+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanonye said:
Hello guys, just 10 minutes ago, I got a knock on my door. On opening the door, I saw this white male. With a bright smile, he said his name was "Mr PER" from Sydney Nova Scotia...! Said he brought me a New Year's gift from The Immigration Minister. I gladly accepted his gift and then he said goodbye, see you in Edmonton AB.

Thank you Jesus for my PER. Accra VO, its over to you.

Admin, please update.
Congrats nanonye.... :)

irfanyusuf

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2013
AOR Received.
PER: July 25, 13
File Transfer...
2nd line to ECAS. Process started June 18th
Med's Done....
Sept 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2014
Thanks Nkalra for sharing, though it’s a relief that only principal applicant is asked for the interview otherwise it would be a huge cost and a complete project to be handled. Yes you are right the visa officer want to see Burj Khalifa, it seems really awkward not to choose the local embassy for convenience of people. Are you planning to put up interview venue change request ?

nkalra said:
So far 5 MR's (Jigzy, me, soundless, NM, Zeetheboss yesterday itself. Think all are from Pakistan, except me (India) falls under LVO.
They have requested only the principal applicant to appear for interview.

I feel our Visa officer who is coming from UK, want to see Burj Khalifa that's the reason he has schedule the interview for such a big mass of people in UAE. :p

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
jigzyy said:
I don't know if I can ask them or not, they should have selected Islamabad by default, as they have already done that in the past. But for some reason, they are scheduling for Abu Dhabi this time. I don't it's security or credibility of the embassy or what. I guess there's no harm in asking? What do you say? The only way they will reschedule the date / time & venue will be on very very solid grounds, else they'll consider it not available and will make decision on available documents.

LVO applicants who got Interviews for Abu Dhabi from Pakistan (earlier this month), please PM me.
Jigzyy and other LVO friends having Interview call,

I know that your anxiety and discomfort can be realized by only them who has got interview call instead of MR.
But i would say, just consider it a part of this process and nothing more. I mean you already know that you have already provided all documents and done nothing wrong in it. So be positive. Pray to god to calm your mind down and get strength to face LVO guys.

We all are strong and have lot of patience and passion for Canada so we are here in this forum and applied in for this program. So just meditate on what should be your next steps to organize documents and plan your travel. Plan a relax trip so your family can enjoy before they go through the interview. And I am sure that your good work will perform when you need it most.

Wish you and other LVO friends best of luck. Go and win my friends.

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
irfanyusuf said:
Thanks Nkalra for sharing, though it's a relief that only principal applicant is asked for the interview otherwise it would be a huge cost and a complete project to be handled. Yes you are right the visa officer want to see Burj Khalifa, it seems really awkward not to choose the local embassy for convenience of people. Are you planning to put up interview venue change request ?
I can understand Irfan.
In my case I am located in Dubai.
Stay Blessed.

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NEO_2263 said:
Guys , i received mail from bank in toronto where my dd was issued , they said it has not been encashed till 20.01.2014 - i m dec 2 applicant NOC 2263

As i have seen in forum that 11 dec DD is cashed , it means. I out of race now??

Any other dec applicant got dd encashed??
Don't loss your hope neo.....The encashing time depends on the processing time of the bank from where you have taken the DD as well...

manonquest

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Gujarat - India
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=blue][b]NDVO[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=blue][b]2132[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=blue][b]07-06-2013[/b][/color] PER Received: [color=blue][b]27-08-2013
AOR Received.
[color=blue][b]24-10-2013[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=blue][b]Submitted with File[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=blue][b]05-12-2013[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]19-12-2013[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=blue][b]NDVO has waived it[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=blue][b]05-12-2013[/b][/color] Passport Sent on: [color=blue][b]23-12-2013[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=red][b]02-FEB-2014 DM[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=red][b]APRIL 2014[/b][/color]
All You Need to Know About Landing.
---------------------------------------------

WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

BTW: All the officers are extremely friendly, very understanding, cheerful and helpful. We'll encounter 'Welcome to Canada' many a times. If all the docs are pre-printed & available with us; and there is not much of a queue, we will be out of the a/port in 40mins-1hr. flat. Which includes the walk-distance, baggage collection etc.

FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING':
Even if you stay ONLY for a day at Canada, you will need the following:

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]
10. If you are Driving your Car. -read below

NOTE: The more you are organized before hand, the better 1st impression you deliver and the IO/CBSA officer shall be happier. (BTW: smooth & fast processing). U'll be out faster. Go to your accom & relax for the day, you had a long journey, haven't you?

SHORT STAY ACCOMMODATION:
For sure you must arrange a 'short-stay' accommodation prior to your landing. The necessity of which cannot be overemphasized more. If you have friends/relatives, they can be approached for the same, if you do not have anyone, the following is recommended:

Toronto:
1) http://www.safehomestay.com/
2) http://www.staystudio6.com/
*Both provide a/port pick-up services. The places are used by many satisfactorily.

Calgary:
Not much such places are available. However, this ad by a service-provider caught my eye...
"Furnished rooms with high speed internet are available for newcomers & immigrants. Close to all aminities. Pick up & drop off services also available. Call Girish # 403-255-8582 [or email: taradale @ live.ca] for more info".
Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/shared-accomodation-in-calgary-ne-t31430.0.html

Vancouver:
a) http://www.budgetpathotel.bc.ca/
b) http://www.ywcahotel.com/

Some other important sites on Vancouver are:
1) http://www.welcomebc.ca
2) http://www.rentbc.com

NOTE: Except for ppl with enough $$$ to spend, avoid Hotels & Motels. They are far costlier. Also, if you must take a hotel, avoid the ones close to the A/port -for obvious reasons.

