Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2014
Good day everyone! I have just landed and decided to give an update of events leading up to landing. Hope information is helpful to others who find themselves in similar peculiar circumstances.

VO: Accra
NOC 3112
Application sent on 12th July, 2014
Application received date 16th July, 2014
CC charged 1st November, 2014.
PER received! local time: 15:10, 11/11/2014

Received mail and medical forms (18th May 2015). I was asked to provide
1. Updated police clearance certificate
2. Right of permanent residence fee
3. Medical examination within 30 days.
I wrote back to the Canadian Embassy to inform them of my desire to add my wife to application at this stage. I got married on the 25th of April 2015. I had sent CSE asking procedure to update my application but hadn’t received a response when my request for medicals arrived.

I got a reply on the 27th of May, 2015 requesting for spouse documents as shown below.
* An Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008] for you.
* Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] for you and your spouse respectively
* Updated Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] for you and your spouse respectively.
* Payment of the Application for Permanent Residence Fee for your spouse if he/she is accompanying.
* Copy of State issued birth certificate for your spouse. Please note that hospital birth certificates will not be accepted
* 4 passport-sized photos for your spouse, as per the photo specifications found in Appendix C of the visa office specific instructions.
* Copy of the biographical page from valid passport for your spouse.
* Copy of your marriage certificate and divorce certificate (if applicable)
* Police certificates from your spouse’s country of residence, and for every country in which your spouse resided for 6 months or more since he/ she turned 18 years. These must include the fingerprints page used to obtain the police certificates, if applicable.
Documents Sent, 2nd June 2015
11th June, Request for Wife’s medicals
11th June, Second line of ECAS updated
12th June Wife’s medicals sent.

Then on the 30th of June, I received an email which stated that my marriage was suspected to be an arranged one………….with information on the criminality of such an act and fines and bans that could be imposed. I was given 30 days to respond.

They raised a lot of issues which were genuine. My wife had been refused FSWP once already, she had two ineligible Express entry applications, and to make matters worse, she had used my residential address in her first FSWP. They questioned how this could be possible since we never stated being in a common law union prior to our marriage. What I learnt is that, you need to be very careful with all the information you provide at every stage. Be honest with everything even if you don’t see how it will matter or be relevant.

I sent detailed information, letters, and affidavits from parents, family and friends, over 100 pictures spanning our four year relationship, engagement, wedding honeymoon etc. I sent a package which weighted 2kg to the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana.
We finally received our PR Visas and COPD on the 13th of August, 2015. This was just in time for my travel to the USA as a student on the 20th of August, 2015.

Landing Date, 9th of October, 2015
Yesterday, I travelled from Boston to Toronto via Montreal! I was processed fully at Montreal and just walked out of Toronto Pearson International Airport. I just waited for my wife outside of Toronto Pearson International Airport. She arrived an hour later from Accra to Toronto via London Heathrow.
Landing was a piece of cake for both of us. Very few questions were asked, just passports and COPD taken. Both officers in Montreal and Toronto were very helpful and nice! They welcomed us and gave brochures and leaflets on how to settle in Canada. It was a pleasant experience. My wife had her phone charged by the officer in Toronto to assist her retrieve our Canadian address. We had a wrong postcode so I just corrected the address via CIC website as directed by the officials at airport.
Strange thing that happened, my wife left her copy of COPR with the immigration officer erroneously; I detected it when I met her outside the airport. I immediately tried to contact immigration. They had dispatched it immediately they also noticed it to a wrong Canadian address we had supplied. They made a certified true copy of the version with her passport picture and arranged to have an official do our SIN right there at the airport. This is so unusual. I will call this my landing gift from God.
I am heading back to Boston tomorrow. My wife will stay in Toronto for a while and move to Alberta. Oh, and my wife is 5 months pregnant. No problems with that. Our COPD had intended landing at Edmonton, Alberta. We had no issues with that as well. Wish everyone well.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackstar said:
Good day everyone! I have just landed and decided to give an update of events leading up to landing. Hope information is helpful to others who find themselves in similar peculiar circumstances.

NOC 3112

I wrote back to the Canadian Embassy to inform them of my desire to add my wife to application at this stage. I got married on the 25th of April 2015. I had sent CSE asking procedure to update my application but hadn’t received a response when my request for medicals arrived.

