Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Got my visa and copr today. I bet that's the fastest pick up to delivery ever. Ups and neyobash una too much. Guys as una dey collect una PPR pick up mail, or send any correspondence, you guys know what to do: just holla at your boy.

Levels don change from 2nite o. I fit slap mopo now, abuse soldier in fact Wetin I no go fit do . Any ways Na God o. All the glory belongs to almighty Jehovah.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Guyman1234 said:
Got my visa and copr today. I bet that's the fastest pick up to delivery ever. Ups and neyobash una too much. Guys as una dey collect una PPR pick up mail, or send any correspondence, you guys know what to do: just holla at your boy.

Levels don change from 2nite o. I fit slap mopo now, abuse soldier in fact Wetin I no go fit do . Any ways Na God o. All the glory belongs to almighty Jehovah.
Congrats on the succesful end of the application phase, we thank God

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Hmmmmm Guyman1234 I just dey laugh for here, I remember your situation just about 3 weeks back. God bless the day you received you Visa and COPR

Guyman1234 said:

Innercircle

Oct 30, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
Awaiting
Guyman1234 said:

Congrats Guyman!

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Mabertia said:
Hmmmmm Guyman1234 I just dey laugh for here, I remember your situation just about 3 weeks back. God bless the day you received you Visa and COPR
A big amen to that blessing. Thanks a much.

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Congratulations SOTAJ, may God Almighty grant you the needed resources to provide for the children He has blessed you with. Only He can console and strengthen you. We will look out for you in Canada.

Stay blessed brother.

SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It's with great joy that I announce the receipt of visas and COPR for my family today (courtesy of Neyobash).

Hmmm......... my Canadian dream quest was not devoid of ups and downs as in the case of other applicants, but sharing my little experience may be the motivation that somebody out there might need to keep him/her going in pursuing the dream.

My Canadian immigration idea started sometime in the year 2011 when it just occured to me that, emigrating from my present Country to Canada may be the most appropriate step in getting out of the seemingly irreparable mess the Country was in.

In 2012, I tried the student visa route ( I applied to some Universities in Canada for PG studies) without luck.

Then I positioned myself for the 2013 stream of the FSW with all my documents ready. Only for CIC to introduce credential evaluation in that year and WES did not get my certificate evaluated until after like 5 months into the 2013 program when the slots were almost filled up and the NOC I had planned to put in for was already filled :mad:

In June 2013, I applied for the ''Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative" program in Manitoba. Also without luck. ;D

I had to go back to the drawing table ;D

In Jan 2014, I applied for the Saskatchewan ''In Demand'' program but was not lucky enough to be picked.

Same 2014, March. I applied for Nova Scotia Nominee Program (Without Job Offer). Also without luck. Hmmmm.......

Then came May 2014. When the FSW stream was again opened. I fired my application much early (I already had all the required documents) and it got to CIO on the 20th of May, 2014 only for my package to be returned after over 100 days in Sept 2014 on the ground that I did not include a copy of my B.SC certificate (funny enough the copy was in the package returned to me :eek:). The devil is a liar!

Well, because I knew It's not over until it's over; I resent my package in October 2014 with a well worded cover note and it got to CIO on the 8th of October 2014.

Fast forwarded to July 2015, the MR came on the 10th of July and we had our medical examination on the 24th of July, 2015.

The great wait began........ ;D

Then, the devil struck..........I lost my better half :'(. only for PPR to stroll in exactly 17 days after her demise.

Well, all glory to the Most High as we got the visa at the appointed time even though several obstacles were faced along the line and it would have been of greater joy if my wife was here to share in the actualization of the dream :'(

I decided to share my story to encourage everyone still expecting one update or another from AVO/CIC to keep the hope alive.

The Canadian dream is not for the soft hearted. You have to be determined, dogged and keep going until you achieve your goal.

I would like to once again thank everybody (space will not permit me to start mentioning names) that has been of help in one way or the other especially Pipis Husband, for creating the Nigerian thread.

See you all at the top in Canada!

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Guyman1234 said:

Nice one bro. All glory to Baba God.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It's with great joy that I announce the receipt of visas and COPR for my family todas in the case of other applicants, but sharing my little experience may be the motivation thnly for CIC to introduce credential evaluation in that year and WES did not get my certificate evaluated until after like 5 months into the 2013 program when the slots were .....enough the copy was in the package returned to me :eek:). The devil is a lia

Well, all glory to the Most High as we got the visa at the appointed time even though several obstacles were faced along the line and it would have been of greater joy if my wife was here to share in the actualization of the dream :
I decided to share my story to encourage everyone still expecting one update or another from AVO/CIC to keep the hope alive.

