10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
+1 for you for this YYH

YYH said:
Hello dearest e-family,

For all those awaiting updates, you can keep yourselves busy studying the DRIVERS HANDBOOK to drive in Canada. With your Nigerian drivers licence, you will need to take a test to get a Canadian drivers licence on getting there.
I hope this helps.
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2010/agendas/committees/cy/cy100118/it003.pdf

Regards

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations Sambade!!!

Sambade said:
Hello everyone,join me to praise our wonderful God,

Visas and COPR landed for my family and I.

For everyone still awaiting update just keep trusting in God,He will come through for you.it will end in Praise for us all

Congratulations Canada ds year and thankful for journey mercies!

Canada ds year said:
WOW!!! So many updates to read up.... Congratulations to all with recent and not so recent updates. And my prayers for all those waiting to receive MRs, PPRs,pick up mails. God will sustain you through this waiting period.

We landed in Calgary via Ethiopia-Toronto- Calgary route. The flight was smooth but so long. Canada is indeed far. Landing formalities went well. The IO asked for how much funds I had on me, to which I replied 800 USD cash and XXXX amount in my bank account in my home country. He then went ahead for my proof of the said amount and I handed over to him the GTBank official statement of my account. He didn't even look at the balance, as l had thought he would scrutinize the statement. And that was it.
However, we missed our connecting flight to Calgary on Air Canada but we were promptly rebooked for the next available flight at no cost.
SIN registration, accomodation,medical insurance registration,bank account , school for the children have all been sorted. Looking forward to a "sleep-in" week end.
Praying that next week will bring more good news to everyone of us.
Thank God for this forum and God bless all of us

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
We thank God for His mercies o, and congratulations! Na to go arrange for plenty "change" be dat, he he.

Gentle Ace said:
My people just a few lines for the landing gist matter

Left naija with a BA flight via Heathrow London, got to lagos a day earlier from warri and logged at Allen to be close to the airport on the 5th so that to prevent stories that touch concerning traffic in lagos.

Got to the airport quite earlier around 3.30pm as check in time starts 5.30pm and I was no2 on the queue but the standing and waiting at MM1 no easy pulped with the fact that I was travelling with kids.

On getting to the airport trust naija authourities with their way, an immigration officer saw my plenty luggage and was like oga na only I get all these luggage meaning na run I De so and I won't return and that I must see them b4 I could pass u know, good thing I had got some change with me naim I knack the guy 5h make e for no lost and he hailed oga mi and made way for us.

When checking in started due to the fact I got there early I was quick with it and did some more sorting along with immigrations, customs el ta.

Cos of my quick finger with them I wasn't asked to show anything I was carrying we eventually took off 11.20pm and git to Heathrow airport around 6am next day 6th May.

My people na there wait come start we were at Heathrow till around 7.20pm when we eventually left for YYC airport calgary. We got to calgary 8.50pm local time my people the sun that hour of the day tie wrapper at almost 9pm. God is wonderful indeed and the weather at the time was 9 deg very nice and not too cold.

Passing through the customs and the immigrations at calgary airport was a breeze all that was asked was whether I have excess cash with me and what and what am carrying and when I gave answers, the nice blank immigration Canadian by name Ebanks just signed my CoPR form endorsed our pp and gave them back to me and said welcome to Canada that am now a permanent residence entitled to all right with the exemption of voting. All my ten bags were passed with evening touching them.

On getting to the arrival lounge my host were already waiting for us to receive us and many thanks to trevvy that came all the way from NW calgary to help with the luggage.

That's the gist my people all that are still waiting for one update or the other don't worry God gat u cos He won't fail on His word concerning your matters.

One love my people and looking forward to seeing and welcoming you guys.

Omo like dis I Don be senior too no be small thing life na turn by turn.