I got a reply on the 27th of May, 2015 requesting for spouse documents as shown below.
* Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] for you and your spouse respectively
* Updated Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] for you and your spouse respectively.
* Payment of the Application for Permanent Residence Fee for your spouse if he/she is accompanying.
* Copy of State issued birth certificate for your spouse. Please note that hospital birth certificates will not be accepted
* 4 passport-sized photos for your spouse, as per the photo specifications found in Appendix C of the visa office specific instructions.
* Police certificates from your spouse’s country of residence, and for every country in which your spouse resided for 6 months or more since he/ she turned 18 years. These must include the fingerprints page used to obtain the police certificates, if applicable.

Then on the 30th of June, I received an email which stated that my marriage was suspected to be an arranged one…..........with information on the criminality of such an act and fines and bans that could be imposed. I was given 30 days to respond.

They raised a lot of issues which were genuine. My wife had been refused FSWP once already, she had two ineligible Express entry applications, and to make matters worse, she had used my residential address in her first FSWP. They questioned how this could be possible since we never stated being in a common law union prior to our marriage. What I learnt is that, you need to be very careful with all the information you provide at every stage. Be honest with everything even if you don’t see how it will matter or be relevant.

I sent detailed information, letters, and affidavits from parents, family and friends, over 100 pictures spanning our four year relationship, engagement, wedding honeymoon etc. I sent a package which weighted 2kg to the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana.
We finally received our PR Visas and COPD on the 13th of August, 2015. This was just in time for my travel to the USA as a student on the 20th of August, 2015.

Yesterday, I travelled from Boston to Toronto via Montreal! I was processed fully at Montreal and just walked out of Toronto Pearson International Airport. I just waited for my wife outside of Toronto Pearson International Airport. She arrived an hour later from Accra to Toronto via London Heathrow.
Landing was a piece of cake for both of us. Very few questions were asked, just passports and COPD taken. Both officers in Montreal and Toronto were very helpful and nice! They welcomed us and gave brochures and leaflets on how to settle in Canada. It was a pleasant experience. My wife had her phone charged by the officer in Toronto to assist her retrieve our Canadian address. We had a wrong postcode so I just corrected the address via CIC website as directed by the officials at airport.
Strange thing that happened, my wife left her copy of COPR with the immigration officer erroneously; I detected it when I met her outside the airport. I immediately tried to contact immigration. They had dispatched it immediately they also noticed it to a wrong Canadian address we had supplied. They made a certified true copy of the version with her passport picture and arranged to have an official do our SIN right there at the airport. This is so unusual. I will call this my landing gift from God.
I am heading back to Boston tomorrow. My wife will stay in Toronto for a while and move to Alberta. Oh, and my wife is 5 months pregnant. No problems with that. Our COPD had intended landing at Edmonton, Alberta. We had no issues with that as well. Wish everyone well.
Thanks for sharing bro!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
blackstar said:

Congratulations and welcome to Canada. What a testimony filled story. All is well with the favour of God. Wish you the best at school and for your wife in Canada. Cheers all the way :)

soundcode

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
9-MARCH-2015
Med's Request
X-JUNE-2016
Med's Done....
X-JUNE-2016
Interview........
WAIVED BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
X-JUNE-2016 BY GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
SOONEST
LANDED..........
SOONEST
akeme said:
Calgary and i used my SIN letter as proof of residency , though, i was not attended to bcos they didnot accept my bank documents as proof of residency and they advised me to go and do my SIN and use that as proof
Congrats Akeme. May the Lord settle you quickly into your new land.

fisobzy01

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-14
Doc's Request.
all documents sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 24-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
in view
blackstar said:

NOC 3112

Then on the 30th of June, I received an email which stated that my marriage was suspected to be an arranged one…..........with information on the criminality of such an act and fines and bans that could be imposed. I was given 30 days to respond.

Congratulations NOC mate :) ;D ;D ;D

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
blackstar said:

NOC 3112

Waoooo what a story. It has ended well

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
congratulations

Highlyfavoured1

Nov 7, 2014
congratulations to everyone with updates, and for the rest of us awaiting positive responses, it will end in praise. The Lord who started this entire process will complete it. Amen.

