waived
Passport Req..
29/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
9th Sept 2016
adaghogho said:
COPR and Visa finally in hand! God be praise for it ended in praise.

My deep appreciate goes to everyone here especially Kollin & Solomowise who mentored me in the process of applying at Nairaland and via mails.
PipiHusband, creating this thread and your eagerness to help when one in boxed in a corner or confused is impeccable. You have always been dear and there for us.
Neyobash, I am just short of words cos the way you carry our matter for head nor get part2! you have been a blessing and I am grateful.
tbaba, You too much
Guyman123.. for keeping the laughter and smiles via your comic during the protracted break from AVO, thank you. Though we nor free see your break light again o abi you don go carry out your threat of slapping Mopol ni?
Technolee! My good friend, I appreciate you.

Everyone that contributes to this thread and the silent followers, you are duly recognized. May God bless you all.

For those awaiting one update or the other especially MR, I call it forth right now in Jesus Name, Amen.
Journey mercies to those travelling soon...

Maple leaf land is mine to explore and possess fully in Jesus name, Amen

There is ALWAYS a better way with God.
A hearty congratulations to you on the successful completion of this stage..

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
03-04-2016, PP sent 16-03-16 requested for clarification on account statement 30-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Ed_b_good said:
Culled this piece from internations.org https://www.internations.org/magazine/feeling-at-home-in-a-foreign-land-18831?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter_mails&utm_campaign=16_20160422&utm_content=memberContribution&rel=mailing. It is worth reading as we will all go through this phase, no matter how prepared or enthusiastic we are.

Feeling at Home in a Foreign Land

Moving to a different country is an exciting adventure for many. But when the excitement fades, what is left is often loneliness and feeling out of place. InterNations member Maggie knows these feelings all too well and has some advice on how to overcome them.

One of the things that we all have to deal with as expats in the first few months of relocating to a new place is that "fish out of water" feeling, that feeling of unfamiliarity when you walk down the street, walk into a mall or drive around the city. It's the feeling that makes you long for where you came from, and for familiar sounds, places, and faces. This feeling lasts longer for some than others.

Twice in my life now I have had to deal with that feeling. The first time was when I left Kenya many years ago. It was my first time out of the country and away from my family. Even though I lived with my older sister, I remember a lonesome existence in the first few weeks. Everything was new and should have been exciting, but I just did not identify with the place. The streets felt lonely, the social gatherings felt forced as people struggled to understand my accent, and I found myself many a times longing for my life back in Nairobi.

This all changed after talking to a friend of mine who had migrated to Canada before me. Over the phone, he told me that it was up to me to make the place my home, to train my brain to recognise the place as somewhere where I belonged. He gave me a few tips, but the one that resonated with me the most was that you had to start by identifying a place in that neighbourhood where you would visit frequently, whether it was a restaurant, a gym, or a mall. I decided to pick two places. I chose a library, and the nearest mall.

Go Out and Explore!

While I waited for certain paperwork to go through to allow me to start to work and study, I would get up at least twice a week and go to the library. I became a member and this allowed me to borrow books, movies, and basically anything I wanted. I would walk the same route daily and would stay there for at least two hours. Within no time, the librarian started recognising me and we went from polite nods of acknowledgement to friendly small talk.

After a few weeks, I changed the route I took to the library and started exploring short cuts. This way, I discovered other interesting places in the neighbourhood such as an antique shop, a small museum, and a bakery. I would make it a point to go into these places on certain days and I found that this gave me the confidence to talk to people and make friends. The fact that they recognised me made it easier for me to feel at home. Within a few months, I expanded my horizons and found myself starting to enjoy the city. Even though I missed home, I started calling Pittsburgh "home away from home"; and for about twelve years, it was my city.

Naturally, when I left Pittsburgh for Sydney, the same feelings of loneliness and unfamiliarity were there, but being a bit older and wiser, I knew what to do. Having taken up yoga in Pittsburgh, I decide to find a yoga studio in my suburb. I made a point of going three times a week. Because of my love for books, I joined the local library as soon as I could. When the yoga studio announced that they had an evening get-together at a local vegan restaurant on my first day, I decided to be bold enough to go. Sure, in the beginning it was awkward but I kept going and with time, the conversations got easier, and I even made some friends.

