+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

s_g_t

Jan 16, 2013
Hello all,

Has anyone else here received this email from their VO? (CPP-Ottawa)?

**************************************************************************************************************************
DEAR xxxxx:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the federal skilled worker class. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation in which you requested assessment: Computer Engineers (NOC 2147). The table below sets out the points assessed:

Points assessed
Maximum

Education

Experience

Arranged employment

Official language proficiency

Adaptability

TOTAL

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. The work reference letters you have submitted to support your experience as a Computer Engineer are either not descriptive enough as in the case of XXX or do not demonstrate that you have experience under this NOC as is the case of XXX Staffing and XXXInc.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue.

You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that

you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

You are responsible for any fees charged by professionals you may consult as a result of this opportunity to submit new information.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

*************************************************************************************************************************

In short, the VO has rejected my letter of reference and given me zero points despite my 15 years of experience as a network engineer. I have 60 days to produce a more concise letter of reference, which I will be able to do. Without the points for the work experience, I'm at 55 points and disqualified. With the 15 points for the work experience, I'm at 70 points and qualified for the FSWP.

It seems that many applicants are having trouble with WES, but how about with letters of reference being rejected? The letter that I submitted was pretty good with a detailed job description and all the requested info such as start/end dates, 40 hour work week, etc. My experience in dealing with the HR departments of my previous employers has been extremely frustrating, with HR generating mundane letters without any job description. Fortunately, in the case of my current employer, where I've been for the past three years, I don't have to deal with HR.

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
s_g_t said:
Hello all,

**************************************************************************************************************************
DEAR xxxxx:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the federal skilled worker class. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
So far u r the first one to report this. (at least as far as I know )... N m getting goosebumps reading this.. This has come out as a nightmare coz I was so positive dat perhaps no one wil get such email frm visa office after PER frm CIC

Bt the positive aspect is at least u hv the docs to prove ur wrk experience.. All the best n send the questioned docs ASAP

veer1624

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
Med's Request
2nd Jan 2014
Med's Done....
13th Jan 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2nd Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
3rd March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed on 27th June
s_g_t said:
This is very strange
Hello all,

DEAR xxxxx:

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation in which you requested assessment: Computer Engineers (NOC 2147). The table below sets out the points assessed:

Points assessed
Maximum

Education

Experience

Arranged employment

Official language proficiency

Adaptability

TOTAL

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. The work reference letters you have submitted to support your experience as a Computer Engineer are either not descriptive enough as in the case of XXX or do not demonstrate that you have experience under this NOC as is the case of XXX Staffing and XXXInc.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue.

You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that

you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

You are responsible for any fees charged by professionals you may consult as a result of this opportunity to submit new information.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

*************************************************************************************************************************

In short, the VO has rejected my letter of reference and given me zero points despite my 15 years of experience as a network engineer. I have 60 days to produce a more concise letter of reference, which I will be able to do. Without the points for the work experience, I'm at 55 points and disqualified. With the 15 points for the work experience, I'm at 70 points and qualified for the FSWP.

It seems that many applicants are having trouble with WES, but how about with letters of reference being rejected? The letter that I submitted was pretty good with a detailed job description and all the requested info such as start/end dates, 40 hour work week, etc. My experience in dealing with the HR departments of my previous employers has been extremely frustrating, with HR generating mundane letters without any job description. Fortunately, in the case of my current employer, where I've been for the past three years, I don't have to deal with HR.

s_g_t

Jan 16, 2013
Honestly, I was very surprised to receive this communication from the VO office, as I put considerable effort into obtaining letters of reference and submitted a pretty good letter detailing everything that I do in my daily job. Two HR departments from previous jobs (within the past 10 years) refused to give me anything but a canned letter with a meaningless job description (despite an email from a former manager endorsing my job description) and stopped responding to my emails after a while.

I'm going to rewrite the letter to match the main duties listed for NOC 2147, with similar wording but in the same order. Since I'm a contractor, I will try to get a similar letter from my supervisor, whom I didn't bother with this request at the time of my submission because I had a seemingly good signed letter from the staffing company.

Either the immigration officer knows nothing about the job of a Cisco network engineer; or he didn't like my application for whatever reason (doesn't like Americans?) and was looking for an excuse to reject me. At ay rate, I have 60 days to rectify this situation, so all hope is not lost.

Good grief, very frustrating dealing with this bureaucracy! I will not go down without a fight.

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
s_g_t said:
Honestly, I was very surprised to receive this communication from the VO office, as I put considerable effort into obtaining letters of reference and submitted a pretty good letter detailing everything that I do in my daily job. Two HR departments from previous jobs (within the past 10 years) refused to give me anything but a canned letter with a meaningless job description (despite an email from a former manager endorsing my job description) and stopped responding to my emails after a while.

I'm going to rewrite the letter to match the main duties listed for NOC 2147, with similar wording but in the same order. Since I'm a contractor, I will try to get a similar letter from my supervisor, whom I didn't bother with this request at the time of my submission because I had a seemingly good signed letter from the staffing company.

Either the immigration officer knows nothing about the job of a Cisco network engineer; or he didn't like my application for whatever reason (doesn't like Americans?) and was looking for an excuse to reject me. At ay rate, I have 60 days to rectify this situation, so all hope is not lost.

