18th August, 2015
Med's Done....
1st September, 2015
Passport Req..
11th March, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
23rd March, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
Go ahead and land with what you have. Once you are able to provide a certificate from a registered driving school here, you will can dive into the driver's licence system and start. :)
Thanks Pipis Husband. Is driver's license all that is needed as a proof that one has been driving before?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
monjay said:
Thanks Pipis Husband. Is driver's licence all that is needed as a proof that one has been driving before?
Genuine, FRSC issued Nigerian Driver's licence is sufficient. Some persons have reported obtaining authentication letter from FRSC in Nigeria or Nigerian embassy in Ottawa, Canada as well but I didn't need these :)

PR1

Feb 1, 2016
Check your application status in more detail:

Did you know that you can see real time progress of your application by registering at myCIC? Once you register your GCKey account and link your application to that account of yours, it will show your application details like this:

Where is the Application? Details
Application/profile status <Current Status>
Review of eligibility <Current Status>
Review of medical results <Current Status>
Review of submitted documents <Current Status>
Scheduling an interview <Current Status>
A background check is needed <Current Status>
Final decision <Current Status>

For GCKey Sign Up, go to the following link and Continue to GCKey:
www [dot] cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Once you have completed your registration, login and proceed to "Link application to this account". Follow the instructions to Link your application to your account, you will need your IELTS Test ID #, in addition to other details, to complete this process.
All the express entry applicants are able to view their application like this by default. Now the paper based applications can be linked to myCIC as well.

Hope this helps.

mickyspike

May 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am HIV+ and I am currently on medication (Lamivudine, Zidovudine, Nevirapine) and have an undetectable VL. I ordered my GCMS notes and realised that I have been assigned a medical code of M5. I checked the Ontario Formulary and discovered that the total cost of that specific regimen is around CAD 2700 appox.

I have since sent a cost analysis detailing the daily, monthly and yearly cost of that specific therapy to the Medical/Immigration Officer at the local VO. I first sent a CSE and followed it up with a hard copy.

I pointed out the error to them and listed all the references for their own review and confirmation and requested that the correct medical code be alloted.

Do you guys have any idea what might happen next?

I also need the contacts of some very good lawyers because I am willing to fight this to the very end.

Thank you.

Mike.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Thanks for the info Canada ds year, no info is lost on this forum.

Canada ds year said:
Hi Ed_b_good,
The information is clearly stated on the Alberta government transportation site. See the extract below;

"It is the law in Alberta that a person must surrender any and all foreign driver’s licences when they obtain any class of Alberta operator’s licence. It is illegal in Alberta to hold any other driver’s licence and an Alberta driver’s licence at the same time. "

This is also the response to my inquiry on NDL from an agent;

"Please note that once you pass the "Knowledge Test", the driver's licence from Nigeria will be exchanged for a Class 7 Licence (GDL Learner). Road Test can be scheduled after the successful verification of your driving records."

I didn't need to ask further questions cos the process is written in black and white. Asking some questions may be misconstrued as being unintelligent or trying to have ones way around set standards.
So I figured it out myself that peradventure I want to come back to Nigeria on a visit and drive, then I have to sort myself out then.... Either process another one back home or use the photocopy of the submitted NDL if it is still valid then(many of us carry around the photocopies anyway).
Cheers

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Thanks Pipis Husband for the update on the process in Ontario.

Pipis Husband said:
It depends on the province and the particular Drivetest centre where the Nigerian driving licence is presented.

For us in Ontario, particularly the GTA, some licenses were retained and some were released back to the owners but with the proviso that once you receive your Canadian driver's licence, you can't use the Nigerian licence in Canada.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mickyspike said:
Hello everyone,

I am HIV+ and I am currently on medication (Lamivudine, Zidovudine, Nevirapine) and have an undetectable VL. I ordered my GCMS notes and realised that I have been assigned a medical code of M5. I checked the Ontario Formulary and discovered that the total cost of that specific regimen is around CAD 2700 appox.

I have since sent a cost analysis detailing the daily, monthly and yearly cost of that specific therapy to the Medical/Immigration Officer at the local VO. I first sent a CSE and followed it up with a hard copy.

I pointed out the error to them and listed all the references for their own review and confirmation and requested that the correct medical code be alloted.

Do you guys have any idea what might happen next?

Read from this link : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hiv-medical-inadmissibility-t215325.0.html

I also need the contacts of some very good lawyers because I am willing to fight this to the very end.

Thank you.

Mike.

