+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Wishing AVO staff a happy and refreshing farmers' day. May they come back next week rejuvenated and start the much-awaited torrential MR rain.

Happy weekend to the House

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Preferred said:
Wishing AVO staff a happy and refreshing farmers' day. May they come back next week rejuvenated and start the much-awaited torrential MR rain.

Happy weekend to the House
Independence day celebration actually. Yes o, they resume and fire on!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
success4life said:
hello Pipis Husband, howz Pipi

Can you kindly effect the changes for those of us with PPR and MR on the spreadsheet or guide us on how we can make the changes

thanks
Hi, Pipi is doing great. I've just updated your PPR date and hope to hear about your Visa received soon :)

success4life

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
SOON IJN
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, Pipi is doing great. I've just updated your PPR date and hope to hear about your Visa received soon :)
Amen! thanks as always. :D

Blessed Canadian

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/05/2014
Nomination.....
12/08/2014
Med's Request
10/12/2014
Med's Done....
17/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/03/2015
LANDED..........
April / May 2015
@ Pipi husband

Pls also update d spreadsheet with my PPR

God Bless you

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Blessed Canadian said:
@ Pipi husband

Pls also update d spreadsheet with my PPR

God Bless you
Hi Blessed, your entry in the SS has been updated. Can't wait to update your Visa received.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
obinja said:
Independence day celebration actually. Yes o, they resume and fire on!

You are right farmer's day is celebrated in Dec. The staff should come back re-energised fa. Cos Easter break is knocking too.

BJSAMUEL

Jan 14, 2015
LARAZ said:
Hello peeps, glory be to God. I got my PER yesterday.

See my timeline:

NOC: 1114

Application date : dec 17,2014
DD cleared : 9 or 10 of February
PER: March 5, 2015.

This can only be God because I made silly mistakes which God covered up for me. For instance, my ref letter did not state that I am full staff and it did not state the number of hours worked.

It will end in praise.
Congrats LARAZ!!!
I'm happy for you. Welcome to the MR waiting club...

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hi PH, can you move Jmoney and onenigeria to the PPR stage on the spreadsheet and pickabull to visa issued. Cheers.

