involved in hiring processes. To get in-country candidates to fill vacant roles is difficult as my organization prefers internal candidates already in the firm as opposed to outside applicants talkless of someone who is not in the country?

What changed per EE is the points systems for job offers, it does not mean that employers here will rush to employ candidates from outside Canada or give out offers. Don't forget also, that the policy change affects senior management positions more, a segment which I highlighted in my previous post. You may wish to read it again :)

See also this portion from the policy guideline posted by Gentle Andrew which highlights an advantage for those with work permit;

In both above cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit. A full list may be reviewed in the table below.

So the change really only favors those already in Canada.

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
My people. Let's take the campaign of delay to twitter. Someone will read and answer us..
See my tweet today.

@HonJohnMcCallum Sir, some #fsw2014 application with @CanHCGhana are suffering in silence. 2years in waiting and no communication.pls help

You can even put the prime minister in copy.

jethrokay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Interview........
NOT DONE
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
BabyBal said:
Hello House:

I am still begging our seniors to end my punishment of kneeling down and raising my hands for “sneaking” into MapleVille… Abeg make una follow me beg them make I stand up – hopefully our story will garner sufficient support for them to have mercy on a sister :D

I shall start this story from the day we received our visas and COPRs, as my thinking is that some of the steps we took and choices we made would benefit others who are still in the “planning to depart” phase. We received our documents on 24 Mar 2016, the day before Good Friday. That same night, we purchased our one-way tickets on the Ethiopian Airlines website, with departure scheduled for 13 Jul 2016 – countdown mode was officially activated and we had 111 days to go. From this point I shall refer to our departure date as “D”, and all other dates in reference to that date.

• D – 111 days: purchased one-way airline tickets for family of 4. We chose ET because they had the cheapest flights of the Star Alliance group so we could earn points, and also because we figured being one of the first flights arriving in Toronto Pearson in the morning could not hurt – arrival time was scheduled for 8:30am

• D – 109 days: started seriously researching Toronto neighborhoods to determine the areas we would be checking out once we arrive. We used torontoneighbourhoods.net, walkscore.com, blogto.com/neighbourhoods/, and a number of other resources to get detailed information about the various neighborhoods; padmapper.com to get a sense of rental rates; and compareschoolrankings.org to get a sense of the quality of schools associated with the respective neighbourhoods. I need to add here that we had taken part in CIIP general and MAP sessions in February, so some of the information we worked off of were obtained from those sessions, e.g. you may have noticed that we had already narrowed down to the city of Toronto, as we had decided we will not be owning a vehicle for the first year at least, so convenient walking access to public transit, grocery shopping, banking services, school, etc was extremely important.

• D – 102 days: started compiling an inventory of all the items in the house, and assigning them one of four labels: keep and take along with us to Canada, keep in Lagos to take along with / have sent to us at a later date, sell, donate. Then we tidied up the sell list, assigned prices to each item based on (i) how much we spent to acquire, (ii) how long we had owned them, and (iii) the current condition of the item. When we completed this exercise, we shared our list with our friends and family, some of who in turn shared with their friends and family. The first version of this list was sent out on D – 75 days. We also indicated in the list when each item would be available for pickup, with the latest date being on D – 13 days to allow for any last minute folks. As items were purchased, we would revise the list and share again. We also listed some items on OLX, but the majority were sold to / through family and friends.

• D – 75 days: checked with all registrars and financial institutions about any paperwork that needed to be sorted out, so they don’t send information requesting for one form that has to be filled and submitted in original hard copy after we have left town.

• D – 60 days: requested for letters of no claim /policy subscription confirmation from auto insurance policy providers we had used for the last 3 years; I had read on the forum and other sources that it could help lower our auto insurance premium whenever we decide to get a car. General as we prepared was “it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.” These are free, so definitely didn’t hurt to have them.

• D – 40 days: finalized our shortlist of neighborhoods to check out once we arrive, and also started researching short-term stay options. We considered renting a short-let for a week or two, but a high school friend insisted that we arrive at hers; thankfully we accepted her invitation, as that not only saved us money, but she and her family provided invaluable support in those first few days. We can never repay them, so we have to make sure we pay it forward.

