WAIVED
Passport Req..
26TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9TH JUNE 2015
LANDED..........
3rd SEPT
patecole said:
The poster has a valid point, but its unfortunate that things are the way they are now in Nigeria. Yes there is hope, but the question is when will the foundation of a prosperous nation begin when the same players of the 60's and 70's are not only pulling the strings behind the scene, but handing over to their "own"?

The bottom line is this, there has to be a system in place to work for a lot of things to spring up from there. Maybe with Buhari, and the clamor for change, this could be the beginning of a new dawn - lets pray so.

With regards to why there is a brain drain, I have a question for the poster - Where was he/she in the few weeks towards the end of last government? It was absolute madness, that there could be no fuel or electricity, a litre of fuel selling at =N=500, which one was forced to buy because, of not ourselves as parents, but because there are kids that we all have to cater for and provide the best for. Coupled with the crazy traffic congestion becoming like a monster one must face everyday because of no alternative routes. Once a major road/route is constructed, instead of the leaders to think of the future, and develop more roads, they will be busy advertising in the dailies of their achievements, which quite frankly, is at most times, nothing to right home about.

We need leaders with foresight, not short sighted ones, just see what they can gain...which brings me to say that, our social mentality has in all fairness, has got to change as a people. E.g look at our driving manners, no one wants to give another driver a chance to join the highway, or change lanes to exit the highway - you don't see this in the western world. One of the basic rules of driving is give way, not block, as if we own the road.

When I was growing up, im sure some of our parents experienced all this erratic electricity, I for one did, and now I ask myself, do I want the generation after me to experience the same - HELL NO, and now there's and opportunity, i'm getting them out, end of story.

If no likes it, they can call the police or national guard.

Now back to the issue of what we can do for Nigeria, well one thing for sure is that most of us have one idea or the other, that can bring a positive change to our respective communities, im so sure of that; but governments (state and federal), have to provide a very enabling and conducive environment for business to thrive in, where the basics of good infrastructures are in place, or there is a genuine commitment to have them in place, with minimal wastage and corruption brought down drastically.

So in the meantime, lets go out there (US, US, Canada or wherever, where things are working, and systems in place) learn what we can, and bring it (Knowledge or Investments) back when the opportunity comes.

Just my two cents right now, yours could be different....

OGA, TELL them oh..
The truth is IGNORANCE ISNT AN EXCUSE..
IF u have an opportunity and you now use am, then you are on your own..
life is all about choices.

TKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
kollins said:
Congrats to all of my known and unknown friends with updates....I'm so happy for you all......
Just want to encourage others too whose updates has been seemingly delayed,just be calm,composed and positive....it will end well.
For some of us who are still hoping to join the queue of those expecting updates,something positive will come...
Like always said,as much as possible I try to get along with all posts and chats in all the whatsapp group(apologies for not always posting unless necessary :D)
I saw a post from an admirer of our thread on 2013 forum thread and felt like putting it for us all to think about it and possibly comment on it with no criticism to the poster....trust me,he/she meant well....
(http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigerians-that-have-applied-for-federal-skilled-workers-2013-program-t160551.0.html;msg4412260#msg4412260)
I am particular touched in my heart when I read the post over and over and over again.....
Find below the post....I might try to post it on the whatsapp chat groups for deliberations too.....
Cheers.
Dear Kollins,
Much has been said about this post and its writer, I will however like to know what your take is with respect to your personal experience since I can see that you've landed already. You have seen both sides canada and nigeria. So is this whole immigration thing worth it especially for people who are having a very comfortable life here in Nigeria?

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TKT said:
Dear Kollins,
Much has been said about this post and its writer, I will however like to know what your take is with respect to your personal experience since I can see that you've landed already. You have seen both sides canada and nigeria. So is this whole immigration thing worth it especially for people who are having a very comfortable life here in Nigeria?

bonblu

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2OTH 2014
Doc's Request.
APRIL 8TH 2015
AOR Received.
OCT 20TH 2014
Med's Request
APRIL 8TH 2015
Med's Done....
APRIL 15TH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9TH JUNE 2015
LANDED..........
3rd SEPT
TKT said:
Dear Kollins,
life s all about choices!..

Lolesky

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Oct. 2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
Interview........
9th March, 2016
TKT said:
Dear Kollins,

TKT, it is very good to inquire knowledge and learn from peoples experiences, but one thing you should understand is that there is different strokes for different folks. You will have to determine within yourself what you want in life in relation to certain factors best known to you. If you really want to get sincere response you need to define what you meant by "comfortable life"

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
superde said:
Hi all,

Just to update the house. I think AVO works sometimes on Saturdays o! At exactly 12:45pm today Saturday 20th June, I got a reply to my request for the extension of the deadline for the submission of my family's passports.