Pipis Husband said:
Hi Blessed, your entry in the SS has been updated. Can't wait to update your Visa received.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
We’re very grateful to God for a successful landing at Calgary on 05 March 2015. We got through the entire process without much hassles. This journey started in 2013 when I got interested in the FSWP but got my application returned due to “cap full” for my NOC. Like many others we crossed our hands waiting for 01 January 2015 to apply for EE when suddenly CIC announced FSWP in April 2014! Would have submitted on May 1 but for POF! Eventually sent our application package on 08 May and was rewarded with Maple leafs and CoPRs on 23 Dec 2014.
Our tickets (Ethiopia Air + Air Canada) were ready on 30 Dec 2014 to fly on 04 March 2015. The flights were Abuja-Addis: 4.30hrs duration; 2hrs wait time, Addis-Toronto: 15hrs duration, 3hrs wait time and Toronto-Calgary: 4hrs. The wait time at Toronto eventually increased because we missed our Calgary bound flight by some minutes. We didn’t have the 3hrs wait time because Ethiopia Air flight was delayed by 1hr. So we had only 2hrs to do our landing procedures. The landing procedure was smooth and easy though, but there were too many people to attend to before it got to our turn. If you must take this route, then plan to have a minimum of 5hrs wait time between your flights. Although my 3hrs estimate would have been fine if not for the 1hr delay by Ethiopia Air from Addis. The landing procedure involved customs and immigration checks. At customs, we submitted the cards provided on-board and questions about whether we were carrying alcohol, dairy products, veges and >C$10k were asked. We had dried vegetables and they circled that portion of the form with RED marker. I thought that will portend trouble, but alas, they didn't even check or disturb us when we finally took our luggage through the last customs checkpoint. At immigration, passport checks, signing of COPRs and a warm “Welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent Resident. You will be required to stay in-country for a minimum of 2yrs for the first 5yrs in order to maintain your status” As if the officer know say I no wan stay!!
During the entire trip, kids were all excited and had fun throughout. Movies, games, foods, drinks, story books and drawing/coloring workbooks were provided for the kids in-flight. During the extended wait at Toronto Airport we discovered a playground in the facility and that kept the kids occupied till we were ready to check-in. We also took out time at the Airport to sing and worship God and prayed the all-important Joshua 1:3 prayer and spoke into our future in the land. The kids eventually had a total shutdown during the Toronto-Calgary flight!
This is a short-landing for me. So we are just chilling and having fun at our new abode for the weekend. SIN, Bank/Credit cards, Kids School have all been scheduled for next week. We’ve secured appointment with Scotia Bank for Monday Afternoon. The banker I spoke with sounded so excited and already promising many great benefits from the bank! I know say na wayo sha. No bank dey give free lunch. No bank is Father Christmas, even in Switzerland.
Well, that's a summary of my story so far. If you still need some details on my landing experience, or any other issues pls feel free to do me a PM and I’d gladly respond. I wish you a smoother and a more seamless landing experience for those planning to move soon. And a quick response from CIC and AVO for those awaiting CC, DD, PER, MR, PPR and PRs. Our God is ABLE it for you too.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
oscartan said:
We're very grateful to God for a successful landing at Calgary on 05 March 2015. We got through the entire process without much hassles. This journey started in 2013 when I got interested in the FSWP but got my application returned due to “cap full” for my NOC. Like many others we crossed our hands waiting for 01 January 2015 to apply for EE when suddenly CIC announced FSWP in April 2014! Would have submitted on May 1 but for POF! Eventually sent our application package on 08 May and was rewarded with Maple leafs and CoPRs on 23 Dec 2014.
Our tickets (Ethiopia Air + Air Canada) were ready on 30 Dec 2014 to fly on 04 March 2015. The flights were Abuja-Addis: 4.30hrs duration; 2hrs wait time, Addis-Toronto: 15hrs duration, 3hrs wait time and Toronto-Calgary: 4hrs. The wait time at Toronto eventually increased because we missed our Calgary bound flight by some minutes. We didn't have the 3hrs wait time because Ethiopia Air flight was delayed by 1hr. So we had only 2hrs to do our landing procedures. The landing procedure was smooth and easy though, but there were too many people to attend to before it got to our turn. If you must take this route, then plan to have a minimum of 5hrs wait time between your flights. Although my 3hrs estimate would have been fine if not for the 1hr delay by Ethiopia Air from Addis. The landing procedure involved customs and immigration checks. At customs, we submitted the cards provided on-board and questions about whether we were carrying alcohol, dairy products, veges and >C$10k were asked. We had dried vegetables and they circled that portion of the form with RED marker. I thought that will portend trouble, but alas, they didn't even check or disturb us when we finally took our luggage through the last customs checkpoint. At immigration, passport checks, signing of COPRs and a warm “Welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent Resident. You will be required to stay in-country for a minimum of 2yrs for the first 5yrs in order to maintain your status” As if the officer know say I no wan stay!!
During the entire trip, kids were all excited and had fun throughout. Movies, games, foods, drinks, story books and drawing/coloring workbooks were provided for the kids in-flight. During the extended wait at Toronto Airport we discovered a playground in the facility and that kept the kids occupied till we were ready to check-in. We also took out time at the Airport to sing and worship God and prayed the all-important Joshua 1:3 prayer and spoke into our future in the land. The kids eventually had a total shutdown during the Toronto-Calgary flight!
This is a short-landing for me. So we are just chilling and having fun at our new abode for the weekend. SIN, Bank/Credit cards, Kids School have all been scheduled for next week. We've secured appointment with Scotia Bank for Monday Afternoon. The banker I spoke with sounded so excited and already promising many great benefits from the bank! I know say na wayo sha. No bank dey give free lunch. No bank is Father Christmas, even in Switzerland.
Well, that's a summary of my story so far. If you still need some details on my landing experience, or any other issues pls feel free to do me a PM and I'd gladly respond. I wish you a smoother and a more seamless landing experience for those planning to move soon. And a quick response from CIC and AVO for those awaiting CC, DD, PER, MR, PPR and PRs. Our God is ABLE it for you too.
Thanks to God for journey mercies & favour all the way from Nigeria to Canada. I wish you all the best in all your endeavours in Canada.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
oscartan said:
We're very grateful to God for a successful landing at Calgary on 05 March 2015. We got through the entire process without much hassles. This journey started in 2013 when I got interested in the FSWP but got my application returned due to “cap full” for my NOC. Like many others we crossed our hands waiting for 01 January 2015 to apply for EE when suddenly CIC announced FSWP in April 2014! Would have submitted on May 1 but for POF! Eventually sent our application package on 08 May and was rewarded with Maple leafs and CoPRs on 23 Dec 2014.
Our tickets (Ethiopia Air + Air Canada) were ready on 30 Dec 2014 to fly on 04 March 2015. The flights were Abuja-Addis: 4.30hrs duration; 2hrs wait time, Addis-Toronto: 15hrs duration, 3hrs wait time and Toronto-Calgary: 4hrs. The wait time at Toronto eventually increased because we missed our Calgary bound flight by some minutes. We didn't have the 3hrs wait time because Ethiopia Air flight was delayed by 1hr. So we had only 2hrs to do our landing procedures. The landing procedure was smooth and easy though, but there were too many people to attend to before it got to our turn. If you must take this route, then plan to have a minimum of 5hrs wait time between your flights. Although my 3hrs estimate would have been fine if not for the 1hr delay by Ethiopia Air from Addis. The landing procedure involved customs and immigration checks. At customs, we submitted the cards provided on-board and questions about whether we were carrying alcohol, dairy products, veges and >C$10k were asked. We had dried vegetables and they circled that portion of the form with RED marker. I thought that will portend trouble, but alas, they didn't even check or disturb us when we finally took our luggage through the last customs checkpoint. At immigration, passport checks, signing of COPRs and a warm “Welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent Resident. You will be required to stay in-country for a minimum of 2yrs for the first 5yrs in order to maintain your status” As if the officer know say I no wan stay!!
This is a short-landing for me. So we are just chilling and having fun at our new abode for the weekend. SIN, Bank/Credit cards, Kids School have all been scheduled for next week. We've secured appointment with Scotia Bank for Monday Afternoon. The banker I spoke with sounded so excited and already promising many great benefits from the bank! I know say na wayo sha. No bank dey give free lunch. No bank is Father Christmas, even in Switzerland.
Well, that's a summary of my story so far. If you still need some details on my landing experience, or any other issues pls feel free to do me a PM and I'd gladly respond. I wish you a smoother and a more seamless landing experience for those planning to move soon. And a quick response from CIC and AVO for those awaiting CC, DD, PER, MR, PPR and PRs. Our God is ABLE it for you too.
thank God for landing successfully, wish well in your new country

Gentle Ace

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/06/2014
Doc's Request.
18/11/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
File Transfer...
02/12/2014
Med's Request
04/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
oscartan said:
nice one congrats

bjenike

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
1-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
oscartan said:

Amen!

shoby

Dec 24, 2013
dear all,

my application was received on the 19th December, 2014, but as we speak no form of acknowledgement of receipt from CIC . my NOC is 2131. also how would i know if my draft had been presented by CIC. secondly, how can i get intouch with CIC to check on the progress of my application. anybody with useful information should please respond.