Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Bigboi...........thank God for your life and the process thus far!

Bigboi said:
well let me answer this specific case on travel history.

at the time of filling our Schedule A form, we erroneously ticked the part whether my wife has been refused visa for entry into Canada or any other country. Apparently we ticked No instead of Yes.
At the time when we got mail that our visa has been approved from AVO and that we should go ahead to pay for the visa fee, and submit our pp, that was where "yawa gaz". I included my wife old passport showing her UK visa refusal history and subsequently, few days later i got another mail that our application might be rejected and if found guilty of concealing information or misrepresentation. we may be inadmissible for up to 5 years. Guys, it was a "catastrophic mail" i must confessed. After 1 year of prayerfully following up on this dream and haven gotten the visa approval mail, only to be rejected? I was temporarily broken apart, head swollen and terribly afraid.

Anyways, I must commend the AVO visa team, howbeit slow they may seem, they are very objective and fair in their dealings. Just like lots of you would know, they usually give window of time for you to defend yourself-in this case, it was 14days pere!

I went into action of prayer, seeking God for counsel & wisdom on how to respond to AVO concern raised against my wifey. First I needed to get the refusal letter from the UK embassy in lagos(given to her) and send a cover letter to explain what went wrong. Too bad, we searched and searched everywhere for the letter but could not find it-we needed it badly to make an headway! As God would have it, my wife had scanned a copy of the letter to someone, hence she was able to retrieve the copy which we later scanned back to them with a cover letter. The cover letter highlighted the following:

The concerned statement from section d of question 6 in the schedule A form was not read in full context, hence it was partially understood.
Due to the partial understanding, the error became pertinent.
the error in response to the question (NO) was committed innocently and honestly without motive of concealing any information.
the reason for her UK visa refusal was not material -refused due to insufficient fund subject to appeal
as additional evidence of sincerity, the old pp was submitted that reveals her travel history.

based on the logical sequence of my clarification(backed by God's mercy) i was able to overcome this challenge of near visa refusal

I hope the information provided would clarify for any person found in this similar challenge. ;)

And for that fellow that said I have been silent, well, I have made up for the silent moments contributing back to the platform that has been so enriching and informative on this our journey to the land of the free.

Once again, God bless you all while I take a bow and go! ;D

Signed
Bigboi and wify

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Nice move Bigboi, thanks for sharing. The Lord truly is faithful

Bigboi said:

at the time of filling our Schedule A form, we erroneously ticked the part whether my wife has been refused visa for entry into Canada or any other country. Apparently we ticked No instead of Yes.
At the time when we got mail that our visa has been approved from AVO and that we should go ahead to pay for the visa fee, and submit our pp, that was where "yawa gaz". I included my wife old passport showing her UK visa refusal history and subsequently, few days later i got another mail that our application might be rejected and if found guilty of concealing information or misrepresentation. we may be inadmissible for up to 5 years. Guys, it was a "catastrophic mail" i must confessed. After 1 year of prayerfully following up on this dream and haven gotten the visa approval mail, only to be rejected? I was temporarily broken apart, head swollen and terribly afraid.

Anyways, I must commend the AVO visa team, howbeit slow they may seem, they are very objective and fair in their dealings. Just like lots of you would know, they usually give window of time for you to defend yourself-in this case, it was 14days pere!

I went into action of prayer, seeking God for counsel & wisdom on how to respond to AVO concern raised against my wifey. First I needed to get the refusal letter from the UK embassy in lagos(given to her) and send a cover letter to explain what went wrong. Too bad, we searched and searched everywhere for the letter but could not find it-we needed it badly to make an headway! As God would have it, my wife had scanned a copy of the letter to someone, hence she was able to retrieve the copy which we later scanned back to them with a cover letter. The cover letter highlighted the following:

The concerned statement from section d of question 6 in the schedule A form was not read in full context, hence it was partially understood.
the error in response to the question (NO) was committed innocently and honestly without motive of concealing any information.
the reason for her UK visa refusal was not material -refused due to insufficient fund subject to appeal
as additional evidence of sincerity, the old pp was submitted that reveals her travel history.

based on the logical sequence of my clarification(backed by God's mercy) i was able to overcome this challenge of near visa refusal

I hope the information provided would clarify for any person found in this similar challenge. ;)

And for that fellow that said I have been silent, well, I have made up for the silent moments contributing back to the platform that has been so enriching and informative on this our journey to the land of the free.

Signed
Bigboi and wify

pace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
thanks Bigboi for the information.

I think the challenge is always the way the question is phrased and that makes most people to misunderstand it.

I am glad it ended in praises for you.

all the best in the new land.

Bigboi said:

Signed
Bigboi and wify

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Thank God for you, I think some of the questions need further explanations so one does not say anything that will seem as misrepresentation.

