+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Raman85DEEP

Feb 27, 2014
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

[flash=200,200]http://Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D[/flash]
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

[flash=200,200]http://An Example[/flash]
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
from Seniors

conetocanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th July 2013
File Transfer...
6th November 2013
Med's Request
1 February 2014
Med's Done....
4 February 2014
Passport Req..
1 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
1 May 2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2014
rinash said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]its DM guys!!! Just checked it !! :p[/size][/size]
All the best dear!!! Hope NDVO regains its own rhythm.

gilmerfamily

Mar 10, 2014
Raman85DEEP said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

[flash=200,200]http://Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D[/flash]
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

[flash=200,200]http://An Example[/flash]
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
from Seniors
Thanks for this article Raman85DEEP! It's informative specially for those who don't know BF'D. :)

Raman85DEEP

Feb 27, 2014
gilmerfamily said:
Thanks for this article Raman85DEEP! It's informative specially for those who don't know BF'D. :)
Welcome Gilmerfamily,

Actually it will work as meditation who are loosing their faith and awaiting from long time by sacrificing everything of their life.

Regards,
Ramandeep

devkis

Jun 4, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>NOC Code......: 2132<br>App. Filed.......: 05-Jun-2013<br>Fees Charged.: 20-Aug-2013<br>PER Received..: 29-Aug-2013<br>AOR Received.: 24-Oct--2013<br>Proc. Started...: 24-Feb-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-Mar-2014<br>Passport Req..: 19-Mar-2014<br>Med's Done.....: 04-Apr-2014<br>PP Sent to VO..: 08-Apr-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 16-Apr-2014<br>Med's Recvd....: 19-Apr-2014<br>DM on ECAS....: 24-May-2014<br>PP Rcvd. Back.: 31-May-2014
rinash said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]its DM guys!!! Just checked it !! :p[/size][/size]
Congrats rinash :) All the best for the next step.

(glbl ss updated)

rinash

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Raman85DEEP said:
Hi Rinash,

I have sent my passport through speed post not vfs. could you please advice me it will delay my case or will be normal? I had sent it on 18th March and reached Canada High Commission on 20th March.

Please throw light on my query...............
Ramandeep, as far as i guess it will not delay your DM!!! Dont loose hope.......we have are close to our destination!!! best of luck!!!

edvrfn

Dec 4, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
Days from mediacal request 93
Days from Medicals done 89
Days from Medicals received update 82
Days from PP request 84
Days From PP received 77
Days from RPRF encashed 64
Days waiting for DM & PP back Like forever
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

nikjuneja

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013 CC Charged...: 1-Aug-2013 PER Received...: 12-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013 ECAS update...: 23-Feb-2014 (processing started on 21-Feb-2014)..
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014 PPT rcvd by NDVO: 04-03-2014 ECAS update : 09-03-2014(Medicals rcvd) DD encashed: 12-Mar-2014 Decision Made: 30-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Collected passports from VFS on 3-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
[color=green][b] 17th July 2014
rinash said:
Ramandeep, as far as i guess it will not delay your DM!!! Dont loose hope.......we have are close to our destination!!! best of luck!!!
Congrats Rinash... finally a drop of DM rain felt on 2013 applicant..
hope all of us get wet with DM and MR rain soon..

BHFSW2013 bro.... your MR is just about to come...

chdblr11

Aug 22, 2013
Hi...

Still no updates on ECAS.
Just confirmed with hospital (Fortis). they uploaded the medicals on 17th.
Usually, I see the medical line gets added in a day or 2 after medicals but I suppose its not the case for everyone.

Anyone else who did the medical in Fortis BAngalroe and still waiting for the update.

MY RPRF DD is encashed

cu82

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Health/Travel Insurance: Need advise ,from which Insurance company (India) should we take health insurance (for 3 months-Ontario).Have inquired from couple of companies,there are also asking to return date.As ,in case of PR there is no return date....................

Raman85DEEP

Feb 27, 2014
Hi friends,

I had been contemplating to write this for quite sometime. There are many of us who are over-enthusiastically positive & similarly many, who think poorly of the Canadian job market. And there are quite a few of us who are thinking to go or not to, given the enormous waiting time on this immigration process, by which time we already get well settled in our homeland. But, are we?

