+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmm, POF, POF. My advice to all is and will always be-bare it all. Without wanting to sound puritan, We need all the money we can save for Canada resettlement. Its no joke going to a new country and not having enough funds, worse still when you have family. Pray tell me abeg, na who person go run to for help? The idea of 'padding and juxtaposing' is not good and will definitely hurt anyone who isn't prepared for this big leap. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Don't also forget how outsiders perceive us. Abeggi make we make Naija proud.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mz. Johnson said:
Thanks Dotsngr, you have been quiet this past week, hope you are good.
Thanks Sis, Work has been crazy lately-Year end reconciliations. Thanks for watching out for me.

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
samuel.eled said:
Use Oanda, its internationally acceptable and available on Androids.
thanks

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
kay_diwe2014 said:
@ Balinga, I use http://fx-rate.net and www.xe.com.
thanks kay_diwe and preferred

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Rastamans Prayer said:
Please let's be conservative with how we give advice on this forum regarding certain issues like POF. We can give the desired advice through personal messages and not in the open, because we don't know who's going through this thread. A Rastaman's view point tho.

I feel you are good to go with 4.1m for a family of four.

All the best. Cheers
spot on Rastamans, thought so too.

livelyvivien

Sep 16, 2014
meemee said:
Dear All,

I just got this email from AVO:

Dear MEEMEE:

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

Wehave determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 4(CAD$ 21,971) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:
The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to us. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

ETC ETC.

Please advice on what to do. I have a fixed deposit of NGN3.6m which i fixed since Nov 7, 2014 for 6 months plus 500k in my personal savings. In total this adds to NGN4.1m. Would this suffice for a family of 4???
Hello Meemee, your 4.1m will suffice. My advice is that you should add the 500k to your FD of 3.6m so that you have a FD certificate for 4.1m. Congratulations!

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meemee said:
Amen oh. Will update the forum when i get feedback from AVO. Praying for the very best.
I just responded to your PM before coming to this thread. As some of our esteemed forumites have said, you're good to go.

Rastamans Prayer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuskus said:
I just responded to your PM before coming to this thread. As some of our esteemed forumites have said, you're good to go.
Hello kuskus, it's been awhile we heard from you. How did it go with your POF update with AVO? Start getting ready for MR rain ooo. All the best bro. Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Dear all,
Please as many of us that may have updated our details on the SS and you notice its not updated to the right colour code,kindly contact the admins to immediately correct it as doing it in bulk make it rigorous.Some times the nature of our work doesn't allow us to go through the pages of threads to know applicants that have changes/updates or that may have openly tell us to to do such,its always better to send PM to the administrators for fast change/result.
The administrators are up to the task but let us make it easier for them.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation/adherence.
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Opportunities to acquire recognized Canadian work experience in your profession through up to three-month mentorship placement in Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa.
http://www.maple2.ca/services/professionals/
Cheers

[/quote]

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Parent and Grandparent program re-opening January 2, 2015.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will accept new applications to sponsor parents and grandparents starting January 2, 2015. Applications received before January 2, 2015 will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant. 5000 complete applications will be accepted for 2015....
Please check the link below..
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916099
Cheers

subsidy12

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
kollins said:
Dear all,
Please as many of us that may have updated our details on the SS and you notice its not updated to the right colour code,kindly contact the admins to immediately correct it as doing it in bulk make it rigorous.Some times the nature of our work doesn't allow us to go through the pages of threads to know applicants that have changes/updates or that may have openly tell us to to do such,its always better to send PM to the administrators for fast change/result.
The administrators are up to the task but let us make it easier for them.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation/adherence.
Cheers
thank you Kollins, maybe you should remind us of the administrators also cos some of us dont know.

i have requested 3 times for my status be changed on the spreadsheet and nothing has been done, however i understand keeping up with the forum and daily life activities may not be an easy one.

cheers

BCornerstone

Aug 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
kollins said:
Opportunities to acquire recognized Canadian work experience in your profession through up to three-month mentorship placement in Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa.
http://www.maple2.ca/services/professionals/
Cheers
Excellent info, thanks!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
subsidy12 said:
thank you Kollins, maybe you should remind us of the administrators also cos some of us dont know.
i have requested 3 times for my status be changed on the spreadsheet and nothing has been done, however i understand keeping up with the forum and daily life activities may not be an easy one.
cheers
Apologies for the delay in updating the SS after about 3 times request...like I say,we have too many good news on the thread and can easily make to unknowingly skip it...Pardon the inconsistencies.
Administrators for now are KSA0510,Pipis Husband and myself.
Just in case you have any issues also on the Global SS for update,you may contact me to resolve it too.
Cheers.