+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Ahmed Reda

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
Dear Admin,

Please correct my ECAS status to be We have received your application for PR on July 29th, 2013 instead of 27 . Still not updated!

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may write resident/student (whatever) visa renewal under process, To will be date of earlier visa issued and From could be left blank. You will have to attach an explanation letter with this form and write clearly to support your case. It would be better to double check this with consultant.

As far as debit card is concerned, it won't work because normally you need to enter 4 digit PIN to authroize the payment for the merchant and you won't be present at CIO at the time of payment.

addy34 said:
Thank you, but what should i write in the generic application form under visa status tab? and also under To and From box?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Re: The Canadian PR process successfully ended after 5 months and 28 days !!

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

Finally I got back my passport with a shining Canadian PR Immigrant stamp for a single entry to day.

That is the end of my journey to get Canadian PR.

Good luck to the remaining members who are eagerly waiting for their Shiny Maple leaf stamp in their passport.
Many many congrats chinook

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
CPP-O dishing out PR's at a lightning speed

NDVO -- Common guys, show us some speed... !!!! ;)

ajaypal29

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-August-13
Med's Request
13-February-14
Med's Done....
1-mar-14
Passport Req..
21-apr-14
Hi,
My CC was charged on 31-Oct. App recd date was Aug7 and NOC 3142.
Thanks and all the best to all.
Heartfelt thanks to this forum who managed to convince me that agents are just a bunch of crooks!

Not sure what's next but am sure there are thread in the forum which will give me the right answers.

MLT3211

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013 (Received by D. Margetti)
Nomination.....
PER Received on 11-12-13
AOR Received.
18-01-2014
IELTS Request
Yes
File Transfer...
YES
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
sent on 22nd Feb., 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In the year 2014
Hi

I have a similar case, I had applied under NOC 3211 and I have an experience of 4+ years in the above NOC,

But presently I am working in a different NOC since last 2 year

I had mentioned both the occupations in my application, with Primary occupation as 3211. But I am afraid after reading the post of aami786pk, that he has also choose the primary NOC as per the listed NOC under FSW 2013 but his application was rejected as ineligible NOC code 0112 of other NOC under which he has experience

Is there any other person in the forum whose application was accepted / Rejected on the same ground

Waiting also the opinion of Experts in this

Thanks

aami786pk said:
i got this email on friday.
Please be advised that your application was returned with all attachments
on September 19, 2013. It was returned as ineligible NOC Code 0112 was
listed as the primary occupation. A letter of explanation was provided
along with the application package.
where as i did mention 2263 as my primary occupation and 0112 as my other experience.

uskp3142

Sep 6, 2013
ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajaypal29 said:
Hi,
My CC was charged on 31-Oct. App recd date was Aug7 and NOC 3142.
Thanks and all the best to all.
Heartfelt thanks to this forum who managed to convince me that agents are just a bunch of crooks!

Not sure what's next but am sure there are thread in the forum which will give me the right answers.
many congrates for cc charge.....u will receive PER in 2-3 days .....

iktheone

Oct 7, 2013
Chennai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
PP Req, RPRF - 08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 06-03-2014, PP Return: 08-05-2014, Visa issued: 05-05-2014
LANDED..........
Travelling on 03-06-2014

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

Finally I got back my passport with a shining Canadian PR Immigrant stamp for a single entry to day.

I had mailed my passport by Fedex on 16th Oct to CPPO which they received the very next day.
In the whole 6 months of visa processing, I had this nerve wrecking 2 weeks waiting time, since there is no way to know when I will get back the passport. I had seen from other forum that people had waited 3-6 weeks to get back their passport. And to make things worse, CIC says, they are not responsible if the document is lost!

I had enclosed a prepaid self addressed Canadian "Xpresspost?USA" envelope which had the tracking facility and signature requirement. I started monitoring Canadian Postal web site after 10 days of submission. The tracking got activated on 31st Oct evening and today on 2nd Nov I received the passport.
(My suggestion to all CPPO applicants who have already sent their passports .. Don't waste your time tracking the Canadian Postal web site multiple times in a day. As CPPO sends the packages to the local Post Office in the closing hours of evening, you may like to check their web site just once every day after 18:30Hrs Eastern time). I observed that applicants residing in Canada and sending their passports under other programs wait longer to get back their passports.

My medical report was uploaded on 26th Sep, and the the E mail for Passport Request came on 11th Oct. I am surprised to note that my single entry Immigrant PR Visa will expire on 11th Oct 2014. (Perhaps that is the day CPPO had approved my medical report.)

Along with the passport, they had sent me two copies of "Confirmation of PR", of which one copy bears my photo at the bottom and an additional information sheet.

