App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks much Quartza; my application was received at the embassy last Tuesday... I shall give them a call on Tuesday if I do not receive notification that my prepaid envelope is on its way back to me.

Quartza said:
I did mine last month, I went to the embass paid $50CAD in money order and I was told to come back, that it takes four days to process it. I went there after four days, after waiting for about an hour they discover that my file has not been treated I had to wait till 2 pm to get my letter. If you are sending it to them by courier, I will advise you to call them after three days of them receiving your document.

I presented the letter at the drive test centre in Ottawa, after passing the knowledge test I was immediately booked for G exit drive test.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations labiz001, thankful for journey mercies, and welcome to Canada :). Good luck with the job hunt, and hope your bags have since been found and delivered to you

labiz001 said:
To the glory of Almighty God, me and my family landed in Toronto at about 3:30pm on Wednesday 10th August, 2016 via Emirates Airline. We pass through customs and immigrations in about 35minutes as there are few people on queue. No POF was asked, only question at customs was what we have in our bags and how much money we have on us. We then proceed to Check-in our luggages to the connecting flight (WestJet) to Edmonton.

We arrived Edmonton International Airport at about 9:20pm. My friend who has come to receive us as landed from Fort mcmurray some minutes before us and already waiting for us at the arrivals. We picked our checked in luggages and find out 2 bags are missing. Till today WestJet is yet to identify the whereabout of those bags. We then left for another friends house as we are worn out and hungry ( Foods served on Emirates Airline are not edible, only survived with the little bread include everytime as if they knew).

The Following morning, we went to Service Canada, Health Registry,Scotia Bank to open account and also got on the Wind Network. My friend has sent a broadcast to all his friends in the morning that a new naija family are in town and whatever they have to ease settling down should be communicated, and by evening, responses have started coming in. Alas!!! Someone has donated a car. We picked all needed stuffs the following day and moved them to the apartment they have helped us secure since August 1st. Also went on shopping to stock the house.We finally moved into our apartment on saturday and have been in relaxation mode since.

Job hunting starts today.

Canada is a really nice place to be. I pray all awaiting updates receives and speedy completion of process insha Allah.

It will end in praises.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
To all those who are waiting for one update or the other, the wait is oh so frustrating!!! Aargh... But I appeal to you to continue to fortify your preparation, start accruing forex if you can, start making inventory of your household items and plans for how each item would be disposed / packed / freighted, and of course continue praying that His will be done at the best time that brings with it all the required favour such that the wait disappears from your memory :), Amen!

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
BabyBal said:
Congratulations labiz001, thankful for journey mercies, and welcome to Canada :). Good luck with the job hunt, and hope your bags have since been found and delivered to you
Thanks BabyBal. Only one of my bags has successfully returned after it has made its way to France and back to Edmonton. Waiting to see the second one soon else the airline has informed they pay $250 for lost bags.

ibadanchap

Apr 19, 2016
Abim said:
Hello people. Trust everyone is doing fine.

Please I need help/advice.My driver's license expired in February and I applied for renewal since and my husband's expired May.As at when we left in July our temporary licenses had been extended twice with promise that renewed licenses will be out in a month and were continually told there was a system upgrade in FRSC abuja which delayed production of renewed licenses.The story was still the same as at last Friday. We notwithstanding applied for a letter from the Nigerian embassy (or whatever it is) in Ontario which they stated on it that old licenses were expired and refused to state we applied since for renewal and the delay in receipt is no fault of ours. Anyways long story cut short after standing for almost 5hrs at the test centre where we went for the test yesterday, we were told our naija driving experiences of over 10years will not count until we produce the renewed licenses or we will have to follow the Canadian graduated system like new drivers. That will mean looking for a G driver to always sit with us when driving for the next 3 years or so. We opted to bring our renewed licenses and left the center. Someone just told us today again that if it exceeds 60 days after arrival in ontario, we will have to start from the scratch as new drivers. Meaning we have less than 2 weeks to sort this issue out.

Am in a state of confusion. What can we do?

Thanks
Hello Abim,

I think you should just wait for your renewed license to arrive from Nigeria. I was in a similar situation on my arrival in 2013. I only got my renewed license sent to me in Canada weeks after I arrived. I also presented my license and verification letter from the embassy well over 4 months after I arrived. I think the 60 days is the duration of time you are allowed to legally drive with another country's license after arrival, not the duration of time you must apply with your foreign license for your experience to be counted.

Also the time when you have to drive with a G licensed driver sitting besides you is just 12 months when you have a G1 and not 3 years. After 12 months with G1 you can take the G2 test and G2 allows you to drive on all roads and at any time provided you are older than 21. Only thing is you must have zero level alcohol and of course your insurance premium will be higher.

My 2 cents. i hope this helps.

ibadanchap

Apr 19, 2016
Unibadan said:
Hello.

