+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
jigzyy said:
I believe they select on the basis of total marks obtained out of 100. So, even if the pass score is 60 & you score say 62, that doesn't mean you are going to be invited for visa. They will invite the ones with the top score, and then going down in the list up to limit. Say they have a limit of 10, and 2 got 95, 5 got 85 3 got 80. The limit is finished, but you will remain in the pool until 1 day, you are with in the limit.

This is how I understand it. If I am wrong, someone will correct my statement.
I think you have rightly mentioned but it means once you are in the pool, then every month you have the chance to get selected......? And once you get selected then process will take 12 months approx...

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Stranger Friendly said:
Thanks donutbox, seems a good thread. So the process is of 12 months, but they select applicants every month? Right?
I do not know how often they select applicants. By the way, these are the basic requirements for the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa (note, there are other visa subclass available also):

Basic requirements

There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this visa. You must:

be invited to apply
be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
have at least competent English
score at least 60 on the points test
meet the health and character requirements.

You need to make note of the Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications, refer to the "Allocation table"

The table "list lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers. You can use this information to determine when your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application will be allocated and to prepare your application for assessment. This information was last updated on 24 May 2013.

Effective 1 July 2012, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect the new priority processing arrangements.

As you can see, the current allocation time for the 189 Skilled – Independent visa subclass is "within 8 weeks of lodgement". Which (I think) is saying, your application will start to be processing within at least 8 weeks of submission (the time could be less than 8 weeks).

As I think I have gone off topic with these Australian posts, I suggest you head over to the other thread I indicated previously (there are persons there who have actual experience living/working in Aus.).

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balkanada said:
Tnx, do you have any idea if QSW is slower than FSW?
with the new system, QSW is slower than FSW ... QSW usually takes not less than 24+ months overall (Selection Phase+Federal), but it's still so much easier than FSW if you can speak french.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAYYY slower, After to pass QSW stage you are issued a CSQ, Once to get that you still have to apply for FSW, which may take about a year.( however the chances of refusal at this stage is far far less.

balkanada said:
Tnx, do you have any idea if QSW is slower than FSW?

i-Man

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 26-06-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2014
Stranger Friendly said:
I think you have rightly mentioned but it means once you are in the pool, then every month you have the chance to get selected......? And once you get selected then process will take 12 months approx...
yes they make selection every month till cap is reached, then gonna have to wait until year is complete for cap to reset. Take in mind you can stay in the pool for only 2 years.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
i-Man said:
yes they make selection every month till cap is reached, then gonna have to wait until year is complete for cap to reset. Take in mind you can stay in the pool for only 2 years.
And what are the Cap limits? i believe it should be diff in diff categories. Can you post a link for it, mentioning the caps?

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Pls check & correct if I have missed something

FSW1 Application Process Steps with estimated timelines :

--------------(1-2 Months, Based on the current scenario)-----
Step 1: Application completeness check
Step 2: DD or CC debit
Step 3: Acknowledgement PER or NER

--------------Additional 1-2 months--------------------------

Step 4: Transferring file to VO
Step 5: Background Check

--------------Additional 1-2 months -------------------------
Step 6: Medical
Step 7: Passport for Visa

TOTAL TIME TO GET THE PASSPORT STAMPED = 6 MONTHS :p

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Stranger Friendly said:

This happens in the Best Scenario Case. Most cases are Good Scenarios, and rest are worst case scenarios.

Out of 250 applicants [suppose], only 10% ~ 15% will be in Best Case Scenario, about 40%-50% would be in Good, and rest would be in Worst Case Scenario.

Good is about 1 year
Worst is 2 years.

HimadriM

Apr 28, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
11-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Sorry to miss out.My application was received by CIC on 17th May,2013 at 10.05 am.
Kindly update the same in the spreadsheet.
Thanks!!

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
But everyone who get acceptance, in this new process, is not under Best case Scenario??? :'(

[/quote]
jigzyy said:
This happens in the Best Scenario Case. Most cases are Good Scenarios, and rest are worst case scenarios.

Out of 250 applicants [suppose], only 10% ~ 15% will be in Best Case Scenario, about 40%-50% would be in Good, and rest would be in Worst Case Scenario.

Good is about 1 year
Worst is 2 years.
Stranger Friendly said:

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Stranger Friendly said:
But everyone who get acceptance, in this new process, is not under Best case Scenario??? :'(
At CIO, it'll always take minimum 2 months to maximum 4 months. When it comes down to Local VO, thats where the application timelines gets Fudged up. They may take around minimum 4 months to 24 months for Decision Made including Medical and Background Checks. It also depends on the Visa Office. For example London deals many countries and not just alone England and Scotland, so its a busy VO. Then New Delhi itself has a large number of applicants, so they have different timelines. Then there are other countries where Background checks usually takes very long.

I've heard [either on this forum or on CIC but can't remember] that they have limited the number of visa's / embassy too to control the global # of visas. So for VO's like London, New Delhi have to wait longer because once they exhaust their limit, they cannot issue more and have to wait for next year and in this case, it delays. Don't worry about the limit for now, AS FSW 2013 will have the highest Visa issuing quota as compared to pre-2013 applicants because we are currently in-demand as compared to previous applicants.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
humm you shared good info. Lets be optimistic, as per Mr. Kenny that new process will complete in a year.

jigzyy said:
At CIO, it'll always take minimum 2 months to maximum 4 months. When it comes down to Local VO, thats where the application timelines gets Fudged up. They may take around minimum 4 months to 24 months for Decision Made including Medical and Background Checks. It also depends on the Visa Office. For example London deals many countries and not just alone England and Scotland, so its a busy VO. Then New Delhi itself has a large number of applicants, so they have different timelines. Then there are other countries where Background checks usually takes very long.

I've heard [either on this forum or on CIC but can't remember] that they have limited the number of visa's / embassy too to control the global # of visas. So for VO's like London, New Delhi have to wait longer because once they exhaust their limit, they cannot issue more and have to wait for next year and in this case, it delays. Don't worry about the limit for now, AS FSW 2013 will have the highest Visa issuing quota as compared to pre-2013 applicants because we are currently in-demand as compared to previous applicants.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
jigzyy said:

You all might wanna check these 2 links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/economic.asp

http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&metaxsl=datacataloguerecord&formid=FD6F93ED-6249-42A4-AC30-5A1A7AA48389

These contain most of the information to predict what will happen at the VO's this year, regarding processing time, and quota for visas.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
oszi said:

http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&metaxsl=datacataloguerecord&formid=FD6F93ED-6249-42A4-AC30-5A1A7AA48389

These contain most of the information to predict what will happen at the VO's this year, regarding processing time, and quota for visas.

Good links. See, London & New Delhi has the highest FSW visa quota.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Thanks for the links.

oszi said: