Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
28th May 2016
SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It's with great joy that I announce the receipt of visas and COPR for my family today (courtesy of Neyobash).

Hmmm......... my Canadian dream quest was not devoid of ups and downs as in the case of other applicants, but sharing my little experience may be the motivation that somebody out there might need to keep him/her going in pursuing the dream.

My Canadian immigration idea started sometime in the year 2011 when it just occured to me that, emigrating from my present Country to Canada may be the most appropriate step in getting out of the seemingly irreparable mess the Country was in.

I share in your joy. Please continue to look unto God who has brought you this far.

In 2012, I tried the student visa route ( I applied to some Universities in Canada for PG studies) without luck.

Then I positioned myself for the 2013 stream of the FSW with all my documents ready. Only for CIC to introduce credential evaluation in that year and WES did not get my certificate evaluated until after like 5 months into the 2013 program when the slots were almost filled up and the NOC I had planned to put in for was already filled :mad:

In June 2013, I applied for the ''Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative" program in Manitoba. Also without luck. ;D

I had to go back to the drawing table ;D

In Jan 2014, I applied for the Saskatchewan ''In Demand'' program but was not lucky enough to be picked.

Same 2014, March. I applied for Nova Scotia Nominee Program (Without Job Offer). Also without luck. Hmmmm.......

Then came May 2014. When the FSW stream was again opened. I fired my application much early (I already had all the required documents) and it got to CIO on the 20th of May, 2014 only for my package to be returned after over 100 days in Sept 2014 on the ground that I did not include a copy of my B.SC certificate (funny enough the copy was in the package returned to me :eek:). The devil is a liar!

Well, because I knew It's not over until it's over; I resent my package in October 2014 with a well worded cover note and it got to CIO on the 8th of October 2014.

Fast forwarded to July 2015, the MR came on the 10th of July and we had our medical examination on the 24th of July, 2015.

The great wait began........ ;D

Then, the devil struck..........I lost my better half :'(. only for PPR to stroll in exactly 17 days after her demise.

Well, all glory to the Most High as we got the visa at the appointed time even though several obstacles were faced along the line and it would have been of greater joy if my wife was here to share in the actualization of the dream :'(

I decided to share my story to encourage everyone still expecting one update or another from AVO/CIC to keep the hope alive.

The Canadian dream is not for the soft hearted. You have to be determined, dogged and keep going until you achieve your goal.

I would like to once again thank everybody (space will not permit me to start mentioning names) that has been of help in one way or the other especially Pipis Husband, for creating the Nigerian thread.

See you all at the top in Canada!

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It's with great joy that I announce the receipt of visas and COPR for my family today (courtesy of Neyobash).

Hmmm......... my Canadian dream quest was not devoid of ups and downs as in the case of other applicants, but sharing my little experience may be the motivation that somebody out there might need to keep him/her going in pursuing the dream.

My Canadian immigration idea started sometime in the year 2011 when it just occured to me that, emigrating from my present Country to Canada may be the most appropriate step in getting out of the seemingly irreparable mess the Country was in.

In 2012, I tried the student visa route ( I applied to some Universities in Canada for PG studies) without luck.

Then I positioned myself for the 2013 stream of the FSW with all my documents ready. Only for CIC to introduce credential evaluation in that year and WES did not get my certificate evaluated until after like 5 months into the 2013 program when the slots were almost filled up and the NOC I had planned to put in for was already filled :mad:

In June 2013, I applied for the ''Morden's Community Driven Immigration Initiative" program in Manitoba. Also without luck. ;D

In Jan 2014, I applied for the Saskatchewan ''In Demand'' program but was not lucky enough to be picked.

Same 2014, March. I applied for Nova Scotia Nominee Program (Without Job Offer). Also without luck. Hmmmm.......

Then came May 2014. When the FSW stream was again opened. I fired my application much early (I already had all the required documents) and it got to CIO on the 20th of May, 2014 only for my package to be returned after over 100 days in Sept 2014 on the ground that I did not include a copy of my B.SC certificate (funny enough the copy was in the package returned to me :eek:). The devil is a liar!

Well, because I knew It's not over until it's over; I resent my package in October 2014 with a well worded cover note and it got to CIO on the 8th of October 2014.

Fast forwarded to July 2015, the MR came on the 10th of July and we had our medical examination on the 24th of July, 2015.

Then, the devil struck..........I lost my better half :'(. only for PPR to stroll in exactly 17 days after her demise.

Well, all glory to the Most High as we got the visa at the appointed time even though several obstacles were faced along the line and it would have been of greater joy if my wife was here to share in the actualization of the dream :'(

I decided to share my story to encourage everyone still expecting one update or another from AVO/CIC to keep the hope alive.