Shallom and it will always end in praise.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations thorndike4u and thankful for journey mercies!

thorndike4u said:
To God be the glory my people. The journey for FSWP started in 2013. I had applied for FSWP 2013 but was unsuccessful as cap was filled at the time my application was submitted. January 2014, I had also applied for SINP but couldn't meet the cap as only 250 applications were needed at the time. This was inspite of the fact that i had applied the same day yhe application opened. Applied again for FSWP 2014 for 1112 in May 2014. Received an NER in August 2014 as the visa officer was not convinced I carried out all or substantial part of the duties of this NOC in my experience. I quickly packaged another application for NOC 1212 as I also qualify for this NOC which was submitted in September 2014. Got PER January 2, 2015 for this second application in 2014. Subsequently, MR/additional docs, PPR and stamped pp with visas and COPRs followed and got to me April 19, 2016. Fast forward to May 6, 2016. My family boarded BA from LOS to YVR. We transited through LHR with a 12 hrs wait (though this was not felt as we checked into a short stay hotel in Heathrow for 6hrs). By 6:45pm local time on May 7, 2016 we had arrived YVR. By 7:58pm, we were through with immigration. I was asked general general questions on the declaration card which I had filled before landing. I declared I had more than $10,000 in the card. No POF question was asked also. Immigration officer welcomed me to Canada and that was it. I hope I try for this more than 150 words summary lol. Special thanks has to go to Baba God, KSA, Pipis Husband, tbaba, kollins, TTGold, Gentle Ace, Promocj, Ma ig, Ime, Technolee, Guyman1234, MoneyMonger, Markdoff, chai, the list is endless oh. Pardon me if I left your name out. I am still in an ecstatic mood. All others expecting one update or the other, it will surely come. God must perfect all that He has started. Regards

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations God win and Gentlecanadian!!!

God win said:
Good afternoon my lovely e-family. Visas and COPR for my family and I delivered this morning. Pls join me in returning all the Glory 2 d most high God.
Gentlecanadian said:
I am grateful to the most high God...finally...finally we got our visas and COPR today,still like a dream.The journey has been a long one(29/05/2014) but the Lord has filled my mouth with praises,it has ended in praise.
I wish all awaiting applicant speedy response from AVO.Your updates will surely come,you just need the patience virtue in excess dose.
I want to thank the actives forum members,their updates kept my mind distracted during my waiting period.I use my visa and COPR has a point of contact to Avo for members waiting for one update or the other....a point of contact especially for DeeBruv,i don't know u on a personal level but i know how it feels to wait and wait,God ll touch your Application soon,mark it bro.
To Baba Neyobash....my courteous Baba Egba,thank you for your prompt,smooth,fast and easy service.I feel i have known you all my life,sales executive par excellence,God is on your case.God bless you for the honor you accorded me.
Sorry guys,i had to write under Neyobash post becos i dont know how to make an individual post,can someone teach me please,thank you

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations luvmuma and flakytezy!!!

luvmuma said:
To God be the glory for He alone indeed is able. House, please rejoice with me for it has ended in praise for me and my family. We received our PR and COPR this evening.
It had been a journey of 4 years plus of resilience and finally I am singing songs of praises to God. I want to thank everyone on the forum for being one big family that cares. My appreciation especially goes to Pipis husband, Nayobash ( The efficient and effective guy) yours will come in Jesus name, Kingsley and Ebe. Thanks all for being there. To all those expecting PPR or MR God will grant you your heart desires and it will end in praise for you.
May we be fruitful in Canada in Jesus name.
flakytezy said:
I stand in awe of you,O Lord. Thank you for the successful completion of this phase. Visas and COPR for my family received from Ghana this afternoon. Thanking God for watching over the passports as it journeyed from the Carribean island to Ghana and back. You are worthy O Lord.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations on the arrival of your princesses brainybunmi2000; may He watch over them and grant you all the wisdom, courage, and strength you need to raise them right, amin!

brainybunmi2000 said:
Hello All,
Please am new on this forum. I submitted my application in December 2014 and my account was debited in January 2015. Its there on the Canadian on-line service that my they started processing my application in February 2015. I applied as the primary applicant, and my husband a dependant. However, in September 2015, i had a set of twins. i informed the Accra office via the Case specific enquiry (CSE) platform, attaching my babies birth certificate. I received an acknowledgement but i have since not heard anything from them. Please what should i do? Do i keep waiting or should i contact them again.

Wishing you happy married life ugooh!

ugooh said:
@brainnybunmi2000 my case is similar. My application was received on 23rd Dec 2014. I got married last year and raised CSE to AVO. They acknowledged it but no other correspondence since then.
They haven't requested for further documents for my wife, Nor POF, and no MR yet.
Please can any senior guide us, what should we do?

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
[Gbabe! The official Ibadan moto :D, he he

neyobash14 said:
am telling u...N145...abeg who get Nissan Micra...I wan buy. dat one go save fuel well well till AVO respond ;D ;D

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations Ebube and ozone!!!

