App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Can anyone please share intel on how to go about sending Moneygram / Western Union to myself ahead of travelling? Are there any limits to how much can be transferred this way? Details would be much appreciated.

Also, to the landed seniors that arrived with a dozen suitcases (anything more than 5 is a dozen, he he :D ), na which kain moto una take carry all the kaya from the airport? For those that took cabs from Toronto Pearson with the load, how much did it cost? Thanks much!

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
BabyBal said:
Congratulations Sambade!!!

Congratulations Canada ds year and thankful for journey mercies!
Thanks BabyBal

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi all, glad to see people are keeping their spirits up. Never allow circumstances to dictate how you will enjoy life cos the life is already short ;)

I found this on another thread and thought to share with you all awaiting movement to the next level. Give it a try and share your status but no negativity 8)

Check your application status in more detail (not GCMS):

Did you know that you can see real time progress of your application by registering at myCIC? Once you register your GCKey account and link your application to that account of yours, it will show your application details like this:

Where is the Application? Details
Application/profile status <Current Status>
Review of eligibility <Current Status>
Review of medical results <Current Status>
Review of submitted documents <Current Status>
Scheduling an interview <Current Status>
A background check is needed <Current Status>
Final decision <Current Status>

For GCKey Sign Up, go to the following link and Continue to GCKey: www [dot] cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Once you have completed your registration, login and proceed to "Link application to this account". Follow the instructions to Link your application to your account, you will need your IELTS Test ID #, in addition to other details, to complete this process.
All the express entry applicants are able to view their application like this by default. Now the paper based applications can be linked to myCIC as well.

Hope this helps, all the best :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
BabyBal said:
Can anyone please share intel on how to go about sending Moneygram / Western Union to myself ahead of travelling? Are there any limits to how much can be transferred this way? Details would be much appreciated. Haba aunty! For this, just step into your bank on Monday, make the inquiries and share your experience after :eek:

Also, to the landed seniors that arrived with a dozen suitcases (anything more than 5 is a dozen, he he :D ), na which kain moto una take carry all the kaya from the airport? For those that took cabs from Toronto Pearson with the load, how much did it cost? Thanks much! The charge for taxi fare depends on the distance cos your ride will be read by meter. You will find the numbers for various cab companies at Toronto Pearson airport (the airport is actually in Mississauga 8) ) like Blue and White Taxi at the airport. I used them to get from the airport to my accommodation and paid $25 for my family of five and ten luggages. I specified I needed a van so they sent a big vehicle accordingly. Those going a further distance will pay higher, those going a short distance will pay less. The summary is, as you land change your USD to CAD at the airport (walk around till you spot the bureau de change, don't look for aboki here o ;D ) and start your Canny adventure :p
Hi mammabal, see above.

Markdoff

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-07-2015
I have managed to link my application. Is it normal for eligibility to be in progress after medical is passed? Has anyone who passed medical still have eligibility in progress?

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 &amp; PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
PR1 said:
Check your application status in more detail:

Did you know that you can see real time progress of your application by registering at myCIC? Once you register your GCKey account and link your application to that account of yours, it will show your application details like this:

For GCKey Sign Up, go to the following link and Continue to GCKey:
www [dot] cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Once you have completed your registration, login and proceed to "Link application to this account". Follow the instructions to Link your application to your account, you will need your IELTS Test ID #, in addition to other details, to complete this process.
All the express entry applicants are able to view their application like this by default. Now the paper based applications can be linked to myCIC as well.

Hope this helps.

Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, glad to see people are keeping their spirits up. Never allow circumstances to dictate how you will enjoy life cos the life is already short ;)

I found this on another thread and thought to share with you all awaiting movement to the next level. Give it a try and share your status but no negativity 8)

For GCKey Sign Up, go to the following link and Continue to GCKey: www [dot] cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

I have "SUCCESSFULLY LINKED" my paper based FSW 2014 application. Points to note
1. Here is the link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp" Click continue to GC key if you dont have an acct with their sign-in partners yet.
2.You get this page > "https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2d8cfece0a11dbf2e924637c9437cc7c61b8e5cd7" by clicking Continue GC KEY

3.Under "Simple Secure Access" Click Create an acct and u get this page > https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/rg?execution=e1s2
4. Remaining process is seamless.
5.After Creating ur profile with all sorts of security questions, to link ur acct ur IELTS "Test Report Form Number" @ d bottom of the TRF and"Date U took the Test" @ d top I used my 2013 IELTS Test report in my case :-[

Hope this helps someone to see their status too in comparison with GCMS notes :)

yikelin

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront medical 9th March 2017
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
Pipis Husband said:

Thanks Oga PH just linked our account and it says review in progress for eligibility . The rest are not started .

ozone

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015
Nomination.....
16-1-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
11-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-09-2015
Interview........
Waive mode activated by AVO
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
03-04-2016, PP sent 16-03-16 requested for clarification on account statement 30-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
BabyBal said:
Hi Everyone! E don tay small o... Just completed catching up from Page 1580, and I am extremely delighted with all the good news and testimonies that I read about... Had hoped there would be more MR news and our very own Egba boy would have received the long awaited notification, but no yawa - dem no get choice; as Oga PH told me when we were in the waiting room, no matter how long an adult tries to keep a toy out of a child's reach by holding it up in the air, hand go soon pain am, and the toy will have to come down to the child's level :D.