Read from this link : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hiv-medical-inadmissibility-t215325.0.html

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations kelzwealth!!!

kelzwealth said:
All glory goes to God as my family yesterday joined the growing number of people in this E-Family that has collected our Visas/Copr. It is truely a wonderful experience after almost 2years of anxiety, waiting and praying. Special thanks goes to all the seniors in this forum particularly PH who were committed to this forum sharing relevant and useful informations that helped others aviod some mistakes. To everyone who had contributed at one time or the other that has kept this forum alive I salute you all and pray for Gods continued blessings.

To all those still awaiting positive updates just hang on our God is faithful to finish the good things he had started in our lives.

@ph now I understand your landing story better, after getting the visas it just seem all the things in my house had doubled lol I dont know where to start evacuating from.

Planned landing in May canada here we come. I luv this E-family God bless you all.

Wishing you a very happy married life MzWillz!!!

MzWillz said:
Congrats to everyone with updates. God has done it and will still do it for us. For those waiting, fret not it will be done. Every delay is for a purpose, my MR delay was for a reason, I got married last weekend something I never thought would happen before I leave Naija, if my timeline was as projected, I probably would have left Naija a single lady, lol. But God always has a plan. To all MR faithfuls, I join my faith with yours to pronounce that God will do it for us at the appointed time. Shalom.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations on your safe and relatively smooth landing, and thank you very much for sharing your landing story with us

MCPHEMS said:
Hello people, my wife and I landed in Calgary on the 22nd of April. It was a smooth but long trip. We flew on klm via Amsterdam. We had to wait for 7 hrs to connect to Calgary. It was a long boring wait.

We landed in YYC at about 2.40pm (an hr late due to extreme weather conditions). The immigration officer directed us to another room marked with a big "A". We were attended to by a friendly immigration officer named woods. He collected our disembarkment card and travel documents, gave me a copy of form b4 to fill. He stamped the form and gave me a copy to keep. No questions on funds we were carrying nor pof. After signing the Copr, he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen.He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or three months.

We could not register for our SIN before leaving the airport as we were exhausted and a friend was already waiting for over 2 hours. We made it home in less than 15 minutes. Hopefully, on Monday, we will pick up our SIN, get to open our accounts, health cards and do on.

The weather has been interesting, yesterday, we experienced light rainfall in the morning, some hail and snow flakes and light sunshine in the afternoon. Drove around the neighborhood, and went out to convert some funds and to pick up money gram funds I sent before leaving nigeria...in all, the people are very friendly, the environment is beautiful.

So far so very good. To God be the glory!!!

Once again, thanks to this great family....God bless you all and perfect everyone's desire in Jesus Name...Amen

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations seunmsl7, Sazzy, Flosure, and Liss!!!

seunmsl7 said:
Good Morning My E-family OF God......AM HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE TO YOU THE RECEIPT OF OUR VISAS AND COPR DOCUMENTS...am indeed grateful for the assistance, directions and words of encouragements i got wen i needed answers to various question,

To Pipi's Husband....YOU WILL FOREVER REMAIN RELEVANT FOR YOUR GENERATION, everywhere you seek help you will find Grace, Neyobash i can't thank you enough for the smooth delivery of the documents, your ever friendly voice of help everytime i call you your story is been written and its full of successs in the Maple land. Ayobunmi05 thank you, Gentle Ace thank you, Pastor daniel, Martiba, to and every silent and active forum member.....1 thing i know everyone will surely have their documts its just a matter of time....

Praise the Lord!
Sazzy said:
I will lift up my voice ;D i will joyfully sing ;D, not for what you have done, but for who you are ;D.

VISA and CORP received today. On behalf of me, my son and family, i say a BIG thank you to GOD ALMIGHTY who made this a success, to PIPIS husband who never gets tired with necessary and unnecessary questions may God's favor continue to locate and pursue you. To Neyobash the comedian of the house always ready to assist, only JOY and prosperity you will know in your life in Jesus name. To tbaba, babygal, davido 2016, flosure, mabertia and so many i cannot remember due to excitement, God will continue to reign in your lives.
To my able e-family waiting for medicals, relax it would come and be very calm when it comes because your blood pressure would be read during the medical as mine initially read 187 /80+ and became scared because the nurse wrote it with a thick read ink but was Lucky to meet an understanding doctor that gave me two more chances for my nerves to calm down. Able e-family waiting for PPR and pick-up mail, relax it would come and also be careful not to shout / get excited too much so you do not over pack or under pack the required document.
We would all reap the benefits of the maple land. I feel gooooddd parararararara !! Phase 2 activated. TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!
Flosure said:
To the glory of God, today Monday, 25/04/2016; I announce that I just picked up our Canada Visas and CoPRs for my entire family. Visa issued on 13/04/2016.

All glory be to God Almighty. God I thank you for making this possible in the midst of worries, agitations, fears. God I praise your name and give glory to you.