I must admit that the waiting period is very challenging.....but I comfort my self the word which says "Is anything to hard for me to do? Absolutely nothing on the surface of the earth is hard for God to do, so I encourage us to keep up the faith and know that the good Lord is in control and in charge regardless of what the circumstance maybe at the moment. It is settled.

I have a question, please can anyone tell how to send a pm? Thanks.

Happy Sunday all......

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Highlyfavoured1 said:
congratulations to everyone with updates, and for the rest of us awaiting positive responses, it will end in praise. The Lord who started this entire process will complete it. Amen.

I must admit that the waiting period is very challenging.....but I comfort my self the word which says "Is anything to hard for me to do? Absolutely nothing on the surface of the earth is hard for God to do, so I encourage us to keep up the faith and know that the good Lord is in control and in charge regardless of what the circumstance maybe at the moment. It is settled.

I have a question, please can anyone tell how to send a pm? Thanks.

Happy Sunday all......
Click on the recipient Id/username, then look down the page. U will see, send this member a personal message

adaghogho

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-09-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2016
LANDED..........
September 2016
O Lord that has been our help from the onset of our Canada dream, I pray that thou open the flood gates of positive response from AVO this week to everyone here expectant in Jesus Name, Amen.

I look closely towards barrage of testimony this week!
Meanwhile enjoy a blessed week ahead

pwettypwecious

Star Member
May 30, 2015
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/12/2014
Doc's Request.
14/9/2015
Nomination.....
19/2/2015
AOR Received.
nil
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19/2/2015
Med's Request
14/9/2015
Med's Done....
21/9/2015
LANDED..........
By GOD's grace
Hello dear Forumites, been a while. Trust everyone is doing great
Good also to see us still working together and helping one another. God bless you all. I'm confident in God dat we shall all celebrate irrespective of how slow things seem now. Let's keep holding on to God. It shall end in praise for US ALL. Have a great week dear people.

Silent Reader 291214

Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 December 2014
Nomination.....
26 March, 2015
Please enjoy the below read

While You’re Waiting, God Is Working

By Rick Warren — Oct 11, 2015

“I trust the LORD God to save me, and I will wait for him to answer my prayer.” (Micah 7:7 CEV)

The Bible is clear that there are seasons in life, and one of the seasons that God talks about again and again is the season of waiting.

While you’re waiting, God is working. Don’t think that the season of waiting means that God has stopped working. He’s just taking you through that season because he’s using the time to work in your circumstances for your good.

You’re going to spend a lot of life waiting. If you don’t figure out how to trust God while you’re waiting, you’re going to spend a lot of your life not trusting God.

God is never in a hurry. He’s eternal! He is watching; he is working. He is seeing how and when you will trust him as you’re waiting. You’re saying, “When, Lord? When is it going to happen?” And God’s saying, “You can trust me with this.”

The problem with waiting is that our human nature and our culture say, “Don’t wait! Get things as quickly as you can.”

That’s the way our culture is wired, but it goes against God’s blessing in our lives because God’s blessing comes through these times of waiting. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, “[God] has set the right time for everything” (TEV).

You might be in a time of waiting. Maybe it’s for school to end. Maybe it’s for a man or a woman to come into your life. Maybe it’s for a marriage to happen or a baby to come. And you may be frustrated with how slowly things are happening. We’ve all been there.

There’s a promise in the Bible that tells you not only that God is working but also how God is working, and you need to claim it while you’re in your time of waiting: “I am the LORD, and when it is time, I will make these things happen quickly” (Isaiah 60:22 NCV).

That’s how God worked when he sent Jesus into this world. The world waited thousands of years for Jesus to come the first time. And he came at just the right time.

We’ve been waiting 2,000 years now for Jesus to come again. When is he going to come again? At just the right time — God’s time. That’s when he’s going to come.

You need to apply this to your time of waiting and remember that a delay is not a denial. When you think God is saying “No,” he may just be saying, “Not yet. Will you keep trusting me through this?”

Micah 7:7 says, “I trust the LORD God to save me, and I will wait for him to answer my prayer” (CEV).

That is the kind of faith that God blesses.

[/quote]