+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

esnips

Jun 30, 2012
NDVO Applicant, those who are expecting MR and having nearby passport expiery date, plan renew well in advance there is news of delay in passport issue due to blank passport paper crunch.

perseverence

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174<br>WES Assessment Filed..: 30-04-2013<br>WES Received......: 08-05-2013<br>DD Issued from..:HDFC Bank<br>Application Courier...:10-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 3:18pm<br>PER Received...: 24-07-2013<br>
AOR Received.
10-09-2013<br>Processing Started (ecas): 24-01-2014<br>
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
25-01-2014<br>Passport Sent.: 31-01-2014<br>Passport Recd.: 03-02-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 08-02-2014<br><b>Med's Recd..: 09-02-2014 <--</b>
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2014
LANDED..........
23-04-2014
obryan20 said:
Thanks for your response. Will be sure to make full use of your advice ;).

Unfortunately, my journey is just beginning in FSW14, as I wait 'on pins and needles' for my DD to be encashed and for the receipt of PER.

All the best.
Dear obryan20, all the best for your journey for PR. I am sure you'd get is sooner as there is big quota for 2014. When I look at the spreadsheet for 2013 and see it all painted in yellow - it makes me so happy that almost all got through except for few in waiting (btw, was just looking at the Indian spreadsheet, haven't checked the global one so not sure of other visa offices)

Just hang in there and you'll get it at right time. Now, when I think of it, I thank god that there was some delay as anyway landing here in winter would not have helped in any way. I met a friend who landed here in late December, was mostly locked in house with family for two months. Finally he went back to India completely depressed and returned this month to look for jobs. Now he and his wife both got jobs. So, trust God's plan and timing, in hindsight you'd always find that he was right to delay some things.

perseverence

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174<br>WES Assessment Filed..: 30-04-2013<br>WES Received......: 08-05-2013<br>DD Issued from..:HDFC Bank<br>Application Courier...:10-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 3:18pm<br>PER Received...: 24-07-2013<br>
AOR Received.
10-09-2013<br>Processing Started (ecas): 24-01-2014<br>
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
25-01-2014<br>Passport Sent.: 31-01-2014<br>Passport Recd.: 03-02-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 08-02-2014<br><b>Med's Recd..: 09-02-2014 <--</b>
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2014
LANDED..........
23-04-2014
rawdah said:
Very informative posts as always perseverence...+1 for you.

Congrats PSN8586 on DM :D
Thanks rawdah.

shripad

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2013, PER received :29-Jul-2013,
AOR Received.
AOR: 05-Sep-2013, Processing started : 07-Mar-14
Med's Request
22-May-2014, RPRF Request : 22-May-2014
Med's Done....
24-May-2014 ; Medicals received : 02-Jun-2014; RPRF encashed 10-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -18Jun2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Sept-2014
Hi All,

I am very happy today to see that DM, Maple leaf on passports , MR .. really feel very nice .. congrates to you all and kindly keep on sharing your experience please ... all the best and those who are waiting please pray to God yes .. God is great !! .....

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
Congrats to all those who have received their passports with Visas

botreconhp

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
abarasia said:
Dear Experts,

My application was delivered under NOC 2145 around 22nd of April. Other then submitting old Generic application form I couldnt notice any mistakes. I called them around 20th May back but they disagreed to check the status or give me any info about my application not even UCI no. I dropped an email on 23rd of May mentioning my name, DOB, Passport no. email id etc to check the status and no reply yet.

I dont know how to proceed now. Application did consisted lots of originals such as ECA, IELTS (Me and wife), Experience letter, PCC etc.
Most people in this period got PER, even started process. One of my friend did not get any information while his application that filled by CIO in earlier April, returned aslo. His mistake is also filled the old generic form. In my option, due to your NOC still appearance in the list of 2014, you should ask the second IELTS certificate and reapply. It is far away for 2145 reach CAP and should mention your case in the cover letter, awaiting information from CIO instead.

P/C my professional close to 2145 and I plan to get the job in oil industry, I am a geologist how about your professional?

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
perseverence said:
Friends, got my first job. Initial weeks we were not even applying as we had planned to get settled with license and all first. After I started applying online (and did not sweat on it at all - just applied to say 15-20 openings on indeed.ca for few days), it took no more than 2 weeks of applying to get 5 calls, 5 interviews and 3 confirmed jobs. For now, I have selected one and given them date of joining.

