31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
6th November 2015 (7:10 pm local time)
neyobash14 said:
Congrats Technolee
Thanks bro.
pls, how much does it cost to send a doc. to Calgary from your office?
Plus, don't kill yourself with cold room training ooo.

neyobash14

Dec 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
technolee said:
Thanks bro.
pls, how much does it cost to send a doc. to Calgary from your office?
Plus, don't kill yourself with cold room training ooo.
haqhahahha..okay sir.. i wont.
Wats d weight of d doc?

McSailor

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
16-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-12-2015
technolee said:
It saddens my heart as I read through the thread without a deluge of updates as expected by the COPA members. Well, the family has taken a bold step by praying our way to a successful PRV process. I pray that the 'brighter morning star (God)' will make all of us to laugh very soon. I mean very, very soon.

Let me start by saying that I have missed the thread owing to preparation to fly with my one entrance PRV. It is not easy if I must be realistic. A moral here is that we should start preparation now because there won't be a luxury of time as soon as the Visa gets to you. Put your FAITH at work here because the decision is what we cannot determine but hope for.

My last day at work for my 3month resignation notice was supposed to be November 2, 2015 but I discussed with my manager and HR that I would be leaving October 23, 2015 so I can have at least, 2weeks to prepare for my flight booked for 5th November, 2015. For your information, I booked the same date with my man, gentleiphy and his wife.

I was not able to get my cash exchanged to dollars till I left work on the 23rd October, I was not even ready to exchange at the black market rate...1USD to 225NGN for wetin now!
Information reached me from gentleiphy that he was able to get dollars at sterling bank and as a sharp person, I took my wife and rushed to the bank on 28th October to open an account for her. I see reason why the bank is not growing that day as they were not able to open ordinary savings account within 24hrs because of one yeye KYC (know your customer). the funniest thing was that they lost the forms filled and the passport photograph and my wife had to go there with another passport and refilled the form (I could not scatter the bank because na dollar dey my mind!). Account number was eventually generated at 5pm on 29th November and banking operation had closed. Cash was transferred to the account against Monday morning, 2nd November, 2015.

Myself and wife went to another branch on Monday morning and we were able to get 5000USD with her account at the rate of 1USD to 199NGN without an extra charge. We could have gotten 4000USD each but my account no dey smile!. My advise is that if there is anyone who cares to get dollars with Sterling bank and or Ecobank, go open your account with them asap to avoid delays and frustration.

Started packing loads a day to my flight which was scheduled for 11:30pm with BA on the 5th November as earlier mentioned. Don't be like me as it is never a good way to go. Start packing your loads now and go get ziplocs (biggest size) to pack and label your foodstuffs if you plan to go with any.

My stories too much self! oya, make I fast forward................................

I arranged with Guyman1234 (who I am sure would get his Visa very soon) to pick me up on the day of my flight and it was fun all the way. I got cleared at the immigration and loads was removed from over-weighed bags to other light bags. my set of screwdrivers was seized and thrown away when my hand luggage was checked. Moral: pack and keep all important tools, liquids, etc in your check-in luggage.

Flight as scheduled was followed and gentleiphy with wife sat in front of myself and wifey (we planned all these while booking and selecting seats). we gisted and forgot ourselves for the in-flight entertainment. We got to Heathrow after 6hrs for a 10hrs layover. For real, 10hrs was like 1hr because we walked the area gisting and laughing. We then commenced our journey for another 9hrs to YYC with the same sitting arrangement.

It was pretty cool at YYC and landing was very smooth. Declaration card that was giving in the flight from UK to YYC was filled and shown to the CBSA person. He asked if i had cash on me and I showed him my jotter ( 5kUSD, 14kNGN (in case I dey come back Naija)) and he asked if the 14kNGN is anywhere near 5000CAD if converted. I laughed and said it is not even up to 100CAD. He released me and we went to claim our checked-in luggage.
Lest I forget, at MMIA, I forgot to padlock my luggages and I was just praying that nothing happens to them and alas, they were as I arranged them.

