+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

hagnes

Jun 18, 2015
Dear All,

I need to ask the house for some clarifications :

1.We have received our visas but wife is due within a week so we are not sure if KLM will allow us on board?

2. If we have the baby and later send the baby's passport to AVO, is AVO going to ask for medical for newborn cos our visa is expiring June and baby need to get the visa before that time (baby will be around 11-12 weeks that time).

3.We are heading to calgary, alberta, we can do with some help on housing. already emailed 2 agents but nothing yet.

Thanks for expected response.

sppeeddoo

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
Looking forward to hearing more good news this coming week for all members expecting one form of correspondence or the other.

When you have a God that is too Faithful to fail, you just cant help but have faith. As my pastor once said "Faith is one whose words always seem a lie but nevertheless comes true in the end"; because it calls those things that are not as though they were.

By the way the first half of the journey is coming to an end for my family as i just noticed "decision made" on my ECAS.

Aguasa

Mar 16, 2016
Guyman1234 said:
Got my visa and copr today. I bet that's the fastest pick up to delivery ever. Ups and neyobash una too much. Guys as una dey collect una PPR pick up mail, or send any correspondence, you guys know what to do: just holla at your boy.

Levels don change from 2nite o. I fit slap mopo now, abuse soldier in fact Wetin I no go fit do . Any ways Na God o. All the glory belongs to almighty Jehovah.
Guyman na you I happy for pass oh, I remember some few days ago. I wish you success in the Maple country

Aguasa

Mar 16, 2016
lahdee said:
Big congrats to everyone with positive updates so far.
Please guys have December applicants been getting MRs?. I have been MIA for a while now and the posts are too many, I can't read them all. I'm a December applicant awaiting MR.
Thank you.
We still dey wait oh!!! I no know which kind patience be this, but I guess that is what We are expected to exercise.

MCPHEMS

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Nomination.....
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
Jamezo78 said:
Pls which branch of this bank can I apply for the PTA? Have been to their branches in Ibadan but they all seems not to have information on this PTA thing. Quick response will be appreciated
Try Fidelity Bank Dugbe...one beside Gtb Dugbe. I was told it will take 5 days.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Jiogill said:
Hi Labiz0001,

My Degree: Electrical & Electronics Engineering......
I studied the duties of NOC 2133 as given on CIC weside.

1) My duties(3.0 years exp) of Electrical Equipment/System Installation are clearly falling under NOC 2133. I don't have any doubt. I know these falls under 2133.

2) My duties(Current 1.5 years exp) in telecommunication industry as RF engineer(Duties: Operation & Maintenance of Wireless telecommunication or Radio Equipment/system like BTS, ENOD B, RRH ect)), I don't know whether these will fall under NOC 2133 or not? ......

My Doubts:
a) NOC 2133: There is mentioned many times Electrical & Electronics Equipment and systems like installation and operation of Electrical & Electronics Equipment and systems , Investigate failure of Electrical & Electronics Equipment and systems .... I don’t have any doubt on electrical equipment and systems, but I have doubt on ELECTRONICS euipment…............…I don’t know which kind of these ELECTRONICS equipment are mentioned in NOC 2133… Logically Telecom or Wireless Radio Equipment are also electronic equipment…....these equipment also called electronic communications equipment as per link below. Cell site means telecom tower…...

b) NOC 2133: It is also mentioned some words like Electronic communications , instrumentations, and control system, equipment and components. I am in doubt whether yellow highlight word include the telecom industry. I mean telecommunication equipment also.

c) NOC 2147(Computer and telecommunication Hardware Engineer): It is mentioned some titles like Telecommunication engineer, Wireless communications engineer, Telecommunication hardware engineer, all the duties seems very closely to hardware something…...
I was constantly changing duties as well. What I did was to choose my present duties as the NOC then listed the other duties and their NOC too and the period I was performing those duties and all added up to the number of years I have worked.

Jamezo78

Jul 11, 2015
MCPHEMS said:
Try Fidelity Bank Dugbe...one beside Gtb Dugbe. I was told it will take 5 days.
A
Pls house any branch of gtb, FBN, zenith, Diamond or stanbic where I can get PTA. I don't mind going to lagos.
Thanks.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations hagnes on your visa and COPR issuance.

I will advice you IMMEDIATELY fly out and do your landing, otherwise including your baby at this stage that visa has been issued will be a process I am sure you wont want to go through. Of cause you know you baby will automatically become a Canadian Citizen by birth if born in Canada.
Try other Airlines if Lufthansa wont agree, I just checked Emirates Airline and there are flights from either Abuja or Lagos on Tuesday 5th via Dubai to Calgary with a change over in Toronto http://fly4.emirates.com/CAB/IBE/ReviewItinerary.aspx OR http://fly4.emirates.com/CAB/IBE/ReviewItinerary.aspx.

Let us know how it goes, wishing your wife the safest of delivery.

hagnes said:
Dear All,

1.We have received our visas but wife is due within a week so we are not sure if KLM will allow us on board?

2. If we have the baby and later send the baby's passport to AVO, is AVO going to ask for medical for newborn cos our visa is expiring June and baby need to get the visa before that time (baby will be around 11-12 weeks that time).

3.We are heading to calgary, alberta, we can do with some help on housing. already emailed 2 agents but nothing yet.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
hagnes said:
Dear All,

1.We have received our visas but wife is due within a week so we are not sure if KLM will allow us on board?I've already addressed this issue in the PM you sent to me. If you can't get a medical report certifying your wife is safe to fly, no airline will allow you board with her at such late term unless you get a private jet.

