+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Ahab1974

Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Request
16-04-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
29-05-2014, Passports Submitted on 04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2014
civeng said:
Good morning all,

English natives correct me if I am wrong, but from the English knowledge I have, in the sentence: "The number of complete federal skilled worker applications received as of May 4, 2013 is an estimate.", "as of" has the meaning "starting/from", the date from which something is considered to take effect. So in simple words they say "We started counting complete applications on the 4th of May" but they DON'T mention the date UNTIL when they have counted. So they are NOT saying the count is only for 4th of May, but that they started counting on that day!

Also please treat particular subjects such as PCCs in India/BCs in India, other non related to ALL applicants here in DIFFERENT TOPICS !

And last and I hope I don't upset anyone, could you please stop asking especially admins "I sent the app on XXX. Do you think I stand a chance??". Admins and other people are not fortune tellers and NO ONE can predict what might happen with your application. Sent it already? Good, the destiny will decide what happens with it. Have all documents ready and question whether to send it or not? Send it!!you have only courier money to lose (else you have only lost the money for notarizing&translating and you didn't even take your chance with FSWP)... Please stop being childish and expect a miracle answer. Only time will tell what will happen to your application !!!

As for next steps in the process after cc/dd charge CHECK THE CIC website(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf)!! It has all the steps very well explained. I know you are happy for being charged, but others here are anxious/nervous and still wiating for news from CIC and we have to be considerate (careful not to hurt others) !

Let's have a great Wednesday everyone ! Jigzzy/Adrenalineforu/Idima I am counting on you guys to lighten up the mood!!!
Having some experience with legal contracts and terms, let me explain that "As Of" means on a particular date. For example, we can refer to LIBOR rate as of May 4, and that would mean LIBOR rate on May 4, and not since then.

CIC's language is clearly designed to ward off liability. They are using the words "May 4" and "estimate" to avoid being sued should anything go wrong with data disclosures at a later stage; better to give out pessimistic data than to give usable statistics. I bet a bunch of lawyers are reviewing everything they print and publish so that any liability may be avoided at a later stage.

amitind

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
You have yourself explained it that it from date in your example.

"population as of the 2010 Census was 287,208"

That means that the population at the time referred in the context is 287,208 starting from the reference point 2010 Census.

Please go through Wiki again, this is the correct meaning.

Adrenalineforu said:
@ Amit - 'As of' is a pivot point and the most recent date of a completing event/task. Usually "as of" is used only in cases where an article is intended to provide the most current information available, and will/might need updating in the future. The statement should make sense to a reader years into the future, even if the information has changed. Of course, the new rule started from May 4 but that doesn't means 'as of' means beginning BUT 'on this date'. Hence, 'on this date' or 'as of' is the most recent update date until a next date or rule is announced.

Example,
The population of Toledo as of the 2010 Census was 287,208" (where the 2010 census is the most recent available at the time of writing). The date used for a given statement should be the current date (for currently valid statements), or the date on which the data was obtained (for example, when using census figures).

I'm not a native English speaker but TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT has really helped building the language and logic over years.
(the example has been cited from WiKi)

amitind

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
Refer to:- http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/as
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/as%20of

As of = As from

Tamer Moussa

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks all for your cooperation and support, you helped my alot in completing my applications.

Please add my details to spreadsheet

NOC : 2145
Visa Office : London
IELTS bands : 6.5
Spouse IELTS :Yes
Relative in Canada : Yes
Job offer : No
Self Calculated Pnts: 77
Degree: Bachelor in Engineering
ECA Equivalence : Same
Job exp : 5+ Years
PCC sent: Yes
Fee Method: CC
App sent: 11/7/2013
App received: 16/7/2013
Signed by : DEXTER
Destination in Canada: CALGARY, AB

perseverence

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174<br>WES Assessment Filed..: 30-04-2013<br>WES Received......: 08-05-2013<br>DD Issued from..:HDFC Bank<br>Application Courier...:10-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 3:18pm<br>PER Received...: 24-07-2013<br>
AOR Received.
10-09-2013<br>Processing Started (ecas): 24-01-2014<br>
Med's Request
25-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
25-01-2014<br>Passport Sent.: 31-01-2014<br>Passport Recd.: 03-02-2014<br>RPRF Encashed: 08-02-2014<br><b>Med's Recd..: 09-02-2014 <--</b>
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2014
LANDED..........
23-04-2014
This particular forum takes so many shapes that it's title needs to be changed constantly, always digressing from the main topic of FSW 2013 tracking and timelines.

