+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Cansufferer

Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I have one small query, I have more than 5 years of experience in primary NOC and more than 9 years experience in skill level A category.

Do I get max 15 points or CIC will consider only primary NOC and award 13 points?

Please help me as I find 2 point short in case I get points only for my primary NOC.

Thanks

valpyan

Jun 14, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-May-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
File Transfer...
12-Sept-2013
Med's Request
17-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
22-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
17-Feb-2014
catalyst said:
Hi Guys,

Can you share best experience of ur Medicals in DELHI, as which one was the fastest to upload Ur Medicals files and which one is better Clinic in contest of comfortable in Medical, any other factor.

My wife is 7+ month pregnant, also need urgent advise on this. Please suggest.
You can go to Sadhu Vaswani Mission medical centre in Shanti Niketan. They are quite professional and good and upload medicals within 2-3 business days. All the best!!

digitalsphere

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
03-01-2014 (Results uploaded: 08-01-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2013 (RPRF DD cashed on 28-01-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 28-04-2014, PP and COPR received - 09-05-2014
LANDED..........
Pray so...
amanpreet77 said:
Hi dear all forum members,
e-case service down for me from last 2 hours. anyone face same problem ?
I am able to access....

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgarhia said:
No LUSULLY ur wrong
ask experts. the points will be awarded for total number of years worked in any NOC.
rakeshtk said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-experience.asp

Given above the CIC link for the work experience related points...

Copy pasted below few line from the website...

(Maximum 15 points)
You can get points for the number of years you have spent in full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time).

If the description and list of main duties match what you did at your last job(s), you can count this experience for points.
Use this chart to find the number of points based on your number of years of experience.

Please see in the above sentence they mentioned "jobs"

This means the experience can be in any wide range of A, B and O level NOCs same as Aimer Le Canada said and that is really wide range...... It is not particular we have to work entire years in the same NOC for whats we applying to get points....

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=661&t=6) Once you open this link it covers almost all occupation in the different levels.....

Where it is mentioning they will award points only if we work in the same occupation for what we applying? Please show the proof by sending the link... Actually if your suggestion is right then it would be a learning for me also thats why I asked....No offense meant....
digitalsphere said:
rakeshtk,

You actually answered your own question....and yes it is indeed about sharing the correct information....

In the page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-experience.asp the topic starts with:

Finding your NOC category

"If the description and list of main duties MATCH what you did at your last job(s), you can count this experience for points."

The word job(s) here implies multiple job(s) in your NOC and NOT multiple job(s) in multiple (different) NOCs

Picking just one word out of a sentence without context is meaningless. Please read the whole sentence (if need be more than once) and you will see that what you are suggesting is incorrect.
digitalsphere said:
if that satisfies your ego..... :)

I did not make any assumptions...I simply stated what was indeed mentioned on the CIC website. Just that I read it correctly unlike you.

and I did provide the CORRECT suggestion and saved many friends out here from your misguidance.

Thanks to slowokan for providing the necessary evidence.
digitalsphere said:
I agree rakeshtk, everyone is clear by now who is the EGOTIST here ;)

May be it is time that you get your facts straight before you blurt out any more incorrect advice. People rely on us to provide them with accurate information.
Faizzz said:
Gentlemen, suggest we wait for some one who has gcms notes to respond. If what digital is saying is untrue many would unnecessarily miss an opportunity to apply thinking they don't have eligible points.so better we get the absolute facts.
slowokan said:
I knew as experience points were counted for all years of work, whatever we've done, not only the job from occupation list. But the truth is they count only the job, you've done within that occupation list. I realized this when I got the GCMS notes. If I hadn't taken any points from my Canadian brother, I wouldn't have been eligible to be accepted to the program. I didn't know this. Actually, I knew this but as I read other member's comments on this last year, I was expecting to get full points from my work experience. But it didn't come true.
Cansufferer said:
Dear Friends,

I have one small query, I have more than 5 years of experience in primary NOC and more than 9 years experience in skill level A category.

Do I get max 15 points or CIC will consider only primary NOC and award 13 points?

Please help me as I find 2 point short in case I get points only for my primary NOC.

Thanks
Dear,

This was a heated debate yesterday and many arguments happened between us.... Till few hours back I believed they allocate points on the basis only for one NOC because Mr. slowokan said he got gcms note where they given points only for one NOC.... Today I got enough time to go through the OP 6D manual.... Where it is clearly stating if you work in any other NOCs in Skill Type O, A and B they will allocate you points based on the criteria they given in the manual.... So in your case you will get points for all the years.... I dont know what happened in the case of Mr. slowokan... I think the reason why he didnt get the points is may be because his occupation may not be there in O, A or B skill levels....It would be better if slowokan can explain it...