Ebube said:
Received visas and COPRs for me and my family this afternoon. God is truly awesome and really showed Himself strong on my behalf on this journey. I wish all those awaiting updates speedy processing in Jesus name, Amen!
I also wish to say a big thank you to PH for his speedy and straight to the mark responses to issues at all times and also to every other person on this forum. God bless you all and always place people in your paths to help whenever required.
ozone said:
Received visas and COPRs for me and my family this afternoon. As i receive the package eh, na so i hold the package like say i win Premier league trophy, house the package reach to b kissed sef. I am so happy in fact i lack words to express my joy. Glory be to God. Oga Neyobash, I salute you, you too much oh, i dont know how i could have gone about the pick up process if not for your help. I thank Pipis Husband and every1 once again for all your responses and assistance during my application process and like i said earlier, I pray that God will visit all your application files and move the hand of AVO to attend to every1 in this forumn expecting positive updates from AVO speedily, IJMN, Amen.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations codedguy31, Delaprix, and Easyjay!!!

codedguy31 said:
Good Evening House,

I picked up my Visa and COPR this afternoon. It has finally ended in praise. For everyone still waiting on an update; Hold On and get ready to be suprised!
Delaprix said:
I received visas and CPRs for my family yesterday, 13th May. It has truly ended in praises. I am grateful to God for making this dream come true. Heartfelt thanks to everyone on this forum, special thanks to Neyobash for personalised services. I know our expectant colleagues will hear their good news very soon, please 'occupy till it comes'.
Phase 2 begins. To God be all the glory.
Easyjay said:
Good afternoon Great minds, please rejoice with me and my family as I now have my Visa & COPR
it is no more a mirage but now a reality.
CANADA HERE WE COME OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Pipis Husband THANK YOU!!!
Neyobash THANK YOU!!!, Bebisco, pace, ebube, thorndike, Calgarychic, Mabertia, Adaghogho, Ozone
tbaba, pastor Daniel, christamario and all other wonderful e-family members too numerous to mention.
it has ended in praise o!

Hear this as I prophesy to all expecting MR and PPR your desires are poured out upon you like
torrential rain as we begin a new week IJMN if you believe receive it now.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations Ghledhow, Uddy!!!

Ghledhow said:
I THANK GOD ALMIGHTY!!!! MY FAMILY AND I HAVE RECEIVED OUR VISA AND COPR!!!

PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LEADS ON CHEAP AND SAFE AREAS IN CALGARY.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA OF SHORT LETS OR CHEAP HOTEL MY FAMILY AND I CAN STAY WHILE WE HOUSE HUNT. THANKS
Uddy said:
I have been a silent member of this forum but I guess its about time I spoke up again, seeing that I have good news to share. My family and I received our Visas and COPRs on Friday last week. Many thanks to all the seniors in the house with their unending flow of advice. Neyobash, you too try as per the pick up, many thanks. Good luck to all those still expecting.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Wow! It has been said that it is not over until it is over; congratulations Aby444!

Aby444 said:
Good day Family of hopefuls, I got my PPR

I would like to thank all the seniors on this forum for how consistent they have been in helping out newbies like me (who dont post much).

Let me share a bit of my Canadian journey to also offer some encouragement and hope to those still waiting for a reply.

I visited Canada in 2013 as a visitor and because I liked it so much I decided to get a job. I got the LMO (Labour Market Opinion) and all the pertinent documents and proceeded to the coutts border to get my passport stamped with my work permit. (I was in for a rude awakening, I was refused the work permit and told that I had 2 weeks to leave canada and that if I wanted a work permit, I should do it from Nigeria. Against the advice of well meaning friends and family, I left the country and came back to nigeria.

in 2014, I got all my docs together to apply for FSW, due to my WES report, I ended up sending my app in december and it got to CIC on the 29th Dec. With apprehension, I watched every day go by hoping to make the cut-off, Alas my APP was returned as not been among the 1000 APPs taken for NOC 0112. Sad and discouraged, I waited for express entry.

With an initial ielts score of L-7.5 , S-7.5, R-9 and W - 8, I got a CRS score of 412. I saw the trend of invitations leaning toward the high 450s so I took another IELTS score that gave me a new score of 476. I felt that I had made it.