From there, luggages was pushed towards a moving queue for landing process. I took less than 15minutes because I don't have goods to accompany and COPR was stamped with the word ' you are now a Permanent Resident and your PR card would be ready and sent to the address filled in 6-8weeks'. I then asked if along the line, I changed my address, what should I do? A form was then given to me that I should fill and fax to an address in case such happens or I should visit a link in the form to log it online. That was all oooo.

I connected to the free Wifi and bingo! My friend was around with just 3 lines of BBM message. He snapped the two families and also snapped with us. Omo, when I got out to load the trunk of the car, I rushed back in to wear my jacket.....+10degrees wicked ooo. how e go come be with -25degrees... Na die be dat oooo :eek: ordinary +10degrees tear my lips ;D ;D

I have not been normal since I landed at 7:10pm Calgary local time. Up till now, I am still suffering from jet lag. I will get over it tomorrow anyways if I set out to get SIN, Health card, line, and Bank account.

Canada is a lovely place with many rules. driving, conduct, etc. FYI, I witnessed the first snow today 8th November, 2015 and the adaptation don start be dat.

Lemme stop here and I promise to keep you all updated when I settle down fully.

Rain of PPR will kill all members this week IJN...

I remain your boy...... Technolee.

Congrats on your landing.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
technolee said:
It saddens my heart as I read through the thread without a deluge of updates as expected by the COPA members. Well, the family has taken a bold step by praying our way to a successful PRV process. I pray that the 'brighter morning star (God)' will make all of us to laugh very soon. I mean very, very soon.

Let me start by saying that I have missed the thread owing to preparation to fly with my one entrance PRV. It is not easy if I must be realistic. A moral here is that we should start preparation now because there won't be a luxury of time as soon as the Visa gets to you. Put your FAITH at work here because the decision is what we cannot determine but hope for.

My last day at work for my 3month resignation notice was supposed to be November 2, 2015 but I discussed with my manager and HR that I would be leaving October 23, 2015 so I can have at least, 2weeks to prepare for my flight booked for 5th November, 2015. For your information, I booked the same date with my man, gentleiphy and his wife.

I was not able to get my cash exchanged to dollars till I left work on the 23rd October, I was not even ready to exchange at the black market rate...1USD to 225NGN for wetin now!
Information reached me from gentleiphy that he was able to get dollars at sterling bank and as a sharp person, I took my wife and rushed to the bank on 28th October to open an account for her. I see reason why the bank is not growing that day as they were not able to open ordinary savings account within 24hrs because of one yeye KYC (know your customer). the funniest thing was that they lost the forms filled and the passport photograph and my wife had to go there with another passport and refilled the form (I could not scatter the bank because na dollar dey my mind!). Account number was eventually generated at 5pm on 29th November and banking operation had closed. Cash was transferred to the account against Monday morning, 2nd November, 2015.

Myself and wife went to another branch on Monday morning and we were able to get 5000USD with her account at the rate of 1USD to 199NGN without an extra charge. We could have gotten 4000USD each but my account no dey smile!. My advise is that if there is anyone who cares to get dollars with Sterling bank and or Ecobank, go open your account with them asap to avoid delays and frustration.

Started packing loads a day to my flight which was scheduled for 11:30pm with BA on the 5th November as earlier mentioned. Don't be like me as it is never a good way to go. Start packing your loads now and go get ziplocs (biggest size) to pack and label your foodstuffs if you plan to go with any.

My stories too much self! oya, make I fast forward................................

I arranged with Guyman1234 (who I am sure would get his Visa very soon) to pick me up on the day of my flight and it was fun all the way. I got cleared at the immigration and loads was removed from over-weighed bags to other light bags. my set of screwdrivers was seized and thrown away when my hand luggage was checked. Moral: pack and keep all important tools, liquids, etc in your check-in luggage.

