Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Txs PRD & Pipis Husband for the clarifications.

I have filled my data on the spreadsheet.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
PRD said:
Thank you for this link, I just filled it too
You are welcomed.
Wish everyone the very best in this quest! ;)

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Hello my naija peeps incase anyone here is having pof issues and need funds please send me a pm and we can talk. Wish us all the best in our application.
Kayb

yka10

Feb 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
Just wondering when they will deduct my application fees . My application was received on the 13th of may,2014. Any update on that date?

yka10

Feb 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
How does CIC inform you pf your PER?

PRD

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
yka10 said:
Just wondering when they will deduct my application fees . My application was received on the 13th of may,2014. Any update on that date?
From a larger thread on this forum, I have noticed that people with application received on the 7th of may 2014 now have their cc charged.
So if yours is on the 13th may you should be hoope to have it deducted by next week if the trend remains the same.
Kindly let us know when it is, it would be helpful.

jibolayoyo83

May 11, 2014
Dear All,

Am new to this forum and I will appreciate some heads up.
1.How can I notarize my documents if am outside Nigeria and can I get a list of documents that requires notarization?
2. I have received my PCC from Nigeria but am not sure if its done properly. It has the pink certificate and the application form ( the fingerprint form and the second form). Am I suppose to get all theses papers back and send to CIO?

I will really appreciate your comments/answers. my personal email is anthonyuoguns@gmail.com personal contact will be appreciated also.

Thanks

PRD

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
jibolayoyo83 said:
Dear All,

1.How can I notarize my documents if am outside Nigeria and can I get a list of documents that requires notarization?
2. I have received my PCC from Nigeria but am not sure if its done properly. It has the pink certificate and the application form ( the fingerprint form and the second form). Am I suppose to get all theses papers back and send to CIO?

I will really appreciate your comments/answers. my personal email is anthonyuoguns @ gmail.com personal contact will be appreciated also.

Thanks
There are certified Public Notaries in Nigera, get in touch with a lawyer and he would guide you on what to do. You don't necessarily have to show up to notarize your document. You are suppose to get the doucments back and send them to CIO.
Maybe someone else might help you with the list of documents, cos I dont know.

zeemaple

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
how long does it take DHL to deliver the application to CIC Ns.? I sent mine since 6th June. Tracked it, it's been in one spot since 10th in Ontario. pissed.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
jibolayoyo83 said:
Dear All,

1.How can I notarize my documents if am outside Nigeria and can I get a list of documents that requires notarization? Just contact any notary public in the country you are currently residing
2. I have received my PCC from Nigeria but am not sure if its done properly. It has the pink certificate and the application form ( the fingerprint form and the second form). Am I suppose to get all theses papers back and send to CIO? Yes, that is the format in which PCC from Force HQ at Alagbon, Lagos is prepared. You are to include them all in your application if you have then now.

I will really appreciate your comments/answers. my personal email is anthonyuoguns @ gmail.com personal contact will be appreciated also.

Thanks
Hello, see my responses above, all the best with your application. :)

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
If Your Document Is In English notarizing is not compulsory except you translate it so if you dont have access to notary public you can send clear,legible copies of ur documents.
I think the pcc you have is d correct version d small pink one and d finger print form. I advise u dont send d original pcc now accra or ur vo will still request for it so send a copy to cio.
goodluck

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
I thought notarizing was mandatory for every document that is a photocopy. Essence should be for ascertaining that the notary public sighted the original. Better to read the instructions more anyway. I stand to be corrected.

Naija PCC is valid for only 3 months. Either one includes original, photocopy or doesn't include it at all, AVO must still request for a new one except u get interviewed within 3 months which must really be a fast track. Guess everyone would wish for that. Lol.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
MacFar said:
I thought notarizing was mandatory for every document that is a photocopy. Essence should be for ascertaining that the notary public sighted the original. Better to read the instructions more anyway. I stand to be corrected.

Naija PCC is valid for only 3 months. Either one includes original, photocopy or doesn't include it at all, AVO must still request for a new one except u get interviewed within 3 months which must really be a fast track. Guess everyone would wish for that. Lol.
You are correct, you have to notarize documents that are photocopied.
Submission of PCC is not mandatory at this stage, so you may opt to submit it later, to AVO.

jibolayoyo83

May 11, 2014
Thanks everyone your response. Do I need to attest my documents at the Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs ? I want to know if its required or if it can replace the notarization as am having problem getting a notary public in Qatar.
2. Can a lawyer do the notarization?
3. Few people didn't get me about the police cert - I got the pink form+ fingerprint form+the second form where we normally fix passport.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
jibolayoyo83 said:
Thanks everyone your response. Do I need to attest my documents at the Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs ? I want to know if its required or if it can replace the notarization as am having problem getting a notary public in Qatar. See below
2. Can a lawyer do the notarization? See below
3. Few people didn't get me about the police cert - I got the pink form+ fingerprint form+the second form where we normally fix passport. Everything given to you, pink certificate, fingerprint form and passport photo page are all to be submitted together
See my responses above and below. For the issue of notarizing documents, see this excerpt from CIC instructions;
Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths (authority to certify varies by province and territory)
a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Family members may not certify copies of your documents.