HOUSE RENTAL:
The best way to do house hunting [long-term accom.] is to land at Canada & then start searching. Word of mouth & Bulletin Boards are a great ‘real-time' source. However, we cannot condone the importance of the web. Some of the good sites [there are many] could be:
a) http://www.hometrader.ca (Good site)
b) http://www.capreit.com (Property Management Services)
c) http://www.kjiji.ca/ (Good Classifieds site)
d) http://www.mls.ca (Mother of all)

MONEY: PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:
What Proofs Are Acceptable?
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (for eg, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for eg, B/drafts, Cheques, TCs or MOs).
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How Much Funds Can I Carry?
There is no Max limit... we can take Millions, if we can prove its legitimate source & declare anything at/or more than $10,000 [that's the CBSA regulation]. There is a Minimum limit though... we must carry at least or more than what CIC requirement states, vis-a-vis for the no. of pax in the family [accompanying].

Tax & Duties Component:
The funds we bring inside Canada are Non-Taxable. It is only the 'interest' earned on that which is taxed. The moment our funds start accruing interest [while lying in a Canadian Bank a/c] the bank will start deducting tax 'on source'. The same applies for any 'investment' in Canada that we make with these funds.

BANKING:
Though most international banks operate in Canada, the 3 main Canadian Banks are presumably the best, in terms of their presence, availability & location of ATM machines, branches etc.:
1) Scotiabank,
2) TD Bank, &
3) CIBC

Besides, you can also pre-open a Canadian Bank a/c from your home country [not all, Dubai, India etc.] thru Scotiabank, SBI & *ICICI Bank. I have posted details about it earlier here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html

*ICICI Bank offers one of the cheapest a/c charges. But unfortunately, both ICICI & SBI have very limited presence in Canada.

AIRLINE RECOMMENDATIONS:
Usually BA & KLM change places frequently for their "lowest fares" to Canada. More often it'd be BA [especially from the UK, Dubai, Europe & the Gulf sector]. U can also ask your travel agent to select between multiple carriers to provide multiple-halt choices. But, from the UK actually that might not be required. Check BA today, it'll do the trick... Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto : AED 3,860/pp return.

However, personal choise prevails. Sometimes other carriers place envious promotions too. Emirates has recently commenced the A380 [Dreamliner] service. And all their flights are 'long-haul' -Non Stop."

COURTESY:- QUARAX, a senior forum member.

Nov 27, 2013
Hii everyone, i applied 3142 as physiotherapist. Application received date 4th November but I didnt gt anything from cic. When I sent my application then noc 3142 was 208 in list, and cap reached on 28 November. Can I think that I ll fall in cap. Even my dd is not encashed last week I knew from my bank… wt can I do now.. please suggest me. ?.. thanx

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
jigzyy said:
It's in Abu Dhabi, UAE and I live in Pakistan :-\. It was scheduled on January 26th, and than changed to February 26 for obvious reasons. Received Email. No ECAS update.

Now I have to arrange for UAE visa & tickets & stuff just for the interview.
Jigzzy bro,

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Best of luck, I am sure you can do it.

three star

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Request
yes
Passport Req..
yes
NDVO ..................few more MR's today plzzzzz ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

bachucanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2013 Fee Charged...:21/08/2013 PER Received..:29/08/2013
AOR Received.
24/10/2013
Med's Done....
27/06/2014 Decision Made:18/12/2014
Passport Req..
19/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2014
Dear NDVO,

Please send my MR..

Nik_0309

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Doc's Request.
PER : 09-09-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
21-01-2014
Med's Done....
06-02-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
bachucanada said:
Dear NDVO,

Please send my MR..
hey..nice to see u back..

so after sending d documents as requested by ndvo, is there ny change in ur ecas ??

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Prince of darkness, can you ask your brother to write an email ab the interview and you can share this with all of us.....
This would be a great help. Thanks

prince_of_darkness said:
Thats why i wrote,
Carry the IMMIGRATION PHOTOGRAPHS, the specification can be found, its important.
carry all the forms the ones which u had sent earlier. ( all updated)
POF, and PCCS updated.
make sure to carry your degree certificates, and work experiences in Original.
and also updated Relatives documents,( they had asked this during my brothers interview).
Btw: My brother had a safe landing on 16th January 2014 as an Immigrant. Alhamdullilah in Vancouver.
Its a 15-20 mins Interview. so be prepared. Know the organisation u have worked in.
But this 15-20 mins can make or break.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
ashif_eee said:
Take it easy jigzyy..Just treat it as a holiday trip....have a nice time there...good news is that u have an update/activity with ur file by VO.

After that surely u gonna get good news very soon inshallah. :D

Principal Applicant and the spouse (Husband and wife both) have to go for interview ?????

munirask

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already sent
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
5-09-2013
IELTS Request
already sent
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-14
LANDED..........
3rd April 2014
Dr jaspreet kaur said:
Hii everyone, i applied 3142 as physiotherapist. Application received date 4th November but I didnt gt anything from cic. When I sent my application then noc 3142 was 208 in list, and cap reached on 28 November. Can I think that I ll fall in cap. Even my dd is not encashed last week I knew from my bank... wt can I do now.. please suggest me. ?.. thanx
Only a Few August applicants are within the CAP. Everyone after August is surely out. Sorry to break the news to u.

rakeshtk

Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr jaspreet kaur said:
Hii everyone, i applied 3142 as physiotherapist. Application received date 4th November but I didnt gt anything from cic. When I sent my application then noc 3142 was 208 in list, and cap reached on 28 November. Can I think that I ll fall in cap. Even my dd is not encashed last week I knew from my bank... wt can I do now.. please suggest me. ?.. thanx
Sorry Dr..... Last applicant reported PER in the forum under the NOC 3142 is on August... You applied so late... Will get your application back soon...