I promised God that I was going to testify and that is what I just did below. Just patiently read my journey story.

The journey did not start today but started some years back.
2009: Applied for FSW but application returned because of inappropriate completion of forms.
2010: A colleague in the bank helped to package my application; again, CIC refused on the ground that my work experience did not match my NOC. Though my friend's application was successful.
2010: I applied for Quebec Skilled Worker. Quebec refused my application on the ground that my reference letter did not capture my work experience satisfactorily and according to requirements. The bank I worked for then refused to issue me the reference letter according to the format requested (similar to FSW reference letter requirements).
2014: I decided that my wife should apply as Principal Applicant for FSW2014; And now it has ended to the praise and glory of God with Visas & CoPRS in our hands.

The message here is that do not give up on your dreams. Keep pursuing and be persistent and surely you will have your dreams come true in your very eyes.

Thanks to all that have offered selfless advices and invaluable opinions at some point in time (even though I used a Canadian Agent). I cannot mention all, just a few.
Appreciation to Pipis Husband, Kollins, Kayb, Obinja, FEMOL, Mkbaba, Tbaba, Sisi Mee, Preferred, Lolesky, Ayobunmi05, Neyobash, DEWASCO, Rozorin, etc.

And I thank everyone who has been very instrumental in this journey. God bless you.

Finally, I pray that everyone will receive positive updates. Keep praying, believe in God, have faith and you will have the result.

My timeline is on the left.

Cheers.
Liss said:
With a grateful heart; With a song of praise
With an outstretched arm; I will bless Your name

Thank You Lord; I just wanna thank You Lord; Thank You Lord; I just wanna thank You Lord
Thank You Lord

To God alone be all glory and honour! Stamped passport and COPR picked up today from UPS.
Thanks, everyone for you have been a part of this journey.

MY STORY
I started dreaming of Canada when I was 8 years old when my parents bought us some foreign books that told stories of having fun in the snow. I remember reading the books over and over again and loving it every time. When I discovered the book was published in Toronto, Canada I told my siblings, parents and friends that I was going to live in Canada someday. ;D Little did I know that God was listening in and agreeing to my desire.

I discovered cic.gc.ca in 2008 when I saw my profession at the time was a part of the list but I had no POF at the time because I just started working. So I purposed to start planning and checking the website every now and then. Fast forward to 2012, I applied under QSW after learning French and doing my DELF exams only to have my application returned cos I did not sign pages 7 & 8. By the time I responded, QSW quota had closed. Imagine my devastation especially because there was no show for
FSW in 2012 which was why I turned to QSW.

In 2013 when my occupation was not on the list, I gave up on migrating to Canada and planned to concentrate on other things. Little did I know that God was still working on my file. When I saw David Cohen's newsletter saying FSW would open in May 2014 and with my occupation on it, I knew God was answering me that It is time.

Hold on to God and be sure He will perfect all that concerns you in His time.

God sent me plenty people to help me get to this point and just to name a few....Kollins, GentleAndrew, Preferred, NwaGod, Kayb, Gentleiphy, Flosure, Kingsley John and of course PH & Neyobash. Una too much! 8)

Liss

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations KINGSLEY JOHN and jethrokay!!!

KINGSLEY JOHN said:
To God be the glory.

We collected our PRV and COPR last Friday.

My sincere appreciation to everyone in this forum. Special thanks to PH, Tbaba, Liss, Sisi Mee, Silverblade and Luvmuma
jethrokay said:
My people,

I Just picked up my family passports with issued visa some minutes ago at the Akin Adesola VI office of DHL. To God be ALL the GLORY.

I appreciate everybody in this forum,each and everyone of you have been a great support.

All of us will laugh at last when it ends in praise.

Stay blessed

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations Gengtle Ace!!! I assume I shall soon come across your landing story as I play catch up on missed posts :)

Gentle Ace said:
My people to the glory of God I collected my visas and CoPR from UPS Warri office this afternoon. Many thanks to Neyobash for the wonderful and seamless job in getting the parcel for us.
Ose PH I hail KSA u too much sisi mee flosure thorndike and every other people I can not list out now u all know yourselves I say Daalu ni ooo ese pupo thanks a bunch.
For those still expect look at my case and say there's God. No lele it will all end in praise.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks much for this Preferred!!! +1,000 for you :)

Preferred said:
Congratulations to everyone with updates - Flosure, Thorndike4u, GentleAce, Sazzy (and every other person)...thanking God on your behalf.

For those waiting, I know say the thing no easy, but may you find strength and courage till your news come.