The salient points given in the "Info Sheet" are enumerated below.

1. Sign the copies of CPR only at the time of landing when instructed by the IO at the port of entry.
2. New immigrants are not eligible for public health insurance for upto 3 months after arrival. Plan to buy private health care insurance till such time you get Govt aided care.
3. Medical surveillance code 1 valid up to 11th Oct 2014. (I do not know what this means)
4. You must inform CIC of any change in marital status and composition of family if it occurs after issue of visa and before landing. CIC will inform you what further procedures to be followed.
4. Landing cannot be made after the expiry of PR visa which becomes null and void. Under no circumstances the PR visa can be extended even by a day.
5. If you fail to make the landing before the visa expires, you will have to reapply for visa as per the existing laws and conditions and the fact a CPR was previously issued to you does not mean that subsequent application will be approved.
6. Any approved family member may accompany or follow the principal applicant, but cannot arrive in Canada before the principal applicant.
7. Any approved family member who does not join the principal applicant before the expiry of CPR, must reapply and be accepted again for immigration.

Good luck to the remaining members who are eagerly waiting for their Shiny Maple leaf stamp in their passport.
Hi Chinook, congrats buddy. Really happy to see people getting their PR's stamped. Hopefully all in the quota get their visa's. Could you kindly mention when u got ur PER?

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Pharmacist710 said:
Hello.
i came to know about this forum from my freind.
i want to ask my case. I have done B.pharm but from last 2 years I am working in medical lab as technician so can i apply under NOC 3212. pls reply I have my IELTS ready with band 6 in all.
Hi Pharmacist710,

Yes you can apply under 3212. But you have to have relevant experience as per NOC definition on CIC website. And your employer (HR manager or Supervisor) should give you a reference letter on company letterhead with all duties mentioned clearly which indicates that you have worked for 3212 category for at least 1 yr as full time employee. Take utmost care in reference letter. Do not copy paste your duties directly from CIC website. Wish you all d best.

three star

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Request
yes
Passport Req..
yes
for heavens sake plzz don't keep experience of multiple noc's as it creates unnecessary confusion and which may lead to high chances of rejection....so keep it sweet and simple.

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
casv said:
Receiving an Engineering License in Canada – the Process

Canada is looking for engineers of all kinds to help power its booming economy. These skilled workers, with expertise in a variety of disciplines, have knowledge that is vital to the operation of many public and private organizations.Engineers currently have a range of immigration options available to them, including the popular Federal Skilled Worker and Quebec Skilled Worker programs. Once in Canada, they can enjoy a welcoming labour market, high salaries, and an exceptional quality of life. However, an engineer cannot formally practice under the title Professional Engineer unless he/she has received the necessary licensing to do so by their chosen Canadian province or territory.

Engineering Regulations

Engineering is a regulated profession in Canada. Therefore, it is illegal to practice under the title of Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) without being properly licensed. However, an individual can work in the engineering field without a license provided he/she is supervised by a licensed engineer.
Regulation of engineering licenses is maintained by individual provinces and territories. One does not have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in order to apply for a license to work in Canada. Prospective immigrants should make sure to apply for licensing in the province where they intend to settle and work upon arrival to Canada.

A list of the provincial and territorial bodies that regulate engineering certification can be found at the bottom of this article.
Each association offers two kinds of memberships: Engineer-in-Training and Professional Engineer. An Engineer-in-Training membership indicates that all academic requirements for a Professional Engineer license have been required, and that the applicant is in the process of completing additional requirements. A Professional Engineer license indicates that all outstanding requirements for membership have been completed, and allows an individual to practice engineering in their field and to use the title P. Eng after their name.

Applying for Professional Engineer Certification

The process of receiving the Professional Engineer certification can take over a year. Application details, as well as specific document requirements, vary from province to province. However, all successful applications must satisfy requirements in the following five fields:
Academic Assessment;
Work Experience and References Assessment;
Language Competency Assessment;
Character Assessment ; and
Professional Practice Examination

Academic Assessment – All engineers must obtain a minimum level of education. This generally equates to at least a 4 year undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline or its equivalent. Holders of foreign academic credentials must have their credentials evaluated and given Canadian equivalency.

The provincial or territorial body to which an individual is applying may additionally require him/her to write examinations in any number of the following categories:

Basic studies examinations – testing ability in math, basic science, and engineering
Complementary studies examinations – testing knowledge of applied engineering
Discipline-specific examinations – testing knowledge in engineering science and design
Work Experience and References Assessment – A minimum of 4 years of work experience in an engineering discipline is required to receive licensing in Canada (except Quebec). This includes at least 1 year of supervised work experience in Canada.