Buddies, in regard to our job scenario (FSW w/out AEO) in Canada, if we plan as per below, we'll sail thru satisfactorily. It's not whether we think good or bad abt it, it's more abt our understanding of the Job Process for a New Immigrant & how we address it, take precautions & manage our settlement well, now that we are positively thinking of moving. Our jobs in Canada, post landing, shall come under 3 stages:

Stage-1. 'Survival Jobs':
The moment we land [whatever city we chose], we must catch-on any opportunity that may arrive. At this stage, we must importantly keep our Ego at home. The idea is to safeguard the 'landing funds' and plan our regular expenses on any vocation based earnings. At this stage, it'll be potent to be frugile. Cut costs at all angles & get our daily meals thru whatever job that we can take. This is the most important phase of our newcomer life in Canada. If we can plan it well, we'll avoid the 'josh story', else depression shall set-in. In this phase, I might be a IT proff, an Engr, a Doctor, whatever, or of any age bracket... I'd do well to take a job as a FedEx Helper, DtoD Salesman, MacDonald Teamer, Night Watchman, Office Boy etc.
!-Stage Criteria: Whatever our homeland profession be, take any job to start earning.
!-Remember: Till now No one knows us & No one is bothered abt us.
!-Job Search: No further search, till we get settled in this present vocation.
!-Timeframe: 0-3 months.

Stage-2. 'Tertiary Jobs':
Now we are fairy aware of the city & the Canadian concepts. This is the time to foray into our 2nd job. Start seraching, but remember that it'll not be an actual 'job hunting' yet. In this phase, due to our awarness, we might land into an Ok job, which'll be better than the survival stage. But we are still not into our choice occupation. Again it should be taken as a challenge & pursue a job that will increase our earnings from the previous one. We may not yet be satisfied with what we are doing, but shall start some savings hereon. That'll get reflected in our bank a/cs. We are actually now building our credit history, an important thing that'll hold us in good stead later. Some of the Tertiary Jobs can be Office Assistant, Hypermarket Cashier/Teller, Warehouse Assistant, Industrial Labour Controller, Store Keeper, Security Officer/Supervisor, Courier Deliveryman etc. All of these being higher paid than minimum wages.
!-Stage Criteria: Try & get a better paid job than the previous. Any field. Complete all PR documentation.
!-Remember: We are still in our nascent stage. No one yet cares abt us.
!-Job Search: Yes, keep looking. Classifieds, Online, HR Agents, Networking, Prospective Employer visits etc.
!-Timeframe: 3-6 months.

Stage-3. 'Intermediate Jobs':
By now we have smartenned up. We are no more a novice. We have developed our links. Bank position is OK. Probably, the 'landing funds' is still not fiully depleted. Our networking & friend circle has started paying. Thus, hereon we shall, most likely, get our 'first satisfactory job'. Something in our related field. No, not yet what we actually have been doing in our homeland, but in the same department. The idea is to land a job within our specialty field. Eg. if I'm a IT professional, I'll get a job in the IT dept. of a company, as a first-level operator or a team leader (if I'm lucky). If I'm an Engr. I'll be landing the job of a technician in the engineering dept of a company. If I'm an Accountant, I'll catch hold of a Asst. Bookkeeper's task, or a financial data entry operator, or a departmental assistant. The combinations can be many. The requirement is, now start building your career. Opportunities shall commence.
!-Stage Criteria: Land a job in your related field. The designation be anything, be much lower -but must be taken.
!-Remember: Ppl will start knowing us in our field & thus professional growth is imminent.
!-Job Search: Full-fledged 'job hunting'. This hunting now is in our choice occupation.
!-Timeframe: 6-12 months.

Friends, hereafter we will most likely, be in our selected field of work. And we'll be aware of the job market within our profession. Hereon, we'll know what to look for & where to look for. Thus, can apply for jobs smartly & keep growing satisfactorily. It is expected that after a yr at Canada, we should be able to establish ourselves nicely. Be professionally motivated and quite possibly grow well into our Canadian settlement process.

Job hunting, obviously will continue until we are self-satisfied. But man... we have arrived... & arrived well ! In a couple of yrs we'll be sailing in our Original Position, that we left in our homeland. And remember, we'd be still earning better than before, even if the routine costs are higher in Canada. Our margins will be much higher too. Unless we really goof-up, in 2-3 yrs time we'll be calling the shots.