The Canadian dream is not for the soft hearted. You have to be determined, dogged and keep going until you achieve your goal.

I would like to once again thank everybody (space will not permit me to start mentioning names) that has been of help in one way or the other especially Pipis Husband, for creating the Nigerian thread.

What can we say other than 'THANK YOU LORD' for your testimony.

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
@Sotaj, your post got me really emotional, but of course God knows best. May you find fulfillment in your new home. Go and conquer!

SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

twentyfourseven

Jun 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everybody who has received MR & PPR.

May the next phase be smoother than ever.

Baba God me too want receive alert ooh.

codedguy31

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Very very Soon...I'm waiting too

twentyfourseven said:
Congratulations to everybody who has received MR & PPR.

May the next phase be smoother than ever.

Baba God me too want receive alert ooh.

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
davido2016 said:
To HIM who sitheth in heaven and ruleth on the affairs of man,
To HIM who maketh ways when all hopes were lost,
to HIM who knows the ending from the beginning,
to HIM who was,who is and who is to come,
our ever present help and hope of greater tomorrow
to God Almighty be all the glory , for bringing us thus far!

I wish to announce the receipt of our PPR today.
Special regards to people like like Thondike and Sace who calmed me down when I received COA 3days ago without PPR.This forum has been very helpful.

Surprisingly DHL was recommended for me and I am to pay prepaid unlike what I usually see on the forum.probably because I am not resident in Nija at the moment.

I pray that the good Lord will smile on all of us awaiting one update or the other.
It will surely end in praise.

sorry i have been struggling with spreadsheet.
here is my timeline

APP filed-17/11/2014
PER-14/02/2015
Meds request-11-09-2015
Meds done-02-10-2015
PPR-31-03-2016

Big congrats Davido

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It is well Baba mi, Oluwa lo nse oungbogbo....but on the flip side I tried all that same route except putting in application for the student visa, its all good,you can smile for the camera now (blink)

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

It is well with you bro, your better half is in a better place, and God will surely compensate you in a bigger way. It is well with you

pwettypwecious

Star Member
May 30, 2015
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/12/2014
Doc's Request.
14/9/2015
Nomination.....
19/2/2015
AOR Received.
nil
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19/2/2015
Med's Request
14/9/2015
Med's Done....
21/9/2015
LANDED..........
By GOD's grace
Thanks so much for the response . @ bolaopemire and ed-b-good. I do appreciate. Guess I'll just keep hoping and praying.

luvmuma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Port Harcourt
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09.12.2014 PER 25.2.15
Doc's Request.
22.09.15 PCC,Schedule A form, landing fees receipt of payment
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
Congratulations to everyone who has received PPR or Visas and COPR (especially my sis dem; Calgarychic and my co Iyaibeji.)
I'm trusting God for my own testimony soon.

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
luvmuma said:
Congratulations to everyone who has received PPR or Visas and COPR (especially my sis dem; Calgarychic and my co Iyaibeji.)
I'm trusting God for my own testimony soon.
Your PPR is very much around the corner.

djdy

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 12, 2014
Med's Request
August 4, 2015
Med's Done....
August 6, 2015
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
29/2/2016 ; resent 16/3/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/4/2016
A Never Say Die Story. God bless u and your family Sotaj. Wishing u great success in canada.
Jumah Mubarak my brethren and sisthren

SOTAJ said:
Hello House,

yomsville

Oct 19, 2015
I want to say a big congratulations to all folks that have received their medical and visas issued. I thank God for your life..

I pray that those of us looking up to God for Medicals, we shall get a notification shortly for medicals.

Please continue to encourage others with vital information. Honestly, you guys that start planning for greater things going forward.

Is like, i am stock here, cannot do anything, cannot spend my money how i like because of fear of being ask to provide proof of funds and all. Exchange rates on the high side, not being able to get forex from bank and all.

It is well.

Congratulations once more to y'all - all the applicant of FSW 2014 - you guys are blessed beyond measure.

luvmuma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Port Harcourt
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09.12.2014 PER 25.2.15
Doc's Request.
22.09.15 PCC,Schedule A form, landing fees receipt of payment
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
KINGSLEY JOHN said:
Your PPR is very much around the corner.
Thanks my brother.
It's good to have people like you who respond to those of us whom the popular ones don't dim it necessary to reckon with even when one identifies with them. People like me may be ignored each time we say a word of prayer or comment but one thing is sure that the rest of us waiting for MR or PPR will also SING OUR SONGS OF PRAISES TO GOD.