• D – 35 days: requested for medical case file summary reports from all the medical institutions (including dentists, optometrists, etc) we had been to in Lagos. This is free from most institutions, but a few would request a “processing fee”. For some a request over the phone was sufficient, for most a form needed to be filled, for almost all of them, some follow-up reminders were required. This also included the kids' up-to-date vaccination reports.

• D – 30 days: secured 90-day travel insurance from Axa Mansard to cover our trip, as well as the 90-day waiting period before our Ontario provincial health insurance takes effect. We also applied for international driver licenses, which we received in about a week - for this we needed the photocopy of our 9ja driver license and a passport photograph.

• D – 25 days: formally informed the kids’ school that we would not be returning next session. :D

• D – 14 days: obtained bank statements documenting POF, and finalized our post-arrival budgets

• D – 5 days: sent CAD to ourselves via MoneyGram in Diamond Bank; limit was N250k per person including transfer fees and VAT. We had to get to the branch before 7:30am so we could get 2 of the 2 / 3 forms that were given out that morning.

• D – 3/4 days: the last of the items that had been sold were picked up by their new owners. Thankfully we were able to raise over 75% of the funds we expected to get from our virtual yard sale. Some of the items that were not bought were thrown in as jara for those who bought stuff.

• D – 2 days: we freighted 194kg of personal effects and food items, including the oils: palm oil and coconut oil via Air France / KLM cargo. Our selection was based on whether an item would be cheaper to freight or replace after we arrive. We used walmart.ca, ikea.ca, and amazon.ca to get ideas of replacement costs at this end. In the evening, the charity organization came to pick up the items we had marked for donation; they have a monthly charity sale, so we figured they could sell them and raise some funds for their activities.

• D day: left home for the airport that morning with our 8 pieces of luggage for checking in, and 9 pieces for carry-on; major thanks to a friend who availed us of her space bus. We had tried to pack each suitcase at exactly 23kg, but we knew some were a few points above. We had no drama checking in, as we had no “non grata” food items in tow, no issues with either checked or carry-on luggage, the flight departed Lagos on time, the ET hostesses were cooperative, and the people that sat next to us were equally understanding, with our many toilet trips with the kids. I had packed their favorite snacks in case they didn't care for the airplane food - which our son didn't, and a number of activities and toys to keep them occupied when they got tired of watching the movies. They generally behaved well, and both slept for most of the Addis - Dublin leg of the flight. Only thing we missed was moisturiser - the cabin air was very dry, and our son's skin on his legs were cracked and hurting by the time we arrived Toronto, and both kids had cracked lips.

• D + 1 day: we arrived Toronto a few minutes ahead of schedule, at 8:28am. We were done with immigration, Service Canada, and customs in about 45mins - we met zero people waiting at each point. At immigration we were asked to confirm how much cash we had in our possession; we did not have up to C$10k, so that was the end of that conversation – no POF was requested. I was also asked about what occupation I applied under and where I had worked just before arriving the country. They then informed us that we should expect our PR cards in the mail in 2 – 3 months. At Service Canada, we were given our SIN information on printouts that we were advised to guard jealously, and we were informed that they no longer issue SIN cards, so that was the last documentation we would receive from them. At customs, we presented our inventory of goods accompanying and goods to follow, which included pictures of all jewelry without any prices/value indicated. We were done in about 30 minutes as there were no queues at each of these points. We got a porter to help with a large cart and our luggage for C$20 (or was it 25? :) ). Our friend had rented a van on our behalf, which she drove to pick us up - we only had to wait for her for about 10mins. Our air freight had arrived the day before, so we drove straight to the cargo section to pick those up; we paid a little less than C$100 for handling charges, and we were sent on our way in less than 30 minutes. We got to our friends’ house about noon, had a sumptuous lunch, gisted with them small, and then we all slept for over 12hrs! We did not change any currency at the airport as we checked online and saw we could get better rates with the banks: Travelex was quoting C$1.15/US$, while online information was telling us we could get C$1.30/US$; turned out that the online information had advised us correctly.