A thing to remember is that, since our 2nd stage, we should start developing our skills, by way of gaining qualifications/certifications to enhance our selected profession. As most occupations like IT, Accounts, Engineering etc. will not get us a job of that field, unless we have a Canadian Recognized Certificate. The only exception is of Doctors, who might face tremendous difficulty due to the 4 yrs. requirement of Canadian Medical studies.

The above 3 phases is also important to gain a Canadian Experience. Something we cannot do without if we want to succeed in our professions. The previous jobs can be anything, but when we try to apply for a job in our field the employers will always ask/look for a Canadian Experience. They wouldn't bother what we did, but will want an "employer's reference". This is to see our employability & people management skills. And we can't blame them as well, 'coz they need to doubly ensure that who they are employing is of 'good standing', as they have no clue of our occupations/designations in our homeland. It reminds me to advice, to do good in those previous Canadian jobs. 'Coz, we'll need those employer's references, whether in writing (best to take) or telephonically by the next employer.

Plz note that in some cases the 1st & 2nd stages may be interlinked. Some may get promoted within the 1st stage itself & thus avoid/require a seperate 2nd stage. While there are also many situations/actual cases where some PRs have settled-down well in their Tertiary Occupations itself. There is this case of an Electrical Engineer, who carried-on with his Warehouse Supervisor's job and settled down as businessman of 'Custom Bonded Warehouses' forever. There are scores of other examples.

I hope the foregoing shall lead to a proper understanding of our job-worth, vis-a-vis our aspirations in Canada. And help us to get hold of ourselves in a timeframe wise & market scenario wise assimilation of what, when and how to settle ourselves in this new found homeland. [I have deliberately avoided the Credit History & House Building scenarios, 'coz this post is directed to job market only].

Thanks & all the best to everyone !

(Member: Canadian Society of Industrial Security)
From Seniors

Raman85DEEP

Feb 27, 2014
Do U Need 'Temporary Health Insurance'
while Arriving in Canada?

Yes, you better !
I'm sure most would be aware by now that upon 'landing'...
1. We are not immediately covered under the Canadian Healthcare.
2. Most provinces* have a waiting period -of 3 months, before we are 'eligible' for the Medicare.
3. During this 3 months if we have a medical emergency -God save us !

*Except Alberta & Manitoba, as per my knowledge.

Why do we require one?
The Canadian health system is one of the best in the world, No doubts on that. But it is very expensive too*, if you are not covered under the Provincial Health Plan! Doctors in Canada charge hefty visitation fees; and if it's an emergency medical treatment, the costs simply shoot through the ceiling. Hospital care in Canada can cost your thousands of dollars on a daily basis and if you are unfortunate enough to meet with an accident or have other health issues -your Canadian dream could be a nightmare, before it dawns.

*Canada's health expenses rival the United States -as the most expensive in the world.
• Simple doctor visits cost .......... approximately $150
• Ambulance ............................ approximately $250
• Critical hospital stay cost ......... around ......... $3,500 per night
• Air ambulance ....................... around .......... $20,000
• etc...

Sure, we might argue that we are perfectly fine -healthwise, have been medically found fit for the immigrations process, haven't we? But what if we fall sick, or have an unexpected medical ailment, or need surgery, or meet with an accident... can we take that risk? 'Coz, if that happens -our 'landing funds' might just last a week to the max, sometimes might not either. And then, if not due to the sickness, the medical expenses itself could make us [financially] crippling.

So, where lies the answer?
To ensure personal safety, the answer lies is obtaining a "Temporary Health Insurance". Which could be taken in either of the ways:
A. Pre-landing, from our homeland,
B. Post-landing, asap upon arrival in Canada.

A. Pre-Landing insurance : "Travel Insurance"
A Travel Health Insurance will provide an excellent safeguard against the extremely prohibitively costs of medical treatment in Canada. Which usually is very affordable and costs as little as $2 a day. There are many variants of the same in the market, while it'd be wise to obtain it from a reputed 'international agency', rather taking it from the cheapest 'fly-by night' insurance provider. The criteria being -it should have a presence 'in Canada', a No. to call in emergency & be able to get immediate advise/s. Some of such Travel Insurance Providers are:
1. AXA* :
http://www.axa-gulf.com
2. IMG:
http://www.imglobal.com/insurance_plans.cfm?imgac=21263&frames=0&app_method=1&CFID=324496&CFTOKEN=4049b2fee42bf8df-A3F1550C-1F29-DFD5-1244E7E6281C111E
3. ICICI Lombard:
4. Travel Guard Chartis :
http://www.travelguard.com/travelinsurance/travelmedical.asp
5. Allianz-Mondial :
http://www.mondial-assistance.ca/

*I have obtained that. Details given separately, below.