Advice for Homesick Expats

It has been a little bit over two years now since arriving in Sydney. The other day as I walked home after taking my son for a walk, I was debating which supermarket to stop at and buy some groceries. Out of nowhere, I had this flashback moment of days when I had no idea where anything was, when I would get so lost, and I used to feel so detached from the place. Now I cannot walk for more than a kilometer without running into a familiar face. I still miss my family and friends in Pittsburgh and Kenya but for now, Sydney is my home.

So, to people who struggle with homesickness and longing after moving to a new place, my advice is this:

1. Decide that the new place is home. Whether you are there for a month, a year or indefinitely, decide that you are going to dig your roots there. After all, home is where the heart is.

2. Identify a place or establishment that you can frequent on a regular basis. This can be a gym, a library, a coffee shop, a bakery, or a bookstore. Alternatively, join an activity group or class. Here, the goal is to "fake it till you make it". In the beginning, you might not feel comfortable in these places. Especially if it’s a social gathering of people who already know each other; but keep showing up. When I first attended that get-together at the vegan restaurant with my fellow yogis, I was the girl sitting in a corner who no one wanted to sit next to because it meant they'd have to make polite small talk while they missed out on the really interesting stuff from the rest of the group. I was determined to make sure that the first experience did not deter me, so the next time they met, I showed up again and with time, I was able to join in the conversations. So, do not be discouraged if you are in the corner of the room holding a glass of wine. Show up again and again, and do not be afraid to start a conversation.

3. Get to know your neighbourhood. Walk around a lot, or drive, and take different routes. This trains your brain to recognise the area, and once your brain recognises it, you immediately start to feel at ease.

4. Learn the culture or the history of a place. I always find it fascinating when I learn certain things about my new home. Especially if you do it at the local library and have the librarian tell you a bit of history.

5. And, of course, join and attend InterNations functions. You can’t go wrong with this.
Good one thanks Bro.

soundcode

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
9-MARCH-2015
Med's Request
X-JUNE-2016
Med's Done....
X-JUNE-2016
Interview........
WAIVED BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
X-JUNE-2016 BY GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
SOONEST
LANDED..........
SOONEST
Ed_b_good said:
Culled this piece from internations.org https://www.internations.org/magazine/feeling-at-home-in-a-foreign-land-18831?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter_mails&utm_campaign=16_20160422&utm_content=memberContribution&rel=mailing. It is worth reading as we will all go through this phase, no matter how prepared or enthusiastic we are.

Moving to a different country is an exciting adventure for many. But when the excitement fades, what is left is often loneliness and feeling out of place. InterNations member Maggie knows these feelings all too well and has some advice on how to overcome them.

One of the things that we all have to deal with as expats in the first few months of relocating to a new place is that "fish out of water" feeling, that feeling of unfamiliarity when you walk down the street, walk into a mall or drive around the city. It's the feeling that makes you long for where you came from, and for familiar sounds, places, and faces. This feeling lasts longer for some than others.

Twice in my life now I have had to deal with that feeling. The first time was when I left Kenya many years ago. It was my first time out of the country and away from my family. Even though I lived with my older sister, I remember a lonesome existence in the first few weeks. Everything was new and should have been exciting, but I just did not identify with the place. The streets felt lonely, the social gatherings felt forced as people struggled to understand my accent, and I found myself many a times longing for my life back in Nairobi.

This all changed after talking to a friend of mine who had migrated to Canada before me. Over the phone, he told me that it was up to me to make the place my home, to train my brain to recognise the place as somewhere where I belonged. He gave me a few tips, but the one that resonated with me the most was that you had to start by identifying a place in that neighbourhood where you would visit frequently, whether it was a restaurant, a gym, or a mall. I decided to pick two places. I chose a library, and the nearest mall.

Go Out and Explore!

While I waited for certain paperwork to go through to allow me to start to work and study, I would get up at least twice a week and go to the library. I became a member and this allowed me to borrow books, movies, and basically anything I wanted. I would walk the same route daily and would stay there for at least two hours. Within no time, the librarian started recognising me and we went from polite nods of acknowledgement to friendly small talk.