• D + 2 days: we went to the nearest Canada Post to receive our MoneyGram checks, then our friend took us to the nearest shopping center to get our phone lines: I got Wind Mobile and husby got ChatR so we can compare and decide after the first month which is better. Only documentation required for this was our passports, and we each got the C$40 plans. My Wind plan came with 5GB full speed data, while his ChatR came with 1GB full speed data. Wind Mobile also came with a C$5/month rebate for using my own handset, which will go on for 18 months, and I can use for things like international phone calls (about 90mins to 9ja) or lose it at the end of each month. ChatR came with a free sim for pre-authorising monthly payments on a credit / debit card; Wind Mobile sim cost C$25. Both are ok so far, and work very well where we were and where we are now, although husby has since exhausted his 1GB so his data speed is now rather slow - now that we have home internet, his 1GB high speed internet should be sufficient going forward. For more details about both, check out chatrwireless.com/ and windmobile.ca/. We then went to BMO to set up our bank accounts: documentation required were our passports and COPRs. We then took the train to check out the number one neighbourhood on our list to get a feel for the place. We weren’t feeling the area – not that it was bad, just didn’t fit our vibe. Upon returning to our friend’s area – Oshawa – we had a medical emergency with one of the kids and had to head straight to ER; the bill was almost equal to what we paid in insurance for the four of us – good thing we got it. The lady that registered us said “Welcome to Canada” after we were done, and added that she wished she it wasn’t “under such circumstances.” Thankfully it turned out to be an acute situation that very quickly resolved, and we were able to head home by midnight.

• D + 3 days: I stayed home with the kids while husby went out to check the remaining neighborhoods on our list; by the time he returned, we had narrowed down to one neighborhood, where we would now go apartment-hunting in.

• D + 5 days: we set out first thing in the morning, with a shortlist of apartments we had seen on padmapper.com in hand, to begin our apartment search. We were told at the first apartment we went to that the earliest availability is 1 Sep! We checked the others on the list and were told there were no immediate availabilities either. So, we started walking along the street and calling the numbers when we saw availability signs. Just as we were about to call it a day, we found a place that we didn’t only like, but was also immediately available. Also, they had reduced the rent from what we had seen on padmapper.com because it had been vacant for over 2 months. The requirements were that we fill an application form, provide a security deposit, copies of our passports, and bank statements showing proof of funds since we do not have any credit history. For the security deposit we quickly went to our bank to get a check and submitted to them along with all other requested documents. We returned to our friends’ happy that we had likely found a home. We also paid in our Moneygram checks at the bank, and we were informed a hold would be placed on any check deposits, until we establish credibility with them - it was a 7-day hold for these checks. No holds would be placed on cash deposits or incoming wire transfers. Also, the no-fee waivers for newcomers does not include wire transfer fees for the BMO newcomer accounts, so you may want to confirm with your bank.

• D + 6 days: husby went out for a meeting at Acces Employment, and to also confirm whether our rental application had been approved, and finalise paperwork if so. I was glad to receive his call about noon that our application had not only been improved for a 12-month lease, but that we would be allowed to move in rent-free until the 1st of August when our lease would start; we only had to submit a check covering the last month of the lease, but the check for the first month of August would only be due on the 1st of August.

• D + 7 days: we rented a U-Haul truck using husby’s international driver license and GT mastercard, then headed to Costco and Walmart where we bought some household basics, the largest of which were our mattresses from Costco. The Costco shopping was done with our friends’ Costco card. We returned to our friends’ with the truck, added our items to our shopping already in the truck, and our friends added some cooked items to see us through our first few days: jollof rice, beans & corn, cake, okro soup, and grilled chicken. They also gave us a crate of eggs, toothpaste, body wash, hand wash, hand lotion, and some canned drinks. Can’t even begin to thank them enough; we just finished the last of the cooked items that they sent us off with. Husby drove the truck, while the kids and I chilled for a bit and then took the train.

• D + 8 days: we signed up for rental insurance with Square One Insurance, application and approval was done online; for C$50,000 cover, we are paying C$37.50/month, and they took payment for the first two months upfront, with the next payment due at the beginning of the 3rd month. Information required was our address and credit / debit card information. We also applied for our Mastercard credit cards; our applications have since been approved with 50% of our limit secured by cash which has been placed on hold.