CONDITIONS:
1. As this type of insurance is basically for holiday/business travel, thus we need to have a valid 'return air ticket' to obtain these. One way ticket would not qualify.
2. They cover everything -medicines to hospitalization, consultancy fees, Lab tests etc. you name it.
3. The hospitalization costs [including OPD later] would be paid directly by the insurer. But non-hospitalization ones need to claimed at the home country [not in Canada]*.
4. They are available [usually] for a maximum of 3 months. We should also take it for not less than 3 months [later the OHIP kicks-in].

*We can fill-up the Claim Form/s, attach the bills & send it back to a relative or friend to submit it to the Insurer. The claims are usually processed in 3-7 days max. S/he can collect it as well. If you obtain it thru an Insurance Broker [ideal choice] -they'll do all the needful.

MY ADVISE:
This type of insurance is actually better. Also Cheaper than the post-landing one. And we stand 'covered' from the port of embarkation itself. Besides, this insurance incorporates many other things like lost/delayed baggage, loss of passport, loss of monies, return of mortal remains etc. [details in the eg, below]. Secondly, it might do us good to obtain the highest cover -the top most plan of any insurer... usually the one with $1Million.

B. Post-Landing Insurance : The "Visitor's to Canada" Plan
Generally, the coverage you need [post-landing] is the "visitors to Canada" Insurance Plans. A good news again is that this type of medical insurance is quite affordable as well. For example, a good individual coverage can be purchased for a 40 year old for $3-$5 per day, and an entire family can be covered for under $15 per day.

Medical Insurance is highly recommended for all foreign visitors to Canada, including new immigrants, says CLHIA (Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association). They recommend the following insurance companies:
1. Blue Cross - Tele: 1-800-873-2583
https://www.useblue.com/assurance-voyage/trouver-produit/liste-protections/visiteurs-canada1/visiteurs-canada-immigrants.en.html
2. ETFS - Tele: 1- 800-267-8834
http://www.etfsinc.com/product/individual/visitors.html
3. TIC - Tele: 1-800-387-4770
http://www.travelinsurance.ca/plans/visitorsGeneral.php
4. Canadian Banks*

*Many Canadian Banks also provide the said services to newcomers. For example, RBC.
http://www.rbcinsurance.com/travel/visitors-canada-plans.html

CONDITIONS:
1. Some insurance companies have rules and deadlines for buying these post-landing insurances.
2. For example, with some companies you will have to buy insurance within a 7 days of arriving in Canada. While some allow you till 30 days.
3. Beyond 30 days there is hardly any Canadian insurance company which would sell this product.

MY ADVISE:
As a thumb rule, we 'must' obtain this type of insurance immediately upon arrival in Canada. Maybe the very next day itself. One never knows when fate or destiny may hit us hard, do we?

What Coverage do we Expect from Temp. Health Insurance?
-Complete medical treatment*
-Family Physician's Fees,
-Drugs or Medicines while hospitalized and a 'set limit' -if not hospitalized,
-Hospital Confinement -for Standard and sometimes semi-private rooms,
-Medical Services: Services of a legally licensed MD or Surgeon, Anesthetist, Registered Nurse,
-Lab tests, x-ray exams, other diagnostic tests,
-Licensed local air, land or sea ambulance
-Rental of hospital type bed, crutches, trusses, braces, splints or other approved prosthetic appliances, 

-Emergency OPD (Out Patient) services
-Return of Deceased Body to Insureds' residence, or cost of cremation or burial at place of death
-Accidental Dental -set limits on costs of damage from accidental blow to the face
-Air Flight Accident (usually an option)
-24 hour Accidental Death or Dismemberment (usually an option)

*Some plans will though render Emergency basis only to cover sudden, unexpected, and unforeseeable circumstances [usually the lower premium ones].

