+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Anyi Nature

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
orirefavour said:
I have a challenge o. Got my ppr on the 18th march. Had to renew my passport but realised upon capturing that my fingertips had been compromised. Sent to Abuja to rectify it. But they actually made a big issue out of it. Has anyone missed the PPR 15days time limit. What evidence can I attach to this effect so I can send to the Accra visa office
Hi there, I really sympathise with you on your challenges regarding passport. However, it would be better if perhaps you could shed more light on what went wrong exacting so that people might be in a better position to advice or offer some opinion. Having said that, I don't think that if you send AVO a mail explaining your plight and attaching any supporting evidence (correspondences with Abuja passport Office), you would miss. They are humans you know it would probably delay your progress just a bit. Good luck mate.

Lolesky

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Oct. 2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
Interview........
9th March, 2016
success4life said:
Congrats meemee. God is good.

My people Visas and Copr received today. Praise the Lord!

The Lord will perfect everything for us all in Jesus name.

Abeg help me thank God o. :D ;D
I rejoice with you, congrats, your preparation to land with be stress free, and God will prepare the place for you IJN.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
motivated said:
My dear forumites,
This is to inform you all that we (Child and I) landed in Canada at the Toronto Pearson airport at about 17:10 on thursday March 26, 2015. We traveled with Delta Airline through the US, while my wife did her landing via a US-Canada Border on Friday March 27, 2015 as she lives in Canada doing her postgraduate program.

As others have mentioned, the landing procedure was quick, smooth and fast. No request for PoF. The officer only asked to confirm how much we had in cash. I provided a list of accompanying goods (though just two items) on a form provided but was informed that it could be done later if I didnt have the information there. On food stuff items, we were only asked the type of food stuff which was majorly dried fish, beans and peanuts - wifeys request. This was marked in the form given onboard the plane.

We also got our Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) and have opened bank accounts for me and our child. Wifey already had hers. We spent the weekend visiting family and getting some items at our booked temporary accommodation. We will be following up on our health cards during the week, lease search and visiting the school already arranged for our child. I am already reading to take my driving licence test this week hopefully. We were informed that the PR cards will be ready in 6 weeks and I have put in place plans to have that sent to me since i will still be moving back and forth from my job in Nigeria for now till i finalize my move while my family settles in well in Canada.

I wish everyone the best in their applications.
Another beautiful ending, may the land be a place of greatness for u. Congratulations Motivated

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
success4life said:

Big congrats.

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
orirefavour said:
I have a challenge o. Got my ppr on the 18th march. Had to renew my passport but realised upon capturing that my fingertips had been compromised. Sent to Abuja to rectify it. But they actually made a big issue out of it. Has anyone missed the PPR 15days time limit. What evidence can I attach to this effect so I can send to the Accra visa office
Hello mate, I am not sure we understand what you mean by "Had to renew my passport but realised upon capturing that my fingertips had been compromised."
You may need to break it down for the issue to be well understood so that proper advice can be given.

More importantly, try to calm down and do not panic so as not to rush into making the wrong moves. I know a lot of people in this journey have encountered all sorts of heavy issues that they eventually moved beyond successfully ... so keep your head up!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
meemee said:
Hi everyone,

pick up mail received today. God is awesome!!!

Congrats to everyone with updates.
Congrats again meemee, it's been quite a ride but we bless God :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
success4life said:

What a successful end, congrats! Indeed, we join you to thank God and pray for your continued success in your new life in Canada :)

success4life

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
SOON IJN
My good people. Thank you for your wishes and prayers.

May the good Lord crown all our efforts with good success.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
meemee said:
Hi everyone,

Congrats sis

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats meemee

meemee said:
Hi everyone,

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats success4life

success4life said:

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hello All,
I am a newbie here, and I have gone through the 634 thread patiently. Please find below my application details and advice if what I recieved is the PER as some terms are sounding strange

Application Sent: 24th October 2014
Application Recieved: 4th November 2014.

I got the email below from CIC on the 4th of February 2015, please seniors advice if it is my PER and also advice how many months I will wait for the next phase as I plan to wed by August so I can update the AVO of my spouse details.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.

Your application has now been placed into processing.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of $550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in 6751). Your receipt number is xxxxxxxxxx. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Christamario said:
Hello All,
I am a newbie here, and I have gone through the 634 thread patiently. Please find below my application details and advice if what I recieved is the PER as some terms are sounding strange

Application Sent: 24th October 2014
Application Recieved: 4th November 2014.

I got the email below from CIC on the 4th of February 2015, please seniors advice if it is my PER and also advice how many months I will wait for the next phase as I plan to wed by August so I can update the AVO of my spouse details.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on May 1, 2014. However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.

Your application has now been placed into processing.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of $550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in 6751). Your receipt number is xxxxxxxxxx. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.
Hi, congratulations, This is indeed your PER, see the highlighted portion in it now. Welcome on board the train, you can now wait patiently for the next stage which may come in about 4 months or less as you'll have to wait your turn on the queue.

The next communication to you will be from Accra Visa Office and may be a request for updated proof of funds, a new Police clearance certificate, a clarification on any of the documents you submitted to CIO or a request to proceed for your Medical examinations.

You can check out our Google spread sheet using the link below to see how other Nigerian applicants have been faring as their applications are processed. We would appreciate if you also entered your details in the spreadsheet so others can learn from your own progress.

All the best on the rest of the journey :)