+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
mabmabs said:
congrats dude.. best of luck
Happy new year forumites. Please i have a question and would appreciate your responses especially from those that have landed in Canada already. My question is, at the point of landing while filling the form for PR card and subsequent receiving address for same, what are the possibilities of using a hotel address? Has anyone successfully used a hotel address in the past? The assumption here is that you are just landing Canada and do not have any relative or trusted friend to use their address. You have booked to check into a hotel while you scout for permanent accommodation. Seniors what do you think?

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
Hi all
I am a having PR visa and now planning to land in Canada in few days time.I am a government servant and will be taking leave initially.I want to know that will it be a problem at delhi airport immigration check.I mean as I will be travelling on immigration visa, will the Indian immigration officers ask me about NOC from my office.or is it like they don't care whether i am a gov servant or not?Please reply.I am really tensed because of this.Also suggest what should i do to tackle this situation.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
sharmausct said:
Hi all
I am a having PR visa and now planning to land in Canada in few days time.I am a government servant and will be taking leave initially.I want to know that will it be a problem at delhi airport immigration check.I mean as I will be travelling on immigration visa, will the Indian immigration officers ask me about NOC from my office.or is it like they don't care whether i am a gov servant or not?Please reply.I am really tensed because of this.Also suggest what should i do to tackle this situation.
Hi I believe during application of leave you must have informed that you are doing foreign trip. at airport no issue of that.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
sharmausct said:
Hi all
You can tell them that i am returning back on so and so date and show them your return flight confirmation. Hopefully they will not make a fuss about it. Also, if you are in good terms with your manager, get a letter from him stating that sharma is going on international trip and will be back to resume duty on some date. Usually if you are in the defence sector they may make a fuss as these guys are very unpredictable.

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
Dears,

I got my COPR stamped this week.
Now I've got 2 questions :

Proof of funds while landing: as I dont want to carry cash or Traveller cheques(methods suggested in CIC), is it fine if I just carry lastest bank statements with required amount and International Debit card. Is it possible to convince imm. Officers with these?

PR card: since I am just planning for a short trip of 7 days I cant present in person to collect my PR card.
So is it fine to provide my lawyer's address(this firm was also my official representative during the whole process) to mail the PR card and I'd ask my lawyers to courier PR cards back to me. Or would CIC mandate to be present in perosn to pick up PR cards

Appreciate your help on this.

AlertJack

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along
Nomination.....
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 2013
IELTS Request
Sent along
File Transfer...
Feb 2014 Processing started
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
N/A | Decision Made: Feb 2015
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Must read regarding duty and customs for whoever landing soon - http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html#s4x1

song_of_baby

Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
PER 23-09-2013, AOR 21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
Hopefully 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully 2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2014
Admins please update spreadsheet.
I got my visa on 30/12/2014. The previous journey finally finished. New journey started.... :)

BAMP

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
File Transfer...
Processing start on 27th Feb
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
29/08/2014
Passport Req..
PPR1- 26/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM-3/02/2015 & PPR2-11/02/2015
song_of_baby said:
Admins please update spreadsheet.
I got my visa on 30/12/2014. The previous journey finally finished. New journey started.... :)
Many many congrats....

I hope NDVO wake up and issue DM to me and to many who are waiting

Wake up NDVO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BAMP

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
File Transfer...
Processing start on 27th Feb
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
29/08/2014
Passport Req..
PPR1- 26/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM-3/02/2015 & PPR2-11/02/2015
Dear Admin

Update spreadsheet i am waiktin g for DM anf PPR2. got mr in august

thanks in advance

mp84

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014 (PER Mail)
File Transfer...
25-09-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014 (3 line add on 09-10-2014)
Interview........
skiped
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
BAMP said:
Dear Admin

Update spreadsheet i am waiktin g for DM anf PPR2. got mr in august

thanks in advance
How you paid RPRF fee online or DD?

I am waiting for PPR. ..

Thank .....

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Hiii
Happy newww yearrrerrr everyone......

Just received RPRF and MR from Bucharest visa office.... SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

I have 60 days to send the documents but on the MR email its mentioneed that i have 30 days,thats the deadline to DO the medical ,right?.. or to send the medical report?

And i want to do a new passport,better to do it now before i do the medicals or i can send a new passport on PPR??is it required to have the same passport on MR to be the one sent on PPR?
Please advise...
Thank you verrrryyy much and good luck to allllllll....

Rorita.

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
Bank Statement as POF on Landing

Hello Guys,
I will be landing soon in Calgary. I checked with my bank and its possible for me to open a bank account in Canada prior to landing. I can then transfer my funds to the Canadian bank account, and intend to take the Canadian account Bank Statement as Proof of Fund to show to immigration officer. Need advise if the bank statement is acceptable to the immigration officer? Has anybody done this before. Need confirmation as bank statement is not among the mentioned methods on CIC website.

Would appreciate the advise.
Regards,

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Khan_KK said:

Hello Guys,
I will be landing soon in Calgary. I checked with my bank and its possible for me to open a bank account in Canada prior to landing. I can then transfer my funds to the Canadian bank account, and intend to take the Canadian account Bank Statement as Proof of Fund to show to immigration officer. Need advise if the bank statement is acceptable to the immigration officer? Has anybody done this before. Need confirmation as bank statement is not among the mentioned methods on CIC website.

Regards,
I know some one who has done this before, even I opened the Scotia ban acc before but didn't opted to do transfer.

There is no difference either you carry DD (Demand Draft) with you or you open the acc prior to landing. The only thing I didn't opted to open the acc was that once you land and inquire with different banks they have different programs for new comers within that TD Canada trust is the one which gives you most of it, and most of the new comers go for TD bank.

So if you have draft you have the option to chose the bank which gives you the most of the value for your money and benefits, anyways this is just my personal views and opinion.

Answering to your question, yes you can.

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
Need one more advise. should I even do this? Anything wrong in doing this? I mean transferring money to an account in a country where I have not even landed yet. Is it advisable. Has anybody done this before?

Khan_KK said:

Hello Guys,

Regards,

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
Thank you nkalra. so the immigration officer at the POE accepts the bank statement as POF? do you know if there is any particular requirement for bank statement? I mean does it has to be on bank's letterhead/ stamped etc or a print out will be sufficient?

nkalra said:
I know some one who has done this before, even I opened the Scotia ban acc before but didn't opted to do transfer.

There is no difference either you carry DD (Demand Draft) with you or you open the acc prior to landing. The only thing I didn't opted to open the acc was that once you land and inquire with different banks they have different programs for new comers within that TD Canada trust is the one which gives you most of it, and most of the new comers go for TD bank.

So if you have draft you have the option to chose the bank which gives you the most of the value for your money and benefits, anyways this is just my personal views and opinion.

Answering to your question, yes you can.