Good grief, very frustrating dealing with this bureaucracy! I will not go down without a fight.
our best wishes are with you.. fight it till end (always keep positive approach n no matter what circumstances are .. "DON'T GIVE UP" ).. and hopefully 60 days is fair time but stil produce the docs to d earliest and do update us.. looking forward to hear some gd news frm u

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Maina,

and to all my fellow forumities,

Until and Unless you dont land in Canada, Nothing is sure. Even if you crossed the stage of PER / CC CHARGE, MEDICALS,
So be patient and and enjoy the wait . If you destined to be in canada, u will otherwise a small mistake can cost you dearly even at the final stages.
Once again, no timeline is definitive with Canadian Immigration.

maina said:
So far u r the first one to report this. (at least as far as I know )... N m getting goosebumps reading this.. This has come out as a nightmare coz I was so positive dat perhaps no one wil get such email frm visa office after PER frm CIC

Bt the positive aspect is at least u hv the docs to prove ur wrk experience.. All the best n send the questioned docs ASAP

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
prince_of_darkness said:
Maina,

and to all my fellow forumities,

Until and Unless you dont land in Canada, Nothing is sure. Even PER / CC CHARGE, MEDICALS,
So be patient and and enjoy the wait . If you destined to be in canada, u will otherwise a small mistake can cost even at the finals stage.
Once again, no timeline is definitive with Canadian Immigration.
so true yr.. agreed.. and even sometimes widout any mistakes they have reasons to reject.. like fo one applicant they said original IELTS missing (though he claims dats nt true), fo other photographs went missing (even there r claims dat cic missed it) etc etc :( :(

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
You are right as well,
With Canadian Immigration, NO manuals, videos, thesis, hypothesis, predictions, assumptions, probabilities, permutation & combinations, no timeline works.

It comes with time. if its YOU, ur in, if its not for you, ur out sometimes no fault of yours even,.
Keep Calm and carry on with normal life.

maina said:
so true yr.. agreed.. and even sometimes widout any mistakes they have reasons to reject.. like fo one applicant they said original IELTS missing (though he claims dats nt true), fo other photographs went missing (even there r claims dat cic missed it) etc etc :( :(

canadachocaccon

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
s_g_t said:

Are you working for Cisco? Do you have master or PhD degree? In 2147NOC description, they mention that sometimes, they require master or PhD degree for this NOC.

Anyway, I believe your work matches this NOC if you are working as a network engineer in Cisco.

Try your best! Good luck!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
SGT - YOU MAY WANNA READ THIS TO UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE :

VO is assigned to review atleast 20+ files on a daily basis - they go through extensive knowledge test before they get to this position of assessing someone to enter to Canada

In cases where u haven't had support from HR on duties that were genuinely performed it is always wise to substitute with a cover letter with crisp description of duties performed - point wise - and showing no replication of duties found in HRSDC / WORKING IN CANADA .GC.CA

Ideally, you should provide letters of reference from your current and past employers. These letters should be on company letterhead and signed by the appropriate individual. The letters must include your period of employment, positions held, duties, salary, hours of work, and a business card of the person signing.

If you can not provide all of the above, you must include an explanation in your application why not. If you do not have (or can not get letters of reference), the next best thing would be to provide old contracts of employment with your employers, or old performance appraisals, etc.

If you can not provide any of the above, your application may be in jeopardy. If you can find an old supervisor or even work mate, he or she could swear an affidavit on the above details of your employment to help support your application, along with your own explanation and description.

At this point, you will have to get creative about documenting your work experience.

hope this helps - there is still light at the end of tunnel - so work you way up creatively and don't accept failure

good luck mate

s_g_t

Jan 16, 2013
Thanks for your support, everyone.

I've almost completed the new write-up of my job duties, and was careful to match the bullet points as described in NOC 2147, in the same order. My staffing company will put it all on company letterhead and sign. I've got a good rapport with my supervisor and team lead, and hope to get letters from them as well confirming that I work there and stating what I do.

I'm just surprised that I seem to be the only applicant with this problem. Getting concise letters of reference from HR with a detailed job description was pulling teeth.....

I'm fine with my MBA confirmed by WES (almost a perfect score, and I did well on the language exams, 1 point from total points). I can't do much about my age (scored only 5/12 as I'm 42), and I can't do much about the lack of family in Canada as I only have colleagues from work in Calgary. I don't think that anyone scores the 10 points for the pre-arranged job offer, certainly not if you're a contractor. Isn't that the whole point of getting the PR, to be able to get the job in Canada?

No, I don't work for Cisco, just have my Cisco CCNA cert. I asked Campbell Cohen if I should submit a copy of it, but they said that it wouldn't make a difference.

s_g_t

Jan 16, 2013
Terki --

Excellent points, many thanks. I hadn't thought of the business card. It sounds like I should get a letter from my team lead and supervisor, and not just from the staffing company. I should be able to.

Thanks everyone. I'm not giving up at all. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to let them get the best of me!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Guess what - with ur experience - u r well fit to Canada - these hurdles are minor - cross them creatively - then u might end up earning 10+ times more than these cheap buggers who cant provide reference letter -

work with fresh mind and prepare well

good luck