While you wait, please research and research and research. It is the same access we have to this forum that we need to check other stuff--housing, schooling for kids, jobs etc. When you land, everybody will always have an opinion, based on individual experience - which is never same. Your research will help you sift through the numerous pieces of advice you will get. Once you are a new immigrant, everyone would seem to know what is right for you. Some people have been helped by this, some confused, some mis-led

For those who still have time, create your job profile with a lot of organizations, when you start searching, the pressure becomes more and your patience wears out. Research well. Job search is a job on its own. With God, it becomes rewarding.

I can review resumes (if you have already done it to Canadian format) - you may take out the name of your org and all personal details. I was in HR at home and HR here too. Personally, I think www.indeed.ca is a good place to look for jobs, I use(d) all others too i.e Eluta, workoplois, monster etc

One final suggestion which may not apply to everyone, before you start work, try to save your POF very well to accommodate your rent for a few months. you may draw up your budget - Rent, car insurance, phone bill, plus feeding/groceries (this are recurring expenses) before you now start making initial investments on furniture and electronic gadgets.

Your initial one time expenses would most likely be the initial rent (first and last), beds, couch, freezer (the tomatoes we bought shortly after we landed is still what we are gradually consuming 8 months after, and a whole goat meat bought in November is still being consumed). Tomatoes are in abundance in Summer but almost extinct and so pricey in Winter. Buying a carton of chicken is almost 80% cheaper than buying in stores. people even share cow here. Some of this info I got on this forum, hence the only reason I am going into details. And remember you can always buy used products on kijiji (mattaress, electronics, kids bikes etc), we got our freezer and couch free there. Like I said, this info does not apply to everyone

One final thing, the general opinion is that you should always customise your resume before sending it out. I agree and disagree (my opinion). If for instance, you go through all the 15 pages of indeed/monster for an engineering role and you find 30 jobs you want to apply for, how long will it take you to customise? While customising, someone else is sending a resume as is, which will most likely be reviewed immediately and the initial short list may get filled before your well-customised resume comes in. So my thought, have a resume that has almost all the info and keywords for your field, churn it out as soon as adverts come out. Recruiters have targets, they dont wait till the 2 weeks timeline to start shortlisting. Have your resume on your mobile device and keep sending out. You never know which one would hit it. so the aim is to strike the ball as often as you can get it moving...When you have the time, please modify and customise - but do it quickly.

Wow, na greeting I wan greet o. I don turn am to epistle. :). I will proofread/edit this piece later. gotta run

All the best to everyone.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Congratulations anthonydebo!!!

anthonydebo said:
Unto Him that is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we may ask or think of. Truly, there is nothing difficult for Him to do. I finally received PRV (ugwu leaf :)) and COPR for me and my supportive spouse.
I want to thank God for finally giving me the graceful breakthrough and a story to share on this forum.
The journey all began in 2014, November 19 and came to a successful end on 18th May 2016.
The journey was so seamless until AVO requested for WAEC certificates etc in place of anticipated PPR mail, when PPR updates flooded the forum. I was truly confused but more in disarray when no response came in from this resourceful e-family. I felt like the end had come to Canada dream but the likes of PH, Kollins and Ed_b_good gave me their two cent and I was truthful with AVO to clear their doubt.
Finally, it has ended in praise and I thank you all for sharing your ideas and guiding us all. May God meet all our points of needs.
To everyone waiting for one update or the other, nothing is difficult for Him to do and surely at the appointed time, He will open the gates of updates.
Thank you all and God bless.
His grace endureth forever.
Cheers.

Congratulations SOTAJ, and thank God for journey mercies!!!

SOTAJ said:
Happy New month my people! This is SOTAJ reporting live from Calgary. We left Lagos aboard Egyptair. Had 3 flights in all. Los-Cairo (5hrs 5mins),Cairo-Toronto (11hrs+) and Toronto-Calgary (4hrs 30mins). The flighs were all good but the services on Cairo-Toronto leg were world class (I no know why e no be like that from Naija). Landing formalities were smooth. No POF was asked and we got our SIN within few minutes at Pearson airport (as advised by the Immigration officer since we had enuff time to our connecting flight to Calgary).

The weather has been friendly since we landed.

Congratulations tobesky86, and good luck with the final (for now :) ) shut down

tobesky86 said:
Finally, my PR card arrived!
I actually thought they were going to ask for a new passport photo so I took and kept on stand-by before leaving Canada but they never did since I landed on the 3rd of March.
However, only PR card came and my wife was asked to send new pictures.
I am doing my final plans to move fully in August and leave the Naija hustle behind for another 5years :)

Goodluck to the folks in the forum

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs &amp; salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017
Am so happy to see that the long pending review of my "eligibility status" is now in progress.
A little bit relieved after 6 months of "review required" status. AVO is silently working.MR in a bit...

Many thanks to PRIs post earlier