After a few weeks, I changed the route I took to the library and started exploring short cuts. This way, I discovered other interesting places in the neighbourhood such as an antique shop, a small museum, and a bakery. I would make it a point to go into these places on certain days and I found that this gave me the confidence to talk to people and make friends. The fact that they recognised me made it easier for me to feel at home. Within a few months, I expanded my horizons and found myself starting to enjoy the city. Even though I missed home, I started calling Pittsburgh "home away from home"; and for about twelve years, it was my city.

Naturally, when I left Pittsburgh for Sydney, the same feelings of loneliness and unfamiliarity were there, but being a bit older and wiser, I knew what to do. Having taken up yoga in Pittsburgh, I decide to find a yoga studio in my suburb. I made a point of going three times a week. Because of my love for books, I joined the local library as soon as I could. When the yoga studio announced that they had an evening get-together at a local vegan restaurant on my first day, I decided to be bold enough to go. Sure, in the beginning it was awkward but I kept going and with time, the conversations got easier, and I even made some friends.

It has been a little bit over two years now since arriving in Sydney. The other day as I walked home after taking my son for a walk, I was debating which supermarket to stop at and buy some groceries. Out of nowhere, I had this flashback moment of days when I had no idea where anything was, when I would get so lost, and I used to feel so detached from the place. Now I cannot walk for more than a kilometer without running into a familiar face. I still miss my family and friends in Pittsburgh and Kenya but for now, Sydney is my home.

So, to people who struggle with homesickness and longing after moving to a new place, my advice is this:

1. Decide that the new place is home. Whether you are there for a month, a year or indefinitely, decide that you are going to dig your roots there. After all, home is where the heart is.

2. Identify a place or establishment that you can frequent on a regular basis. This can be a gym, a library, a coffee shop, a bakery, or a bookstore. Alternatively, join an activity group or class. Here, the goal is to "fake it till you make it". In the beginning, you might not feel comfortable in these places. Especially if it’s a social gathering of people who already know each other; but keep showing up. When I first attended that get-together at the vegan restaurant with my fellow yogis, I was the girl sitting in a corner who no one wanted to sit next to because it meant they'd have to make polite small talk while they missed out on the really interesting stuff from the rest of the group. I was determined to make sure that the first experience did not deter me, so the next time they met, I showed up again and with time, I was able to join in the conversations. So, do not be discouraged if you are in the corner of the room holding a glass of wine. Show up again and again, and do not be afraid to start a conversation.

3. Get to know your neighbourhood. Walk around a lot, or drive, and take different routes. This trains your brain to recognise the area, and once your brain recognises it, you immediately start to feel at ease.

4. Learn the culture or the history of a place. I always find it fascinating when I learn certain things about my new home. Especially if you do it at the local library and have the librarian tell you a bit of history.

5. And, of course, join and attend InterNations functions. You can’t go wrong with this.
That's a good piece, Ed. Very handy, thanks.

soundcode

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
9-MARCH-2015
Med's Request
X-JUNE-2016
Med's Done....
X-JUNE-2016
Interview........
WAIVED BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
X-JUNE-2016 BY GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
SOONEST
LANDED..........
SOONEST
Easyjay said:
Dear wonderful forum family members Congratulations to all with d latest positive updates viz : Saint even, Omolara, Djdy etc
For all of us dat are still expecting one form of update or the other though today seem to be so quiet
Don't U worry today's quietness is a preparation for the forthcoming heavy downpour of updates tomorrow. I HEREBY DECLARE A SUPERNATURAL RELEASE OF YOUR EXPECTATIONS RECEIVE IT NOW.
Oyah shout AMEN!!!!!! Like thunder.

Amen!!! Firrrrrrreeeeeeeee!
Amen oooo

CHARMBELLE

Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
10-07-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
Very soon
Ed_b_good said:

Go Out and Explore!

Good stuff...

kelzwealth

Apr 4, 2016
Ed_b_good said:

Go Out and Explore!

Thank u

kelzwealth

Apr 4, 2016
All glory goes to God as my family yesterday joined the growing number of people in this E-Family that has collected our Visas/Copr. It is truely a wonderful experience after almost 2years of anxiety, waiting and praying. Special thanks goes to all the seniors in this forum particularly PH who were committed to this forum sharing relevant and useful informations that helped others aviod some mistakes. To everyone who had contributed at one time or the other that has kept this forum alive I salute you all and pray for Gods continued blessings.

To all those still awaiting positive updates just hang on our God is faithful to finish the good things he had started in our lives.