Bigboi said:

Signed
Bigboi and wify

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Bigboi said:

Signed
Bigboi and wify
Thanks for sharing. We will all testify at the end of the day.

bolaopemire

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Bigboi said:

Signed
Bigboi and wify
This is a big eye opener. Thank you for sharing eventually. Wishing you goodness in your new country

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016

Hello All,
With reference to quotes highlighted above. Are we expected to send all our expired passports or just the passport that was used in the Application?

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Sisi mee said:

Hello All,
With reference to quotes highlighted above. Are we expected to send all our expired passports or just the passport that was used in the Application?
please don't send expired passport

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
I assume Bigboi attached all the passports owned by his wife from inception, Most people have as many as 4 passports rubberbanded together (depending on travel history). This i also presume exposed the UK denial stamp on one of the older attached ones.
When sending yours, send the passport indicated in your application, which i assumed is not yet expired.

Sisi mee said:

Hello All,

Bigboi

Oct 5, 2015
I assume Bigboi attached all the passports owned by his wife from inception, Most people have as many as 4 passports rubberbanded together (depending on travel history). This i also presume exposed the UK denial stamp on one of the older attached ones.
When sending yours, send the passport indicated in your application, which i assumed is not yet expired.

Quote from: Sisi mee on October 23, 2015, 04:48:18 am

Hello All,
I included the expired passport simply because this was the passport data copy i used at the beginning of application for my wife. The pp expired along the way and she renewed it but now with a different surname(mine). Although I updated this info in their website, I felt i should just add the expired passport along with the new at the point of passport request.

Below could have been likely decisions and outcomes:
If I didn't add the expired one, they may ask me for it(since i used it at the beginning of the application with a different surname). If sent later, it may appear as if i am concealing some information.
If I submit the new one, they may not ask any other info since i have updated along the way, then i would still be fine.
that I submitted the expired one (although came with the challenge of almost being rejected of visa), it corroborated the fact that I was sincere and had no intention to hide info from them.
Summarily, I would say you should just submit only relevant doc. just ensure all information on your application forms are coherent and consistent throughout your application. Go through the forms you fill all over and ensure you have supporting doc. to back any need whenever it comes.

All the best y'or!
Signed
Bigboi & Wify

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Decision made and PPR flying all over the place for Indian applicants by NDVO.

Christamario

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Interview........
WAIVED IN JESUS NAME
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
LANDED..........
Please I need further clarifications on this SCHEDULE A,Question 6d. If one of my sibblings have been denied a US Visa is it necessary to indicate YES cos part of that Question 6 heading says " Any of your famiy member listed in the application"

Bigboi said:
I included the expired passport simply because this was the passport data copy i used at the beginning of application for my wife. The pp expired along the way and she renewed it but now with a different surname(mine). Although I updated this info in their website, I felt i should just add the expired passport along with the new at the point of passport request.

Below could have been likely decisions and outcomes:
If I didn't add the expired one, they may ask me for it(since i used it at the beginning of the application with a different surname). If sent later, it may appear as if i am concealing some information.
If I submit the new one, they may not ask any other info since i have updated along the way, then i would still be fine.
that I submitted the expired one (although came with the challenge of almost being rejected of visa), it corroborated the fact that I was sincere and had no intention to hide info from them.
Summarily, I would say you should just submit only relevant doc. just ensure all information on your application forms are coherent and consistent throughout your application. Go through the forms you fill all over and ensure you have supporting doc. to back any need whenever it comes.

All the best y'or!
Signed
Bigboi & Wify

MONEYMONGER

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/12/2014
Med's Request
16/09/2015
Med's Done....
24/09/2015
Passport Req..
18/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2016
LANDED..........
August
Guyman1234 said:
Decision made and PPR flying all over the place for Indian applicants by NDVO.
Never mind. Next week, DM & PPR will start flying every where here too. I remember something similar happened in late July/ early August. But please don't quote me. Thanks for understanding.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
MONEYMONGER said:
Never mind. Next week, DM & PPR will start flying every where here too. I remember something similar happened in late July/ early August. But please don't quote me. Thanks for understanding.
Lol. I will definitely quote you by next Friday .

Bigboi

Oct 5, 2015
Please I need further clarifications on this SCHEDULE A,Question 6d. If one of my siblings have been denied a US Visa is it necessary to indicate YES cos part of that Question 6 heading says " Any of your family member listed in the application"
Your sibling must indicate YES in that form-cuz when they ask for your passport(s) -depending on what is written at the back of the pp in question, they would query and ask question.
If your sibling as answered No instead of Yes, just get ready to defend your error with supporting document when they raise concerns.
The essence is they wants to see consistency in your forms and information.
No cause for alarm ...just get prepared.

Signed
Bigboi & Wify