It is important to note that it is not required to wait to submit an application until 1 year of Canadian experience has been obtained. Other memberships may be granted in the meantime, and additional steps like the Academic Assessment can be completed while the 1 year of Canadian work experience is in progress.

Language Competency Assessment – Engineers must demonstrate their ability to communicate in either English or French. Many prospective immigrants will already have documents that attest to their language abilities, as this is required by many immigration programs. However, they should check with their specific provincial engineering licensing body, as additional evidence may be required.
Character Assessment – A list of character references must be provided. These references must include Professional Engineers, at least one of whom is licensed to practice in Canada. All must be willing to attest to an applicant's honesty, integrity, and general good character.

Professional Practice Examination – All Professional Engineer applicants must pass this examination. In order to take the exam, an application for licensing must be in process. The exam is held twice a year. There is often an option, depending on the province or territory to which one is applying, to take the exam while overseas.

Study guides are available through provincial licensing bodies.

In Conclusion
Canada has taken steps to make the Professional Engineering licensing process available to individuals both in Canada and abroad.

Provinces and territories have many resources in place to help foreign-trained engineers obtain the certification they need to practice in Canada.” “This highlights the fact that Canada is in need of these talented professionals, and that we are truly willing to go above and beyond so that they choose our country as their new home.”

Prospective immigrants with backgrounds in engineering are encouraged to begin their research and application process early so as to take advantage of the generous support Canada offers its future Professional Engineers.
i really looking forward for this kind of discussion or information on engineering license issues.......hey all the engineeres please share your knowledge over this issue.....
can we start the process of getting license before getting PR...also what is the use of MIT...is it beneficial???????for MIT you need to show that your work exp is nil..is it right to show that..as mine is 5 yrs...does they consider non-canadian exp as nil to apply for MIT?

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casv said:
Receiving an Engineering License in Canada – the Process

Canada is looking for engineers of all kinds to help power its booming economy. These skilled workers, with expertise in a variety of disciplines, have knowledge that is vital to the operation of many public and private organizations.Engineers currently have a range of immigration options available to them, including the popular Federal Skilled Worker and Quebec Skilled Worker programs. Once in Canada, they can enjoy a welcoming labour market, high salaries, and an exceptional quality of life. However, an engineer cannot formally practice under the title Professional Engineer unless he/she has received the necessary licensing to do so by their chosen Canadian province or territory.

Engineering Regulations

Engineering is a regulated profession in Canada. Therefore, it is illegal to practice under the title of Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) without being properly licensed. However, an individual can work in the engineering field without a license provided he/she is supervised by a licensed engineer.
Regulation of engineering licenses is maintained by individual provinces and territories. One does not have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in order to apply for a license to work in Canada. Prospective immigrants should make sure to apply for licensing in the province where they intend to settle and work upon arrival to Canada.

A list of the provincial and territorial bodies that regulate engineering certification can be found at the bottom of this article.
Each association offers two kinds of memberships: Engineer-in-Training and Professional Engineer. An Engineer-in-Training membership indicates that all academic requirements for a Professional Engineer license have been required, and that the applicant is in the process of completing additional requirements. A Professional Engineer license indicates that all outstanding requirements for membership have been completed, and allows an individual to practice engineering in their field and to use the title P. Eng after their name.

Applying for Professional Engineer Certification

The process of receiving the Professional Engineer certification can take over a year. Application details, as well as specific document requirements, vary from province to province. However, all successful applications must satisfy requirements in the following five fields:
Academic Assessment;
Work Experience and References Assessment;
Language Competency Assessment;
Character Assessment ; and
Professional Practice Examination

Academic Assessment – All engineers must obtain a minimum level of education. This generally equates to at least a 4 year undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline or its equivalent. Holders of foreign academic credentials must have their credentials evaluated and given Canadian equivalency.

The provincial or territorial body to which an individual is applying may additionally require him/her to write examinations in any number of the following categories:

Basic studies examinations – testing ability in math, basic science, and engineering
Complementary studies examinations – testing knowledge of applied engineering
Discipline-specific examinations – testing knowledge in engineering science and design
Work Experience and References Assessment – A minimum of 4 years of work experience in an engineering discipline is required to receive licensing in Canada (except Quebec). This includes at least 1 year of supervised work experience in Canada.

It is important to note that it is not required to wait to submit an application until 1 year of Canadian experience has been obtained. Other memberships may be granted in the meantime, and additional steps like the Academic Assessment can be completed while the 1 year of Canadian work experience is in progress.

