+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Precious Gold

Dec 9, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, Bank of Canada Governor, Stephen Poloz, has said repeatedly, the loonie is a casualty of the falling price of oil. He says it could take three years for Canada to work through the economic issues that are currently driving its dollar down.

Please my people, both landed and incoming. Bear in mind that this place is a land of much opportunity with the added benefit of it being a level playing field. So in spite of the economic challenges around, don't be discouraged as it will get better. When I hear of our people returning to Nigeria saying Canada is not worth it, I'm saddened because I can tell they were not patient, not well informed or did not forge a well thought out plan.

Please come with your resolve to succeed and plenty of courage, resilience and stamina. The Asians that are here like Israelites in Egypt of old don't have 2 heads. We can succeed and are succeeding. Reach out to landed people who can pull you up with encouragement and positive direction.

Stay away from people who came to manage, that mindset is a trap. We didn't come here only because of our children, we came because of ourselves too. If I buy ice cream for my kids, I won't forbid to lick it too. Look at my wife Pipi, that girl is enough motivation to go out and be a man and do what needs to be done. She herself, her ambition is to be the Queen of a reigning King. Together, we're a winning combination. No 2 stories or come back tomorrow and that's how it should be.

In all things, think, ask questions, weigh issues intelligently and pray for direction. God gave us the earth to subdue it, not to be champions only in Africa but worldwide.

So pick up your courage, dream of Canada, do your homework and come to Canada. It will be well with you here, God bless you all :)

True Talk.....

iamdoingthings

Sep 2, 2015
Abuja, Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
AOR Received.
PER 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2015
Med's Request
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
28-09-2015 - Additional test Submitted 07-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-19
Morning Guys........I recently received my GCMS notes and everything looked d same like d last time I ordered in October except for something in the "Outgoing Correspondence" section. The notes say AVO or rather "Ottawa HMB" sent a Furtherance Request for eMeds in respect of my son on 2015/11/03 and the due date is 2016/03/02.

The funny thing is I have not received any correspondence in that regard. I have been in contact with AVO at least twice since October 2015 (When I sent in PCCs and when I paid RPRF) and each time I was told no further action is needed on my part.

I have already raised a CSE today and hope to get a response soon. Had I not ordered the notes, I wouldn't have know about the request which was made about 3 months ago and I would still be patiently waiting for PPR (Although I had some concerns because I am yet to get the "Medicals Received" line update on ECAS).

ESSYLICIOUS

Nov 5, 2015
Seniors in the house, I paid my RPRF since September and submitted other documents requested alongside the receipt (through my lawyer). Up till this moment, I am yet to have my receipt linked to my ECAS. Three weeks ago, I sent a scanned copy of the receipt to AVO and was informed that my file is on the queue for review. Is there any need to worry about this?

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
rozorin said:
Congrats to all the PPR recipients.

I am an October 1st applicant. Got married and included my spouse in my application. I am currently awaiting MR. Today, I got my COA mail. I know they haven't started giving out MR requests. So I am hoping I will receive mine by Monday or Tuesday by His grace
Hi Rozorin. It means that you should be expecting your MR. COngrats in advance.

hagnes

Jun 18, 2015
seunmsl7 said:
from the trend of each person's Application date....AVO is working on Sept, OCt, NOv.....

Congrats elijahovat and Maggiforever.

Congtats for all the good news in the house.

Abeg make AVO no forget may, june, july people o. Medical finished over 8 months ago.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ESSYLICIOUS said:
Seniors in the house, I paid my RPRF since September and submitted other documents requested alongside the receipt (through my lawyer). Up till this moment, I am yet to have my receipt linked to my ECAS. Three weeks ago, I sent a scanned copy of the receipt to AVO and was informed that my file is on the queue for review. Is there any need to worry about this?
No cause for any worry, only patience required :)

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
In my GCMS report, I saw a note entered by VO. But the text field is blank. What do you think why its blank? Is it the VO forgot to enter note details, or it was not disclosed to me??

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
zizaheer said:
In my GCMS report, I saw a note entered by VO. But the text field is blank. What do you think why its blank? Is it the VO forgot to enter note details, or it was not disclosed to me??
Send a CSE to ypur VO, requesting and update on the status of your application. Following their response, request a new GCMS. The note should have been updated by then or your application will have progressed, cheers.

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
Pipis Husband said:
Send a CSE to ypur VO, requesting and update on the status of your application. Following their response, request a new GCMS. The note should have been updated by then or your application will have progressed, cheers.
Thank you P.H. I sent a recent CSE on changes of my mailing address. I have seen whatever CSE I send them is recorded in GCMS note. Do you think asking for an status of my application will be recorded in GCMS as well?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
zizaheer said:
Thank you P.H. I sent a recent CSE on changes of my mailing address. I have seen whatever CSE I send them is recorded in GCMS note. Do you think asking for an status of my application will be recorded in GCMS as well?
Not necessarily, the intent of this CSE is to cause them to pull your file for review and possibly put some comment in the blank field you earlier found on the GCMS. It might work, it might not work (50/50) but you have nothing to lose by sending the CSE, cheers.

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
@ YEYE and olusolaH
I sent you guys PM. Please respond.

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
Pipis Husband said:
Not necessarily, the intent of this CSE is to cause them to pull your file for review and possibly put some comment in the blank field you earlier found on the GCMS. It might work, it might not work (50/50) but you have nothing to lose by sending the CSE, cheers.
I have seen on GCMS note, they mentioned s.16(1)(c) on the page where their note is blank. Any idea whats the matter?

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
zizaheer said:
I have seen on GCMS note, they mentioned s.16(1)(c) on the page where their note is blank. Any idea whats the matter?
Section 16(1)c is one of the exceptions that relates to FOIP act(freedom of information and privacy protection acts).Seeing it been quoted on your gcms notes shouldn't bothered you too much especially as what it applies to may be more of public interest than you.Below is an extract of the part in question......
"16. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
(a) information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
(i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,
(ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or
(iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;
(b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
(i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
(ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
(iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or"

In quoting the above mentioned ,some of the things that may have been put in consideration before the part is made blank involves.......
*Have effects on business interests
*Harm significantly the competition position of a third party
*Interfere significantly with the negotiation positions of a third party
*Results in similar information no longer been supplied to the public body
*Results in undue financial gain to anybody or organization
*Reveal labour relations information
The list is endless but you should not worry yourself if you have not been identified as a questionable contacted or involved in any criminal activities .
You will be fine....and all will end well.
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
zizaheer said:
Pipis Husband said:
In addition to what Pipis said above,every single correspondence between you and your visa office will be contained in your file records.If you have asked for your gcms notes after you sent your CSE to AVO,it will be in your gcms notes including whatever response they gave you.
This been said doesn't mean it was your visa officer that recorded it in the gcms.The systems captures in centrally and will be available for you under the FOIP act except Ofcourse it's under the section earlier examined.
Cheers