June 27th saw me getting an ITA
Submitted app- July 3rd
Meds Passed - July 8th
1st AOR- 12th July
Medical passed- july 18
2nd Aor- July 27th

I was sent an Additional docs request - August 8 asking for IMM566E and IMM5406. I sent this off and waited expecting good news as I made sure all my docs were in order.

On september 22, I received a letter from CIC saying I had been refused the visa because of misrepresentation " I misrepresented my immigration history' and I was banned from Canada for 5 years. Shock paralysed me. Family and some friends told me to count my losses but some very well meaning friends (Hopeful guy and Kollins) advised me to fight it and even pitched in for the lawyers fees.

I paid for a lawyer, Waldman and Co who had extensive experience and successes with misrepresentation cases and retained their services. They ordered my GCMS notes and the unlying explanation beneath "misrepresented immigration history was that my brief 2 month visit to Canada in 2013 was construed as LIVING in Canada. Mind you, this visit was clearly stated in travel history. The lawyers filled my case in November.

Fast forward to March 28th when my Case was reopened,
I received an additional doc request - Explanation of POF and identity docs which I sent.

At exactly 10:38 am on monday the 16th May I got my PPR request and also RPRF and updated family info which I sent off. My medicals expire on the 1st of July so their letter stated that I had to travel before them.

So now the docs have been sent and I am waiting to see my case approved on mycic. It has been a long and tortuous road, but I am grateful to God that my persistence was not in vain.

I hope that somebody is encouraged by my journey and chooses to stay positive in the midst of every uncertainty.

My prayer is that every desire of this forum members MRs, PPRs and VISAs will be met. Amen

Canada ds year

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 4,2014
Doc's Request.
March 12,2015
Nomination.....
Jan 30,2015
Med's Request
July 28,2015
Med's Done....
Aug 5,2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Feb 19,2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 21,2016
LANDED..........
May 3,2016
blacky said:
Am so happy to see that the long pending review of my "eligibility status" is now in progress.
A little bit relieved after 6 months of "review required" status. AVO is silently working.MR in a bit...

Many thanks to PRIs post earlier
Hi blacky,
So glad to read this ur update bcos our application dates are close.
God will perfect your application and grant you favour and speed in the remaining stages.

This is also my prayer for all whose applications are unduly delayed for one reason or the other... God will visit your files and bring inspiring testimonies out of the situations.
All will be well.
Wishing everyone a great weekend.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Hi Everyone! E don tay small o... Just completed catching up from Page 1580, and I am extremely delighted with all the good news and testimonies that I read about... Had hoped there would be more MR news and our very own Egba boy would have received the long awaited notification, but no yawa - dem no get choice; as Oga PH told me when we were in the waiting room, no matter how long an adult tries to keep a toy out of a child's reach by holding it up in the air, hand go soon pain am, and the toy will have to come down to the child's level :D.

This shutting-down and getting-ready-to-ship-out process is not beans... As the elders have said, planning and preparation is key, so for those waiting, please start getting your strategy together so once you receive the ugwu leaf and COPRs, you just hit go! I do know there are somethings that cannot be done beforehand, but there is a lot that can be done so get started on those, and putting things in place for the things that cannot.

I have two things that would be useful to others in the house:

(1) For those landing in Ontario and would like to arrange private medical insurance for the 90-day period before OHIP kicks in, you should consider obtaining a travel insurance policy from Axa Mansard here before you depart (no, I have no connection with them). I did the analysis with the various options that can be secured in Canada, and the Axa Mansard Worldwide Plus package, which has a 50,000 euros limit per person, came in cheaper than the others, which have a 50,000 C$ limit per policy. Also, this policy would be paid for in naira vs using up expensive C$, and it includes travel insurance that covers your luggage and some other items.

(2) I read somewhere that obtaining a letter from your auto insurance provider in 9ja could potentially reduce your auto insurance premium in Canada, provided you did not make a claim in the last 3 years or so... Sort of an indication of your how careful a driver one has been. Below is the email I sent to the customer service email address of my car insurance provider, and they responded with the requested documentation within 2 weeks. Do any of our landed seniors have any experience with how much of a difference this makes?

Hello:

Hope this meets you well.

I need a letter of reference from <insurance company> reflecting my no-accident record during the period <start year> to 2016 during which I have been subscribed to the <name of policy> (Policy Number: <policy number>).

What is required from me for this?

Regards,