• D + 9 days: we registered at the library, and the kids attended the first of what has become a series of library programs. Documents required for registration were our lease agreement, passports, and the kids' birth certificates.

• D + 11 days: as we were discussing and finalizing our furniture budget before heading out to shop, we received a knock on the door and were informed that an elderly neighbor was moving out to an assisted living facility, and had items we may be interested in – turns out that what was available included almost every item we had planned to buy, from dining set to couch to dresser with mirror, so in less than 2hrs and for less than C$1k, our apartment went from being empty to becoming nearly fully furnished with very high quality antique furniture and electronics! Same day we were connected to home internet - we went with Rogers, and we are getting 125GB per month for about C$50/month - husby has the exact figures. Entire transaction was secured online and over the phone, and only information they required, in addition to address and credit / debit card was SIN - the only institution that has required for our SIN since we arrived; others have requested, but it has been optional to provide. The account was setup two days before the connection was made.

• D + 15 days: we visited ServiceOntario to apply for our Ontario health cards, which will take effect 3 months from the date we arrived; we should receive them in the mail on or about that date. Documents required were our COPRs, passports, and lease agreement.

Whew! It has been a very busy 2+ months, and we are very grateful for all the favour that has come our way. The Canadians we have met so far are very decent and too willing to lend a hand. We have ordered bed frames from ikea.ca, and we now order the bulk of our grocery and household shopping from walmart.ca; home delivery is free for once order is C$50 or more. We are now trying to kit up for winter before the last sales of those items end. I have been made to understand that the best sales occur in the middle of the season, so now is the time to shop ahead for next summer, while boxing day to new year’s is the best time to shop for winter sturves, so for now we are focusing on the basics. I will go for my driver license knowledge test before the end of the month – my international driver license is good for 60 days - and then schedule my G road test immediately after; husby was able to simply swap his US driver license straight to an Ontario G license and paid less than C$90 for that process. Everything that matters to us is within a reasonable walking distance, and we are about a 5min walk away from the subway / train station. Our son's school is currently closed for summer, so we will register once they re-open at the end of the month (every address has a school assigned to it, and in Toronto, you can find your school once you have a lease agreement signed by entering the address here: tdsb.on.ca/Findyour/School/Byaddress.aspx

We feel like we are about 90% settled, and the remaining 10% will be sorted once salary inflows are secured. A number of connections were made before we arrived via introductions by friends and acquaintances, as well as LinkedIn. There have been a number of meetings with those connections that have been quite positive, and we also intend to take advantage of Acces Employment’s bridging programs for people in financial services and leadership positions should nothing happen before the end of this month. We have already attended a professional networking event for Africans in Toronto, and we are on the lookout for anything else that will connect us to more people who may have access to what we are looking for.

I know this has been an epistle, but I hope it has provided some useful tips for those who are making plans as our preparation has significantly paid off! I must thank all the members of this forum, especially our able seniors who provided a lot of the resources and guidance we used in preparing ourselves for this adventure. For all those awaiting one update or the other, it shall all end in praise... Canada needs us about as much as we need them, so they have no reason to "pick on" anyone of us. They do cherish transparency and honesty, so let those be our guiding philosophies in anything that we do.

So, seniors, I fit stand up from kneeling now? :D

* Apologies for any typos – the story take style long ni…
@Babybal, You really tried with this, It is very close to our story too. Thanks

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations Ebube and thank God for journey mercies. Belated welcome, but better late than never :D

Ebube said:
Hi all, It has been a while.

We landed Toronto Pearson airport on Sept 1st. We flew BA to Heathrow, London on the 31st August and then Air Canada from Heathrow to Toronto Pearson airport on the 1st.
The flights were smooth and the landing formalities as described by several people, very straightforward. We got our SINs immediately and was told to expect our PR cards in about 6 weeks.

We are gradually settling down and I wish all those awaiting updates speedy processing.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
You're most welcome bebisco, and thank you very much
bebisco said:
Very detailed. Tnx BabyBal. Congratulations again.

