+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Tripple A

Jan 13, 2015
Congratulations to the latest PPR recipients.

Father please let this be our week of jubilation for the rest of us ooo.

Sisi mee you must be remembered this week in Jesus Name.

Wish us all the best

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
kuskus said:
Culled from the Canadian POE manual...

"13.18 Valid visas in expired passports
Visa officers will not put a visa in an expired document and will not issue a visa for a period surpassing the expiry date of the passport or travel document. Occasionally, documents containing valid visas are cancelled or replaced. If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid."
dear kukus, what about if the airline does not allow you to enter the plane because your passport will soon expire?what will you do?fight and argue with them?prove to them with documents?remember they will just be following orders. note the words: visa is inside an expired passport.
which means (from my point of view), you should have a valid passport plus the expired one

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engrted said:
dear kukus, what about if the airline does not allow you to enter the plane because your passport will soon expire?what will you do?fight and argue with them?prove to them with documents?remember they will just be following orders. note the words: visa is inside an expired passport.
which means (from my point of view), you should have a valid passport plus the expired one
Generally, if you have a valid visa in an expired passport, the visa is still considered valid; the Canadian authorities see to agree with that too, hence the instruction in their POE manual. A close family member has both British and US visas in an expired passport, and she hasn't had a problem traveling.

Oct 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Position accountant in Poultry factory.
1 year work experience
Bachelor from management
ACCA student

Question.
What title should I choose and what Responsibilities/Main duties should I write in my LETTER OF REFERENCE for being qualified 0111 or 1111
Please reply to this email
catwazel@gmail.com

Aoj

Jan 6, 2015
Dear PIPSI/kUSKUS & all the good pple in this forum,

My CASE: (I NEED URGENT ADVICE FROM THE HOUSE ON HOW BEST TO REPLY SO THAT i WILL NOT LOOSE THIS GOLDEN OPP. PLS HELP WITH YR BEST EXPERIENCES)

MR done since August 2015, awaiting PPR.

On last Friday Feb 25, 2016, I got an email from Accra requesting for POF within 30days or else all my efforts gone!, is this proper oR in order?
VOC Accra further stated in the letter that any huge deposit made into my acct must be with evidence of source of the deposit.
Now, I dont have enough cash in my account for a family of 2+4 ($28,913 =N4.3million) but I have ffllg:

- 2 Plots of land in Magboro, along Lagos-Ibadan Express (cost 2.0m each in 2011); present worth:- .........N5m each?? available for outright SALE!!! I have gotten buyers at give away prices. With a huge lodgement of about N5m into my bank account as proceed from the land sale, PLS WHAT acceptable EVIDENCE CAN I ATTACH FOR CIC (Accra)?
(Note:The plots of LAND are part of documentations sent to CIC as@ time of submitting application);
- Pension RSA fund Account with N10million balance (25% cashable at resignation-source: PensionReformAct 2014). Is Pension RSA Stmt of account acceptable to CIC (Accra)?

GOOD PPLE IN THIS FORUM, I NEED YR INPUTS NOW MORE THAN EVER, I BEG UNA, PLS YR ADVICES IN A GIFFY........

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aoj said:
Dear PIPSI/kUSKUS & all the good pple in this forum,

My CASE: (I NEED URGENT ADVICE FROM THE HOUSE ON HOW BEST TO REPLY SO THAT i WILL NOT LOOSE THIS GOLDEN OPP. PLS HELP WITH YR BEST EXPERIENCES)

MR done since August 2015, awaiting PPR.

On last Friday Feb 25, 2016, I got an email from Accra requesting for POF within 30days or else all my efforts gone!, is this proper oR in order?
VOC Accra further stated in the letter that any huge deposit made into my acct must be with evidence of source of the deposit.
Now, I dont have enough cash in my account for a family of 2+4 ($28,913 =N4.3million) but I have ffllg:

- 2 Plots of land in Magboro, along Lagos-Ibadan Express (cost 2.0m each in 2011); present worth:- .........N5m each?? available for outright SALE!!! I have gotten buyers at give away prices. With a huge lodgement of about N5m into my bank account as proceed from the land sale, PLS WHAT acceptable EVIDENCE CAN I ATTACH FOR CIC (Accra)?
(Note:The plots of LAND are part of documentations sent to CIC as@ time of submitting application);
- Pension RSA fund Account with N10million balance (25% cashable at resignation-source: PensionReformAct 2014). Is Pension RSA Stmt of account acceptable to CIC (Accra)?

GOOD PPLE IN THIS FORUM, I NEED YR INPUTS NOW MORE THAN EVER, I BEG UNA, PLS YR ADVICES IN A GIFFY........
I was/am in this exact same situation. Do you have the contract for the sale of the property and was the sale made after the request for the POF?

Aoj

Jan 6, 2015
Hi Kuskus,

I had actually put these lands for sale before now in anticipation of the need to raise money for eventual departure of my family after visa issuance. But the pricing was nt encouraging so I was waiting for a good price until now that the Accra letter has come. And I had no choice other than to start calling the intended buyers through a real estate firm. So the sale actually went through this weekend (certainly after the quest for POF). The transfer of ownership & agreement/deeds will be finalised early this week due to the prevailing urgency.

So, Kuskus what are my chances or how best to handle my response to Accra?

What about the Pension account stmt (with 25% withdrawal after resignation from current work place) ?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Aoj said:
GOOD PPLE IN THE FORUM,
E MA WO MI NI RAN O....
OWO ONIRU, OWO ALATA O....

