+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

cancalling

Aug 21, 2013
Toronto,Canada
AP_LOVELIFE said:
2174 Applicant - Application Received 3rd June 2013 in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Sent email to CIC on 27th August. Most likely will receive email next Tuesday (24th September) on application status.

Considering updates from forum members there is a high chance the application will be sent back due to CAP being full. I hope this is not the case...

However, please see other options below...

1. Apply in 2014 for FSWP

2. Fly over and stay in Canada for 6 months - As a British Citizen I do not require a visa to travel
Look for a job in 6 months with possibility of attaining an LMO / Work permit

OR

As a qualified Yoga Instructor - Is it possible to go to Canada for 6 months and become self-employed Yoga Instructor?

3. Apply as a student and study for 1 year Masters / Attain 1 year work permit. Then apply for Canadian Experience Class and try get PR.

Please provide you suggestions and comments to the above options as I REALLY want to move to Canada. :D

May all humans be happy
May all humans be healthy
May all humans enjoy prosperity
May no humans suffer
A quick question... Why you are thinking of moving to Canada ? The reason why I asked this question is because you mentioned that you are a British Citizen

Maria_Sal

Feb 5, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER Received: 07-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
13-Jan-2014, Uploaded 16-Jan, ECAS 3rd line 'Medicals received' 20-Jan
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:14-July-2014, PPR2:28-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received passports with visa on 14-Aug-2014 :)
LANDED..........
inshaAllah in Jan-2015
arjola said:
HELLO, I SEND THE APPLICATION TODAY FOR NOC 2147, FINGER CROSSED
I wish u all the luck for ur application. 2147 is very near to its cap....all july applicants also keeping their fingers crossed....

melkouk

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
AP_LOVELIFE: Also try getting a work sponsor. You will have to apply to jobs, using the job boards like monster, workopolis (very popular in Canada) etc and apply the same way you do in the UK. But this is quite hard, as your skills need to be rare and highly looked for, in order to be successful in getting the offer. But its worth a shot, you never know.

AP_LOVELIFE said:
2174 Applicant - Application Received 3rd June 2013 in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Sent email to CIC on 27th August. Most likely will receive email next Tuesday (24th September) on application status.

Considering updates from forum members there is a high chance the application will be sent back due to CAP being full. I hope this is not the case...

However, please see other options below...

1. Apply in 2014 for FSWP

2. Fly over and stay in Canada for 6 months - As a British Citizen I do not require a visa to travel
Look for a job in 6 months with possibility of attaining an LMO / Work permit

OR

As a qualified Yoga Instructor - Is it possible to go to Canada for 6 months and become self-employed Yoga Instructor?

3. Apply as a student and study for 1 year Masters / Attain 1 year work permit. Then apply for Canadian Experience Class and try get PR.

Please provide you suggestions and comments to the above options as I REALLY want to move to Canada. :D

May all humans be happy
May all humans be healthy
May all humans enjoy prosperity
May no humans suffer

AARDEE

Jul 15, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
16-09-2104
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014 3rd Line Updated: 16-12-2014
arjola said:
Hello guys, is it to late for me to apply under 2147? I have all te documentation ready, what do you think?

Thank you
Give it a try, who knows you could be in...

AP_LOVELIFE

Sep 5, 2013
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melkouk - Thanks for suggestion. Getting a job from the UK is sooo hard! It's easier to just be in Canada and network / apply when you're there! Thanks again!

melkouk said:
AP_LOVELIFE: Also try getting a work sponsor. You will have to apply to jobs, using the job boards like monster, workopolis (very popular in Canada) etc and apply the same way you do in the UK. But this is quite hard, as your skills need to be rare and highly looked for, in order to be successful in getting the offer. But its worth a shot, you never know.

AARDEE

Jul 15, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
16-09-2104
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
Cardsman said:
Hi Everyone (specially from NOC 2174),

Can someone tell me that how long ago was the cap reached for NOC 2174 category as published by CIC on a weekly basis. My application was received on 2nd of July 2013 and I have not yet received any word on it. The CIO have not responded on my repeated emails as well till date.

Thanks
My application reached on the same day(2nd of July) and I also applied under 2174. I'm in the same boat buddy.
I'm hoping that we'll here from them in a week or so... just guessing based on average 8-10 weeks timeframe....nerve wracking ??? ??? ???

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
JohnnyZee said:
I just realised that the content is protected. The bit of bad news is below:

PAFSO President Tim Edwards said in a statement Monday that the government’s appeal has brought the parties “no closer to a settlement,” and is simply wasting more time. According to a spokesperson for the Federal Court of Appeal, the appeal process could take anywhere from weeks months to unfold, depending on how long both parties take to submit their files.

Following the government’s filing of affidavits Monday, the union will have 30 days to file any supporting affidavits and documentary exhibits. After that, both parties can request a cross examination within 20 days if they wish. Following the completion of the optional cross examination, the government will have 20 days to file their memorandum and then within another 20 days, the union will file theirs.

AARDEE

Jul 15, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
16-09-2104
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
arjola said:
HELLO, I SEND THE APPLICATION TODAY FOR NOC 2147, FINGER CROSSED
All the Best Arjola ;)

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
AARDEE said:
My application reached on the same day(2nd of July) and I also applied under 2174. I'm in the same boat buddy.
I'm hoping that we'll here from them in a week or so... just guessing based on average 8-10 weeks timeframe....nerve wracking ??? ??? ???
sorry dear but,
As NOC 2174 reached CAP in last week of may you will get your application return with all docs. CIC is working on june last week applications now a days so they may work on july first week in next two week and than 15-20 days for courier time. you may get app back in next 30-40 days

melkouk

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
You can put your CV/details on job boards and on Linked In, and maybe an employer may take some notice. Its doesnt hurt to try. But looking at the options you've listed, the easiest is to go as a student. I am thinking about this as well but will wait till 2014 to see if IT is on the list. I am not sure if Canadian masters degree is 1 or 2 years (2 years are American for sure). You can work 20 hours a week if youre a student, so you can earn something in the mean time. Its also best to get an immigrant Lawyer to do the paper work, I spoke to one here in London, few years back, at a immigration fair, they said the paper work is quite straight forward and after a year, you can apply for PR (I think after 3 years of PR, then you can apply for passport, or could be 5 years or PR not sure) They can help you apply for PR as well after one years of being a student. I can give you the lawyers name if you want to make inquiries, they seems quite friendly/professional when i spoke to them.

AP_LOVELIFE said:
melkouk - Thanks for suggestion. Getting a job from the UK is sooo hard! It's easier to just be in Canada and network / apply when you're there! Thanks again!

APSK

Jul 17, 2013
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC
AOR Received.
26-07-2019
Med's Request
27-08-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2019
+1 on sharing love for canada..!! :p

AP_LOVELIFE said:
I do not wish to live in UK any longer! I love Canada!

mdharis

Aug 29, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
Interview........
30-09-2014
mdzahid719 said:
I recently got married... if i want to add my spouse details as well in the application, please advice what are the forms that i have to fill... Should i fill all the forms again or only specific forms are required...

thanks
r u kidding me?