But this is the case of IT jobs. Whenever I read in past about doctors and engineers doing survival jobs after landing here, I never believed that 100%. But the picture got clear after landing. Except for IT, Oil (and related industry), I really do not see much jobs and even locals struggle a lot. That makes lot of us wonder why so many more openings for fsw immigration when job scenario is so bad (well we know the reason). Also, the canadian experience story is also true and you need some reference to land a job here.

I am posting this not to discourage anyone, it is just so people landing come prepared and with right expectations (and enough funds for initial months). CIC has really calculated the POF correctly, it may take months to get a job in Canada. One more thing to add here is that I am sharing exp from Toronto area and am not so sure of situation in other provinces.

Last word - despite the above, it is all worth it - so keep your dream alive as everyone here eventually gets settled - sooner or later. Everyone goes through the process of settlement (like we did for PR), only for some the process is short and for some it is bit long.

All the best.
perseverence said:
Thanks obryan20, PSN8586.

There are good openings in banks and businesses for accounting, however you might face the challenge of someone's reference. Most of such jobs are through reference. So, in such cases (mostly), you'd need to make good network of locals/friends who are in similar business/job here and can refer you. OR you get some related canadian experience by doing low paying job or voluntary work in the same line.

One thing to note - we were told in the CIIP session that we should not fall for survival jobs initially when there is pressure. I am in total agreement.
There are many people here (in Canada) who would suggest you to do some survival job to gain canadian exp and look for your line of work on the side. But friend, that "looking on side or in parallel" hardly works out. The survival jobs are pretty taxing/hard for new recruit and one doesn't get time or energy to explore the jobs in his/her line of work while doing survival jobs. Just imagine, if you join Tim Hortons today for survival job, do you think manager will put you on cashier or order taking at once? No, he would make you sweep and clean till you get up to speed in order taking. There goes your months. And, even while taking orders in busy outlet as that, where is the time to apply and look for other jobs? So eventually many of such people end up in survival jobs for years. It should be your last resort, if there is extreeeeme economical pressure to do so.
I'd suggest that you build strong network of friends and people in your line of work in initial months and upgrade your skills in the time you get your first job in your skill area.

My 2 cents.
+1 to you. I have become a fan of your posts especially since you started sharing the landing experience.....

Very Informative. Thank You.

I attended the CIIP session today and i can relate to what your saying here, especially with regulated professions and CIIP is giving great directions and assistance.

By the way which technology area are you working in? And did you go through covering letters, resume, formal interviews etc as explained in CIIP session. Is the job search process like what they explained. When you get time, could you briefly share the details around this?

Also what are the prospects of getting IT jobs before landing by taking a Canada number(like sonetel) and doing skype based interviews, does it work?

Congratulations on landing 3 jobs, All the very best and wishes for a blessed life ahead :)

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
Dear Forumites,

I attended CIIP session today - informative, insightful and long 8:30 AM to 6 PM. Its all about jobs, from all preparations that can be done before leaving, steps that can be taken after landing, ways to get "Canadian exp"(esp. regulated professions), importance of cover letters and Canadian style resumes and other valuable tips to find a job. Some facts, figures, starter information and teach some Canadian english too Cool

Would give you the Canadian viewpoint of the job market and how to approach it. It seems 80% of jobs are thru internal referrals and only 20% you see outside in portals etc Shocked networking is essential.

Tomorrow is a one-on-one 1 hr session, where they would work out an action plan for us and promised to hook us with CIIP partners in Canada who would help us in the job hunting process.

Would recommend attending for everyone. Especially for regulated professions, as you would get valuable advice and technique that were successfully used, as shown in success stories.......

Buzz me if u need more info.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Forum Family,

I have been away for a while and sooooo much has happened. CONGRATS on the progress made by so many especially those who have gotten their visas. Perseverance thanks so much for updating us on your post landing/job search experience. I wish so many others would make similar posts as they do help.

HAPPY WAITING
ISLANDBABE 8)

Aero123

Apr 8, 2014
I received GCMS notes today and it says eligibility:not started,security:not started, criminality:not started,medical:passed.
My file has been tfred to NY office. They have requested FBI cert and clarification from me on visa refusal. What does the GCMS notes mean? How come nothing has started? Does this mean it will take a long time to get a passport request? I am so confused!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Aero123 said:
I received GCMS notes today and it says eligibility:not started,security:not started, criminality:not started,medical:passed.
My file has been tfred to NY office. They have requested FBI cert and clarification from me on visa refusal. What does the GCMS notes mean? How come nothing has started? Does this mean it will take a long time to get a passport request? I am so confused!
GCMS notes is notes generated by CIC's system where applicants all information is being entered for processing. Everything is entered in that system. For now they haven't started processing your application yet. It says Medical: Passed, so I think you went for upfront medical. It wont take much time once they start processing your application. You will directly receive RPRF request once they start processing your application but only if you found eligible. Then comes PPR which wont be long enough from RPRF request. May be you might receive both together.