2. If we have the baby and later send the baby's passport to AVO, is AVO going to ask for medical for newborn cos our visa is expiring June and baby need to get the visa before that time (baby will be around 11-12 weeks that time). if you have the baby in Nigeria you will be required to return your current COPR and passports and your visa will be cancelled. Your file will have to be processed again because of the addition of your baby to your family situation. Then you will be instructed to do medicals for the baby when he's strong enough, show evidence of POF for your new family size and also pay application fee for the child

3.We are heading to calgary, alberta, we can do with some help on housing. already emailed 2 agents but nothing yet. Contact the landed seniors living in Alberta directly like KSA, kollins and Frances. Send them PMs

See above, I suggest you move fast on your wife's 'safe to fly' report.

olufemy1

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
Med's Request
Upfront - 01-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront- 01-06-2016
Passport Req..
02-29-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
15-03-2016
I want to congratulate those who have already received Passport request mail. If you are landing in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC, Winnipeg MB, Regina SK and if you are going to Ottawa ON; and you need a pick up to your destination and any other assistance especially those who are ANGLICAN members, please contact the following people they will be glad to pick you up and drop you at your desire location and render neccessary assistance.

Toronto
Rev. Canon Olufemi Olajide
+1647-460-3594

Ottawa
Rev. Canon Felix Oyinlola
+1613-262-6541
Barrister Adeyemo
+1613-890-4282

Vancouver
Rev. Dayo Fasan
+1604-722-1970

Regina SK
Ven. Kay Adebogun
+1306-581-8224
Rev. Kunle Odumosu
+1306-351-7397

Winnipeg
Ven. Davies Adebiyi
+1204-962-1836

Rev. Canon Matthew Olufemi Olajide

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
crazyluv said:
Congratulations everyone with updates. MR in a bit
i pray so. this waiting is not easy

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
lahdee said:
Big congrats to everyone with positive updates so far.
Please guys have December applicants been getting MRs?. I have been MIA for a while now and the posts are too many, I can't read them all. I'm a December applicant awaiting MR.
Thank you.
not yet....we have been waiting for AVO...lets hope that this month they will remember us for good IJN

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
bolaopemire said:
I was constantly changing duties as well. What I did was to choose my present duties as the NOC then listed the other duties and their NOC too and the period I was performing those duties and all added up to the number of years I have worked.
Yes this is good idea, but for Maniotoba EOI, there is no option for multiple NOC.....they just asked simple quetion''what is your current occupation''

and in the next page: how many number of experience do you have in last five years''

Only this ...plz advise

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
hagnes said:
Dear All,

Try Airfrance but get your doctor report ready that she can fly

Godswill2016

Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
28-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
13-10-2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
31-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
It will surely come
SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It's with great joy that I announce the receipt of visas and COPR for my family today (courtesy of Neyobash).

Hmmm......... my Canadian dream quest was not devoid of ups and downs as in the case of other applicants, but sharing my little experience may be the motivation that somebody out there might need to keep him/her going in pursuing the dream.

My Canadian immigration idea started sometime in the year 2011 when it just occured to me that, emigrating from my present Country to Canada may be the most appropriate step in getting out of the seemingly irreparable mess the Country was in.

In 2012, I tried the student visa route ( I applied to some Universities in Canada for PG studies) without luck.

Then I positioned myself for the 2013 stream of the FSW with all my documents ready. Only for CIC to introduce credential evaluation in that year and WES did not get my certificate evaluated until after like 5 months into the 2013 program when the slots were almost filled up and the NOC I had planned to put in for was already filled :mad:

In June 2013, I applied for the ''Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative" program in Manitoba. Also without luck. ;D

I had to go back to the drawing table ;D

In Jan 2014, I applied for the Saskatchewan ''In Demand'' program but was not lucky enough to be picked.

Same 2014, March. I applied for Nova Scotia Nominee Program (Without Job Offer). Also without luck. Hmmmm.......

Then came May 2014. When the FSW stream was again opened. I fired my application much early (I already had all the required documents) and it got to CIO on the 20th of May, 2014 only for my package to be returned after over 100 days in Sept 2014 on the ground that I did not include a copy of my B.SC certificate (funny enough the copy was in the package returned to me :eek:). The devil is a liar!

Well, because I knew It's not over until it's over; I resent my package in October 2014 with a well worded cover note and it got to CIO on the 8th of October 2014.

Fast forwarded to July 2015, the MR came on the 10th of July and we had our medical examination on the 24th of July, 2015.

The great wait began........ ;D

Then, the devil struck..........I lost my better half :'(. only for PPR to stroll in exactly 17 days after her demise.

Well, all glory to the Most High as we got the visa at the appointed time even though several obstacles were faced along the line and it would have been of greater joy if my wife was here to share in the actualization of the dream :'(

I decided to share my story to encourage everyone still expecting one update or another from AVO/CIC to keep the hope alive.

The Canadian dream is not for the soft hearted. You have to be determined, dogged and keep going until you achieve your goal.

I would like to once again thank everybody (space will not permit me to start mentioning names) that has been of help in one way or the other especially Pipis Husband, for creating the Nigerian thread.

See you all at the top in Canada!
Alias the journey of Man!
Stay strong Sotaj for the Lord will not leave you.