Flight as scheduled was followed and gentleiphy with wife sat in front of myself and wifey (we planned all these while booking and selecting seats). we gisted and forgot ourselves for the in-flight entertainment. We got to Heathrow after 6hrs for a 10hrs layover. For real, 10hrs was like 1hr because we walked the area gisting and laughing. We then commenced our journey for another 9hrs to YYC with the same sitting arrangement.

It was pretty cool at YYC and landing was very smooth. Declaration card that was giving in the flight from UK to YYC was filled and shown to the CBSA person. He asked if i had cash on me and I showed him my jotter ( 5kUSD, 14kNGN (in case I dey come back Naija)) and he asked if the 14kNGN is anywhere near 5000CAD if converted. I laughed and said it is not even up to 100CAD. He released me and we went to claim our checked-in luggage.
Lest I forget, at MMIA, I forgot to padlock my luggages and I was just praying that nothing happens to them and alas, they were as I arranged them.

From there, luggages was pushed towards a moving queue for landing process. I took less than 15minutes because I don't have goods to accompany and COPR was stamped with the word ' you are now a Permanent Resident and your PR card would be ready and sent to the address filled in 6-8weeks'. I then asked if along the line, I changed my address, what should I do? A form was then given to me that I should fill and fax to an address in case such happens or I should visit a link in the form to log it online. That was all oooo.

I connected to the free Wifi and bingo! My friend was around with just 3 lines of BBM message. He snapped the two families and also snapped with us. Omo, when I got out to load the trunk of the car, I rushed back in to wear my jacket.....+10degrees wicked ooo. how e go come be with -25degrees... Na die be dat oooo :eek: ordinary +10degrees tear my lips ;D ;D

I have not been normal since I landed at 7:10pm Calgary local time. Up till now, I am still suffering from jet lag. I will get over it tomorrow anyways if I set out to get SIN, Health card, line, and Bank account.

Canada is a lovely place with many rules. driving, conduct, etc. FYI, I witnessed the first snow today 8th November, 2015 and the adaptation don start be dat.

Congratulations, Technolee!

Thank God for safe landing and gradual settling in.

The land is for you to possess.

Innercircle

Oct 30, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
Awaiting
Dr. Tario said:
App filed dec 24.
CC charged Feb 24
Per mail mar 26
Noc 3112.
Awaiting MR, RPRF, PPR etc.

I don't know how to make it appear on the left just as that of most forumites. Admin pls help. Thanks.
I see our timelines are very close. I'm a dec 29th applicant.

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
technolee said:
Amen NG babe. Thank you.Thorndike4u my man, thank you. Abeg, no thank Guyman1234 joor..... na me dey train am since dem born am! I don even provoke heaven to release una PPR.Thanks iya ibeji. My lips don adapt after the culture shock. with my glove and thick socks, I am good. Amen to your prayers too.Thank you my assistant COPA president. God will make you laugh this week.Amen to your prayers my Calgarychic. Thanks Mabertia. I have started enjoying internet and electricity like mosquitoes for Naija!Amen to your prayers blacky. PPR is certain this week. enough of this chill pill.May it be to you as you have wished me and others of the family. I appreciate.Amen. Thank you for your prayers Silverblade. Will slap gentleiphy with snow while relaying your message later today.The Doc. Amen ooooo.
Enter into the realm of miracle mails and congratulatory messages this week IJN.

Hehehe. Oya Guyman1234 go pay training fee ASAP O. Lol

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
technolee said:

Of a truth, I enjoyed reading your story even though I don't have patience for long write up but ur a good story teller. I pray that you will enjoy every bit of your stay in Canada. Nice one

technolee

May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Nomination.....
15-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nothing as such
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Interview........
Nothing as such
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
6th November 2015 (7:10 pm local time)
neyobash14 said:
haqhahahha..okay sir.. i wont.
Wats d weight of d doc?
like 12 sheets of A4 paper.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations on your safe landing technolee, and welcome to the land of the Maple leaf. Regards to Gentleiphy too.

technolee said:

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations!

