Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations Nikky show. It has ended in prasie.

Nikky show said:
Magnify the Lord with me. We received our passport with visas and COPR today 30th March 2016. Our visas were issued on 17th of March 2016.

Thank you so much Pipis Husband for creating this forum and for all your assistance. Thanks to all other forum members for their contributions.

May all those awaiting one positive update or the other receive theirs soon IJMN.

Nikjoe(Nikky show)

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Great info tyshow, keep them coming. 8) 8)

tyshow said:
Quick Tip for you folks heading to Canada soon to land your job as I did within 3 months

1) I presume you all have your credentials assessed, you need to include this with every job application you submit. This is how you can make the recruiters job easy that your educational experience is in line with what is attained here.

2) The term CV should be expunged. We use the terminology Resume's here. Format your resume in a chronological style (at least that worked for me). The wordings on your resume should be in 2nd persons' using actionable words like "Facilitated the audit of several accounts" with Facilitated here being the actionable word.

3) Highlight achievements in your previous job description using metrics to proof this e.g could be "Achieved and surpassed marketing targets by overturning a deficit which was in the department for months before I arrived by recording a 30% growth in sales within first month of assignment".

4) keep an excel spreadsheet of all the jobs you have applied for. The last thing you want is for a recruiter to call you on the phone making reference to a job you applied for. To leave a first impression, you've got to be able to recall on the call the job title, date applied for, job duties and why you were so keen to apply for it. If you haven't kept a log, you will fluff your lines and leave a negative impression on the recruiter.

5) Be prepared for a minimum (2) rounds of interview; could be by skpe, go-to meeting or citrix as your first interview over the PC. Yes do not be deterred from applying for jobs outside the province you are settled in. They are quite flexible with this approach as everyone knows Canada is a huge country.

6) Your LinkedIn profile should be formatted in a professional manner.

7) You should possess soft skills and try to soften your accent. They can be prejudicial if your accent is difficult to be understood.

8) A couple of sites to check for job ads which include: eluta.ca, linkedin job search, indeed.ca, Workopolis.ca, monster.ca. Also check the provincial and municipal websites for jobs placement ads.

9) Cover Letters are crucial. Read the job description and highlight in your cover letter previous experience you have that demonstrates you are a candidate for the job.

I came here to Edmonton, Alberta last year in November. I didn't a get until about second week in February though but within this interval from Nov-Feb, had about five interviews. God was faithful that even when I did eventually get a job, I quitted after a week as I got an even rewarding and high profile job within the provincial government. My wife was smarter than me; she landed a job within two weeks!

I intend to write a blog post to elaborate on how to land your first job during the weekend. Please kindly visit my blog at
www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com and do not forget to subscribe to be notified by email whenever a new post is published. Feel free to leave me a comment there and I will respond to emails within 24 hrs.

Good luck everyone :)

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations elijahovat. wishing you successful integration in the land of the maple leaf.

elijahovat said:
I'm so grateful to Jehovah for making the first phase a success. I received my passport with Visa and CoPR on Tuesday from UPS. I am also thankful to the following persons who were involved in my application process at one stage or the other.: Toronto Raptor, Akeme, Ruaboy, Kollins, Pipis Husband (PH), Bonblu, and nayhosh. To other members of the house both Silent, passive, and active, I truly appreciate all. One love

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations Takeit, yes every original document sent to AVO will be sent back to you. I sent some original documents and picture and received same back with my CoPR and PRV.

Takeit said:
PPR landed yesterday...
Thanks to God for his favours!!!!

Please Seniors, do the items attached be sent back during pick up.. just need the info..
Let me gather docs fast! 8)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Nikky show said:
Magnify the Lord with me. We received our passport with visas and COPR today 30th March 2016. Our visas were issued on 17th of March 2016.

Thank you so much Pipis Husband for creating this forum and for all your assistance. Thanks to all other forum members for their contributions.

May all those awaiting one positive update or the other receive theirs soon IJMN.

Nikjoe(Nikky show)
Happy to join you to magnify the Lord, He is worthy to be praised. Congrats on reciept of your COPR, looking forward to your landing story soon.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hi Takeit carefully select these pictures so that they tell you marriage story about 10-12 should be ok. For the birth certificates, make sure the dates of issuance are not more than 6-12 months from the date of birth, as that might be a problem, if any happens to fall outside this date range, I'll suggest you get other documents or an affidavit to back up parentage of the person in question.