To be eligible for points, the applicant's work experience must:

 have occurred during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application;

 be in occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) under Skill Type
0 or Skill Level A and B;

 not be in an occupation that has been designated by the Minister as a restricted
occupation. At the time of printing, there were no occupations designated as restricted.
However, for the most up-to-date listing, officers should refer to the Department's website
at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp;

 be full-time work, which, according to R80(7), is equivalent to at least 37.5 hours of paid
work per week. Full-time work experience requirement may be met by the equivalent in
part-time paid work experience, e.g. more than one part-time job held simultaneously or
one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of one year of full-time work.
Experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time work, i.e. 37.5
hours per week in one job or a total of at least 37.5 hours per week in more than one job,
in one or more of the NOC categories.
Periods of work of less than 12 months during the
10 years immediately preceding the date of the application may be added together and
divided by 12 to calculate the number of years

Officers must:
 consider only those occupations which the applicant has specified and for which the
applicant has provided the four-digit NOC code on their application form (R80(6));

So now, that is the reason why in the schedule 3 form under "Your Experience" they asking for all the NOC categories that we worked in the previous years.... Hope everybody is clear about it now....

PS:- digitalsphere - Hope you got corrected now..... Kindly dont underestimate anyone here after....

Mankaran

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Doc's Request.
04-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-03-2017
Hello Guys!

Here after some gap.. NDVO seems to be on fire to close up this year's quota & is already getting ready for next year.

I am surprised CIC has planned to open up 25k apps this time with a minimum cap of 1000 for individual NOC. That's a great news!!

Congos to all who got DM and All the best to the ones in the waiting stage!!

Please feel free to PM me if any of you guys need any help / answers...:D ;D

Regards,
Mankaran

rajvir0707

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 5th 2013
IELTS Request
sent along
rakeshtk said:
Dear,

This was a heated debate yesterday and many arguments happened between us.... Till few hours back I believed they allocate points on the basis only for one NOC because Mr. slowokan said he got gcms note where they given points only for one NOC.... Today I got enough time to go through the OP 6D manual.... Where it is clearly stating if you work in any other NOCs in Skill Type O, A and B they will allocate you points based on the criteria they given in the manual.... So in your case you will get points for all the 15 years.... I dont know what happened in the case of Mr. slowokan... I think the reason why he didnt get the points is may be because his occupation may not be there in O, A or B skill levels....

To be eligible for points, the applicant's work experience must:

 have occurred during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application;

 be in occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) under Skill Type
0 or Skill Level A and B;

 not be in an occupation that has been designated by the Minister as a restricted
occupation. At the time of printing, there were no occupations designated as restricted.
However, for the most up-to-date listing, officers should refer to the Department's website
at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp;

 be full-time work, which, according to R80(7), is equivalent to at least 37.5 hours of paid
work per week. Full-time work experience requirement may be met by the equivalent in
part-time paid work experience, e.g. more than one part-time job held simultaneously or
one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of one year of full-time work.
Experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time work, i.e. 37.5
hours per week in one job or a total of at least 37.5 hours per week in more than one job,
in one or more of the NOC categories. Periods of work of less than 12 months during the
10 years immediately preceding the date of the application may be added together and
divided by 12 to calculate the number of years

Officers must:
 consider only those occupations which the applicant has specified and for which the
applicant has provided the four-digit NOC code on their application form (R80(6));

So now, that is the reason why in the schedule 3 form under "Your Experience" they asking for all the NOC categories that we worked in the previous years.... Hope everybody is clear about it now....

PS:- digitalsphere - Hope you got corrected now..... Kindly dont underestimate anyone here after....
I agree with rakesh on this the only thng u need is provide all d docs of ur wrk exp in any O A B skill level to get points and it shuld b in lst 10 years as rakesh alrdy mntnd

LHR-2147

Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Dear 2013 applicants

Congratulations on your visa applications. I applied in August 2013 but the cap filled before then. I am applying again and was wondering what the current processing time is for London office? The official stats say 27 months but I notice from your spreadsheet that many are on medicals/visa already. Thank you and good luck.

slowokan

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw (Ankara chosen on the form)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 16, 2014
AOR Received.
October 15, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
October 2, 2013
Med's Request
April 16, 2014
Med's Done....
April 21, 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 8, 2014
LANDED..........
April 9, 2015
My primary NOC was Mechanical Engineering, 2132. And my degree is mechanical engineer. I put 2132 as the primary NOC on the form.

My profession has been engine officer (working as an engineer on merchant ships) for the last 5 years. I am doing engineering. But since there is a total different NOC for engine officers, they didn't count my experience on shipping, I guess. They counted just my work experience onshore, when I worked at a metal fabrication job, designing, producing and quality controlling of steel parts, exact mechanical engineering.

