+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Happy new year to everyone, 2015 shall be our year of extravagant harvest (Amen). Pls I want to know if one needs a transit visa when transiting through the uk for less than 48 hours/if one's luggage will be checked by immigration, I read on their site that one needs a visa but concession can be given? How true and reliable is that?
Response needed urgently, pls

mabmabs

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 july 2013
AOR Received.
PER 4 Oct 2013
ty said:
Happy new year to everyone, 2015 shall be our year of extravagant harvest (Amen). Pls I want to know if one needs a transit visa when transiting through the uk for less than 48 hours/if one's luggage will be checked by immigration, I read on their site that one needs a visa but concession can be given? How true and reliable is that?
Response needed urgently, pls
Not leaving the airport :-
You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit; You should apply for a Visitor in Transit visa if you arrive on a flight and will pass through immigration control before you leave the UK.
Transiting without a visa
You might be eligible for the ‘transit without visa concession’ if:
you arrive and depart by air
have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)

One of the following must also apply:
you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
you have a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
you have a residence permit issued by Canada issued after 28 June 2002
you have a uniform format category D visa for entry to a country in the EEA or Switzerland
you have an Irish biometric visa and an onward flight ticket to the Republic of Ireland
you’re travelling from the Republic of Ireland and it’s less than 3 months since you were last given permission, on the basis of holding a valid Irish biometric visa, to land or be in Ireland
you have a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
you have a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
you have an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
you have a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)

Iddqd22

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

Just received passports from VO with visas ;D This process took 438 days from the day of sending application to Sidney.

I want to share my true appreciation to this wonderful and valuable forum and all members who continually contribute and improve it. Your support and help have been really great and insightful.

I wish good luck to all applicants and be strong.

Below is my timeline:

http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0102/a1/7cda82ba5ccbe5018325ae8f8bd3d5a1.png

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
Hello Guys,

Glad to share with you all that I've got my passport back with the visa. Thank a lot to all you guys for your guidance in the process.

Something to share with you. My medical was done in July, 2014, so I was expecting that I will get visa till July, 2015. I wonder why, but my visa expiry is only March, 2015. No passport is expiring in March. So.. just don't know why.

Have a small question. For me and my son, on the visa it says that issued place in London and issue date is same for both of us, but for my wife, visa issued place is Abu Dhabi and the visa issued date is different. Is that a problem? Anything to do with me?

Would appreciate the response.
Thanks

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
Khan_KK said:
Hello Guys,

Glad to share with you all that I've got my passport back with the visa. Thank a lot to all you guys for your guidance in the process.

Something to share with you. My medical was done in July, 2014, so I was expecting that I will get visa till July, 2015. I wonder why, but my visa expiry is only March, 2015. No passport is expiring in March. So.. just don't know why.

Have a small question. For me and my son, on the visa it says that issued place in London and issue date is same for both of us, but for my wife, visa issued place is Abu Dhabi and the visa issued date is different. Is that a problem? Anything to do with me?

Thanks

Nothing to worry. Go ahead & land safely.
This is not an issue. Its CIC's headache from which Embassy/Consulate they have to process complete application steps.
We just need maple leafstamped on passport & that is the only thing you have got it.
All the best for your future on Dream Land.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This could be a simple mistake from the Visa office..... usually they fix them when reported....you can send them a CSE>...stating visa number and issue etc.

Khan_KK said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
Just received my GCMS notes, nothing has changed pretty much except the recent file history location is "PA-PUT AWAY" dont know what it means. Previously added the FRC note is removed. Latest note is under the Label: Verification, so they are trying to verify something??

Dont know what the hell is LVO doing with my file. This is now taking my nerves. I have to wait wait and wait only??

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
islandbabe said:
This could be a simple mistake from the Visa office..... usually they fix them when reported....you can send them a CSE>...stating visa number and issue etc.
so are you suggesting that I should contact CIC to get it fixed? I was just wondering the visa issued place has got nothing to do with me so shouldn't be a problem. Can you please confirm if this is an issue and I have to get it resolved before flying. I would really appreciate your prompt response as I have no time left to make a decision.

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
ramgarhia said:
Nothing to worry. Go ahead & land safely.
This is not an issue. Its CIC's headache from which Embassy/Consulate they have to process complete application steps.
We just need maple leafstamped on passport & that is the only thing you have got it.
All the best for your future on Dream Land.
Thanks.

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
"Short Landing or Move"

Hello Guys,
I am looking for your advise and some practical experiences feedback on deciding whether to go for a short landing or just Move.

As per my friends in Canada, who are in my field, to get the right job, I have to be present in Canada. In fact be present in the City where I want to get the job. Based on this feedback, I am thinking that short landing is not going to give me any advantage, except may be financial which is no big concern at the moment, cause eventually I will have to resign and go there and then look for job. Then why not now?

So.. whats your advise?
Can anybody share personal experience who did short landing or moved and how he/she look back his decision. Would really appreciate the advise.