Congratulations adaghogho and thank God for journey mercies.
adaghogho said:
Landed Calgary via Toronto safely last week.
I must commend the Immigration and Customs at Abuja. Courteous and acted professionally. No hassling..
Pathetic that we had to land in Accra for fuelling before departing for Dubai.. this reduced the transit time significantly that we had to rush in order to catch up our connecting flight. Thank God I already got my boarding pass in Abuja for the 3legged journey.
Unfortunately, we missed our flight from Toronto to Calgary due to delay in Dubai.
The landing process was smooth and swift.. within 30minutes we were done. No POF asked. Got our SIN number at Toronto.

Health card done already,, Bank account opened and active, registration with the Calgary immigration services done..

Job hunting and accommodation mode activated. Networking as much as possible with optimistic and positively minded persons.

There is indeed ALWAYS a better way with God

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations seunmsl7 & Christamario and thank God for journey mercies!

seunmsl7 said:
Hi, It has been a while.

We landed at Calgary airport on Sept 9th. We flew BA to Heathrow, London on the 8th sept had 13 hrs stopover entered town for like 5 hours as we all have valid uk visa
The flight was smooth and the landing formalities as described by several people, very straightforward. We could do our SIN registration as they have closed and was told to expect our PR cards in about 6 weeks. so far SIN registration done, bank accounts set up and running, secured an apartment already should move in b4 weekend, will be going to new comers center 2morrow

We are gradually settling down and I wish all those awaiting updates speedy processing. In Jesus mighty name
Christamario said:
Greetings to everyone it has been a long while and a very long time coming from when we received our visas in February whereas the expiry for our visas was 1st October. We decided we needed to take our time to plan and wrap things up before we left Nigeria so we purchased our tickets for August 30th giving us 6 months to put plans A,B,and up to Z in place very well before arriving Canada. Luckily we got a premium economy class ticket at a very good rate and I was glad we did cos the services we got was wonderful. We spent the last three days in Nigeria seeking God's face and favour at the MFM camp and from there we moved to the airport. We had a slight excess luggage issue which we paid for.

We flew Lufthansa to Frankfurt on the 30th of August and had a 7 hours hrs layover with an additional 45 minutes delay due to a security scare at the Frankfurt airport. By the time we started boarding Frankfurt to Montreal, I discovered that Lufthansa had separated me and my husband giving us different seats, as I was about complaining, I looked at the boarding pass again, lo and behold we had been upgraded to Business Class, it was a very beautiful surprise and a blessing in disguise. The 10 hours flight from Frankfurt to Montreal was superb, We landed Montreal but we experienced delays going through CBSA and doing our landing procedures and unfortunately we missed our connecting flight to Winnipeg and there was no other flight that night. Lufthansa had to rebook another flight for us for free the next day and took care of our hotel accommodation. We landed Winnipeg on the 1st of September very tired but happy, we got our SIN and Health Card same day and went straight to our temporary accommodation and tried to get some rest. The next day we got our mobile lines, booked appointment to open bank accounts and started house hunting but we were advised by our friend to take our time cos we got a good deal to stay at our temporary accommodation for three months.

Before we left Nigeria, I had started sending out my resumes and got contacted by one of the organisations asking for the date I would be landing. As soon as I arrived I sent a mail to them that I had landed and I was scheduled for my first interview on the 6th of September, the interview went well and between 6th and today 16th of September, I have had about 5 other interviews with different organisations since I arrived and got a call today for another interview on Monday I see God at work in all of this and a lot of good prospects.I am very confident that the flood gates of blessings have been opened for me and my household. I shall be prosperous in this land by Gods grace amen.

For everyone waiting, your good news will come by God's grace. I know of a friend who withdrew his FSW2014 applications after he had done medicals in June 2015 and was not getting any feedback from AVO. He withdrew the application June this year after his medicals had expired and reapplied for Express Entry and within one week, he got all the approvals and his PPR was sent that same month. He landed last month, he took a huge risk which paid off in the end.