OGA PIPIS,
Hi, please always restrict your comments to English for the benefit of those who don`t understamd your language but might be of help ;)

Also bear in mind that people may be currently away from the forum and will reply to your comment when they can, exercise patience :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Aoj said:
Hi Kuskus,

I had actually put these lands for sale before now in anticipation of the need to raise money for eventual departure of my family after visa issuance. But the pricing was nt encouraging so I was waiting for a good price until now that the Accra letter has come. And I had no choice other than to start calling the intended buyers through a real estate firm. So the sale actually went through this weekend (certainly after the quest for POF). The transfer of ownership & agreement/deeds will be finalised early this week due to the prevailing urgency.

What about the Pension account stmt (with 25% withdrawal after resignation from current work place) ?
It`s good you mentioned these parcels of land in your initial application so include all documents showing your ownership and all papers showing the sale so that AVO is convinced that the bulk payment into your account now is truly from the sale of the said plots of land. Your cover letter should tie in the whole transaction from when you used the land in your initial application (assets) till when you sold them towards raising your settlement funds for relocation to Canada. Cheers.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aoj said:
Hi Kuskus,

My brother, not to worry at all. I will share my experience/visa officer's concern in this regard with you. I'm about to head out to the airport now to catch a flight out of Accra. Will hit you up with a PM when I get to Lagos by the grace of God.

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
This is our week of goodnews. All expectants will have cause to smile this week in Jesus Name. Amen

Aoj

Jan 6, 2015
THANKS A LOT PIPIS, KUSKUS & THE GOOD PPLE IN THE FORUM.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOTED. AND QUITE HELPFUL.

PLS THE PENSION FUND STMT I MENTIONED EARLIER, IS IT ACCEPTABLE?
DOES THE 25% OF TOTAL CONTRBS (AS STIPULATED BY PRA2014) COLLECTABLE AFTER RESIGNATION TENABLE AT CIC (ACCRA)????

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
All glory to Almighty God the author and finisher of our faith!! Is there anything God can not do?The answer is absolutely nothing.My story is just to encourage you to believe in the efficacy of prayers and trust completely in God most high.

Please see below my timeline

Application sent to Nova Scotia: 24 October 2014
Application received at Nova Scotia : 14th November 2014
Application processing started: 22nd January 2015
Transfer to AVO/PER: 4th February 2015
Request for Additional Docs: POF,Company Details,Salary Bank Statement : 10th August 2015
Additional Documents sent to AVO: 20th August 2015
Medicals Request: 9th September 2015
Medicals Done: 29th September 2015
Medicals Received: 6th October 2015
Raised a CSE to add my spouse to my application: 12th October 2015
Received response from AVO on documents to provide to include my spouse: 19th October 2015
Sent documents to AVO to include my spouse through: 30th October 2015
Received Medical Request for my spouse: 19th November 2015
Passport Request and other docs for me and my spouse: 5th February 2016
Passports and docs sent to AVO: 12th of February 2016
Passports and docs received at AVO: 16th of February 2016
Received Medical Surveillance undertaking from AVO: 17th of February 2016
Signed the Medical Surveillance form and scanned back to AVO but couriered the original: 17th of February 2016
Decision Made: 17th February 2016
Received mail from AVO to initiate pick up of our package 19th February 2016
Initiated pick up of package through UPS: 22nd February 2016
Picked up our passports with the MAPLE LEAF and our COPR 26th February 2016

Now here is my TESTIMONY below that God has been good to me and to encourage especially those who were asked to go for further medical tests

During the course of my medicals at Qlife, The doctor asked me specific questions relating to Tuberculosis, I had to tell him the truth that I had TB in 1998,he asked if I had done done previous X-RAYS to see if there was no scar in my chest area, I told him I had done other chest X-rays but was not in a position to interpret the results. He bluntly told me that AVO might raise issues because I mentioned TB and he then subjected me to further tests (hepatitis B and C) immediately and told me to expect further medical request from AVO. I left feeling very downcast and wished that I had lied, but there was nothing I could do but to wait for the dreaded mail from AVO for further medical test. I did a lot of research online searching for people who had TB in the past and if the had been denied PR visas, I could not find any. I just handed over everything to God and forgot about it. Lo and behold I checked my ECAS two weeks later and saw "Medicals Received". I was surprised that I did not receive any mail from AVO for further medical test, which is a clear evidence of God at work in my life.

In the course of adding my spouse, I had to declare on the Background declaration form question 6k that I was treated of TB and I began to panic about the declaration since I did not declare it in the first application because that question was not explicit enough for me then, I had to send a pm to Pipis Husband concerning my fears, but with the resolve that it was better to say the truth up front than to be subjected to making explanations if I did not declare it. PH encouraged me that it was best to declare the truth since I had already mentioned it to the Doctor during my medicals so there would be consistency. I declared it and sincerely handed over everything to God again. Thank God it did not trigger any further scrutiny. To cut long story short, when I received the Medical Surveillance Undertaking form from AVO that I will visit a Provincial Medical center within 30 days of my landing in Canada for the authorities to put me under medical surveillance since I have a case of inactive TB that was treated, I cried tears of joy,because I knew the race had ended well for me. I am happy because God has answered my prayers and yours truly our PR Visas are here now. For all who have been subjected to further medical tests by AVO, do not be worried, my God who did it for me will surely do it for you. Just Keep the faith, you shall surely get there. I still have some other testimonies to share concerning this process, in all God remains God of everything.Just KEEP FAITH. Special thanks to PIPIS HUSBAND for the guidance at every stage when I had doubts. Thanks to NEYOBASH who made sure of the seamless transmission of our documents to AVO and back, even with that UPS still says I have some change they will give back to me. Thank you all forum members who now are more like family members. ONE LOVE, WE SHALL GET THERE. AMEN

Earl76

Jan 21, 2016
Regarding this pof. Is there any reason one cannot say that a parent or a sibling dashed you money? What if this is actually the case? How would you present this information. And is parents funds not an acceptable source of funds in the first place?