Thanks

Bhaumick

Dec 24, 2013
Gujarat India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Fees encahsed - 06.05.2014
Nomination.....
PER - 12.05.2014
IELTS Request
8 (With Application)
File Transfer...
AOR - 04.06.2014
Med's Request
07.07.2014 (along with RPRF)
Med's Done....
14.07.2014 Third line in E-CAS : 22.07.2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29.09.2014 - DM on 30.09.2014
VISA ISSUED...
26.09.2014 - Received on 08.10.2014
LANDED..........
March 2015
Khan_KK said:
"Short Landing or Move"

Hello Guys,
I am looking for your advise and some practical experiences feedback on deciding whether to go for a short landing or just Move.

As per my friends in Canada, who are in my field, to get the right job, I have to be present in Canada. In fact be present in the City where I want to get the job. Based on this feedback, I am thinking that short landing is not going to give me any advantage, except may be financial which is no big concern at the moment, cause eventually I will have to resign and go there and then look for job. Then why not now?

So.. whats your advise?
Can anybody share personal experience who did short landing or moved and how he/she look back his decision. Would really appreciate the advise.

Thanks
Hello Mr. Khan,
First of all Congratulations.
Your Dilemma is a very common one. But the decision totally depends on your personal situations.
Firstly, to do a short landing, you should consider a few factors like financial, you will be spending a good sum just to get your PR card, if you don't have a problem with that, that's a Pro. Secondly, you need atleast 1-1.5 month's leave from your company, a temporary place to stay, which will be costly, if you have relatives there, problem solved. There are positive sides of short landing too, you can go there and gauge the job market without loosing your present job, you can get a feel of the country you are moving to. Do a little bit of networking there, start applying for jobs, if you get one which you feel is good, other things are just formalities. But if in two months if you see that the market is weak, which it is right now due to the oil prices, you can always grab your PR card and come back, wait for a suitable market scenario and then take the final decision to move.
But if you directly move there, then you will have to be ready for a few months of struggle. The only good thing is, you will complete your initial struggle and settle down sooner than the short landing. The risk is the uncertain market, if it goes southwards, the struggle will be longer. It all depends on your occupation, family situation, whether your wife has a job back home, and stuff like that. No one can give you a right answer. The only thing you can do is sit with your family and discuss the factors I highlighted, and others, then take a collective decision.
All the best, and do inform the forum what you have finalized... ;D

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
Bhaumick said:
Hello Mr. Khan,
First of all Congratulations.
Your Dilemma is a very common one. But the decision totally depends on your personal situations.
Firstly, to do a short landing, you should consider a few factors like financial, you will be spending a good sum just to get your PR card, if you don't have a problem with that, that's a Pro. Secondly, you need atleast 1-1.5 month's leave from your company, a temporary place to stay, which will be costly, if you have relatives there, problem solved. There are positive sides of short landing too, you can go there and gauge the job market without loosing your present job, you can get a feel of the country you are moving to. Do a little bit of networking there, start applying for jobs, if you get one which you feel is good, other things are just formalities. But if in two months if you see that the market is weak, which it is right now due to the oil prices, you can always grab your PR card and come back, wait for a suitable market scenario and then take the final decision to move.
But if you directly move there, then you will have to be ready for a few months of struggle. The only good thing is, you will complete your initial struggle and settle down sooner than the short landing. The risk is the uncertain market, if it goes southwards, the struggle will be longer. It all depends on your occupation, family situation, whether your wife has a job back home, and stuff like that. No one can give you a right answer. The only thing you can do is sit with your family and discuss the factors I highlighted, and others, then take a collective decision.
All the best, and do inform the forum what you have finalized... ;D
Thanks Bhaumick. You are right. I am considering all these factors. My conclusion is that it all depends on the will and mindset. If I am mentally prepared to face whatever comes, can bear a few months struggle, no immediate financial concerns, then I can move all together. Short landing is safer, but may turn out to be just a waist of time as eventually I will have to resign and do the same thing again. I appreciate your advise. So far i am landing on deciding to move all together with family and try my luck.

I am particularly looking for feedback from guys who have done the short landing or have moved. Their opinion would help me decide better.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Khan_KK said:
Thanks Bhaumick. You are right. I am considering all these factors. My conclusion is that it all depends on the will and mindset. If I am mentally prepared to face whatever comes, can bear a few months struggle, no immediate financial concerns, then I can move all together. Short landing is safer, but may turn out to be just a waist of time as eventually I will have to resign and do the same thing again. I appreciate your advise. So far i am landing on deciding to move all together with family and try my luck.

I am particularly looking for feedback from guys who have done the short landing or have moved. Their opinion would help me decide better.
Hi Guys,
good analysis.
and how about first moving oneself n then moving family in couple of months time, is it advisable?
cheers

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes its about the mindset but the reality check once an immigrant goes through the whole settling down thing is completely a different thing altogether. if you have any close family here like brothers and sisters or uncles and aunts who are really close enough to support is a great help. This is coming from an immigrant who has no one close here in Canada and has been here for 8 months and practically has done everything on his own and it has taken its tool emotionally and financially and I may have to move back due to financial situation and apply plan B and C which include working in Pak or coming back without family to work here.

Khan_KK said: