Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats bonblu

bonblu said:
How great is my God , sing with me, How great is my God,

MY PPR just landed people..
am a june applicant, 2014, did my medicals in April, and i was about to close for the day, i go the best pre birthday gift ever in my entire life..
GOD bless you all..

Thanks a lot PiPi's Husband and the rest of you guys in these forum..

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats Toronto_Raptor...That was fast though.. Was that less than one week or just about a week from receipt of PP?

Toronto_Raptor said:
Mail Received from AccraImmigration today at 12.30PM ... Meanwhile I have Crip-Walked to DHL and back already! ;D

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats NWAGOD on your safe landing. God shall let you reap the good fruit of the land.

NWAGOD said:
Hello people, sorry it has taking me a while to update on my landing experience. I landed in Calgary on the 17th of April. It was a smooth one. No POF was asked. Just exchanged pleasantries and talks about the weather condition in Calgary with the immigration officer as he completes my COPR and asked me to sign. After signing he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen, including the right to vote...that was his words. He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe, that in 3 years time, I will need it if I want to apply for citizenship. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or less...I have not gotten that till today anyway.The custom officer asked how much i have with me, and when i told him, he said 'i don't want to see it anyway''...lol, asked if i have food stuff and or meat, I told him yes, but no meat. He did'nt search. Guess he was tired.

My friend who has been in Calgary since November last year picked me at the airport and took me to my house which he helped to secure. I have since gotten my SIN, and registered with Alberta health. Just last week I passed the driving knowledge test and got my Class 7 licence which is just like leaners permit. Gave them my Nigerian driving licence for verification and if accepted, I will upgrade to class 5. I have also opened a bank account.

One challenge was getting a phone. My phone did not work in any network here because i bought it from the UK. They said UK phones are not compatible with there networks...I had to buy a new phone...unplanned expenses. Secondly my laptop charger has three pins, Its not also compatible with the sockets here, i have to borrow charger from a flatmate but i have ordered for a socket converter shaa...same goes to my clipper...I had to buy new one because apart from socket compatibility, I understand there is voltage difference...110v vs 220v or sth...smh... another unplanned expense.
But favour is my surename, met some Nigerians here immediately I came in and they made some calls and I got a job after two weeks. I think man-know-man works here somehow. Not a professional job though but it will pay the bill while I settle and wait for the oil price to pick up...lol.

To the issue of when to apply to citizenship, am hearing rumour that its now 5 years and not 3. I don't know but what I have in the letter that accompanied my visa is 3 years and thats what I was told by the immigration officer.

One more thing, I will advise people to make their travel either end of the month or beginning of the month because every bill here is paid that time, including bus tickets. Expect you guys in Canada soon. All the best.

So far so very good. To God be the glory!!!

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
kay_diwe2014 said:
Congrats Toronto_Raptor...That was fast though.. Was that less than one week or just about a week from receipt of PP?
PPR was received on May 8th. Passports were sent and delivered to AVO on May 11th and 14th respectively.

My appreciation to everyone, God bless you all.

eno12

Feb 10, 2015
please i need assistance, Do any one know where to address the updated police report to?

tundebond 12 said:
Join me and praise the Lord, MR dropped in my mail box around 2pm on the 25th.........
- MR for all the family members.
- Payment for RPRF.
- update police report.
- filling of military data form for my husband.

My time line..... application received on the 23rd July 2014.PER on the 18 November 2014.

Major

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2014
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
AOR Received.
11/01/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
unknown
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
NWAGOD said:
Hello people, sorry it has taking me a while to update on my landing experience. I landed in Calgary on the 17th of April. It was a smooth one. No POF was asked. Just exchanged pleasantries and talks about the weather condition in Calgary with the immigration officer as he completes my COPR and asked me to sign. After signing he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen, including the right to vote...that was his words. He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe, that in 3 years time, I will need it if I want to apply for citizenship. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or less...I have not gotten that till today anyway.The custom officer asked how much i have with me, and when i told him, he said 'i don't want to see it anyway''...lol, asked if i have food stuff and or meat, I told him yes, but no meat. He did'nt search. Guess he was tired.

My friend who has been in Calgary since November last year picked me at the airport and took me to my house which he helped to secure. I have since gotten my SIN, and registered with Alberta health. Just last week I passed the driving knowledge test and got my Class 7 licence which is just like leaners permit. Gave them my Nigerian driving licence for verification and if accepted, I will upgrade to class 5. I have also opened a bank account.

One challenge was getting a phone. My phone did not work in any network here because i bought it from the UK. They said UK phones are not compatible with there networks...I had to buy a new phone...unplanned expenses. Secondly my laptop charger has three pins, Its not also compatible with the sockets here, i have to borrow charger from a flatmate but i have ordered for a socket converter shaa...same goes to my clipper...I had to buy new one because apart from socket compatibility, I understand there is voltage difference...110v vs 220v or sth...smh... another unplanned expense.
But favour is my surename, met some Nigerians here immediately I came in and they made some calls and I got a job after two weeks. I think man-know-man works here somehow. Not a professional job though but it will pay the bill while I settle and wait for the oil price to pick up...lol.

To the issue of when to apply to citizenship, am hearing rumour that its now 5 years and not 3. I don't know but what I have in the letter that accompanied my visa is 3 years and thats what I was told by the immigration officer.

One more thing, I will advise people to make their travel either end of the month or beginning of the month because every bill here is paid that time, including bus tickets. Expect you guys in Canada soon. All the best.

Big big congrats.

Edionwa

Mar 12, 2015
eno12 said:
please i need assistance, Do any one know where to address the updated police report to?
It should be sent to the Accra Visa Office of the Department of Citizenship & Immigration Canada, using the following address:

Immigration Program, Immigration Section, High Commission of Canada, 42 Independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana.

All the best wishes!

TTGold

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with the applicant
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-12-2015
Toronto_Raptor said:
Mail Received from AccraImmigration today at 12.30PM ... Meanwhile I have Crip-Walked to DHL and back already! ;D

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

P.O. Box 1639

Congrats T. Raptor

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congrats!

bonblu said:
How great is my God , sing with me, How great is my God,

MY PPR just landed people..
am a june applicant, 2014, did my medicals in April, and i was about to close for the day, i go the best pre birthday gift ever in my entire life..
GOD bless you all..

Thanks a lot PiPi's Husband and the rest of you guys in these forum..

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congrats T-Raptor.

Toronto_Raptor said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Best regards,

Immigration Section

P.O. Box 1639

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations and thanks for the update; may God continue to grant you His divine favour in your new country IJMN!

NWAGOD said:

DoubleBam

Apr 11, 2015
Congrats Toronto_Raptor.

You are at the finish line; celebrate like Usain Bolt 8)

Toronto_Raptor said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Best regards,

Immigration Section

P.O. Box 1639

DoubleBam

Apr 11, 2015
Congrats NWAGOD and thanks for the update - its very helpful!

NWAGOD said:

TKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
NWAGOD said:

CONGRATS! ON YOUR LANDING NWAGOD. WE'RE HAPPY TO READ YOUR ACCOUNT OF THE EXPERIENCE. WISHING YOUR GREATER FAVOUR AND HELP OF THE ALMIGHTY

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Toronto_Raptor said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Best regards,

Immigration Section

P.O. Box 1639

Yaaaayyyyyy!!! Dancing azonto for my buddy. Congratulations T_Raptor it has ended in praise oooooohhhhhhh!!!!