A recommended Plan from the Gulf
From the Gulf, AXA offers a well rounded plan, which has a better value for money, Premium vis-a-vis Coverage. It offers 2 plans for Worldwide coverage:
1. Travel Smart: Highest coverage -higher premium.
The best travel insurance product in the market to cover you with any medical and travel inconvinence for the complete peace of mind.
2. Travel Family : Good coverage -lower premium.
Comprehensive worldwide Family Cover under one single premium for insured person, spouse and unlimited number of children.

The Cover at a glance: ............................ Travel Smart (USD)...... Travel Family (USD)
-Emergency Medical.................................. 1,000,000..................... 60,000
-Emergency Dental ................................... 400 ............................ 1,000
-Emergency Transportation ........................ Unlimited .................... 60,000
-Repatriation of other insured person ........... Unlimited .................... 5,000
-Repatriation of mortal remains .................. Unlimited .................... X
-Premature return (death of close relative) ... Economy ticket ............ X
-Visit of close relative ............................... Economy ticket ............ X
-Cost of first aid & rescue .......................... 20,000 ........................ X
-Personal liability ..................................... 1,000,000 ................... 100,000
-Legal assistance & cause of redress ........... 4,000 .......................... X
-Advance of Bail Bond (Refundable)............. 10,000 ........................ X
-Cancellation of Curtailment ...................... 5,000 .......................... X
-Delayed departure after12 hours ............... up to 500 .................... up to 500
-Delayed baggage .................................... 250 ............................ X
-Personal baggage & money ...................... 5,000 .......................... 2,000
-Loss of passport ..................................... 500 ............................ 350
-Personal accident ................................... 27,500 ........................ 27,500
-Terrorism extension (optional) ................. 100,000 ....................... X

Conclusion
Hospitals in Canada can charge thousands of dollars on overnight stays. Besides a plethora of expenses to be incurred if we unfortunately fall sick in between the gestation period of Provincial Health coverage. There is therefore little point in risking traveling to Canada without first getting a Canadian Travel Health Insurance Plan. The premiums are not overbearing, but the consequences can.

REFERENCES:
1. Canadian Healthcare Overview: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37039.0.html
2. Settlement.org Advice: http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=HEALTHINS_NOOHIP&faq_id=4001251
3. US Govt. Travel Advice: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1470.html
4. Travel Ins. Quotes: http://www.travelinsurancequotes.ca/visitors-to-canada.html
5. Hepatitis-B Costs: http://www.pulsus.com/cddw2003/abs/abs170.htm

Hope that was of some use...

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
iktheone said:
Hi rganesh lets send an email and CSE as perseverence mentioned below and don't forget to mention urgent in the subject.
Yes, lets send a CSE... !! and Lets keep each other posted via PM.

iktheone

Oct 7, 2013
Chennai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
PP Req, RPRF - 08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 06-03-2014, PP Return: 08-05-2014, Visa issued: 05-05-2014
LANDED..........
Travelling on 03-06-2014
chdblr11 said:
Hi...

Still no updates on ECAS.
Just confirmed with hospital (Fortis). they uploaded the medicals on 17th.
Usually, I see the medical line gets added in a day or 2 after medicals but I suppose its not the case for everyone.

Anyone else who did the medical in Fortis BAngalroe and still waiting for the update.

MY RPRF DD is encashed
Hi chdblr11 it will take 7-8 days to get 3rd line.

cu82

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Raman85DEEP said:
Do U Need 'Temporary Health Insurance'
while Arriving in Canada?

Yes, you better !
I'm sure most would be aware by now that upon 'landing'...
1. We are not immediately covered under the Canadian Healthcare.
2. Most provinces* have a waiting period -of 3 months, before we are 'eligible' for the Medicare.
3. During this 3 months if we have a medical emergency -God save us !

*Except Alberta & Manitoba, as per my knowledge.

Why do we require one?
The Canadian health system is one of the best in the world, No doubts on that. But it is very expensive too*, if you are not covered under the Provincial Health Plan! Doctors in Canada charge hefty visitation fees; and if it's an emergency medical treatment, the costs simply shoot through the ceiling. Hospital care in Canada can cost your thousands of dollars on a daily basis and if you are unfortunate enough to meet with an accident or have other health issues -your Canadian dream could be a nightmare, before it dawns.