Tehillah said:
My dear Forumites,

This is my short landing story: I landed at Calgary Airport on 5th November 2015, everything was straight forward, declared my cash, everything else was a walk in the park, no stress what so ever, they did not ask for POF, they told me 'Welcome to Canada' and 'You are now a Permanent Resident' and in a few minutes i was out of the Airport. Thank God for safe Journey. Trying now to get a contract phone (I am told it is cheaper), SIN card, Health Card and open a bank account and credit card; most of which I have now done. The only snag was the airline did not transport my luggage, they sent me a message while at the airport, the luggage was delivered to my residence some minutes ago as they promised.

To everyone waiting for AVO, may God wake them up in Jesus Name.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations Technolee, wish you all the best in your new country.

technolee said:

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
First of all it is God i want to return all the glory and honour for no man can do what God has done....nothing pass God.

The Journey of Canadian PR that started for me exactly on the 27th August 2014 finally ended today 9th Nov 2015 when i got all my landing documentation completed.

My landing process was the best among the best as i travelled same day with a good brother from this great house with his wife,infact ours was an "and co"sort of as i travelled with my wife as well...so two couples heading same direction same date,same flight,same seating position for the two laps flying British Airways..Lagos Heathrow Calgary on the 5th of November 2015...Technolee i salute you my brother.ok..clearing customs and immigraton at MMIA lagos was smooth without issues....was not even asked how much i was travelling with becasue as soon as the customs guy saw "IMMIGRANT' on my wives passport he waved us on and had a second thought and called my wife back to ask her how she was able to get the immigrant visa,tried to exchange phone number with me to put him through on the application processes....i politely dodged that reminding him that Nigeria needs him as an agent of change we desired...he replied back with"if i hear" and i smiled and walked down towards my departure gate while trying to connect to Technolee to be sure he is alright too.

I made sure i selected our seats together both Tecnolee and my family so that we dont loose sight of each other.Flight from lagos was smooth,entertaining and fun with Technoo causing all the wahala of frowning at the mede medes being served as he had hoped for hot amala and ewedu...we landed at Heathrow smoothly,as usual purple signs took us to the connecting flight zone and i headed straight to the children play area because i knew they have this long soft sofas which we needed for technolees wife to relax and stretch with good rest since it was an 8hrs plus layover...we didnt even know when the time ran past because we had so much to do as a family traveling together(Advise..make forum members try dey book same day to fly..it makes sense).Finaly the last lap to getting closer to our PR was annoucned and off we headed to Gate A10....na only Technolee and my family be the black among all the passengers unlike lagos wey na all naija affairs to London.

we touched down in Calgary 6.03pm ahead of scheduled after a 9hrs plus flight...cleared the first CBSA process..went and picked out luggages then headed straight to the second and final CBSA clearance.20mins and we were done...POF asked and i told..ofcourse i declared same in the declaration card and "Welcome to Canada" with a handshake happened..i come dey feel like Obama sef.

hmmm....coming out to arrival..the ogbonge man himself DameKollins was already on his way to pick us even with the temperature dropping very low...this landed seniors i dough my hat for cos the sacrifice they make everyday to make us comfortable upon arrival no get part two and yet some of us are meeting them for the first time.Kollins took his time and drove us to our host place and stayed a while giving instructions on the next thing to do the following day.but we could not do anything as per documentation becasue it was weekend.Now today Monday...the baba himself oga KSA took over where Kollins stopped and was at my host place as early as possible regardless of the minus something weather and snow and off we went for the documentation.We did our SIN,open bank account,did out health card registration,went and registered for our benchmark English test for this thursday and concluded referals for other immigrant services benefits as well as got a contract phone,amidst all this waka waka,kollins was always calling to know how we are faring in the documentation....sacrifice more than what any can offer by this landed seniors.so today my family and i became full PR of Canada,to God be the glory.