Language Competency Assessment – Engineers must demonstrate their ability to communicate in either English or French. Many prospective immigrants will already have documents that attest to their language abilities, as this is required by many immigration programs. However, they should check with their specific provincial engineering licensing body, as additional evidence may be required.
Character Assessment – A list of character references must be provided. These references must include Professional Engineers, at least one of whom is licensed to practice in Canada. All must be willing to attest to an applicant's honesty, integrity, and general good character.

Professional Practice Examination – All Professional Engineer applicants must pass this examination. In order to take the exam, an application for licensing must be in process. The exam is held twice a year. There is often an option, depending on the province or territory to which one is applying, to take the exam while overseas.

Study guides are available through provincial licensing bodies.

In Conclusion
Canada has taken steps to make the Professional Engineering licensing process available to individuals both in Canada and abroad.

Provinces and territories have many resources in place to help foreign-trained engineers obtain the certification they need to practice in Canada.” “This highlights the fact that Canada is in need of these talented professionals, and that we are truly willing to go above and beyond so that they choose our country as their new home.”

Prospective immigrants with backgrounds in engineering are encouraged to begin their research and application process early so as to take advantage of the generous support Canada offers its future Professional Engineers.

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
Adrenalineforu said:
HAPPY DIWALI !!

May lord Rama shower his richest blessings on you and keep you away from evil. And may he successfully land you and settle you in Canada.
thank you and same to u and all.......

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Cool man, heartiest congratulations on getting the PR stamped & good luck for your landing. Please do share your landing experience in details once you land, if possible.

Chinook said:
Hi Everyone,

I had mailed my passport by Fedex on 16th Oct to CPPO which they received the very next day.
In the whole 6 months of visa processing, I had this nerve wrecking 2 weeks waiting time, since there is no way to know when I will get back the passport. I had seen from other forum that people had waited 3-6 weeks to get back their passport. And to make things worse, CIC says, they are not responsible if the document is lost!

I had enclosed a prepaid self addressed Canadian "Xpresspost?USA" envelope which had the tracking facility and signature requirement. I started monitoring Canadian Postal web site after 10 days of submission. The tracking got activated on 31st Oct evening and today on 2nd Nov I received the passport.
(My suggestion to all CPPO applicants who have already sent their passports .. Don't waste your time tracking the Canadian Postal web site multiple times in a day. As CPPO sends the packages to the local Post Office in the closing hours of evening, you may like to check their web site just once every day after 18:30Hrs Eastern time). I observed that applicants residing in Canada and sending their passports under other programs wait longer to get back their passports.

My medical report was uploaded on 26th Sep, and the the E mail for Passport Request came on 11th Oct. I am surprised to note that my single entry Immigrant PR Visa will expire on 11th Oct 2014. (Perhaps that is the day CPPO had approved my medical report.)

Along with the passport, they had sent me two copies of "Confirmation of PR", of which one copy bears my photo at the bottom and an additional information sheet.

The salient points given in the "Info Sheet" are enumerated below.

1. Sign the copies of CPR only at the time of landing when instructed by the IO at the port of entry.
2. New immigrants are not eligible for public health insurance for upto 3 months after arrival. Plan to buy private health care insurance till such time you get Govt aided care.
3. Medical surveillance code 1 valid up to 11th Oct 2014. (I do not know what this means)
4. You must inform CIC of any change in marital status and composition of family if it occurs after issue of visa and before landing. CIC will inform you what further procedures to be followed.
4. Landing cannot be made after the expiry of PR visa which becomes null and void. Under no circumstances the PR visa can be extended even by a day.
5. If you fail to make the landing before the visa expires, you will have to reapply for visa as per the existing laws and conditions and the fact a CPR was previously issued to you does not mean that subsequent application will be approved.
6. Any approved family member may accompany or follow the principal applicant, but cannot arrive in Canada before the principal applicant.
7. Any approved family member who does not join the principal applicant before the expiry of CPR, must reapply and be accepted again for immigration.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
MLT3211 said:
Hi

I have a similar case, I had applied under NOC 3211 and I have an experience of 4+ years in the above NOC,

But presently I am working in a different NOC since last 2 year

I had mentioned both the occupations in my application, with Primary occupation as 3211. But I am afraid after reading the post of aami786pk, that he has also choose the primary NOC as per the listed NOC under FSW 2013 but his application was rejected as ineligible NOC code 0112 of other NOC under which he has experience

Is there any other person in the forum whose application was accepted / Rejected on the same ground

Waiting also the opinion of Experts in this

Thanks

Hi,

I applied under noc 3211 as my primary job because I had 6 years experience in that category. Presently, I am doing a job under noc code 3212 which was also filled as other NOC. As you can see, both NOC's are under eligible occupations. I am surprised as to why CIC should disqualify or reject applications based on the secondary NOC even when one has filled out his primary NOC under eligible occupations.