I sent this out and people started asking me if someone has ever gotten the money.
maggiforever said:
This is amazing.An online international blog looking for more traffic on the site is paying you for inviting more people to the site without you paying anything.You Just log on to the link below, click on register and immediately you start earning money which can be received through WESTERN UNION,BANK WIRE TRANSFER AND PAYPAL.JOIN,INVITE AND EARN is what success look like in this business.Here is the link below
http://TheTasksPay.com/?user=58888
As good as this looks I don't think it's genuine. See http://everyonecanmakemoneyonline.com/thetaskspay-com-review-scam-or-legit-opportunity .
Unfortunately I had registered (though thankfully not with my real details except for full name) before I realized their page was looking somehow and I did not get to verify my email - which every serious website does. I felt like spanking myself because I should have noticed the webpage was not secured (https) (a must for a page asking for your personal details) and should have researched the site before registering.

I do have a couple of websites where I earn a few bucks in my spare time. One I can reliably recommend is www.swagbucks.com. I have been a member for about 1 year and have earned $250 to date (with payout through paypal / amazon gift cards) but I only spend few hours every now and then when I have some idle time on my hands. And they also have a referral system so you cam make more if people sign up through you.

Cheers.

Abim

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014; PER Received -05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with applicationn
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
ibadanchap said:
Hello Abim,

I think you should just wait for your renewed license to arrive from Nigeria. I was in a similar situation on my arrival in 2013. I only got my renewed license sent to me in Canada weeks after I arrived. I also presented my license and verification letter from the embassy well over 4 months after I arrived. I think the 60 days is the duration of time you are allowed to legally drive with another country's license after arrival, not the duration of time you must apply with your foreign license for your experience to be counted.

Also the time when you have to drive with a G licensed driver sitting besides you is just 12 months when you have a G1 and not 3 years. After 12 months with G1 you can take the G2 test and G2 allows you to drive on all roads and at any time provided you are older than 21. Only thing is you must have zero level alcohol and of course your insurance premium will be higher.

Thanks a lot Ibadanchap. It does help!

OlaOyo

Jul 22, 2016
BabyBal said:
To all those who are waiting for one update or the other, the wait is oh so frustrating!!! Aargh... But I appeal to you to continue to fortify your preparation, start accruing forex if you can, start making inventory of your household items and plans for how each item would be disposed / packed / freighted, and of course continue praying that His will be done at the best time that brings with it all the required favour such that the wait disappears from your memory :), Amen!
Thanks for renewing the hope!

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is our week of remembrance, testimonies and praise...... it will sure end in praise!!!

Dee14

Aug 21, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, you can state your different job titles in your application but you can only indicate one primary occupation for which you have more than one year experience and with which your application will be considered.

Thank you very much.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BabyBal said:
BabyBal, Thanks for word of encouragement and prayers.
We're believing God that it will surely end in praise.... coming soon our testimonies.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibadanchap said:
Hello Abim,

Thanks for your 2 cent thingy, its really informative and helpful.

adaghogho

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-09-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
September 2016
Abim said:
Hello people. Trust everyone is doing fine.

Please I need help/advice.My driver's license expired in February and I applied for renewal since and my husband's expired May.As at when we left in July our temporary licenses had been extended twice with promise that renewed licenses will be out in a month and were continually told there was a system upgrade in FRSC abuja which delayed production of renewed licenses.The story was still the same as at last Friday. We notwithstanding applied for a letter from the Nigerian embassy (or whatever it is) in Ontario which they stated on it that old licenses were expired and refused to state we applied since for renewal and the delay in receipt is no fault of ours. Anyways long story cut short after standing for almost 5hrs at the test centre where we went for the test yesterday, we were told our naija driving experiences of over 10years will not count until we produce the renewed licenses or we will have to follow the Canadian graduated system like new drivers. That will mean looking for a G driver to always sit with us when driving for the next 3 years or so. We opted to bring our renewed licenses and left the center. Someone just told us today again that if it exceeds 60 days after arrival in ontario, we will have to start from the scratch as new drivers. Meaning we have less than 2 weeks to sort this issue out.

Am in a state of confusion. What can we do?

Thanks
I am having almost a similar challenge though not yet landed. The Federal road safety are just 'one kind'.
My permanent driving license is not yet ready despite extension given to me as the temporary one expired.
Is it possible for the DL to be collected by proxy and maybe courier to me in Canada? Cos now, I don't even know when the DL will be ready.

There is ALWAYS a better way with God

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
adaghogho said:
I am having almost a similar challenge though not yet landed. The Federal road safety are just 'one kind'.
My permanent driving license is not yet ready despite extension given to me as the temporary one expired.
Is it possible for the DL to be collected by proxy and maybe courier to me in Canada? Cos now, I don't even know when the DL will be ready.

There is ALWAYS a better way with God
You can also come with the temporary license, my wife also submitted the temporary one and it was accepted in Alberta.

adaghogho

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-09-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
September 2016
tbaba said:
You can also come with the temporary license, my wife also submitted the temporary one and it was accepted in Alberta.
Thank you so much. What a relief to hear this. Infact plus 1 for you.

There is ALWAYS a better way with God.