For now, let's change it to "The Dictionary Meaning of word As Of" .. considering the number of posts on these two words :). Amazing!! Admins listening?? (And be ready to change it back tomorrow to something like - "Birth Certificate Guidelines in India" or "Fortune teller Experts" or "Credit Card Policies" or "Steps after CC Charges" .. so on and so forth ...)

Ahab1974

Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Request
16-04-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
29-05-2014, Passports Submitted on 04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2014
kkj said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a fix and hope if someone can help me out. I lost my Credit Card and left with no option but to block it in order to avoid any unauthorized misuse. My bank has refused to issue a new card having similar number and CVV. My app was received on May 24. I have read on this forum that previously (in 2010/11) CIC used to give 30 days time frame to resubmit the payment information. Not sure if they still do that as ‘Ojooluseguno' has mentioned that his app was returned due to failed charge attempts.

What are my options? Anyone?

@ JIGZYY: Boss kuch ho sakta hai...?
Immediately courier them a demand draft along with a cover note explaining the reasons. No one can give you a certain answer here, just possible ways to help your situation.

They are processing applications received on May 16th. So you have only a few days left to get the demand draft to them. Considering how long it takes for courier to reach Nova Scotia, you should get this done asap.

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
amitind said:
You have yourself explained it that it from date in your example.

"population as of the 2010 Census was 287,208"

That means that the population at the time referred in the context is 287,208 starting from the reference point 2010 Census.

Please go through Wiki again, this is the correct meaning.
It's talking about the census report as of 2010. 2010 is not a starting reference point but until that point. (census evaluation obviously started at an early date and report compiled in 2010)

Let's say CIC says, "As of 17-Jul-2013, 350 completed apps had been received." Does it mean starting 17-Jul-2013 or by 17-Jul-2013? Make note of the grammar and tense while answering.

Ahab has given a very good explanation.

ProjectGKaneda

Star Member
May 11, 2013
KKJ give your bank advance funds for the said transactions. Tell them to block all transactions except the one from CIC. Also tell them that you are fine with taking a risk of misuse. I am a banker and I know this is how it can be done. Talk to your local Branch Manger - if he says he cant help tell him you need to talk to his supervisor. if need be talk to customer care of the bank as well. Best of Luck.

Ahab1974 said:
Immediately courier them a demand draft along with a cover note explaining the reasons. No one can give you a certain answer here, just possible ways to help your situation.

They are processing applications received on May 16th. So you have only a few days left to get the demand draft to them. Considering how long it takes for courier to reach Nova Scotia, you should get this done asap.

ProjectGKaneda

Star Member
May 11, 2013
KKJ, give your bank advance funds for the said transactions. Tell them to block all transactions except the one from CIC. Also tell them that you are fine with taking a risk of misuse. I am a banker and I know this is how it can be done. Talk to your local Branch Manger - if he says he cant help tell him you need to talk to his supervisor. if need be talk to customer care of the bank as well. Best of Luck.

kkj said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a fix and hope if someone can help me out. I lost my Credit Card and left with no option but to block it in order to avoid any unauthorized misuse. My bank has refused to issue a new card having similar number and CVV. My app was received on May 24. I have read on this forum that previously (in 2010/11) CIC used to give 30 days time frame to resubmit the payment information. Not sure if they still do that as ‘Ojooluseguno' has mentioned that his app was returned due to failed charge attempts.

What are my options? Anyone?

