13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
adaghogho said:
Hello Seniors, I got a reply from AVO today for additional information.
I have FD for over 3months, do I still need to show its source?
Will it be the original FD certificate or a copy?

Below is the mail sent: Pls I need further clarification

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled worker category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 2 (CAD$ 14,853) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:
The skilled worker must
(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds. You must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.

For more details please see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to us. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information we will make our decision based on the information before us, which may result in the refusal of your application.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

AB
Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Good day house, here is my candid opinion for those having updates on proof of funds. If you have separate accounts and different fd amount, it's better to move all into one account preferably your salary account and also liquidate the fd as well. Forget about the interest you will lose and whether anyone is watching your account or not. The ultimate goal is what matters. You need to be able to proof to CIC that you actually earn the amount and not borrowed or arranged for. God will give us all wisdom and see us through this stage. Amen.
This particularly apply to those who know they might be asked for the update, you can remedy it now before they ask you.

nosike

Nov 14, 2013
Hello Seniors,
I did my medicals at Prime Medical Consultants PH yesterday. Do I have to send any hard copy to show evidence of medical completion to AVO.

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Good evening Seniors,

Please I just had my medicals and now I am married and trying to update my status with CIC. Now the consultant filing for me just called to say my wife also has to take the IELTS exams even though she is a dependent. (I, as the primary applicant have already written the IELTS exams as a part of my application submission). Please wise seniors, is the consultant correct?...

Secondly, the consultant also said my wife will have to submit a WES evaluation with her application. I also do not believe this is correct. Please kindly offer guidance. I will appreciate a swift response as I am pressed for me. Once again, thank you very much.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
layorh12 said:
Good evening Seniors,

Please I just had my medicals and now I am married and trying to update my status with CIC. Now the consultant filing for me just called to say my wife also has to take the IELTS exams even though she is a dependent. (I, as the primary applicant have already written the IELTS exams as a part of my application submission). Please wise seniors, is the consultant correct?...

Secondly, the consultant also said my wife will have to submit a WES evaluation with her application. I also do not believe this is correct. Please kindly offer guidance. I will appreciate a swift response as I am pressed for me. Once again, thank you very much.
That your consultant does not know what he is saying. Since you have met the minimum requirements of CIC that is why they issue you PER and you have also done medicals. All you need to do is get married and update AVO with copy of your marriage certificate and some pix. AVO will then advice you on what next. But you have to quickly do your court wedding now. As per your spouse writing IELTS and evaluating WES this is not needed now.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Favouralltru said:
MY GOD IS AWESOME
Nov 17 2014 Application received
January 22 2015 Pr of Application
August 11 2015 POF by (RK).
Sent on 28th same month received 1st of sept 2015
Today 11.39am MR for me & my family. House pls join me to say My God is Awesome.
Congrats Favouralltru!!

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Christamario said:
My Good people in this Forum,
While I was busy stressing myself in the office with meetings and deadlines, I decided to destress by reading from fellow forumites which I normally do at the end of each working day. On a second thought I switched to checking my mail and delete irrelevant mails. Yours truly I almost deleted my MR without even checking. GOD IS FOREVER GOOD. RK finally released my MR after requesting for photos, pof and salary statement which I sent on the 20th of August. Special thanks to Samuel eled who took his time to put me through especially concerning my POF.

Admin please help me update
Application Received: 11th November 2014
PER: 3rd February 2015
Additional documents Request from RK: 10th August 2015
Documents Submitted:20th August 2015
Documents received in Accra: 24th August 2015
MR: 9th September 2015
Congrats Christamario

Silent Reader 291214

Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 December 2014
Nomination.....
26 March, 2015
tbaba said:
That your consultant does not know what he is saying. Since you have met the minimum requirements of CIC that is why they issue you PER and you have also done medicals. All you need to do is get married and update AVO with copy of your marriage certificate and some pix. AVO will then advice you on what next. But you have to quickly do your court wedding now. As per your spouse writing IELTS and evaluating WES this is not needed now.
@Layorh12, I agree with tbaba. I will suggest you raise a CSE to AVO, notifying them of your wedding and attaching copy of your Registry marriage certificate. Also ask for guidance as to how to include your spouse in the application. Pls, do not delay in notifying AVO so as not to be barred from sponsoring your spouse after visa is issued.

Demitemi

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
nosike said:
Hello Seniors,
I did my medicals at Prime Medical Consultants PH yesterday. Do I have to send any hard copy to show evidence of medical completion to AVO.
You need not send anything. Your medicals will be passed on latest Saturday all things being equal.

Demitemi

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
Silent Reader 291214 said:
@ Layorh12, I agree with tbaba. I will suggest you raise a CSE to AVO, notifying them of your wedding and attaching copy of your Registry marriage certificate. Also ask for guidance as to how to include your spouse in the application. Pls, do not delay in notifying AVO so as not to be barred from sponsoring your spouse after visa is issued.
In addition to all said, be ready for the POF for 2, PCC for your wife and also her medicals too.

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
layorh12 said:
Good evening Seniors,

tbaba and silent reader are very correct. Let your agent knows these are not needed now. But am not sure if you can contact AVO yourselve as the agent mail are been used for your application.

Demitemi

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
..........and unto us pick up mail was revealed.
Victory at last after 370 days journey.
Stay tuned ;D ;D ;D

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Layorh. You can actually write the visa office directly via CSE. you have gone past medicals. All you need do is to inform them of your new dependant. Your wife. But ensure that your POF covers the 2 of you when same is requested of you.

fisobzy01

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-14
Doc's Request.
all documents sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 24-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
in view
adaghogho said:
Hello Seniors, I got a reply from AVO today for additional information.
I have FD for over 3months, do I still need to show its source?
Will it be the original FD certificate or a copy?

Below is the mail sent: Pls I need further clarification

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled worker category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 2 (CAD$ 14,853) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:
The skilled worker must
(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds. You must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.

For more details please see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to us. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information we will make our decision based on the information before us, which may result in the refusal of your application.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

AB
Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
@adaghogho NOC mate, I am happy ur MR is technically minutes away.. just do tbe necessary! I'm sure u know d drill.. and boom! On to d next one! I swear the visa sure for u

Congrats