@ph now I understand your landing story better, after getting the visas it just seem all the things in my house had doubled lol I dont know where to start evacuating from.

Planned landing in May canada here we come. I luv this E-family God bless you all.

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
03-04-2016, PP sent 16-03-16 requested for clarification on account statement 30-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
kelzwealth said:
All glory goes to God as my family yesterday joined the growing number of people in this E-Family that has collected our Visas/Copr. It is truely a wonderful experience after almost 2years of anxiety, waiting and praying. Special thanks goes to all the seniors in this forum particularly PH who were committed to this forum sharing relevant and useful informations that helped others aviod some mistakes. To everyone who had contributed at one time or the other that has kept this forum alive I salute you all and pray for Gods continued blessings.

To all those still awaiting positive updates just hang on our God is faithful to finish the good things he had started in our lives.

@ph now I understand your landing story better, after getting the visas it just seem all the things in my house had doubled lol I dont know where to start evacuating from.

Planned landing in May canada here we come. I luv this E-family God bless you all.
Kelzwealth, CONGRATULAAAAAAAATIOOOOOOOONS!!!!

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
Mabertia said:
I stumbled across this and I am sharing it here especially for already landed and about to land forum members.

http://census.gc.ca/ccr16d/ccr16d-03/ccr16d-03_000-eng.html
Hey!! good man Mabert, dats a nice one.

MzWillz

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
POF 08-08-2015
Nomination.....
06-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
23-08-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Congrats to everyone with updates. God has done it and will still do it for us. For those waiting, fret not it will be done. Every delay is for a purpose, my MR delay was for a reason, I got married last weekend something I never thought would happen before I leave Naija, if my timeline was as projected, I probably would have left Naija a single lady, lol. But God always has a plan. To all MR faithfuls, I join my faith with yours to pronounce that God will do it for us at the appointed time. Shalom.

Easyjay

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-16-2014
Nomination.....
10-23-2014
AOR Received.
11-18-2015
IELTS Request
INCLUDED FROM INCEPTION
File Transfer...
01-28-2015
Med's Request
07-30-2015
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
JULY 2016
MzWillz said:
Congrats to everyone with updates. God has done it and will still do it for us. For those waiting, fret not it will be done. Every delay is for a purpose, my MR delay was for a reason, I got married last weekend something I never thought would happen before I leave Naija, if my timeline was as projected, I probably would have left Naija a single lady, lol. But God always has a plan. To all MR faithfuls, I join my faith with yours to pronounce that God will do it for us at the appointed time. Shalom.
Congrats on your wedding, the Lord will sure see U thru this journey Ur hopes and aspirations will never be disappointed.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
MzWillz said:
Congrats, happy married life.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
kelzwealth said:

LOL, congrats once again kelzwealth. Your journey ahead will surely be sweeter, all the best as you prepare to land :)

dapsayray

Nov 29, 2014
kelzwealth said:

Congrats and happy marital life. May our expectations come through for us speedily in Jesus name. Amen

MCPHEMS

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Nomination.....
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
Hello people, my wife and I landed in Calgary on the 22nd of April. It was a smooth but long trip. We flew on klm via Amsterdam. We had to wait for 7 hrs to connect to Calgary. It was a long boring wait.

We landed in YYC at about 2.40pm (an hr late due to extreme weather conditions). The immigration officer directed us to another room marked with a big "A". We were attended to by a friendly immigration officer named woods. He collected our disembarkment card and travel documents, gave me a copy of form b4 to fill. He stamped the form and gave me a copy to keep. No questions on funds we were carrying nor pof. After signing the Copr, he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen.He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or three months.

We could not register for our SIN before leaving the airport as we were exhausted and a friend was already waiting for over 2 hours. We made it home in less than 15 minutes. Hopefully, on Monday, we will pick up our SIN, get to open our accounts, health cards and do on.

The weather has been interesting, yesterday, we experienced light rainfall in the morning, some hail and snow flakes and light sunshine in the afternoon. Drove around the neighborhood, and went out to convert some funds and to pick up money gram funds I sent before leaving nigeria...in all, the people are very friendly, the environment is beautiful.

So far so very good. To God be the glory!!!

Once again, thanks to this great family....God bless you all and perfect everyone's desire in Jesus Name...Amen