Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
NWAGOD said:
Hello people, sorry it has taking me a while to update on my landing experience. I landed in Calgary on the 17th of April. It was a smooth one. No POF was asked. Just exchanged pleasantries and talks about the weather condition in Calgary with the immigration officer as he completes my COPR and asked me to sign. After signing he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen, including the right to vote...that was his words. He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe, that in 3 years time, I will need it if I want to apply for citizenship. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or less...I have not gotten that till today anyway.The custom officer asked how much i have with me, and when i told him, he said 'i don't want to see it anyway''...lol, asked if i have food stuff and or meat, I told him yes, but no meat. He did'nt search. Guess he was tired.

My friend who has been in Calgary since November last year picked me at the airport and took me to my house which he helped to secure. I have since gotten my SIN, and registered with Alberta health. Just last week I passed the driving knowledge test and got my Class 7 licence which is just like leaners permit. Gave them my Nigerian driving licence for verification and if accepted, I will upgrade to class 5. I have also opened a bank account.

One challenge was getting a phone. My phone did not work in any network here because i bought it from the UK. They said UK phones are not compatible with there networks...I had to buy a new phone...unplanned expenses. Secondly my laptop charger has three pins, Its not also compatible with the sockets here, i have to borrow charger from a flatmate but i have ordered for a socket converter shaa...same goes to my clipper...I had to buy new one because apart from socket compatibility, I understand there is voltage difference...110v vs 220v or sth...smh... another unplanned expense.
But favour is my surename, met some Nigerians here immediately I came in and they made some calls and I got a job after two weeks. I think man-know-man works here somehow. Not a professional job though but it will pay the bill while I settle and wait for the oil price to pick up...lol.

To the issue of when to apply to citizenship, am hearing rumour that its now 5 years and not 3. I don't know but what I have in the letter that accompanied my visa is 3 years and thats what I was told by the immigration officer.

One more thing, I will advise people to make their travel either end of the month or beginning of the month because every bill here is paid that time, including bus tickets. Expect you guys in Canada soon. All the best.

So far so very good. To God be the glory!!!
congrat on your safe landing and thanks for sharing the information

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
NWAGOD said:
Hello people, sorry it has taking me a while to update on my landing experience. I landed in Calgary on the 17th of April. It was a smooth one. No POF was asked. Just exchanged pleasantries and talks about the weather condition in Calgary with the immigration officer as he completes my COPR and asked me to sign. After signing he congratulated me and told me that am now a permanent resident of canada, that I have every right just like a citizen, including the right to vote...that was his words. He asked me to keep my copy of COPR very safe, that in 3 years time, I will need it if I want to apply for citizenship. He told me to expect my PR card in two months or less...I have not gotten that till today anyway.The custom officer asked how much i have with me, and when i told him, he said 'i don't want to see it anyway''...lol, asked if i have food stuff and or meat, I told him yes, but no meat. He did'nt search. Guess he was tired.

My friend who has been in Calgary since November last year picked me at the airport and took me to my house which he helped to secure. I have since gotten my SIN, and registered with Alberta health. Just last week I passed the driving knowledge test and got my Class 7 licence which is just like leaners permit. Gave them my Nigerian driving licence for verification and if accepted, I will upgrade to class 5. I have also opened a bank account.

One challenge was getting a phone. My phone did not work in any network here because i bought it from the UK. They said UK phones are not compatible with there networks...I had to buy a new phone...unplanned expenses. Secondly my laptop charger has three pins, Its not also compatible with the sockets here, i have to borrow charger from a flatmate but i have ordered for a socket converter shaa...same goes to my clipper...I had to buy new one because apart from socket compatibility, I understand there is voltage difference...110v vs 220v or sth...smh... another unplanned expense.
But favour is my surename, met some Nigerians here immediately I came in and they made some calls and I got a job after two weeks. I think man-know-man works here somehow. Not a professional job though but it will pay the bill while I settle and wait for the oil price to pick up...lol.

To the issue of when to apply to citizenship, am hearing rumour that its now 5 years and not 3. I don't know but what I have in the letter that accompanied my visa is 3 years and thats what I was told by the immigration officer.

One more thing, I will advise people to make their travel either end of the month or beginning of the month because every bill here is paid that time, including bus tickets. Expect you guys in Canada soon. All the best.