*Canada's health expenses rival the United States -as the most expensive in the world.
• Simple doctor visits cost .......... approximately $150
• Ambulance ............................ approximately $250
• Critical hospital stay cost ......... around ......... $3,500 per night
• Air ambulance ....................... around .......... $20,000
• etc...

Sure, we might argue that we are perfectly fine -healthwise, have been medically found fit for the immigrations process, haven't we? But what if we fall sick, or have an unexpected medical ailment, or need surgery, or meet with an accident... can we take that risk? 'Coz, if that happens -our 'landing funds' might just last a week to the max, sometimes might not either. And then, if not due to the sickness, the medical expenses itself could make us [financially] crippling.

So, where lies the answer?
To ensure personal safety, the answer lies is obtaining a "Temporary Health Insurance". Which could be taken in either of the ways:
A. Pre-landing, from our homeland,
B. Post-landing, asap upon arrival in Canada.

A. Pre-Landing insurance : "Travel Insurance"
A Travel Health Insurance will provide an excellent safeguard against the extremely prohibitively costs of medical treatment in Canada. Which usually is very affordable and costs as little as $2 a day. There are many variants of the same in the market, while it'd be wise to obtain it from a reputed 'international agency', rather taking it from the cheapest 'fly-by night' insurance provider. The criteria being -it should have a presence 'in Canada', a No. to call in emergency & be able to get immediate advise/s. Some of such Travel Insurance Providers are:
1. AXA* :
http://www.axa-gulf.com
2. IMG:
http://www.imglobal.com/insurance_plans.cfm?imgac=21263&frames=0&app_method=1&CFID=324496&CFTOKEN=4049b2fee42bf8df-A3F1550C-1F29-DFD5-1244E7E6281C111E
3. ICICI Lombard:
4. Travel Guard Chartis :
http://www.travelguard.com/travelinsurance/travelmedical.asp
5. Allianz-Mondial :
http://www.mondial-assistance.ca/

*I have obtained that. Details given separately, below.

CONDITIONS:
1. As this type of insurance is basically for holiday/business travel, thus we need to have a valid 'return air ticket' to obtain these. One way ticket would not qualify.
2. They cover everything -medicines to hospitalization, consultancy fees, Lab tests etc. you name it.
3. The hospitalization costs [including OPD later] would be paid directly by the insurer. But non-hospitalization ones need to claimed at the home country [not in Canada]*.
4. They are available [usually] for a maximum of 3 months. We should also take it for not less than 3 months [later the OHIP kicks-in].

*We can fill-up the Claim Form/s, attach the bills & send it back to a relative or friend to submit it to the Insurer. The claims are usually processed in 3-7 days max. S/he can collect it as well. If you obtain it thru an Insurance Broker [ideal choice] -they'll do all the needful.

MY ADVISE:
This type of insurance is actually better. Also Cheaper than the post-landing one. And we stand 'covered' from the port of embarkation itself. Besides, this insurance incorporates many other things like lost/delayed baggage, loss of passport, loss of monies, return of mortal remains etc. [details in the eg, below]. Secondly, it might do us good to obtain the highest cover -the top most plan of any insurer... usually the one with $1Million.

B. Post-Landing Insurance : The "Visitor's to Canada" Plan
Generally, the coverage you need [post-landing] is the "visitors to Canada" Insurance Plans. A good news again is that this type of medical insurance is quite affordable as well. For example, a good individual coverage can be purchased for a 40 year old for $3-$5 per day, and an entire family can be covered for under $15 per day.

Medical Insurance is highly recommended for all foreign visitors to Canada, including new immigrants, says CLHIA (Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association). They recommend the following insurance companies:
1. Blue Cross - Tele: 1-800-873-2583
https://www.useblue.com/assurance-voyage/trouver-produit/liste-protections/visiteurs-canada1/visiteurs-canada-immigrants.en.html
2. ETFS - Tele: 1- 800-267-8834
http://www.etfsinc.com/product/individual/visitors.html
3. TIC - Tele: 1-800-387-4770
http://www.travelinsurance.ca/plans/visitorsGeneral.php
4. Canadian Banks*

*Many Canadian Banks also provide the said services to newcomers. For example, RBC.
http://www.rbcinsurance.com/travel/visitors-canada-plans.html

CONDITIONS:
1. Some insurance companies have rules and deadlines for buying these post-landing insurances.
2. For example, with some companies you will have to buy insurance within a 7 days of arriving in Canada. While some allow you till 30 days.
3. Beyond 30 days there is hardly any Canadian insurance company which would sell this product.

