+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Hi All,

I applied for FSW in Sept 2014. Got request for medicals and police report in 2015 which I submitted then. I had my son in Q4 2015 and informed them, they requested for his medicals and additional forms in May 2016. I sent all these to them and get trying to follow up with emails. They replied once saying all requested information had been received and nothing is required from me at the moment.
Yesterday, I received an email from Accra asking me to provide medical and police certificates and the same additional forms I submitted in 2016. My question is, are they asking for another medical check and police certificate again because the ones I submitted have obviously past the 12month (for me and hubby) though my son's own is still valid or so I should follow up with them to mention the fact that I sent these my son's medical and additional forms to them last year June and just send a new medical and police check for hubby and I.
It is a bit upsetting to realise that I have to do these again for all the countries I visited through no fault of mine.

Is there anyone that had this sort of situation and what did you do?
Please any advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Anne
You do not have much of a choice in all honesty. Some certain documents and their validity cannot be overlooked. I am sure your IELTS result would have since expired and you haven't been requested to resit another test cos IELTS can be overlooked. The volume of applications slows the process and although it is not your fault you just have to live with a bad situation. Get all the documents they have asked for and resubmit. Nigeria is crazy enough to motivate you to go through that loop.

All the very best

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi All,

I applied for FSW in Sept 2014. Got request for medicals and police report in 2015 which I submitted then Medical results are only valid for one year, Nigerian police certificates are valid for only 3 months. All these since submitted are no longer valid. I had my son in Q4 2015 and informed them, they requested for his medicals and additional forms in May 2016 His medicals are also no longer valid since it is over a year. I sent all these to them and get trying to follow up with emails. They replied once saying all requested information had been received and nothing is required from me at the moment.
Yesterday, I received an email from Accra asking me to provide medical and police certificates and the same additional forms I submitted in 2016. My question is, are they asking for another medical check and police certificate again Yes, you need to get new, fresh medical tests and police certificates because the ones I submitted have obviously past the 12month (for me and hubby) though my son's own is still valid His is no longer valid or so I should follow up with them to mention the fact that I sent these my son's medical and additional forms to them last year June and just send a new medical and police check for hubby and I.
It is a bit upsetting to realise that I have to do these again for all the countries I visited through no fault of mine. For Nigeria, you need fresh PCC. For other countries, if you have not revisited them since, state as such and you won't need to get new ones.

Is there anyone that had this sort of situation and what did you do? This is common for anyone who's medical was done over a year, it is not a new practice. Just take it as part of the journey, you are getting close to completion now.
Please any advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Anne
Hi, see my responses above. Don't worry, it will all end soon with your smiles and praises to God.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Please is their any agencies that can help me in getting job their in Canada.please send me their contact.tnx
For plumbing, there are no agencies that will hire you from outside Canada as there are already many plumbers all over the country here. Anybody who tells you it is possible is only trying to scam you and you may end up with regret. You can still get to immigrate to Canada but through the Skilled Trades Stream of the Express Entry. Study the process at this link and apply yourself, it is doable, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/ee-presentation-en.pdf

Reactions: TeeOMISORE

Major

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2014
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
AOR Received.
11/01/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
unknown
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Just received PPR.

Major

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2014
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
AOR Received.
11/01/2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
unknown
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

Major

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2014
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
AOR Received.
11/01/2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
unknown
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

olufemy1

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
Med's Request
Upfront - 01-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront- 01-06-2016
Passport Req..
02-29-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
15-03-2016
I want to congratulate those who have already received Passport request mail. If you are landing in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC, Winnipeg MB, Regina SK and if you are going to Ottawa ON; and you need a pick up to your destination and any other assistance, please contact the following people they will be glad to pick you up and drop you at your desired location and render necessary assistance towards your settling down in Canada.

Please note that preference shall be given to ANGLICAN members.

Toronto
Rev. Canon Olufemi Olajide
+1647-460-3594

Ottawa
Rev. Canon Felix Oyinlola
+1613-262-6541
Barrister Adeyemo
+1613-890-4282

Vancouver
Rev. Dayo Fasan
+1604-722-1970

Regina SK
Ven. Kay Adebogun
+1306-581-8224
Rev. Kunle Odumosu
+1306-351-7397

Winnipeg
Ven. Davies Adebiyi
+1204-962-1836

Rev. Canon Matthew Olufemi Olajide

dayobiodun

Nov 1, 2013
Our Visas and COPRs arrived on friday, 26th of May. I thank everyone especially Pipi's Husband and the rest. The journey started August 10,2014 when our FSWP 2014 application was received by CIC. Those who are still expecting theirs, please don't lose hope. Though it might tarry it will definitely come. I wish you all the best. Thanks

WOW AUGUST 2014! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

zaraman

Jan 29, 2015
i got my ielts result few days ago,which made my crs points shoot up to 453.My question is

is it advisable to plunge into the EE pool since i recently got MR for my november 2014 fsw application.(Medical passed) and PPRF paid.

If i go ahead with the EE profile and get ITA,will i need to pay the application fee,PPRF fees and take a new medical examination again.My medical was done this month and PPRF paid this month too.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
i got my ielts result few days ago,which made my crs points shoot up to 453.My question is

is it advisable to plunge into the EE pool since i recently got MR for my november 2014 fsw application.(Medical passed) and PPRF paid.

If i go ahead with the EE profile and get ITA,will i need to pay the application fee,PPRF fees and take a new medical examination again.My medical was done this month and PPRF paid this month too.
As the old FSW and the current EE program are 2 separate immigration channels, you will pay application fee again to proceed with the EE as well as RPRF. If your medicals were done less than a year ago however, they may suffice for the EE application. The choice to proceed with the EE is up to you but you will soon be asked to pick one you will proceed with and one to terminate.

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015

I do not see why you should forgo your FSW application that is almost getting concluded. If I'm getting it right, you're just waiting for PPR mail which is just one step away to conclusion of the entire long process. You're almost there, your PPR mail would soon hit your inbox. Wishing you all the best!

zaraman

Jan 29, 2015
I do not see why you should forgo your FSW application that is almost getting concluded. If I'm getting it right, you're just waiting for PPR mail which is just one step away to conclusion of the entire long process. You're almost there, your PPR mail would soon hit your inbox. Wishing you all the best!
thanks for the response

Reactions: Solarmanng