FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oscartan said:
We're very grateful to God for a successful landing at Calgary on 05 March 2015. We got through the entire process without much hassles. This journey started in 2013 when I got interested in the FSWP but got my application returned due to “cap full” for my NOC. Like many others we crossed our hands waiting for 01 January 2015 to apply for EE when suddenly CIC announced FSWP in April 2014! Would have submitted on May 1 but for POF! Eventually sent our application package on 08 May and was rewarded with Maple leafs and CoPRs on 23 Dec 2014.
Our tickets (Ethiopia Air + Air Canada) were ready on 30 Dec 2014 to fly on 04 March 2015. The flights were Abuja-Addis: 4.30hrs duration; 2hrs wait time, Addis-Toronto: 15hrs duration, 3hrs wait time and Toronto-Calgary: 4hrs. The wait time at Toronto eventually increased because we missed our Calgary bound flight by some minutes. We didn't have the 3hrs wait time because Ethiopia Air flight was delayed by 1hr. So we had only 2hrs to do our landing procedures. The landing procedure was smooth and easy though, but there were too many people to attend to before it got to our turn. If you must take this route, then plan to have a minimum of 5hrs wait time between your flights. Although my 3hrs estimate would have been fine if not for the 1hr delay by Ethiopia Air from Addis. The landing procedure involved customs and immigration checks. At customs, we submitted the cards provided on-board and questions about whether we were carrying alcohol, dairy products, veges and >C$10k were asked. We had dried vegetables and they circled that portion of the form with RED marker. I thought that will portend trouble, but alas, they didn't even check or disturb us when we finally took our luggage through the last customs checkpoint. At immigration, passport checks, signing of COPRs and a warm “Welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent Resident. You will be required to stay in-country for a minimum of 2yrs for the first 5yrs in order to maintain your status” As if the officer know say I no wan stay!!
During the entire trip, kids were all excited and had fun throughout. Movies, games, foods, drinks, story books and drawing/coloring workbooks were provided for the kids in-flight. During the extended wait at Toronto Airport we discovered a playground in the facility and that kept the kids occupied till we were ready to check-in. We also took out time at the Airport to sing and worship God and prayed the all-important Joshua 1:3 prayer and spoke into our future in the land. The kids eventually had a total shutdown during the Toronto-Calgary flight!
This is a short-landing for me. So we are just chilling and having fun at our new abode for the weekend. SIN, Bank/Credit cards, Kids School have all been scheduled for next week. We've secured appointment with Scotia Bank for Monday Afternoon. The banker I spoke with sounded so excited and already promising many great benefits from the bank! I know say na wayo sha. No bank dey give free lunch. No bank is Father Christmas, even in Switzerland.
Well, that's a summary of my story so far. If you still need some details on my landing experience, or any other issues pls feel free to do me a PM and I'd gladly respond. I wish you a smoother and a more seamless landing experience for those planning to move soon. And a quick response from CIC and AVO for those awaiting CC, DD, PER, MR, PPR and PRs. Our God is ABLE it for you too.
Thanks a lot for the details.

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Congratulations to your family and yon. God's favour and blessings in your new land.