By the way, I collected letters from all my employers (including shipping companies), telling my work hours and duties. Only my current employer's letter did not contain any info about my duties and work hours. I didn't get any points from my shipping related work experience, even though I had detailed letters from my 2 shipping related employers.

digitalsphere

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pray so...
rajvir0707 said:
I agree with rakesh on this the only thng u need is provide all d docs of ur wrk exp in any O A B skill level to get points and it shuld b in lst 10 years as rakesh alrdy mntnd
rakeshtk, rajvir0707

I cannot stress enough again and again how important it is to share correct and accurate information in the interest of all our friends here. It is not about satisfying our egos.

I humbly appeal to you to read and re-read and understand what is specified.

Kindly refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-experience.asp and please read and understand each line in correlation to one another. It is important to read in context.

Here is an excerpt for your reference:

After one has chosen a NOC for the application:

"If the description and list of main duties match what you did at your last job(s), you can count this experience for points. Use this chart to find the number of points based on your number of years of experience."

In Schedule 3, point 12 - "Your Work Experience:"

a) Identify, from the list below, the primary occupation and the corresponding four digit 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) code that will be used to assess whether your application meets the minimum program requirements to be eligible for processing."

One can fill in as many work experiences as required in the immediately preceding 10 years pertaining to any NOC code, however only the primary NOC will be considered to assess the application.

Thanks

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
slowokan said:
My primary NOC was Mechanical Engineering, 2132. And my degree is mechanical engineer. I put 2132 as the primary NOC on the form.

My profession has been engine officer (working as an engineer on merchant ships) for the last 5 years. I am doing engineering. But since there is a total different NOC for engine officers, they didn't count my experience on shipping, I guess. They counted just my work experience onshore, when I worked at a metal fabrication job, designing, producing and quality controlling of steel parts, exact mechanical engineering.

By the way, I collected letters from all my employers (including shipping companies), telling my work hours and duties. Only my current employer's letter did not contain any info about my duties and work hours. I didn't get any points from my shipping related work experience, even though I had detailed letters from my 2 shipping related employers.
Just to make it Simple, Dear Friend you have already received MR, So you have nothing to worry (100% your points are met the min. requirement) about Points Any More ;) ;)

You balance items to Qualify are: MR report, Security, Criminality.

All the best for your Visa soon...

rajvir0707

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 5th 2013
IELTS Request
sent along
digitalsphere said:
rakeshtk, rajvir0707

I cannot stress enough again and again how important it is to share correct and accurate information in the interest of all our friends here. It is not about satisfying our egos.

I humbly appeal to you to read and re-read and interpret correctly what is specified.

Kindly refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-experience.asp and please read and understand each line in correlation to one another. It is important to read in context.

Here is an excerpt for your reference:

After one has chosen a NOC for the application:

"If the description and list of main duties match what you did at your last job(s), you can count this experience for points. Use this chart to find the number of points based on your number of years of experience."

In Schedule 3, point 12 - "Your Work Experience:"

a) Identify, from the list below, the primary occupation and the corresponding four digit 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) code that will be used to assess whether your application meets the minimum program requirements to be eligible for processing."

One can fill in as many work experiences as required in the immediately preceding 10 years pertaining to any NOC code, however only the primary NOC will be considered to assess the application.

Thanks
In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011.

digitalsphere

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pray so...
rajvir0707 said:
In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011.
I will try my best to help you understand friend.

For example, the list of eligible occupations for FSW 2013 contained only a subset of NOCs from NOC 2011. One would not get points for work experience that pertained to a NOC in NOC 2011 if it was not part of the subset of NOCs eligible for FSW 2013.

To clarify further, let us say I have job experience in NOC 2173 (though it is part of NOC 2011, it is not part of FSW 2013). I can show this experience, however since I applied against NOC 2174, I will not receive points for experiences that belong to NOC 2173.

Thanks

slowokan

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw (Ankara chosen on the form)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 16, 2014
AOR Received.
October 15, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
October 2, 2013
Med's Request
April 16, 2014
Med's Done....
April 21, 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 8, 2014
LANDED..........
April 9, 2015
goalcanada said:
Just to make it Simple, Dear Friend you have already received MR, So you have nothing to worry (100% your points are met the min. requirement) about Points Any More ;) ;)

You balance items to Qualify are: MR report, Security, Criminality.

All the best for your Visa soon...
Yes, you are right. I am a little relieved now...;)

I just gave that info for the other guys, asking.

catalyst

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2013[b][color=green]<br/>WES Doc.......:5-5-13[b][color=aqua]<br/>PER...............:29-07-13[b][color=blue]<br/>AOR..............:5-9-13[b][color=darkpurple]
IELTS Request
10-05-13<br/>FSWP2010NDVO: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNybiwrlKwXBGteBb0zpdCw&authkey=CNqatbgL#gi[b][color=purple]
Thanks valpyan,

Sadhu Vaswani Mission medical centre in Shanti Niketan is very near to my home also. Would prefer to go there now.

valpyan said:
You can go to Sadhu Vaswani Mission medical centre in Shanti Niketan. They are quite professional and good and upload medicals within 2-3 business days. All the best!!