03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
need_an_answer said:
I have an important question. My spouse and I applied via FSW2014 and our case is assigned to a super lazy officer. My spouse is the main applicant and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY POINTS BECAUSE OF MY EMPLOYMENT.

Our eligibility and medical and security are passed.

All this time, I was self employed in a low level NOC (in my country) because I thought I was moving to Canada. Instead of committing myself in a related/better NOC (in my country), I chose a light work so I had plenty of time self-studying to build a background for a future career in a much better NOC in Canada (for the furture). I once again want to reiterate that I thought about 10 months of waiting time and did not even think we could be kept waiting for 30 months.

Now the problems arise because I am getting multiples of very nice job offers since last year and the only reason I didn't accept them is that I thought I had to inform the visa office and that pretty much scared me. Because I do not want to increase the processing time of our application. I am a little worried that they might reset the background checks because of my possible employment change.

I really need some certificates that requires some backgrounds in the related fields. My potential employers are also willing to give me more job experience testimony if I join them. This is something that I really cannot miss. But at the same time I am reluctant to endanger our application in a way that can cause more delays. It is a really bad dilemma.

I would be thankful if you could tell me if it is fine that I do not mention this potential change in application to them. I am still not sure if it is mandatory to report this or not. I again reiterate that I am not the main applicant and I have not received any points because of my degree or experience.

Long story short: I do not want to report this to the visa office because they might want to run the security checks again. What are the consequences if I do not report to them?

Thank you in advance
I stand corrected, but I do not think there would be the need to report this to the immigration officer since your wife is the principal applicant.

Russ

Jan 21, 2017
russellx said:
I stand corrected, but I do not think there would be the need to report this to the immigration officer since your wife is the principal applicant.

Russ
Thank you very much.... I really really hope this is the case.

Two questions:

Why would they care about a new employer if the job experience after submission of the application has no points/score? Are you sure it is not related to other reasons? For example security reasons or human right violation related matters? For example the applicant or his/her spouse might have changed their employer and the new one makes them inadmissible for human right violation matters!?

Is it possible to point to a reference?

Ponyhead

Jan 24, 2017
peter19722 said:
Why are 2014 applications pending and EE applicants getting their PR. Does it not make sense to complete 2014 applicant before starting EE? I think there is confusion about CIC, can someone pls explain? Hope CIC won't cancelled all 2014 application at the long run.
Same here. We requested the gums file on our Dec 2014 application. Quite disappointed to see that there has been no action on our file since March 2015. So in 2months time it will be exactly 2yrs of stagnated application. Quite disheartening. I'd rather they cancel it and return our application fee of their own free will than just dump the whole thing while processing other streams at the speed of light.
Way forward: looking to apply for EE and once we get an ITA, we withdraw the FSW application.

OlaOyo

Jul 22, 2016
Ponyhead said:
Same here. We requested the gums file on our Dec 2014 application. Quite disappointed to see that there has been no action on our file since March 2015. So in 2months time it will be exactly 2yrs of stagnated application. Quite disheartening. I'd rather they cancel it and return our application fee of their own free will than just dump the whole thing while processing other streams at the speed of light.
Way forward: looking to apply for EE and once we get an ITA, we withdraw the FSW application.
Quite disappointing though and fed up too, but we should keep praying to God to touch their heart and guide them aright through the process.

benny234

Jan 4, 2015
OlaOyo said:
Quite disappointing though and fed up too, but we should keep praying to God to touch their heart and guide them aright through the process.
Good morning house I am a silent member of this forum. Let's trust God there is still hope. I saw this on CBC News I was not allowed to post the link here
The Liberal government is boosting the base number of immigrants allowed into Canada next year to 300,000, to help drive economic growth as the country grapples with an aging demographic.

Speaking to reporters after tabling his annual report in Parliament, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum said the new target "lays the foundation for future growth."

Liberals to set higher immigration levels
Internal debate over newcomer targets
The previous target from 2011 to 2015 was 260,000, but that swelled to 300,000 this year because of what McCallum called the "special circumstances" of the Syrian refugee crisis. That number will now be the permanent base.

The government's economic growth council had recommended raising immigration levels to 450,000 over the next five years, but McCallum rejected that target today.

"That number is a conceivable number for some date in the future, but certainly not for 2017," he said. has been much debate over the targeted immigration level at a time when Canada struggles with high unemployment.

There have also been questions about Canada's ability to smoothly integrate newcomers into communities.

"We do it well, but I think we could learn to do it better," McCallum said.

Entries up for economic class

The 2017 targets boost entries for those in the "economic" class — skilled workers, businesspeople and caregivers — to 172,500 from 160,600. In the family class, the number of sponsored spouses, partners, children, parents and grandparents will climb to 84,000 from 80,000.

The government recently committed to bringing in persecuted Yazidi refugees fleeing ISIS genocide, and McCallum said they would be accommodated in the numbers unveiled today.

McCallum said other measures will be announced at a later date to streamline the process for economic applicants and to improve the process for permanent residency for international students. He said the students are among the best candidates to become Canadians, yet they have been "shortchanged" by the system in the past.

Dealing with depopulation

Kevin Lamoureux, the parliamentary secretary to the government House leader, said immigrants not only fill jobs that would otherwise remain vacant and help to develop provincial economies, but they also contribute to the character and social fabric of communities.

If it weren't for immigration, population of his province of Manitoba would have declined in the last decade.

"Immigration plays a critical role in terms of the future of Canada, in particular in regions where the threat of depopulation is a reality. Manitoba and other provinces are subject to that depopulation," he said.

Target immigration levels, 2017

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
benny234 said:
Good morning house I am a silent member of this forum. Let's trust God there is still hope. I saw this on CBC News I was not allowed to post the link here
The Liberal government is boosting the base number of immigrants allowed into Canada next year to 300,000, to help drive economic growth as the country grapples with an aging demographic.