As God has done it for me and my household,God will answer everyone still waiting for goodnews amen. I apologize for my long epistle o. God bless us all amen.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations TENMEN and thank God for journey mercies!
TENMEN said:
Hi all,

We relocated to Calgary and have since settled in. Been busy adjusting to life with a new 3 weeks old baby as wifey just delivered. For naija I be pro when it comes to driving as I don dey drive for years. In fact, my wife calls me a GPS. No place for Lag wey I no Know. But for Canada, I failed computer driving test like 3 times and road test like 4 times before finally passing and getting my class 5 drivers license LOL.
Canadians have really done well for themselves as they have put so much in place in terms of infrastructure to support their life style and economy. I really don't know how but so many things in the public sector of the society works. So for all those still waiting for one form of update or another, the place make sense sha, so just keep doing what you do and keep the faith. A billion thanks to Pipi's HB for creating this forum and still keeping in touch in spite of the demands of time in this new environment. Many thanks too to Neyobash for ensuring our correspondence easily gets to and from Accra VO. It will be good if we keep a forum for all those who just landed so we can further build on the progress we have made and also learn from landed seniors who arrive before us. I see a lot of collabo with the Chinese and Philipinos and wish we could have some strong association too for naija professionals. A billion thanks to you all for your support and all who responded to my questions. Thanks once again!!!! :) :)

Congratulations on what must be the shortest short-landing ever :D, and thank God for journey mercies to and fro, and all the best as you prepare to wind down in 9ja and properly ship out.
Donmakaveli said:
Hi guys,

Greetings to everyone.
December 2014 Applicant...
We landed in Toronto last weekend and did all the signing in with Customs and immigration. The process wasnt upto 1 hour.
We didnt have enough load with us as we just wanted to use the visa before it expires on the 27th of this month.
We tendered our Goods to follow list and gave the address for our Permanent resident cards to be sent.
I rented a car right from the airport which i drove to the hotel that i pre booked in Toronto.
We left canada the following day and will return to canada in the future.
Still doing research on the best place to settle down in the future when we arrive.
I want to ask what province is best at taxes. The province with the lowest provincial and federal taxes.
Will appreciate your answers

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Always thankful for His mercies, and congratulations on your own landing and thank God for journey mercies.
jethrokay said:
@Babybal, You really tried with this, It is very close to our story too. Thanks

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
A little over 3 months and 30 thread pages later, I can only imagine the levels of frustration being experienced by those waiting for one update or the other... Was really hoping I would be reading about Boss Neyobash's story about receiving his COPR, but then we can only propose, ultimately He disposes. It shall all be well; as tough as it may be to remain patient, prayerful, persistent (per PH's suggestion to maintain communication) and positive, these 4 Ps are really the only tools available to those in the situation as there is no guarantee that switching to the EE track would be any faster / easier. The good news is definitely on its way, and when the time comes, this period of anxiety will be quickly forgotten #Amen.

Will have to come back with our updates (it won't take another 3 months :) ); just had to leave these words of encouragement.

What I will quickly put out there for those in the final stages of putting together their departure / settlement plans is this: should you decide to procure temporary medical insurance pending when provincial insurance kicks in, it will be much better for you to purchase from a Canadian provider - this will likely greatly minimise the back and forth if and when it is time to claim a refund.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
BabyBal said:
A little over 3 months and 30 thread pages later, I can only imagine the levels of frustration being experienced by those waiting for one update or the other... Was really hoping I would be reading about Boss Neyobash's story about receiving his COPR, but then we can only propose, ultimately He disposes. It shall all be well; as tough as it may be to remain patient, prayerful, persistent (per PH's suggestion to maintain communication) and positive, these 4 Ps are really the only tools available to those in the situation as there is no guarantee that switching to the EE track would be any faster / easier. The good news is definitely on its way, and when the time comes, this period of anxiety will be quickly forgotten #Amen.

Will have to come back with our updates (it won't take another 3 months :) ); just had to leave these words of encouragement.

What I will quickly put out there for those in the final stages of putting together their departure / settlement plans is this: should you decide to procure temporary medical insurance pending when provincial insurance kicks in, it will be much better for you to purchase from a Canadian provider - this will likely greatly minimise the back and forth if and when it is time to claim a refund.
Always nice to hear from you mommabal, a breathe of fresh air. How's the weather in the 6ix? ;)