What an experience. Thank you for this information. Remain favoured and blessed.

soundcode

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
9-MARCH-2015
Med's Request
X-JUNE-2016
Med's Done....
X-JUNE-2016
Interview........
WAIVED BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
X-JUNE-2016 BY GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
SOONEST
LANDED..........
SOONEST
Hello Everybody,
I'm new to the forum. I got my PER on 11th Mar, 2015 so i still fresh in the system. However I thank everyone for all your wonderful posts, they give us an insight into the entire process and I will be following closely on the progress. ;)

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Toronto_Raptor said:
Mail Received from AccraImmigration today at 12.30PM ... Meanwhile I have Crip-Walked to DHL and back already! ;D

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

nice one,congrats bro...so this means they dont suggest any courier company anymore

calgary family

Star Member
May 11, 2015
soundcode said:
Hello Everybody,
I'm new to the forum. I got my PER on 11th Mar, 2015 so i still fresh in the system. However I thank everyone for all your wonderful posts, they give us an insight into the entire process and I will be following closely on the progress. ;)
Welcome

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
Sambade said:
nice one,congrats bro...so this means they dont suggest any courier company anymore
Hi Sambade, AVO will recommend DHL in the PPR Mail. See sample mail under...

Dear T_Rap,
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)

You are asked to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 15 days. We recommend DHL courier, using a pre-paid return envelope.

OR

You may also use the services of VFS Global Ghana by following the instructions on their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ghana/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.

Applicants residing in Nigeria (PASSPORT SUBMISSION ONLY)

You may use the services of VFS Global Nigeria by following the instructions on their website at:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section. If you received a letter requesting additional documents, please use a courier service.

Please note that submission of passport(s) in person will not be accepted at the Canadian High Commission.

Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.

The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results (12/03/2016) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.

As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. There may, however, be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:

☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:

There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)

☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS LETTER IN YOUR ENVELOPE.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section

calgary family

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Toronto_Raptor said:

Dear T_Rap,
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)

You are asked to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 15 days. We recommend DHL courier, using a pre-paid return envelope.

OR

You may also use the services of VFS Global Ghana by following the instructions on their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ghana/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.

You may use the services of VFS Global Nigeria by following the instructions on their website at:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section. If you received a letter requesting additional documents, please use a courier service.

Please note that submission of passport(s) in person will not be accepted at the Canadian High Commission.

Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.

The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results (12/03/2016) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.

As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. There may, however, be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:

☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:

There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)

☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.

Regards,

Immigration Section
What a fulfilling message, congratulations Toronto raptor.i connect with your success in Jesus name.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
NWAGOD said:

Thank God for safe landing.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto_Raptor said:
Mail Received from AccraImmigration today at 12.30PM ... Meanwhile I have Crip-Walked to DHL and back already! ;D

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

big congrats

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
Mz. Johnson said:
Yaaaayyyyyy!!! Dancing azonto for my buddy. Congratulations T_Raptor it has ended in praise oooooohhhhhhh!!!!
Thanks a lot buddy! I fall in line for that azonto! ;D
General Johnson, when your update comes, we will scatter the dance floor! ... Trust me, I'm Looking Up and Out!

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Toronto_Raptor said:

Dear T_Rap,

PASSPORT(S)

OR

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:

Regards,

Immigration Section

wow!!!!! thanks for sharing you are always so helpful....congratulations once again....i will get this email soon :p

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
soundcode said:
Hello Everybody,
hello buddie,welcome on board...pls share your timeline:your app date

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Toronto_Raptor said:

Dear T_Rap,

PASSPORT(S)

OR

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:

Regards,

Immigration Section
What a finishing line? I claim and connect with this for my wife (PA) and my family in Jesus name (Amen).

teebaby

Aug 14, 2014
Hello Guys,

Congratulations to all who have had one update or the other since January. We bless God Almighty for everything. May the good Lord complete that which has started in Jesus name amen. It will END IN PRAISE for all applicants.

I hereby enjoin everyone to please update the SS. It is very important we keep track of the timelines. Please click on these links:

2014 Nigerian applicants entry link: http://goo.gl/forms/wjgGULXe3D

2014 Nigerian applicants Spreadsheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XlAYwn8sBOYeZyuFP7cOok7oFacisg95Jx1zcrcBjQQ/edit#gid=639575799

Thank you and God bless. UPDATE THE SS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
soundcode said:
Hello Everybody,
welcome on board, kindly enter your details in the spreadsheet below