The Canadian dream is not for the soft hearted. You have to be determined, dogged and keep going until you achieve your goal.

I would like to once again thank everybody (space will not permit me to start mentioning names) that has been of help in one way or the other especially Pipis Husband, for creating the Nigerian thread.

See you all at the top in Canada!
Its indeed a long journey, praise God it ended in praise

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Guyman1234 said:

All the best in phase 2. Congratulations n no more drama o

MCPHEMS

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Nomination.....
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
Guyman1234 said:

Congrats guyman

elijahovat

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-14
Doc's Request.
19-06-15
Med's Request
16-07-15
Med's Done....
21-07-15
Passport Req..
26-02-16
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-16
Guyman1234 said:

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
tyshow said:
Quick Tip for you folks heading to Canada soon to land your job as I did within 3 months

1) I presume you all have your credentials assessed, you need to include this with every job application you submit. This is how you can make the recruiters job easy that your educational experience is in line with what is attained here.

2) The term CV should be expunged. We use the terminology Resume's here. Format your resume in a chronological style (at least that worked for me). The wordings on your resume should be in 2nd persons' using actionable words like "Facilitated the audit of several accounts" with Facilitated here being the actionable word.

3) Highlight achievements in your previous job description using metrics to proof this e.g could be "Achieved and surpassed marketing targets by overturning a deficit which was in the department for months before I arrived by recording a 30% growth in sales within first month of assignment".

4) keep an excel spreadsheet of all the jobs you have applied for. The last thing you want is for a recruiter to call you on the phone making reference to a job you applied for. To leave a first impression, you've got to be able to recall on the call the job title, date applied for, job duties and why you were so keen to apply for it. If you haven't kept a log, you will fluff your lines and leave a negative impression on the recruiter.

5) Be prepared for a minimum (2) rounds of interview; could be by skpe, go-to meeting or citrix as your first interview over the PC. Yes do not be deterred from applying for jobs outside the province you are settled in. They are quite flexible with this approach as everyone knows Canada is a huge country.

6) Your LinkedIn profile should be formatted in a professional manner.

7) You should possess soft skills and try to soften your accent. They can be prejudicial if your accent is difficult to be understood.

8) A couple of sites to check for job ads which include: eluta.ca, linkedin job search, indeed.ca, Workopolis.ca, monster.ca. Also check the provincial and municipal websites for jobs placement ads.

9) Cover Letters are crucial. Read the job description and highlight in your cover letter previous experience you have that demonstrates you are a candidate for the job.

I came here to Edmonton, Alberta last year in November. I didn't a get until about second week in February though but within this interval from Nov-Feb, had about five interviews. God was faithful that even when I did eventually get a job, I quitted after a week as I got an even rewarding and high profile job within the provincial government. My wife was smarter than me; she landed a job within two weeks!

I intend to write a blog post to elaborate on how to land your first job during the weekend. Please kindly visit my blog at
www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com and do not forget to subscribe to be notified by email whenever a new post is published. Feel free to leave me a comment there and I will respond to emails within 24 hrs.

Good luck everyone :)
nice one thanks

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
Tario...34 said:
Hello everyone and welcome to a new month of great joy and happiness. Three of my friends from my noc not in the forum have received their ppr and pickups. So its all celebration all around me. But the question everyone is asking is how to get the dollars with present exchange rate! Please if you have any suggestions that will be helpful kindly share. Thanks.

Well, for those of us still waiting patiently buckle up as this is our month for sure. Keep in mind that God's time is the best.
how re u doing...... we share same day...our MR will come IJN. Amen

I understand how you feel. Just keep smiling and be expectant. What you think that is far from you is actually near. Good news will come to you all that are waiting.

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
Guyman1234 said:

Dancing shoki for your head jare. Ko easy rara. After all the wait. Congratulations brotherly. It has ended in praise

technolee

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nothing as such
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Interview........
Nothing as such
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
6th November 2015 (7:10 pm local time)
Guyman1234 said:

I pity you my friend.
Go slap Mopol and make them to come search your house to see what is making you go high!
your visa and copr would be torn right before your nose ;D
Congratulations to you my boy!