Takeit said:
updated forms [5406,5669,IMMM8], POF,PCC ,RPRF,Original Birth certificates and Picture of marriage!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
bolaopemire said:
Kindly clarify if our cell phones in naija - samsung, blackberry, nokia, tecno and so on will work in Canada
Hi bolaopemire, most of the cell phones used in Nigeria will work here. They may not be compatible with all Canadian networks so you just move on to another network whose SIM will be compaible with your phone, simple :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
KINGSLEY JOHN said:
Praise God!!!!!!

Our PPR arrived gently today at about 4.51pm.
Congrats KINGSLEY JOHN, the news keeps getting better and better. All the best ahead to you and your family.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
elijahovat said:
I'm so grateful to Jehovah for making the first phase a success. I received my passport with Visa and CoPR on Tuesday from UPS. I am also thankful to the following persons who were involved in my application process at one stage or the other.: Toronto Raptor, Akeme, Ruaboy, Kollins, Pipis Husband (PH), Bonblu, and nayhosh. To other members of the house both Silent, passive, and active, I truly appreciate all. One love
All glory to God brother, congratulations. 2nd phase is much sweeter I can assure you, looking forward to your landing :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Takeit said:
PPR landed yesterday...
Thanks to God for his favours!!!!

Please Seniors, do the items attached be sent back during pick up.. just need the info..
Let me gather docs fast! 8)
Congratulations! By documents I assume you mean supporting docs and these are not sent back unless they specifically requested for some original documents and family pictures which they send back with the passports and COPR. All the best ahead.

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
tyshow said:
Quick Tip for you folks heading to Canada soon to land your job as I did within 3 months

1) I presume you all have your credentials assessed, you need to include this with every job application you submit. This is how you can make the recruiters job easy that your educational experience is in line with what is attained here.

2) The term CV should be expunged. We use the terminology Resume's here. Format your resume in a chronological style (at least that worked for me). The wordings on your resume should be in 2nd persons' using actionable words like "Facilitated the audit of several accounts" with Facilitated here being the actionable word.

3) Highlight achievements in your previous job description using metrics to proof this e.g could be "Achieved and surpassed marketing targets by overturning a deficit which was in the department for months before I arrived by recording a 30% growth in sales within first month of assignment".

4) keep an excel spreadsheet of all the jobs you have applied for. The last thing you want is for a recruiter to call you on the phone making reference to a job you applied for. To leave a first impression, you've got to be able to recall on the call the job title, date applied for, job duties and why you were so keen to apply for it. If you haven't kept a log, you will fluff your lines and leave a negative impression on the recruiter.

5) Be prepared for a minimum (2) rounds of interview; could be by skpe, go-to meeting or citrix as your first interview over the PC. Yes do not be deterred from applying for jobs outside the province you are settled in. They are quite flexible with this approach as everyone knows Canada is a huge country.

6) Your LinkedIn profile should be formatted in a professional manner.

7) You should possess soft skills and try to soften your accent. They can be prejudicial if your accent is difficult to be understood.

8) A couple of sites to check for job ads which include: eluta.ca, linkedin job search, indeed.ca, Workopolis.ca, monster.ca. Also check the provincial and municipal websites for jobs placement ads.

9) Cover Letters are crucial. Read the job description and highlight in your cover letter previous experience you have that demonstrates you are a candidate for the job.

I came here to Edmonton, Alberta last year in November. I didn't a get until about second week in February though but within this interval from Nov-Feb, had about five interviews. God was faithful that even when I did eventually get a job, I quitted after a week as I got an even rewarding and high profile job within the provincial government. My wife was smarter than me; she landed a job within two weeks!

I intend to write a blog post to elaborate on how to land your first job during the weekend. Please kindly visit my blog at
www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com and do not forget to subscribe to be notified by email whenever a new post is published. Feel free to leave me a comment there and I will respond to emails within 24 hrs.

Good luck everyone :)
Very good advice, getting a job and settling is the topmost priority on everybody's mind. So we will be glad if you can elaborate on this and the strategies your wife used in landing a job within two weeks.

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
To everyone with a positive update, I will say a big congratulations to you all. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Do not waste time in buying your flight tickets which you can use to apply for PTA.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Takeit said:
Original Birth Certificates that my concern.
Original docs will be returned to you. Don't worry, send them if requested for.

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Takeit said:
updated forms [5406,5669,IMMM8], POF,PCC ,RPRF,Original Birth certificates and Picture of marriage!
All this within 15 days? :eek:

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Congrats Flosure, Guyman, Sisi mee, Liss, Bobwagina, teewee2015, ijeree, Abiola 1, omolara.ayanda, yomson, pastor Daniel, Sazzy, Takeit.

More is coming by God's grace.