+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 education evaluation and work experience

canimmihelp

Apr 8, 2013
Hello everybody,

I finished my Masters in August 2006 and worked from Nov 2006 to 2008 Feb. I started working again few months back but I haven't worked in between from Mar 2008 to May 2013.I wonder if I am eligible to apply for a PR under FSW. The eligibility criteria says we need to have atleast 1 year of fulltime experience from the past 10 years. Though I have an year of continuous fulltime employment, will the long gap in my career pose as a hindrance for my PR application under FSW.

Also, I had my undergrad(BTech) degree assessed from WES(World Education Services) when doing my Masters and I have done my Masters from a University in the US. Do I need to get my MS education assessed from WES or does the CIC accept a US University awarded MS degree?

Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello canimmihelp

Yes you are eligible as long as you have atleast 1 year of fulltime experience from the past 10 years. Not sure what CIC will make out of the gap from Mar 2008 to May 2013 but you will have to adequately account for all you activities during this period on the background declaration form.

As long as your degree is earned OUTSIDE Canada it need to be assessed. So you have to get your ECA for your Masters degree.

Regards

canimmihelp

Apr 8, 2013
Hello MSZB: Thanks very much for the reply.
I have done few certifications while off from work.. and hopefully my return to work will help my application gain some points. Will apply and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
You're welcome. Best of luck. :)

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
Hi
I am in a similar situation.Though I have 2+ yrs exp in the past 10yrs, I am a home maker after that...I hope I still stand a chance...Keeping fingers crossed.

ami2245

Jul 7, 2013
Yes, you need to get it evaluated by WES/ICAS

you are eligible as the condition is to have at least 1 year experience in last 10 years

but please check for the total points as if they are > 67 or not before applying

i think you should have a good reason to tell why was not you working for that long period or may be the details of what were you involved in during this period.

canimmihelp said:
Hello everybody,

I finished my Masters in August 2006 and worked from Nov 2006 to 2008 Feb. I started working again few months back but I haven't worked in between from Mar 2008 to May 2013.I wonder if I am eligible to apply for a PR under FSW. The eligibility criteria says we need to have atleast 1 year of fulltime experience from the past 10 years. Though I have an year of continuous fulltime employment, will the long gap in my career pose as a hindrance for my PR application under FSW.

Also, I had my undergrad(BTech) degree assessed from WES(World Education Services) when doing my Masters and I have done my Masters from a University in the US. Do I need to get my MS education assessed from WES or does the CIC accept a US University awarded MS degree?

Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.