The email says and I quote: " Please be advised that an extension of 30days has been granted to you in order to submit the requested documents"

Struggling a bit with the interpretation as to the exact new deadline now. Original PPR mail says submit passports within 15 days from June 16th. Based on the extension granted, Does it mean I now have up to 45 days from June 16th or just 30 days from June 16th.

Just trying to get people's opinion.

Thanks.
Hi Superde. Please when did you send AVO email? I just want to have an idea of how long it takes for them to respond. Thanks. I also sent them an email and awaiting response.

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would like to see a few more perspectives...

Lolesky said:
TKT, it is very good to inquire knowledge and learn from peoples experiences, but one thing you should understand is that there is different strokes for different folks. You will have to determine within yourself what you want in life in relation to certain factors best known to you. If you really want to get sincere response you need to define what you meant by "comfortable life"

bonblu

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2OTH 2014
Doc's Request.
APRIL 8TH 2015
AOR Received.
OCT 20TH 2014
Med's Request
APRIL 8TH 2015
Med's Done....
APRIL 15TH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9TH JUNE 2015
LANDED..........
3rd SEPT
Lolesky said:

@lolesky,
great question you asked TKT about comfortable life..
so whats definition of comfortable life?

buying fuel @ premium in an oil producing country
running your own electricity at premium while at paying electricity bill for non existent electricity
where there are no more societal values.
half of the girls you meet on the street are prostitutes
where stealing isn't corruption.
i can go on and on and on..
To crown it all the old assholes believe its their right to rule us with thing myopic minds that have nothing innovative to offer.
I have lived in the middle east and everything works well because they have leaders with a vision.
unfortunately they have nothing to offer me like permanent residence, hence i moved back to my country .
two years being in naija, its like a graduate going to start from primary school, going for interviews, you will be told you are over qualified, cos the final interviewer has refused to develop himself and hence sees you as a threat.
i can go forever on this topic but to make it quite concise ...
LIFE IS A CHOICE, MAKE YOUR CHOICE! thats all

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Flosure said:
Hi Superde. Please when did you send AVO email? I just want to have an idea of how long it takes for them to respond. Thanks. I also sent them an email and awaiting response.
Hi Flosure,

I sent them the email in the afternoon of June 17th and a got a reply on June 20th ( a Saturday).

jjalex

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
DD cashed on 23-01-2015/ Processing Started 23-01-2015
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-08-2015
Guys,

Thank u very much, i just raised E-cas no long ago, send a detail email with scan copies of documents I made mistakes, hopefully it would be corrected b4 our MR. Thank you guys once again for always Being dere, it will end in praise for all of us in Jesus's name.

Pls which month is Avo issuing MR now, coz dis waiting game is killing peeps.

Enjoy the rest of your day you all.

jjalex,
Some forumites have advised accordingly. Fill Sched A form again and upload it to your CSE. It's just better to be safe than sorry. Once you declare before they ask, it's not seen as concealing information.
My family was denied Canadian Visiting visa initially in 2008, but after a subtle appeal, we were given the visas within about 2 weeks on the same application. That didn't seem to me like refusal since we were eventually given but to remove all doubts, I wanna declare it via CSE now.

DeeBruv,
The question regarding refusal of admission is different from the one of refusal of visas. The one of refusal of visas (Permanent & Temporary) is the one everyone is trying to understand and cope with.

[/quote]

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Dude, I feel your pain....once you've been where there is a system that works, and you come back to naija you tend to wonder, what is going on here...even if your earning good dough on a monthly basis, there is a ton of stress to deal with like the ones you mentioned below...before you know, you've got facial white hair, due to a deterioration in the standard of living, while your friends or relatives still living abroad, who may not be making as much money as you, but enjoying the way of living, will be having no white hair.

There services chase you, here, you chase the service....gateman has he's own stress, electrician has his own, NEPA have their own, water the same, mortgage is like arm robery on white paper...How can a employed average graduate earning a salary of like =N=7M, purchase a house/flat of =N=20 plus or more, settle down with a good spouse, buy a brand new car and enjoy what he is supposed to enjoy. If he is jaiye guy, no chance to enjoy unless there something by the side coming in...