This shutting-down and getting-ready-to-ship-out process is not beans... As the elders have said, planning and preparation is key, so for those waiting, please start getting your strategy together so once you receive the ugwu leaf and COPRs, you just hit go! I do know there are somethings that cannot be done beforehand, but there is a lot that can be done so get started on those, and putting things in place for the things that cannot.

I have two things that would be useful to others in the house:

(1) For those landing in Ontario and would like to arrange private medical insurance for the 90-day period before OHIP kicks in, you should consider obtaining a travel insurance policy from Axa Mansard here before you depart (no, I have no connection with them). I did the analysis with the various options that can be secured in Canada, and the Axa Mansard Worldwide Plus package, which has a 50,000 euros limit per person, came in cheaper than the others, which have a 50,000 C$ limit per policy. Also, this policy would be paid for in naira vs using up expensive C$, and it includes travel insurance that covers your luggage and some other items.

(2) I read somewhere that obtaining a letter from your auto insurance provider in 9ja could potentially reduce your auto insurance premium in Canada, provided you did not make a claim in the last 3 years or so... Sort of an indication of your how careful a driver one has been. Below is the email I sent to the customer service email address of my car insurance provider, and they responded with the requested documentation within 2 weeks. Do any of our landed seniors have any experience with how much of a difference this makes?

Hello:

Hope this meets you well.

I need a letter of reference from <insurance company> reflecting my no-accident record during the period <start year> to 2016 during which I have been subscribed to the <name of policy> (Policy Number: <policy number>).

What is required from me for this?

Regards,
Hi Babybal or Mamabal according to PH, Hmmmmnnn!!! I am watching you o o infact, I am just watching you, you have congratulated every body, made comments on everyone's posts except me well done oo.
Waoh! U ve really done great to have read up all post backlogs from threads that far back that shows your commitment and love for this great e-family please keep it up and for all
this is a feat worth emulating. BRAVO!

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks much Oga PH; we shall definitely shy eye when we reach that side *thumbs up*
As per the banks, you know say their yanga don reach times infinity (apologies to any bankers in the house :) ), so na person wey don get experience go help with the odu ;)

Pipis Husband said:
Hi mammabal, see above.

Haba Easyjay, how can?! I no fit na... Forget you? For why??! Check page 1683 na ;)
Na Oga PH, Sir Kollins, tbaba, KSA (long time no "hear"), Neyobash, and the rest of the numerous helpful peeps on this forum I dey try resemble o... And the truth is that it is really my loss if I do not do that, as there is always treasure from you all hidden in these pages :)

Easyjay said:
Hi Babybal or Mamabal according to PH, Hmmmmnnn!!! I am watching you o o infact, I am just watching you, you have congratulated every body, made comments on everyone's posts except me well done oo.
Waoh! U ve really done great to have read up all post backlogs from threads that far back that shows your commitment and love for this great e-family please keep it up and for all
this is a feat worth emulating. BRAVO!

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Abeg has any of us used sea freight to ship belongings from Lagos to Toronto? Any recommendations / referrals you can provide? Thank you very much in advance :D!

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Landed seniors especially those who travelled with KLM, I need a guide on the charges for extra luggage. Also, is it better to book for extra while booking the flight or better to wait to be charged at the airport. Thirdly, will there be any airport shuttle to assist in movement at the connecting flight point as I understand the distance to on board and board could be much at times depends on the gate

Gentlecanadian

Nov 18, 2015
bolaopemire said:
Landed seniors especially those who travelled with KLM, I need a guide on the charges for extra luggage. Also, is it better to book for extra while booking the flight or better to wait to be charged at the airport. Thirdly, will there be any airport shuttle to assist in movement at the connecting flight point as I understand the distance to on board and board could be much at times depends on the gate
Hello dear,i have travelled with KLM couple of times.From my experience,you dont need any airport shuttle when you arrive schipol.it is very big airport but you ll be alright.The distance again depends on your gate,am sure there ll be sufficient layover time to get to your gate n even window shop,lol.And incase you re with kids n your waiting time is much,there is mc donalds somewhere at the upper floor,just ask the airport attedants.
For the excess luggage,i dont have experience on that but if you log in to their site using your Ref.no,you ll find something useful on your itinerary.

chapters101

Jan 14, 2016
GHLEDHOW:

I live in Calgary but currently visiting Nigeria. You can reach me on 09092053595 so I can give you info needed for rentals etc.

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
03-04-2016, PP sent 16-03-16 requested for clarification on account statement 30-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Haba Easyjay, how can?! I no fit na... Forget you? For why??! Check page 1683 na ;)
Na Oga PH, Sir Kollins, tbaba, KSA (long time no "hear"), Neyobash, and the rest of the numerous helpful peeps on this forum I dey try resemble o... And the truth is that it is really my loss if I do not do that, as there is always treasure from you all hidden in these pages :)

[/quote]

Waoh!!! thanks so immensely :) 8)
I just roger you a +1