NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ddmckay said:
Raising a petition is not a bad idea and i realy appreciate the effort....but i am of the opinion that we do so presenting an unbiased opinion .Taking a more critical and wholistic look at the processing ,one will notice that even those whose application is being processed at the home office in cabada is complaining of the delay we at accra is also withnessing ,if you check the global thread for fsw applicants ,its the same complain of inactivity that is been reported by all local visa offices @Blacky should be able to corroborate this fact....however it is true that the accra visa office is a bit slow with processing.
l would suggest we jointly put forward a petition like was done with the last set .that saw quite a number of applications been completed, but the petition should'nt be pressumptious and subjective, i think it should be more of an appeal while also stating the untold hardship the delay of processing is subjecting every applicant to.suffice to say that some other visa office is far worse than accra an example is Bangdladesh visa office....they gave almost all the nov /dec applicant a negative decision made status all within a week just for a hunch that was not confirmed accross board....so please do not let us personalise this whole delay to Accra visa office.
An equally nice, objective position on the petition matter. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

BAJIBS

Jun 15, 2016
Gofame said:
My brother I feel you, but you dont have to sound that way you know... I remember when I was waiting for PER, forumites were discussing about flight booking :) :) I read attentively, knowing it will be my turn.I learnt about IOM long ago when I had no business with flight booking and today it came helpful when it help saved abont 500k in booking my flight. what if I had said then that forumites should stop discussing it because am not at that stage? So many examples are there to share.You would need this info about drivers license one day, trust me.If only your worries were to be discussed here then the purpose of this forum which is to help everyone will be defeated..so please bear with everyone in the spirit of love..cheers
Hi Gofame, please what is IOM?

FOLARINDE

Aug 31, 2016
Eesha Bola said:
Hello house mates.

I am a December 29th Applicant and i only have first and second update .i.e ''Application received'' and ''your application in progress''

I have not heard any thing since then and this wait is killing.

I just want to know if i am not the only one in this situation.

any December 29th applicant with updates should please let us know.

May God let us all rejoice at the end of this long journey.

It will surely end in praises for all of us.

amin.
Mine was December 19, 2014 and all i have heard is "Received" and "In process"; nothing else. Just to let you know you are not the only one in that position. Anyone from December 2014 that has received updates should please let us know, or anyone thinks there is something we need to do should please inform us. However, till we get a response i believe we shouldn't get worked up unnecessarily. My approach has been to put it in the hand of God and relax.

jaybol

Sep 17, 2014
Amen.
BabyBal said:
To all those who are waiting for one update or the other, the wait is oh so frustrating!!! Aargh... But I appeal to you to continue to fortify your preparation, start accruing forex if you can, start making inventory of your household items and plans for how each item would be disposed / packed / freighted, and of course continue praying that His will be done at the best time that brings with it all the required favour such that the wait disappears from your memory :), Amen!

Hawt!

May 6, 2016
Hello everyone,
Are there pple in the house whose medicals have expired while waiting for ppr? Or am I the only one??? Any updates? Pls share its very relieving.
It must surely end in praise.

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
Hawt! said:
Hello everyone,
Are there pple in the house whose medicals have expired while waiting for ppr? Or am I the only one??? Any updates? Pls share its very relieving.
It must surely end in praise.

and you didnt see any update like medical recieved

gerry229

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Hi everyone just to update you I have decision made yesterday in my ecas. However have not received any correspondence or PPR. Anybody has idea how long it takes to receive PPR after decision made thx

Hawt!

May 6, 2016
gerry229 said:
Hi everyone just to update you I have decision made yesterday in my ecas. However have not received any correspondence or PPR. Anybody has idea how long it takes to receive PPR after decision made thx

@ gerry229 your testimony is here already. Pls share your timeline.

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
And the waiting continues....

fisobzy01

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-14
Doc's Request.
all documents sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 24-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
in view

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Hello house, happy new month to every one.
Please I need everyone's useful advice on this sad story.

I met a Nigerian family yesterday that landed Calgary a week ago, did their landing formalities and headed to Edmonton by road. Unfortunately for them, while on the journey, they all slept off unknown to them that a black guy who has been monitoring them since they boarded made away with all their document and money.

As it is now, they are stranded without any travel document with them again. They cannot register for SIN, they cannot register for Health Care, their children cannot be registered in school and so on without the CoPR.

The guy plans traveling back to Naija to return next year, but no int'l passport again.

What should they do?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pastor Daniel said:

I met a Nigerian family yesterday that landed Calgary a week ago, did their landing formalities and headed to Edmonton by road. Unfortunately for them, while on the journey, they all slept off unknown to them that a black guy who has been monitoring them since they boarded made away with all their document and money.

As it is now, they are stranded without any travel document with them again. They cannot register for SIN, they cannot register for Health Care, their children cannot be registered in school and so on without the CoPR.

The guy plans traveling back to Naija to return next year, but no int'l passport again.

What should they do?

I think that they will have to report to the immigration office first (Border services); the one very close to them. They can check their emails to get previous documentations that mentioned that they should come for their visas and every documents that relates to their PR. They should print all of these from their emails. The Canada Border services people should be able to take it up from there. May be they will be able to get them temporary documents while they are still around. To get a new Nigeria passport, may be they can print off copies of the biodata page of their international passports if they have it in their emails. Anything to get their passport numbers might just help. They can equally visit the Nigeria embassy that is the closest to them to report this development. I do not know if they should be the ones to report the case to the police or the border services people but I think that this must be reported to the police so that they do not use their documents to perpetrate any thing illegal. These are my contributions for now.

Furthermore, the person can visit these links ; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
bivins1 said:
I am a Canadian citizen but I have noticed that processing times for Nigerians applying from Accra office is taking longer than stipulated and i find it disrespectful when they cannot even acknowledge that the process is taking longer than necessary or even bother to communicate you on what is happening . This is a marked departure when processing visas from other parts of the world . I think its hypocritical to paint every one with the same brush in assuming every body who wants to come to Canada wants to stow away . At the end of the day, you pay the same visa fee like people from other parts of the world and i see no reason why one should go through such humiliations to get a visa . I am in talks with some top politicians and in the light of these , I am going to start a petition at change.com . If we get a critical number, the House of parliament will have no choice but re- consider the matter . I have heard too many tales of people suffering to get a visa to come to Canada. The office was moved to Ghana when Ken Saro Wiwa was murdered by the late Abacha and was meant to be a punishment to the government . We have since moved on from those barbaric days and the irony is when corrupt Government officials want to come to canada, they get their visa easily while the common man suffers.
I have decided to see if you will be willing to sign this petition and then i will get parliamentarians to discuss the issue . If you dont do anything , nothing will change. I will check back to see the response to this and will attach the link for all of you who have suffered the humiliation of getting canadian visa to sign . You have nothing to lose

Thanks
Hmm... Nice idea and i think this can change things in Accra VO...but "change.com" or "change.org"????? na woman lingerie dem dey sell for that ".com" website ooo ;D :D

Anointed

Apr 1, 2015
Pastor Daniel said:

What should they do?

I think the main challenge they'd have now will be that of survival, since your post says they lost all their funds. As for their travel documents, they'd have to report the loss to the Police and the nearest Immigration office. They'd have to wait for their Permanent Residency Cards to be delivered to them at the address they supplied while completing immigration formalities at the port of entry. They'd need to apply for fresh Nigerian Passports from the Nigeria High Commission there in Canada.

With the Residency Card, they'd be able to complete other registration formalities like SIN, Medical etc. The main challenge like i said earlier is how they'd survive in the interim. God help that family to weather this initial storm IJN. Amen!