Its crazy, suffering and smiling as the late Fela once said...

bonblu said:
@ lolesky,
great question you asked TKT about comfortable life..
so whats definition of comfortable life?

buying fuel @ premium in an oil producing country
running your own electricity at premium while at paying electricity bill for non existent electricity
where there are no more societal values.
half of the girls you meet on the street are prostitutes
where stealing isn't corruption.
i can go on and on and on..
To crown it all the old assholes believe its their right to rule us with thing myopic minds that have nothing innovative to offer.
I have lived in the middle east and everything works well because they have leaders with a vision.
unfortunately they have nothing to offer me like permanent residence, hence i moved back to my country .
two years being in naija, its like a graduate going to start from primary school, going for interviews, you will be told you are over qualified, cos the final interviewer has refused to develop himself and hence sees you as a threat.
i can go forever on this topic but to make it quite concise ...
LIFE IS A CHOICE, MAKE YOUR CHOICE! thats all

mamaj

Sep 24, 2013
Thank you Kollins. Very detailed explanation. Esee gan.

kollins said:
Seems your query was lost in the frenzy of update celebrations on the thread......I just stumbled on it now.......apologies.
I will be able to respond based on Alberta's driving regulation which I believe will be same in other provinces across Canada.
I believe you're referring to the laminated three to six months driving license been issued by frsc after your biodata capture before the original license is given to you.
It follows same process as the original license and as a matter of fact,I was able to exchanged mine with no issues.
I have addressed this before but let me expatriate more on it.
Once you land (my facts are based on personal experience in Alberta province .....should be same for other provinces subject to practical recounted experience),your main concern should be to pass your knowledge test so that you can be issued a GDL class 7 license - a learner's driving license.
The only requirement for this is to be able to present about 2 ID of yourself...with one been an Alberta government issued ID.They(Registry) may/will request for a proof of residential address to be sure you're a resident......bank statement,utility bill,lease agreement should take care of this.
Once you're able to pass the knowledge test (about 17CAD or 18CAD token),a temporary GDL class 7 license is issued to you immediately afterwhich the original license will be posted to you by mail within 10 working days......but before you leave the registry,you will be asked to submit your home country license if you have one as it's a crime to hold two driver license.
At this point,you present your home country driver's license -be it temporary or original license.
You will be asked to check back btw 2 to 3 weeks for the response given.
At this interim,your license is sent to the S.I.U (Special investigation Unit) -they have the duty to relate to our respective home countries for the authenticity of your license .....don't mind me,you won't know all these but it's actually what happen.
Once it's confirmed ,the registry will be contacted and they will tell you the result of the GDL exemption application by you which will be that you're exempted from the statutory one year GDL class 7 duration to do your road test.
It's either you have exemption to do GDL class 5 basic road test(if you have less than 2 years driving history from your home country) or non GDL class 5 advance road test(if you have more than 2 years driving history from your home country).
Just to directly answer your question,I came with my expired temporary driver's license in Alberta and have successfully gotten the non GDL class 5 advanced Alberta license with no issues whatsoever .
Hope it's clarified ...... :D
Cheers

mamaj

Sep 24, 2013
Thank you Kollins. Very detailed explanation. Esee gan.

kollins said:
Seems your query was lost in the frenzy of update celebrations on the thread......I just stumbled on it now.......apologies.
I will be able to respond based on Alberta's driving regulation which I believe will be same in other provinces across Canada.
I believe you're referring to the laminated three to six months driving license been issued by frsc after your biodata capture before the original license is given to you.
It follows same process as the original license and as a matter of fact,I was able to exchanged mine with no issues.
I have addressed this before but let me expatriate more on it.
Once you land (my facts are based on personal experience in Alberta province .....should be same for other provinces subject to practical recounted experience),your main concern should be to pass your knowledge test so that you can be issued a GDL class 7 license - a learner's driving license.
The only requirement for this is to be able to present about 2 ID of yourself...with one been an Alberta government issued ID.They(Registry) may/will request for a proof of residential address to be sure you're a resident......bank statement,utility bill,lease agreement should take care of this.
Once you're able to pass the knowledge test (about 17CAD or 18CAD token),a temporary GDL class 7 license is issued to you immediately afterwhich the original license will be posted to you by mail within 10 working days......but before you leave the registry,you will be asked to submit your home country license if you have one as it's a crime to hold two driver license.
At this point,you present your home country driver's license -be it temporary or original license.
You will be asked to check back btw 2 to 3 weeks for the response given.
At this interim,your license is sent to the S.I.U (Special investigation Unit) -they have the duty to relate to our respective home countries for the authenticity of your license .....don't mind me,you won't know all these but it's actually what happen.
Once it's confirmed ,the registry will be contacted and they will tell you the result of the GDL exemption application by you which will be that you're exempted from the statutory one year GDL class 7 duration to do your road test.
It's either you have exemption to do GDL class 5 basic road test(if you have less than 2 years driving history from your home country) or non GDL class 5 advance road test(if you have more than 2 years driving history from your home country).
Just to directly answer your question,I came with my expired temporary driver's license in Alberta and have successfully gotten the non GDL class 5 advanced Alberta license with no issues whatsoever .
Hope it's clarified ...... :D
Cheers

Folake2015

Mar 19, 2015
hello seniors,please i was refused a student visa at the canadian embassy and this was not included in the forms i filled.please should i wait till i am asked or how do i go about updating the information to canada.please help me treat as very urgent.thanks

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.