@ JIGZYY: Boss kuch ho sakta hai...?

totem

Mar 7, 2013
Here are my details:

NOC : 2147
Visa Office : London
IELTS bands : 7.5
Spouse IELTS :Yes
Relative in Canada : No
Job offer : No
Self Calculated Pnts: 79
Degree: Masters in IT
ECA Equivalence : Same
Job exp : 9+
PCC sent: Yes
Fee Method: CC
App sent: 22/5/2013
App received: 24/5/2013
Signed by : n/a
Destination in Canada: Toronto

Cheers,

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahab1974 said:
Having some experience with legal contracts and terms, let me explain that "As Of" means on a particular date. For example, we can refer to LIBOR rate as of May 4, and that would mean LIBOR rate on May 4, and not since then.

CIC's language is clearly designed to ward off liability. They are using the words "May 4" and "estimate" to avoid being sued should anything go wrong with data disclosures at a later stage; better to give out pessimistic data than to give usable statistics. I bet a bunch of lawyers are reviewing everything they print and publish so that any liability may be avoided at a later stage.
Dude.. LIBOR , MIBOR, CD, CP , G sec all will show "As Of" since this is daily traded instruments so "As Of" means the previous day ( i hope u aint referring to ARSE OFF). CIC clearly says it will update once a week.... don't compare your Financial instruments with Cap Update.. this is like u translating word to word from English to Hindi/ Arabic/french ( which then will not make any sense)

husman

May 27, 2013
Jeddah
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 21-08-2013 PER Received 27-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-10-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014, RPRF Request 23-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014 Meds received 28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014, PCC request 23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
PCC, RPRF, MR Slips, PP sent 10 am 04-03-2014
LANDED..........
Landed on 31st Jan 2015 waiting for PRcard
[size=10pt][size=10pt]SOMEBODY PLEASE REPLY TO THIS[/size][/size]

I also have a query if God forbid due to unthinkable reasons suppose a CC does't get charged our application will directly be returned or we have a chance as we chose a representative who is located in Canada? Do we have a chance to rectify ourselves???

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Please help!!![/size][/size][/size]

sandy1985

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Per : 24-07-2013
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Med's Done....
09-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
not decided
perseverence said:
This particular forum takes so many shapes that it's title needs to be changed constantly, always digressing from the main topic of FSW 2013 tracking and timelines.

For now, let's change it to "The Dictionary Meaning of word As Of" .. considering the number of posts on these two words :). Amazing!! Admins listening?? (And be ready to change it back tomorrow to something like - "Birth Certificate Guidelines in India" or "Fortune teller Experts" or "Credit Card Policies" or "Steps after CC Charges" .. so on and so forth ...)
I agree with you.But there were lot of attempts to stop this but no success.
The reason people put all the queries here as this is one of the most active thread as of now and everyone get and expects a quick answer.
I am pretty sure as well if tomorrow you also face some doubts or issue you will also do the same thing (post here).
People tried to create new threads for different topics to avoid this but no traffic diverted.

And again the forum represents more then 35-40 % of Indian applicants so it's normal that more questions will be from this part of the world :)

kkj

May 25, 2013
ProjectGKaneda said:
KKJ, give your bank advance funds for the said transactions. Tell them to block all transactions except the one from CIC. Also tell them that you are fine with taking a risk of misuse. I am a banker and I know this is how it can be done. Talk to your local Branch Manger - if he says he cant help tell him you need to talk to his supervisor. if need be talk to customer care of the bank as well. Best of Luck.
Basically its my visa debit not a conventional credit card.....the bank said once a card is blocked, the new card cannot be issued with the old card # and CVV...

sandy1985

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Per : 24-07-2013
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Med's Done....
09-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
not decided
kkj said:
Basically its my visa debit not a conventional credit card.....the bank said once a card is blocked, the new card cannot be issued with the old card # and CVV...
I think Debit card was not the option for fee payment.Other guys can correct me if I am wrong.

While charging they will select credit card as mode of payment and this will show your card number invalid.
Any person with banking experience can shed more light on this.