oscartan said:
We're very grateful to God for a successful landing at Calgary on 05 March 2015. We got through the entire process without much hassles. This journey started in 2013 when I got interested in the FSWP but got my application returned due to “cap full” for my NOC. Like many others we crossed our hands waiting for 01 January 2015 to apply for EE when suddenly CIC announced FSWP in April 2014! Would have submitted on May 1 but for POF! Eventually sent our application package on 08 May and was rewarded with Maple leafs and CoPRs on 23 Dec 2014.
Our tickets (Ethiopia Air + Air Canada) were ready on 30 Dec 2014 to fly on 04 March 2015. The flights were Abuja-Addis: 4.30hrs duration; 2hrs wait time, Addis-Toronto: 15hrs duration, 3hrs wait time and Toronto-Calgary: 4hrs. The wait time at Toronto eventually increased because we missed our Calgary bound flight by some minutes. We didn't have the 3hrs wait time because Ethiopia Air flight was delayed by 1hr. So we had only 2hrs to do our landing procedures. The landing procedure was smooth and easy though, but there were too many people to attend to before it got to our turn. If you must take this route, then plan to have a minimum of 5hrs wait time between your flights. Although my 3hrs estimate would have been fine if not for the 1hr delay by Ethiopia Air from Addis. The landing procedure involved customs and immigration checks. At customs, we submitted the cards provided on-board and questions about whether we were carrying alcohol, dairy products, veges and >C$10k were asked. We had dried vegetables and they circled that portion of the form with RED marker. I thought that will portend trouble, but alas, they didn't even check or disturb us when we finally took our luggage through the last customs checkpoint. At immigration, passport checks, signing of COPRs and a warm “Welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent Resident. You will be required to stay in-country for a minimum of 2yrs for the first 5yrs in order to maintain your status” As if the officer know say I no wan stay!!
During the entire trip, kids were all excited and had fun throughout. Movies, games, foods, drinks, story books and drawing/coloring workbooks were provided for the kids in-flight. During the extended wait at Toronto Airport we discovered a playground in the facility and that kept the kids occupied till we were ready to check-in. We also took out time at the Airport to sing and worship God and prayed the all-important Joshua 1:3 prayer and spoke into our future in the land. The kids eventually had a total shutdown during the Toronto-Calgary flight!
This is a short-landing for me. So we are just chilling and having fun at our new abode for the weekend. SIN, Bank/Credit cards, Kids School have all been scheduled for next week. We've secured appointment with Scotia Bank for Monday Afternoon. The banker I spoke with sounded so excited and already promising many great benefits from the bank! I know say na wayo sha. No bank dey give free lunch. No bank is Father Christmas, even in Switzerland.
Well, that's a summary of my story so far. If you still need some details on my landing experience, or any other issues pls feel free to do me a PM and I'd gladly respond. I wish you a smoother and a more seamless landing experience for those planning to move soon. And a quick response from CIC and AVO for those awaiting CC, DD, PER, MR, PPR and PRs. Our God is ABLE it for you too.

sasquatch_23

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 09, 2014
Nomination.....
November 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER: December 29, 2014
IELTS Request
2nd Line: Aug 06, 2015 (Dated December 10, 2014)
File Transfer...
3rd Line: Aug 06, 2015 (Dated December 29, 2014)
Med's Request
August 13, 2015
Med's Done....
August 17, 2015 (Dependent: September 1, 2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30, 2015 (Sent: October 1, 2015 / Received: October 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
October 19, 2015 (Decision Made: October 20, 2015 / Rcvd & Fwded by Agent: October 27, 2015 / On Hand: November 2, 2015)
LANDED..........
April 2016
oscartan said:
Happy for your blessings brother. I am planning to land in Calgary also. May God bless you more. ;) ;) ;)

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
shoby said:
dear all,

my application was received on the 19th December, 2014, but as we speak no form of acknowledgement of receipt from CIC . my NOC is 2131. also how would i know if my draft had been presented by CIC. secondly, how can i get intouch with CIC to check on the progress of my application. anybody with useful information should please respond.
call CIC on +16139444000 and listen to voice pprompt

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations on your successful land. Wishing you God's grace and providence as you settle in your new country.

oscartan said:

Barinnbomi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
oscartan said:

Congratulations and thank God for safe landing.....

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
oscartan said:
Congrats Oscartan for your safe landing...God completes every work he starts and he has worked it out already for you and your family...Keep one room for us o.o

Demitemi

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
We thank God for His mercies. So grateful for the information and we will surely contact you as our forerunner.
Enjoy your new New abode.

oscartan said:

success4life

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
SOON IJN
oscartan said:
Congratulations. the land will be green for you. Amen

Oluspe

Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Jan-2013
Nomination.....
16-May-2013
oscartan said:
Congrats

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
oscartan said:
Yaaaayyyyyyyy!!!! Oscartan my personal person, I'm so happy for you. I thank God for everything,to him be all the glory. Enjoy yourself and God bless you in the Maple Leaf Country.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
oscartan said:
Praise God!

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
oscartan said:
We're very grateful to God for a successful landing at Calgary on 05 March 2015............. Our God is ABLE it for you too.
Congratulations oscartan. May you encounter favour

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Flosure said:
Thanks to God for journey mercies & favour all the way from Nigeria to Canada. I wish you all the best in all your endeavours in Canada.
Thanks Flosure.