Aero123

Apr 8, 2014
Goku said:
GCMS notes is notes generated by CIC's system where applicants all information is being entered for processing. Everything is entered in that system. For now they haven't started processing your application yet. It says Medical: Passed, so I think you went for upfront medical. It wont take much time once they start processing your application. You will directly receive RPRF request once they start processing your application but only if you found eligible. Then comes PPR which wont be long enough from RPRF request. May be you might receive both together.
I already paid RPRF when I did my medicals in April 2014.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pretty sure you didnt do an upfront medical......so you would have had medical request sent to you sometime after applying. They have started security checks on you and require additional info which they have asked you for. Once that is done the will send the relevant requests, such as passport request IF they are satisfied with your security check. So for now its just a waiting game for you. Only time can tell.

Aero123 said:

three star

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Request
yes
Passport Req..
yes
Alright....as i am about to complete my first month in canada having landed end of May all alone....i think its time to update this lovely forum. Good things first-- grabbed a cool IT job for 80k in my first interview. First couple of weeks busy settling and getting necessary local documents and later got hospitalized for 2 days in toronto due to high fever and fukked up 600$, hope i will get back from my insurance company in india!!. And trust me doctors in india are much better and here in canada doctors are just after money and nothing else. So every body landing here get your medical insurance without fail. But one thing what i have learnt is instead of getting insurance from india, better take it in canada right after landing for 90 day period as its always better to have local insurance as claiming and getting money back is much easy if you take from a local insurance company.Did some reading for 4 days and applied on indeed website and job is all done in 4 days.

Coming to jobs, IT jobs are very easy to grab here, and call center jobs are also easy. However i see other professions specially the regulated ones i would recommend do good analysis and have proper network to grab the job as they are little time taking to grab and they may take 3 to 4 months to get a good job. Toronto is good market for IT jobs specially , and i heard in vancouver its very difficult even to get a part time job....may be because its summer now so all students grab the part time jobs or may be because we indians are mostly doctors or engineers which makes us look over qualified for part time jobs...so people prefer local students.

Its a beautiful country, provided we talk to people and we are certain to win here if we are confident.There will be times which makes us feel low but its all worth it as it teaches how to fight back in life and trust me as the days keep going this country looks so lovely with the people here and of course the beautiful girls and night life is really cool.

To conclude dont get greedy when you think about taking health insurance for first 90 days, take it without fail.And secondly be very confident when landing here as we will fight all alone in the initial days and people are very helpful here provided we talk.

Good luck to you all and god bless!! waiting to see our forum hitting 5000 pages soon!!

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
three star said:
Alright....as i am about to complete my first month in canada having landed end of May all alone....i think its time to update this lovely forum. Good things first-- grabbed a cool IT job for 80k in my first interview. First couple of weeks busy settling and getting necessary local documents and later got hospitalized for 2 days in toronto due to high fever and fukked up 600$, hope i will get back from my insurance company in india!!. And trust me doctors in india are much better and here in canada doctors are just after money and nothing else. So every body landing here get your medical insurance without fail. But one thing what i have learnt is instead of getting insurance from india, better take it in canada right after landing for 90 day period as its always better to have local insurance as claiming and getting money back is much easy if you take from a local insurance company.Did some reading for 4 days and applied on indeed website and job is all done in 4 days.

Coming to jobs, IT jobs are very easy to grab here, and call center jobs are also easy. However i see other professions specially the regulated ones i would recommend do good analysis and have proper network to grab the job as they are little time taking to grab and they may take 3 to 4 months to get a good job. Toronto is good market for IT jobs specially , and i heard in vancouver its very difficult even to get a part time job....may be because its summer now so all students grab the part time jobs or may be because we indians are mostly doctors or engineers which makes us look over qualified for part time jobs...so people prefer local students.

Its a beautiful country, provided we talk to people and we are certain to win here if we are confident.There will be times which makes us feel low but its all worth it as it teaches how to fight back in life and trust me as the days keep going this country looks so lovely with the people here and of course the beautiful girls and night life is really cool.

To conclude dont get greedy when you think about taking health insurance for first 90 days, take it without fail.And secondly be very confident when landing here as we will fight all alone in the initial days and people are very helpful here provided we talk.

Good luck to you all and god bless!! waiting to see our forum hitting 5000 pages soon!!

Wow all the best mate.
+1 for you
God Bless