Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
DoubleBam said:
I was on the field for a larger part of the time today. I just came in to the office a couple of hours ago and decided to check my mail box. Beloved, lo and behold a mail from ACCRAIMMIGRATION.... Smiling @ me - and when I opened it........my PPR.
I am extremely happy; Canny dream becoming a reality. I don't even care about my ECAS that can't be assessed again; I leave that to CIC once am getting joyful mails from them.

But seniors kindly still help in clearing this doubt:

A section of my PPR reads: "THE FOLLOWING INFO & DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQD TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
1) Updated family info: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition.........
2) 2 passport photos for each family member .........
3) Height and eye colour chart ........."

Are these instructions same for all applicants? I am asking because I have recently updated AVO with these info before my medicals.

Should these form/docs/photos be included in the envelop with my passport?

I wish everyone a speedy application process.
Congrats DoubleBam. It has actually ended in praise. God, be praised....

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
DoubleBam said:
I was on the field for a larger part of the time today. I just came in to the office a couple of hours ago and decided to check my mail box. Beloved, lo and behold a mail from ACCRAIMMIGRATION.... Smiling @ me - and when I opened it........my PPR.
I am extremely happy; Canny dream becoming a reality. I don't even care about my ECAS that can't be assessed again; I leave that to CIC once am getting joyful mails from them.

A section of my PPR reads: "THE FOLLOWING INFO & DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQD TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
1) Updated family info: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition.........

Are these instructions same for all applicants? I am asking because I have recently updated AVO with these info before my medicals.

Congratulations Double am!

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Toronto_Raptor said:
Friday May 8, 2015: I was in transit most of the early hours of the day - heading to my head office to have a meeting/strategy session ... this meeting ended quite late and this is why I could not get online to talk on the forum.

So while on transit I looked at my mobile phone at about 13:38pm and saw 3 new Yahoo! messages ... My intuition said to me "there's an update from Accra". I unlocked the phone and then went straight to the Yahoo inbox and there it was staring at me - an email from ACCRAIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca

My heart starts thumping! What could this be?! I hope they are not asking for another update or something to slow me down further?? So I opened the mail with quick trembling fingers searching to see if I will find a particular set of words I have stored in my mind for long time now.
And bam!! there were the words staring at me "Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear(s) ready to be issued....."

I didn't bother reading further, I just forwarded the message to wifey immediately! I called her on the phone so I could hear the sounds of jubilation (and celebrate vicariously) since I couldn't do any jubilation in the midst of my colleagues at work.

I just managed to read through the mail a while ago. ;D
All praises be to the Almighty God, he will surely see us all through.

Summary of my rant - I have received PPR o! I will be dancing Sekem to DHL on Monday morning! ;D ;D
Happy Weekend Everyone!
Congrats, T-Raptor it has ended in praise ton the most high God.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Toronto_Raptor said:
Friday May 8, 2015: I was in transit most of the early hours of the day - heading to my head office to have a meeting/strategy session ... this meeting ended quite late and this is why I could not get online to talk on the forum.

So while on transit I looked at my mobile phone at about 13:38pm and saw 3 new Yahoo! messages ... My intuition said to me "there's an update from Accra". I unlocked the phone and then went straight to the Yahoo inbox and there it was staring at me - an email from ACCRAIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca

My heart starts thumping! What could this be?! I hope they are not asking for another update or something to slow me down further?? So I opened the mail with quick trembling fingers searching to see if I will find a particular set of words I have stored in my mind for long time now.
And bam!! there were the words staring at me "Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear(s) ready to be issued....."

I didn't bother reading further, I just forwarded the message to wifey immediately! I called her on the phone so I could hear the sounds of jubilation (and celebrate vicariously) since I couldn't do any jubilation in the midst of my colleagues at work.

Summary of my rant - I have received PPR o! I will be dancing Sekem to DHL on Monday morning! ;D ;D
Happy Weekend Everyone!
This is a wonderful news. I rejoice and celebrate with you. It has actually ended in praise for you & family. I will receive wonderful, positive news from AVO at every point in time unto the end in Jesus name (Amen).

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
De Explorer said:
Visiting the USA is not Visa free for Canadian PR holders. You still need a US visa.
It is actually visa free if you're originally from a commonwealth nation and Nigeria is a commonwealth nation. Read further on link under.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/information-for-canadians/canadians-requiring-visas.html

De Explorer

Apr 30, 2015
I have visited the said link and there is no information that Nigerians with Canadian PR can visit the USA without a visa. The emphasis is on Canadian Citizens not PR

obafemi

Feb 26, 2015
De Explorer said:
I have visited the said link and there is no information that Nigerians with Canadian PR can visit the USA without a visa. The emphasis is on Canadian Citizens not PR
from my understanding, I spoke with a friend currently in Edmonton and with PR.he said Nigerian passport with PR will need visa to go to US that there's no transit visa.
He also said the visa will be 10 years.

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
De Explorer said:
You're right. Well we should not worry too much about this, in my opinion. Even if a visa will be required it wouldn't be much of a hassle I want to believe.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Toronto_Raptor said:
You're right. Well we should not worry too much about this, in my opinion. Even if a visa will be required it wouldn't be much of a hassle I want to believe.

Yea i agree....Nigerian PR holders need visa to visit USA from Canada,and its always 10yrs and is issued without much hassles unlike applying for same from Nigeria.that by the side when you have a Canadian citizenship that's when you no more need visa to frequent Canada.

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
I wonder how it is to work in the US with a Canadian passport or PR?

gentleiphy said:
Yea i agree....Nigerian PR holders need visa to visit USA from Canada,and its always 10yrs and is issued without much hassles unlike applying for same from Nigeria.that by the side when you have a Canadian citizenship that's when you no more need visa to frequent Canada.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats DoubleBam.

DoubleBam said:

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats Toronto_Raptor...................I know that feeling! Especially that you got it while at work!

Toronto_Raptor said:

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Congratulations to Double Bam and Toronto_Rap.. and every one who got positive updates.

It is well.. and may God finalise this for you.

Cheers

princessayinke

Dec 25, 2014
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Praying
Med's Request
Praying
Med's Done....
Praying
Passport Req..
By God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
By God's grace
LANDED..........
I will surely testify
my application got to cic on december 29th 2014, this is may and i understand quite well that fsw 2014 officially closed in April. I have not heard anything from cic concerning PER nor whether my application has been returned due to global/NOC app reached. i was adviced to put a call through to them which i have done severally and it keeps telling me that there's no agent to attend to me because of the high volume of callers. I want to find out if late december applicants are still getting per? i am really concerned about the original documents i have submitted in my application because i will need them to process other things. How long should i keep waiting for?

princessayinke

Dec 25, 2014
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Praying
Med's Request
Praying
Med's Done....
Praying
Passport Req..
By God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
By God's grace
LANDED..........
I will surely testify
my application got to cic on december 29th 2014, this is may and i understand quite well that fsw 2014 officially closed in April. I have not heard anything from cic concerning PER nor whether my application has been returned due to global/NOC app reached. i was adviced to put a call through to them which i have done severally and it keeps telling me that there's no agent to attend to me because of the high volume of callers. I want to find out if late december applicants are still getting per? i am really concerned about the original documents i have submitted in my application because i will need them to process other things. How long should i keep waiting for?