Now as i don log in to Canada today...no logging out until data bundle finish(meaning until citizenship show.o.o)...i salute you all abd pray that AVO will release all the remaining PPR and MR's for us to lend a helping hand too to all coming behind us.The Indians are doing it..we can do better.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
gentleiphy said:
First of all it is God i want to return all the glory and honour for no man can do what God has done....nothing pass God.

The Journey of Canadian PR that started for me exactly on the 27th August 2014 finally ended today 9th Nov 2015 when i got all my landing documentation completed.

My landing process was the best among the best as i travelled same day with a good brother from this great house with his wife,infact ours was an "and co"sort of as i travelled with my wife as well...so two couples heading same direction same date,same flight,same seating position for the two laps flying British Airways..Lagos Heathrow Calgary on the 5th of November 2015...Technolee i salute you my brother.ok..clearing customs and immigraton at MMIA lagos was smooth without issues....was not even asked how much i was travelling with becasue as soon as the customs guy saw "IMMIGRANT' on my wives passport he waved us on and had a second thought and called my wife back to ask her how she was able to get the immigrant visa,tried to exchange phone number with me to put him through on the application processes....i politely dodged that reminding him that Nigeria needs him as an agent of change we desired...he replied back with"if i hear" and i smiled and walked down towards my departure gate while trying to connect to Technolee to be sure he is alright too.

I made sure i selected our seats together both Tecnolee and my family so that we dont loose sight of each other.Flight from lagos was smooth,entertaining and fun with Technoo causing all the wahala of frowning at the mede medes being served as he had hoped for hot amala and ewedu...we landed at Heathrow smoothly,as usual purple signs took us to the connecting flight zone and i headed straight to the children play area because i knew they have this long soft sofas which we needed for technolees wife to relax and stretch with good rest since it was an 8hrs plus layover...we didnt even know when the time ran past because we had so much to do as a family traveling together(Advise..make forum members try dey book same day to fly..it makes sense).Finaly the last lap to getting closer to our PR was annoucned and off we headed to Gate A10....na only Technolee and my family be the black among all the passengers unlike lagos wey na all naija affairs to London.

we touched down in Calgary 6.03pm ahead of scheduled after a 9hrs plus flight...cleared the first CBSA process..went and picked out luggages then headed straight to the second and final CBSA clearance.20mins and we were done...POF asked and i told..ofcourse i declared same in the declaration card and "Welcome to Canada" with a handshake happened..i come dey feel like Obama sef.

hmmm....coming out to arrival..the ogbonge man himself DameKollins was already on his way to pick us even with the temperature dropping very low...this landed seniors i dough my hat for cos the sacrifice they make everyday to make us comfortable upon arrival no get part two and yet some of us are meeting them for the first time.Kollins took his time and drove us to our host place and stayed a while giving instructions on the next thing to do the following day.but we could not do anything as per documentation becasue it was weekend.Now today Monday...the baba himself oga KSA took over where Kollins stopped and was at my host place as early as possible regardless of the minus something weather and snow and off we went for the documentation.We did our SIN,open bank account,did out health card registration,went and registered for our benchmark English test for this thursday and concluded referals for other immigrant services benefits as well as got a contract phone,amidst all this waka waka,kollins was always calling to know how we are faring in the documentation....sacrifice more than what any can offer by this landed seniors.so today my family and i became full PR of Canada,to God be the glory.

Now as i don log in to Canada today...no logging out until data bundle finish(meaning until citizenship show.o.o)...i salute you all abd pray that AVO will release all the remaining PPR and MR's for us to lend a helping hand too to all coming behind us.The Indians are doing it..we can do better.
congrats on your safe landing, KSA and Kollins you guys are great

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
gentleiphy said:

Congrats on your successful landing.

McSailor

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
16-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-12-2015
gentleiphy said:

Nice one. Congrats on the landing. See you soon