Speaking to reporters after tabling his annual report in Parliament, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum said the new target "lays the foundation for future growth."

Liberals to set higher immigration levels
Internal debate over newcomer targets
The previous target from 2011 to 2015 was 260,000, but that swelled to 300,000 this year because of what McCallum called the "special circumstances" of the Syrian refugee crisis. That number will now be the permanent base.

The government's economic growth council had recommended raising immigration levels to 450,000 over the next five years, but McCallum rejected that target today.

"That number is a conceivable number for some date in the future, but certainly not for 2017," he said. has been much debate over the targeted immigration level at a time when Canada struggles with high unemployment.

There have also been questions about Canada's ability to smoothly integrate newcomers into communities.

"We do it well, but I think we could learn to do it better," McCallum said.

Entries up for economic class

The 2017 targets boost entries for those in the "economic" class — skilled workers, businesspeople and caregivers — to 172,500 from 160,600. In the family class, the number of sponsored spouses, partners, children, parents and grandparents will climb to 84,000 from 80,000.

The government recently committed to bringing in persecuted Yazidi refugees fleeing ISIS genocide, and McCallum said they would be accommodated in the numbers unveiled today.

McCallum said other measures will be announced at a later date to streamline the process for economic applicants and to improve the process for permanent residency for international students. He said the students are among the best candidates to become Canadians, yet they have been "shortchanged" by the system in the past.

Dealing with depopulation

Kevin Lamoureux, the parliamentary secretary to the government House leader, said immigrants not only fill jobs that would otherwise remain vacant and help to develop provincial economies, but they also contribute to the character and social fabric of communities.

If it weren't for immigration, population of his province of Manitoba would have declined in the last decade.

"Immigration plays a critical role in terms of the future of Canada, in particular in regions where the threat of depopulation is a reality. Manitoba and other provinces are subject to that depopulation," he said.

Target immigration levels, 2017
No to worry as this is an old article featuring the former minister. A new minister was appointed in January 11, 2017, Ahmed Hassan, and it is our hope that as he settles into office, new policies and guidelines will be rolled out and percolate down the system to our advantage. Stay hopeful, God bless :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
CIC has updated POF thresholds and increased the amounts today? Wow :eek:

One way or another, we will make it through :) for we serve a God who is able to complete all things!

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Number of
Family Members / Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,300
2 $15,312
3 $18,825
4 $22,856
5 $25,923
6 $29,236
7 or more $32,550

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

benny234

Jan 4, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
No to worry as this is an old article featuring the former minister. A new minister was appointed in January 11, 2017, Ahmed Hassan, and it is our hope that as he settles into office, new policies and guidelines will be rolled out and percolate down the system to our advantage. Stay hopeful, God bless :)
[/quote

Ok Sir. Thank you for your endless support ]

Oyenirang

Jun 8, 2016
Pipis Husband said:
CIC has updated POF thresholds and increased the amounts today? Wow :eek:

One way or another, we will make it through :) for we serve a God who is able to complete all things!

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Number of
Family Members / Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,300
2 $15,312
3 $18,825
4 $22,856
5 $25,923
6 $29,236
7 or more $32,550

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Please whats the best conversion rate?

Olay

Jun 8, 2014
need_an_answer said:
I have an important question. My spouse and I applied via FSW2014 and our case is assigned to a super lazy officer. My spouse is the main applicant and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY POINTS BECAUSE OF MY EMPLOYMENT.

Our eligibility and medical and security are passed.

All this time, I was self employed in a low level NOC (in my country) because I thought I was moving to Canada. Instead of committing myself in a related/better NOC (in my country), I chose a light work so I had plenty of time self-studying to build a background for a future career in a much better NOC in Canada (for the furture). I once again want to reiterate that I thought about 10 months of waiting time and did not even think we could be kept waiting for 30 months.

Now the problems arise because I am getting multiples of very nice job offers since last year and the only reason I didn't accept them is that I thought I had to inform the visa office and that pretty much scared me. Because I do not want to increase the processing time of our application. I am a little worried that they might reset the background checks because of my possible employment change.

I really need some certificates that requires some backgrounds in the related fields. My potential employers are also willing to give me more job experience testimony if I join them. This is something that I really cannot miss. But at the same time I am reluctant to endanger our application in a way that can cause more delays. It is a really bad dilemma.

I would be thankful if you could tell me if it is fine that I do not mention this potential change in application to them. I am still not sure if it is mandatory to report this or not. I again reiterate that I am not the main applicant and I have not received any points because of my degree or experience.

Long story short: I do not want to report this to the visa office because they might want to run the security checks again. What are the consequences if I do not report to them?

Thank you in advance
You do not need to report your change of job. Since you are not the primary applicant, it is unnecessary. The main background check that is done on the accompany applicants is security check and not employment history check. Wish you all the best.

Olay

Jun 8, 2014
Oyenirang said:
You can safely use the rate in www.xe.com , attache a short note cover letter to your proof of fund and indicate that the rate was calculated based on the website. It's one of the most popular FX website in the world.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
Oyenirang said:
Just look for any reliable online fx site and probably add a buffer of like N3-N5 per CAD to take care of the fluctuations.

www.oanda.com is good or

http://themoneyconverter.com/CAD/NGN.aspx

Henry Chuks

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-01-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
**-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
**-06-2017
LANDED..........
12-10-2017
Dear Pipis Husband,

Please i inboxed you.

I patiently await your speedy response.

Best regards.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Henry Chuks said:
Dear Pipis Husband,

Please i inboxed you.

I patiently await your speedy response.

Best regards.
Hi Henry, I've replied and hope to connect with you to address the issue further.