MY ADVISE:
As a thumb rule, we 'must' obtain this type of insurance immediately upon arrival in Canada. Maybe the very next day itself. One never knows when fate or destiny may hit us hard, do we?

What Coverage do we Expect from Temp. Health Insurance?
-Complete medical treatment*
-Family Physician's Fees,
-Drugs or Medicines while hospitalized and a 'set limit' -if not hospitalized,
-Hospital Confinement -for Standard and sometimes semi-private rooms,
-Medical Services: Services of a legally licensed MD or Surgeon, Anesthetist, Registered Nurse,
-Lab tests, x-ray exams, other diagnostic tests,
-Licensed local air, land or sea ambulance
-Rental of hospital type bed, crutches, trusses, braces, splints or other approved prosthetic appliances, 

-Emergency OPD (Out Patient) services
-Return of Deceased Body to Insureds' residence, or cost of cremation or burial at place of death
-Accidental Dental -set limits on costs of damage from accidental blow to the face
-Air Flight Accident (usually an option)
-24 hour Accidental Death or Dismemberment (usually an option)

*Some plans will though render Emergency basis only to cover sudden, unexpected, and unforeseeable circumstances [usually the lower premium ones].

A recommended Plan from the Gulf
From the Gulf, AXA offers a well rounded plan, which has a better value for money, Premium vis-a-vis Coverage. It offers 2 plans for Worldwide coverage:
1. Travel Smart: Highest coverage -higher premium.
The best travel insurance product in the market to cover you with any medical and travel inconvinence for the complete peace of mind.
2. Travel Family : Good coverage -lower premium.
Comprehensive worldwide Family Cover under one single premium for insured person, spouse and unlimited number of children.

The Cover at a glance: ............................ Travel Smart (USD)...... Travel Family (USD)
-Emergency Medical.................................. 1,000,000..................... 60,000
-Emergency Dental ................................... 400 ............................ 1,000
-Emergency Transportation ........................ Unlimited .................... 60,000
-Repatriation of other insured person ........... Unlimited .................... 5,000
-Repatriation of mortal remains .................. Unlimited .................... X
-Premature return (death of close relative) ... Economy ticket ............ X
-Visit of close relative ............................... Economy ticket ............ X
-Cost of first aid & rescue .......................... 20,000 ........................ X
-Personal liability ..................................... 1,000,000 ................... 100,000
-Legal assistance & cause of redress ........... 4,000 .......................... X
-Advance of Bail Bond (Refundable)............. 10,000 ........................ X
-Cancellation of Curtailment ...................... 5,000 .......................... X
-Delayed departure after12 hours ............... up to 500 .................... up to 500
-Delayed baggage .................................... 250 ............................ X
-Personal baggage & money ...................... 5,000 .......................... 2,000
-Loss of passport ..................................... 500 ............................ 350
-Personal accident ................................... 27,500 ........................ 27,500
-Terrorism extension (optional) ................. 100,000 ....................... X

Conclusion
Hospitals in Canada can charge thousands of dollars on overnight stays. Besides a plethora of expenses to be incurred if we unfortunately fall sick in between the gestation period of Provincial Health coverage. There is therefore little point in risking traveling to Canada without first getting a Canadian Travel Health Insurance Plan. The premiums are not overbearing, but the consequences can.

REFERENCES:
1. Canadian Healthcare Overview: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37039.0.html
2. Settlement.org Advice: http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?k=HEALTHINS_NOOHIP&faq_id=4001251
3. US Govt. Travel Advice: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1470.html
4. Travel Ins. Quotes: http://www.travelinsurancequotes.ca/visitors-to-canada.html
5. Hepatitis-B Costs: http://www.pulsus.com/cddw2003/abs/abs170.htm

Hope that was of some use...
Thanks for sharing the same ,but as mentioned by you

CONDITIONS:
1. As this type of insurance is basically for holiday/business travel, thus we need to have a valid 'return air ticket' to obtain these. One way ticket would not qualify

so, in case of PR ,there is no return date & no return ticket?? what return date should we give???